Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,531 members, 7,854,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:01 PM

Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu (11869 Views)

Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / Adesina And Garba Will Have Serious Challenges Defending Buhari, Says Tinubu / Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by EkoIle1: 11:39pm On Feb 24, 2012
lmao @ ike eba aka ike akpu,

Sucxxs to be AGIPA,
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by ekwynwa: 11:58pm On Feb 24, 2012
quest55:

wait until HE evolves. Let's see if the Israelis will save you. Let's see if the Niger Delta will cheer Biafra. Let's see who the target of hostility will be. Let's who is land locked. Let's see who has the most internal disharmony with leader selling fellowmen for 30 pieces of silver. Let's see who descends deepest into the pits of rotten moral values. JUST LETS WAIT AND SEE!
Se u nó wan learn common sence.

blah blah blah  tongue tongue
Dirge of a sad man, speak for ur miserable self and leave Niger Delta out of it .Btw we are the NDs  

These links mighty interest you SE/SS are closing ranks so pack your ugly face tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-877893.64.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=868996.msg10237378#msg10237378

Yorubas are also daily being slaughtered up north , Just that they don’t speak up for their people who re continual buried in mass graves all over the north (nobody claims their corpse) shocked shocked shocked

Land locked you must be sniffing some cheap  gum  sad

I don laugh tire…  grin who sold Abiola to the Hausa Fulani, after winning the presidential election Abiola was imprisoned like a common criminal, tortured and poisoned to death like rat with the consent of yoruba leaders who were bribed with some peanuts   shocked shocked

Yorubas ve highest level of internal disharmony, we all know how they kill themselves like chicken….who killed Bola Ige, Funshio Williams nko   shocked shocked

and why did former governor  pull down Awo’s statue and replaced it with unknown soldier I pity ur uninformed life tongue

Moral values you got none guy…, Yorubas practice incest more than any region, papa sleep with daughter and daughter in-law Obasanjo and Gbenga’s case is still fresh  shocked shocked shocked

Stop yarning dust  tongue tongue tongue

isi ekwe cheesy
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by ekwynwa: 12:02am On Feb 25, 2012
Yoruba people are always on cheap crack
pathetic people.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Dainfamous: 12:05am On Feb 25, 2012
Eko Ile:

lmao @ ike eba aka ike akpu,

Sucxxs to be ACN,
cool mumu.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by quest55(m): 12:50am On Feb 25, 2012
ekwy nwa:

blah blah blah  tongue tongue
Dirge of a sad man, speak for ur miserable self and leave Niger Delta out of it .Btw we are the NDs   {EVERYDAY THE NIGER DELTANS ARE SHOUTING "THE IBOS THINK WE ARE FOOLS" I KNOW SAY YOU NEVER HEAR AM.(dumb button. Typical)}

These links mighty interest you SE/SS are closing ranks so pack your ugly face {te he ha ha te he ha ha.ROTFLMAO. "Closing Ranks?" This type of arrogance from a few mellon minded Ibos is what is alienating the IBOS from society}tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-877893.64.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=868996.msg10237378#msg10237378

Yorubas are also daily being slaughtered up north , {ODIEGWU} Just that they don’t speak up for their people{BUT OPC Speaks for the other tribes} who re continual buried in mass graves all over the north (nobody claims their corpse{solution is to claim corpses!}) shocked shocked shocked

Land locked you must be sniffing some cheap  gum  sad

I don laugh tire…  grin who sold Abiola to the Hausa Fulani,{which tribe accused the Yorubas and MKO of running away from their mandate? Who did Chukwumerije sell? Which tribe was always very 'happy' to compare Awolowo to Abiola with a rider that Abiola will end up in prison if he tries to claims hìs mandate?} after winning the presidential election Abiola was imprisoned like a common criminal, tortured and poisoned to death like rat with the consent of yoruba leaders who were bribed with some peanuts{HOW DOES IT HAPPEN THAT AN EDUCATED PERSON IS FOOLED WITH SUCH EASE AS YOU WOULD FOOL 'SCOOBY DOO'. Anyway there is always a choice of who or what to believe:MUSTAPHA, ROGERS or June 12 eastern exodus refugees}   shocked shocked

Yorubas ve highest level of internal disharmony, we all know how they kill themselves like chicken….who killed Bola Ige, Funshio Williams nko {killed by or for PDPshocked shocked

and why did former governor  pull down Awo’s statue and replaced it with unknown soldier {who knows. Maybe out of a the 'republican' in politics. Who knows for sure}I pity ur uninformed life {so pray tell if you are 'informed'}tongue

Moral values you got none guy…, Yorubas practice Inbreeding more than any region, papa sleep with daughter and daughter in-law Obasanjo and Gbenga’s case is still fresh {SO SWEET AND FRESH IS THE SADISTIC ABSU GANG RAPE AND THE PERPECTUAL BABY FACTORY WITH IBO TEENAGERS AS RAW MATERIALS! Ekwe Nne! } shocked shocked shocked

