Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,713 members, 7,844,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu (11862 Views)

Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / Adesina And Garba Will Have Serious Challenges Defending Buhari, Says Tinubu / Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Okijajuju1(m): 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2012
Da infamous:

The boy got problem sha you can tell, probable a prodigal son, or outcast,

[size=18pt]Dude!!

What tha Bleep was that shi't you said about me for, dawg?!

Are you tryin to start something or what?!

Boy!! I aint got beef with you hommes!! You may wanna watch what words carefully. . .  I dont run away from a fight like Ojukwu. . . Just pre-warning you. .

This is a free for all forum. .  Errbody is free to air their views without being called names. . I hope you heed my advice. .

have a good evening.
[/size]
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by beeke(m): 3:57pm On Feb 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Interesting piece. . .

Rest in Peace Ikemba Nnewi. . . No love lost, no love found. .
Original Cowward
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by babaowo: 4:00pm On Feb 24, 2012
r.i.p.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Igwe9(m): 4:00pm On Feb 24, 2012
alj harem:

Nope they were not until biafrans invaded their land then they join Nigerian Amry.

who told you? who destroyed the Oji River thermal station if not OBJ and his people, I just don't want to talk about this please.
We should concentrate on how to co-exist or go our separate ways. q.e.d
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by ubaonye: 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2012
RIP Gr8 Son ☺τ̅ the Soil, Rest in the bossom ☺τ̅ the Lord
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Okijajuju1(m): 4:05pm On Feb 24, 2012
Igwe.:

who told you? who destroyed the Oji River thermal station if not OBJ and his people, I just don't want to talk about this please.

Everybody is chilling and existing just fine, except for Massob/biafran apologists and Boko Haram . . .
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Dainfamous: 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2012
ALJ HARAM this is for you; smiley

By simple definition, a parasite means; an organism that benefits at the expense of another, the host! Taken into account this simple definition, I wonder how an average northerner can be termed one by my southern counterparts, especially from the Oil Producing region in Nigeria, My Country!

Let me give u a simple example with my household! I work with a radio station in kano as a Presentation Assistant, and on the days I have morning shifts, I wake up as early as 4am and by 5am am in the office! While the days that I have night shift, sometimes I don’t come back home till 1am! My wife works as a teacher, (mind you, she’s also a wife and a mother of 2 and each of these is a full-time job on its own) then let’s move on to my 1st son, 5yrs old! He goes to school at 7am to 3pm and very soon he’ll start Islamic School from 4pm to 6pm monday to friday! I am not a civil servant, and neither is my wife! My kids were born in private hospital and still go to one and my son is in private school! Because going to a government owned is tantamount to suicide!

Majority of our average northern families are hard working people trying to make ends meet on a daily basis! This is the case for majority of us in the north, whether middle class or poor and some of the rich ones not in government! As such, we do not come in contact with the allocation money from the federation account!

The real parasites are our northern Governors! They are demons, blood sucking vampires, they are mosquitoes that feed on us! They receive billions of Naira as grant from the federal Government! Majority of the people do not even know how much exactly they receive, only what they tell them! Most of these states are still backwards in terms of infrastructure, and apart from salaries, (which some go months without paying) there’s nothing to write home about! They mismanaged these resources, inflate contracts to exorbitant figures, some without even doing the job still, then end up at the Senate for Immunity against prosecution when they leave office! They’ve perfected their looting and pen-robbery! En massing so much wealth which can be equal to the budget of a poorer african country! Yet, the word parasite has become synonymous with northerners in this country!

At the beginning of this democratic dispensation in 1999, when The Northern Governors Forum was formed, one will assume that the 1st thing they’ll do, is to collectively declare a state of emergency on education, especially in the core north where our level of education is one of the poorest not only in the country, but all over the world! Or on farming which used to be the major source of revenue generation in Nigeria, before “their oil” was discovered! or massive unemployment as a result of factories that are closing everyday in the region, and so many other life-saving issues that can change the lives of ordinary northerners! Even if they felt that, somehow these are not important issues that demand their outright response, one will assume the current insecurity in the region will make them sit up, come together and strategize on how to arrest this endless attacks by Boko Haram, may be have a meeting with all the heads of security outfits in the country or something like that! But for where, its not even on their plate! Sometimes I can’t help but wonder what’s in their head, cos its surely not brains! At a point I thought may be saw dust, but then again even that is more useful than their brains and I came to the conclusion that, their heads are just EMPTY!!!

http://www.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwp.me%2Fp1JLkj-6f&h=zAQGh4Fs1AQEJ4LWwJfEnExgtn3axd7ETGsAasiOiGVok5w
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by quest55(m): 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2012
OJUKWU! - Lessons.
1. Before any leader (IKEMBA) proceeds to fight for a course on behalf of the masses (IBO) it will be wisdom to carry other elders (IJAWS,ITSEKIRIS,EDO,URHOBOS,EFIKS etc) along.
2. As a result of (1) above, I Before Others (IBO) mentality brings no gains. Stubborness is not a quality but a weakness. Ojukwu should have thought of others during the progroms before plunging NDI IGBO into civil massacre.
3. The greatest traitors against the IBOs are the Ibos and the Igbo leaders themselves! The day Ibos unite, the day power goes to the common Nigerian people.

The real 'qweshion' for Nigerians about pardoned-Ojukwu is "SHOULD POLITICIANS IN NIGERIA CARRY ON IN THE SAME WAY AS OJUKWU?"
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by pejol: 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2012
USE YOUR ID CARDS,FRINGER PRINT AND PASSWORD TO LOCK N UNLOCK YOUR DOOR
EXCELLENT HIGH SECURITY DIGITAL DOOR LOCK PLUS DEAD LOCK
USING 2-15 DIGITS. FOREIGNERS NEVER KNOW SECURITY CODE INPUT BY USER)
LOCKING WHEN THE DOOR IS CLOSED (NO WORRY ABOUT LOCKING EVEN IN FORGETFUL PERSON)
ELECTRIC POWER SAVING BY DEVELOPED MECHANICAL SYSTEM (BATTERY CHANGE : MORE 2YEARS = 15,000TIMES)
EASY TO READ KEYPAD IN THE DARK AREA (AUTOMATIC LIGHTING SYSTEM)
call : +2348078440712 or email:wanpele4good@yahoo.com, bb ping:21C56585

Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by aljharem(m): 4:14pm On Feb 24, 2012
Igwe.:

LOL co-existence ?

Please go to Lagos, Oyo, Edo, Kaduna today, People live in peace and their are no animosity even to the extent that There is a place in Kaduna named Ogbomoso and a Place in Lagos Named Alaba

Can you mention a town in the east named after yoruba or hausa ?

When Have you ever heard yorubas disturb Igbos ? But rather than show the love back, you all rather come on the internet and ridicule yorubas and hausas.

Time would tell, Our Elders say

One day monkey go go market e no go fit come back.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2012
alj harem:

Nope they were not until biafrans invaded their land then they join Nigerian Amry.

That's a perversion of history. The attack of Yoruba land didn't suddenly mobilize hundreds of thousands of Yoruba civilians to join the army and fight within days or a few weeks. They were the more dormant region of the Nigerian invaders and allies of the North waiting for the right time to pounce.

They weren't an innocent, aggrieved party but legitimate targets of Biafran aggression.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Reggie2(m): 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2012
This is the moment of truth. Lies may rein a thousand years but a moment of truth will always overtake. I salute the courage of yoruba leaders who have decided to own up to the truth although belatedly. Such eulogies in my opinion are not mere political gimmicks but a genuine attempt to address historical distortions. Believe me, if Awolowo had showed some remorse instead of shifting the entire onus of war blame to Ojukwu and his tribe, the valley of distrust between these two tribes would have healed fast. The speeches of these renowned yoruba leaders have more weight than insignificant gibberish on this forum. Except these gentlemen here are mischievously casting aspersions on their leaders, I am inclined to hold that they also speak for their numerous followers. I cannot be persuaded to believe that these outbursts on the person of late Ikemba are mere attempts to politically woe Ndigbo come 2015.

RIP GREAT IKEMBA. A TSUNAMI CANNOT PASS UNNOTICED.        
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by DuduNegro: 4:24pm On Feb 24, 2012
Reggie2:

This is the moment of truth. Lies may rein a thousand years but a moment of truth will always overtake. I salute the courage of yoruba leaders who have decided to own up to the truth although belatedly. Such eulogies in my opinion are not mere political gimmicks but a genuine attempt to address historical distortions. Believe me, if Awolowo had showed some remorse instead of shifting the entire onus of war blame to Ojukwu and his tribe, the valley of distrust between these two tribes would have healed fast. The speeches of these renowned yoruba leaders have more weight than insignificant gibberish on this forum. Except these gentlemen here are mischievously casting aspersions on their leaders, I am inclined to hold that they also speak for their numerous followers. I cannot be persuaded to believe that these outbursts on the person of late Ikemba are mere attempts to politically woe Ndigbo come 2015.

RIP GREAT IKEMBA. A TSUNAMI CANNOT PASS UNNOTICED.        [/b]

. . . . for what?
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Jisunpack: 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2012
Brother, disregard all these them say, them say.

Dudu_Negro:

. . . . for what?
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by aribisala0(m): 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2012
Reggie, please explain why Awo should be remorseful.I don't get it.Really
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by ACM10: 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2012
Lies runs sprint; truth runs marathon. At the end of the day, truth will prevail

. . .Michael Jackson
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by juleze(f): 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2012
Smh, Tinubu HAS a great strategist. He just single-handedly won over the naïve igbo people with this speech. I know him well enough to know that this is a 'win-over' speech, and what better time to launch it than when people have been made vulnerable by grief.

Whenever I read the comments of the yorubas, with regard to him, I stake by head at their ignorance, but for the igbo people to also be bought over means he has won over the the whole south; lest I forget, he's also a Muslim and would use that to win over a large amount of the Northerners.

The thought of the future of Nigeria, in light of all these, and more, makes my heart bleed.
Please don't be deceived.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Dede1(m): 4:46pm On Feb 24, 2012
T8ksy:

Yeah right! I guess he was defending his people when he invaded the mid-west region
and impose a mid-west ibo on them as their military administrator.

Just as he was defending his people when he sent his rag-tag soldiers into yorubaland

If I call you a ninny it should be an insult to dumbasses.  grin grin As usual, you have spoken like a person who had no rudimentary education about Nigeria before it was partitioned into states. For umpteenth time, mid-western region was part of Nigeria not Republic of Dahomey in 1967.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by OneNaira6: 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2012
pejol:

USE YOUR ID CARDS,FRINGER PRINT AND PASSWORD TO LOCK N UNLOCK YOUR DOOR
EXCELLENT HIGH SECURITY DIGITAL DOOR LOCK PLUS DEAD LOCK
USING 2-15 DIGITS. FOREIGNERS NEVER KNOW SECURITY CODE INPUT BY USER)
LOCKING WHEN THE DOOR IS CLOSED (NO WORRY ABOUT LOCKING EVEN IN FORGETFUL PERSON)
ELECTRIC POWER SAVING BY DEVELOPED MECHANICAL SYSTEM (BATTERY CHANGE : MORE 2YEARS = 15,000TIMES)
EASY TO READ KEYPAD IN THE DARK AREA (AUTOMATIC LIGHTING SYSTEM)
call : +2348078440712 or email:wanpele4good@yahoo.com, bb ping:21C56585

I love this guy he always show up whenever there seem to be an internet war and post his technology.
Interesting way of stopping online thugs I dare say.  
I don't think it is the best way to advise your business but still interesting and comical. grin cheesy

As for thread
Na so he speak. He didnot need to repeat what Igbo has already know and said about Ojukwu
Truth will always prevail they say. Na God work in progress
Next person. line up

I'm noticing how westerner and northerner leaders are all of a sudden recanting the lies they've spoken over the years. Maybe they are trying to woo Igbo into their arms. I'm assuming with SE and SS speaking of separate nationality from other Nigerians and resource control, they couldn't think of other ways to hold onto their free resources and divide and rule quest except recanting all the lies.  
Oya the next person line up and say your piece.  
Don't forget the wooing of SS minority, una are disregarding them imo  grin grin grin
Una are fighting with destiny but at least we are sitting in the sideline watching una exposing all your lies without our help.
Continue with the wooing, it's welcomed with an open arm, but having no effect.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2012
LOL!!

These NL hypocrites make me laugh. Same ppl that says Tinubu should be in jail and not allowed to politicize his ideas are now listening with attentive ears.

Hypocrites or selective listeners  grin grin

Seriously, all the next presidential campaigner has to do is put Ojukwu Odumegwu  as his middle name.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by stayreal: 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2012
In kindness, I asked yoruba brethren. Which one of your people was killed by biafran troops led by banjo towards lagos that stopped at ore? My uncle was still in lagos at that time working for the newspaper and knows many events that occurred at that time. I know some elder igbo men that were part of that invasion. Their purpose was to catch the nigerian military off guard by seizing the capital and military munitions that were held in lagos. Most of the nigerian military was mobilized in the north. Ask delta people if  their people were killed in the midwest when the biafra army went through their land. Remember that biafra declared independence and nigeria declared  war before these events occurred.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Afam4eva(m): 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL!!

These NL hypocrites make me laugh. Same ppl that says Tinubu should be in jail and not allowed to politicize his ideas are now listening with attentive ears.

Hypocrites or selective listeners  grin grin

Nobody is perfect. That i agree with Tinubu's assertion today does not mean i will always agree with him. It's left for me to decide what i want to accept.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2012
afam4eva:

Nobody is perfect. That i agree with Tinubu's assertion today does not mean i will always agree with him. It's left for me to decide what i want to accept.

Nothing do you.

You just admit to being an hypocrite. as long as you know that it's what you want to accept, and sometimes the truth is hard for you to accept.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by DuduNegro: 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL!!

Seriously, all the next presidential campaign has to do is put Ojukwu Odumegwu as his middle name.

juleze:

Smh, Tinubu HAS a great strategist. He just single-handedly won over the naïve igbo people with this speech. I know him well enough to know that this is a 'win-over' speech, and what better time to launch it than when people have been made vulnerable by grief.

Whenever I read the comments of the yorubas, with regard to him, I stake by head at their ignorance, but for the igbo people to also be bought over means he has won over the the whole south; lest I forget, he's also a Muslim and would use that to win over a large amount of the Northerners.

The thought of the future of Nigeria, in light of all these, and more, makes my heart bleed.
Please don't be deceived.

. . . . . .If Tinubu is a fraud, then this eulogy to Ojukwu is a fraud and must be dismissed as a truth-bender cool
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Okijajuju1(m): 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL!!

Seriously, all the next presidential campaigner has to do is put Ojukwu Odumegwu  as his middle name.

Nwa Yoruba Ekiti. . .    grin

No mind them . . .  Shame is shaming me on their behalf,

If Ahmedinajab says Ojukwu is the bestest Nigerian to ever live, all of them would call him a saint . . .     grin

Sorry bunch. . . . Nigeria must have really beat them bad for them to have been sulking for over 30 years. . .
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by DuduNegro: 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2012
stayreal:

In kindness, I asked yoruba brethren. Which one of your people was killed by biafran troops led by banjo towards lagos that stopped at ore? My uncle was still in lagos at that time working for the newspaper and knows many events that occurred at that time. I know some elder igbo men that were part of that invasion. Their purpose was to catch the nigerian military off guard by seizing the capital and military munitions that were held in lagos. Most of the nigerian military was mobilized in the north. Ask delta people if their people were killed in the midwest when the biafra army went through their land. Remember that biafra declared independence and nigeria declared war before these events occurred.

stayreal, do you recognize this object?

Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 24, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

. . . . . .If Tinubu is a fraud, then this eulogy to Ojukwu is a fraud and must be dismissed as a truth-bender cool

Subject is still up for debate. It depends on "what one chooses to accept".

It's human nature for us to have discord with some aspect of the truth, so one simply choose a part (or several parts)  that would not damage one's "person".
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by OneNaira6: 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nwa Yoruba Ekiti. . .    grin

No mind them . . .  Shame is shaming me on their behalf,

If Ahmedinajab says Ojukwu is the bestest Nigerian to ever live, all of them would call him a saint . . .     grin

Sorry bunch. . . . Nigeria must have really beat them bad for them to have been sulking for over 30 years. . .

Tomorrow this fool will come and tell us na Igbo man him be?

mschweee
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Igwe9(m): 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL!!

Hello,
This goes to show how open minded igbos are, they criticize / extol actions not individuals like some of you, who don't see anything good in some other person. smiley
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by aribisala0(m): 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL!!

Hypocrites or selective listeners  grin grin[b]

Seriously, all the next presidential campaigner has to do is put Ojukwu Odumegwu  as his middle name. [/b]
Spot on! Tinubu is playing politics but he is also being an African or Human even. What does one say at another man's funeral.

Expect Lagos state to name something after him soon
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by OneNaira6: 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL!!

Hypocrites or selective listeners  grin grin

Seriously, all the next presidential campaigner has to do is put Ojukwu Odumegwu  as his middle name.

He's repeating what Igbo have said since day one.

What other expression do you except?

He's speaking the truth right now, we agree he's speaking the truth. Does that change what anyone think of him? Of course not.

credit is given when credit needs to be given.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2012
Igwe.:

Hello,
This goes to show how open minded igbos are, they criticize / extol actions not individuals like some of you, who don't see anything good in some other person. smiley
Not open-minded.

They choose what they want to accept, and it's usually something to their advantage.

No group is open-minded in Nigeria. Bunch of clowns.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo Should Declare Their Assets Publicly - Ex-NHRC Chairman / $15m: Court Throws Out Patience Jonathan’s Suit Against SERAP, Awards Cost Vangu / Nnamdi Kanu Destroys Ohaneze & Calls For Live Debate With Nigeria Intellectuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.