Stop yarning dust  tongue tongue tongue

isi ekwe cheesy

Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by quest55(m): 1:01am On Feb 25, 2012
Remember that Briggs is not totaly ND. Ask Rochas Okorocha
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by dayokanu(m): 1:52am On Feb 25, 2012
Yeah and he was forced to flee to Abidjan
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by cfours: 2:20am On Feb 25, 2012
I bet the speech writer was igbo.
Tinubu was probably reading the script and thinking 'ok. what the hell'  grin
I would love to see the video and the expressions in his face.

anyway, the whole ceremony is to appease our igbo brethrens. maybe they can go and sit down for corner after this burial. I'm sick and tired of all these biafra topics and flag waving about nairaland.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by EkoIle1: 3:38am On Feb 25, 2012
Actually, I think Asiwaju was gassing these ibo folks. See as den sidon like mumu. I bet the only thing they were thinking about was isi ewu, apku and pami back in their villages,  they care less about ojuku,

See as Lagos state put the whole event together in little or not time just to help these incompetent AGIPA clowns.

Even committee den set up to organize funeral for ojuku na wahala and incompetency, na so so cona cona, backstabbing and scheming to pocket money,

Anyway, I'm happy Fashola and Asiwaju showed you how to do things and how to show respect to your village heroes, take that back to your villages as lesson learned.

Suxxs to be AGIPA for real

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by ekwynwa: 6:37am On Feb 25, 2012
These Yoruba clowns re still doing their dance of shame here shocked[tr][/tr]. Pathetic hungry baboons tongue
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by otondo55: 7:08am On Feb 25, 2012
Rest In Perfect Peace, The Great One!

Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 25, 2012
@bluetooth,dayokanu,juju& odas that leech on igbo matters to survive,nomata wot u say abt ojukwu,hs heroics will olways stand 4ever, i wish pple will praise me lyk dis wen am gone evn if its not 4rm their hearts, u guys will probably not receive 1 praise like dis hero did wen Y'all r dead&gone.no matter d hate,at least show some respect, R.I.P IKEMBA, i missed ya so much
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by quest55(m): 11:56am On Feb 25, 2012
I neva tot of the Ken S. Wiwa angle. South-South are not ganna like that. . .
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by T8ksy(m): 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2012
If I call you a ninny it should be an insult to dumbasses.   As usual, you have spoken like a person who had no rudimentary education about Nigeria before it was partitioned into states. For umpteenth time, mid-western region was part of Nigeria not Republic of Dahomey in 1967.

Dede, can you  make your point without being downright coarse and obnoxious.

Remember, you do not have a monopoly on invectives- two can play that game but i let you off for now.

Anyway, back at the ranch i thought Ojukwu's grouse and by extension the ibos was the pogrom unleashed

on them by the northerners. At the beginning of all these wahala when all the actors were grandstanding,

Awo definately categorised the neutrality of the yorubas and Ejoor even went as far as to get assurance

from Ojukwu that his region will not be turned into a battle front between the ibos and the hausa/fulanis.

Ojukwu also told Awo at their enugu meeting that the only way he would dialogue with the north is on the

battlefield however when the war started, instead of him to head north, he chosed to invaded his

neighbours and annexed their land. Yet you and your ilk wondered why the yorubas fought back at Ore.

You even instigated another propaganda against us that we betrayed you 'cause we didn't fold our

hands and watch as ibos turn our ancestral land into a warfront between them and the north. Maybe, you

expected us to join you ibos in destroying our region in your fight with the north.

Gosh! You guys are just so damn clever!
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by quest55(m): 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2012
T8ksy link=topic=
[color=#000099:

Dede, can you  make your point without being downright coarse and obnoxious.
Remember, you do not have a monopoly on invectives- two can play that game but i let you off for now.
Anyway, back at the ranch i thought Ojukwu's grouse and by extension the ibos was the pogrom unleashed on them by the northerners. At the beginning of all these wahala when all the actors were grandstanding,
Awo definately categorised the neutrality of the yorubas and Ejoor even went as far as to get assurance from Ojukwu that his region will not be turned into a battle front between the ibos and the hausa/fulanis. Ojukwu also told Awo at their enugu meeting that the only way he would dialogue with the north is on the
battlefield however when the war started, instead of him to head north, he chosed to invaded his
neighbours and annexed their land. Yet you and your ilk wondered why the yorubas fought back at Ore.
You even instigated another propaganda against us that we betrayed you 'cause we didn't fold our hands and watch as ibos turn our ancestral land into a warfront between them and the north. Maybe, you
expected us to join you ibos in destroying our region in your fight with the north.
[/color]

Can all this be factual?
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Dainfamous: 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2012
lalaosky:

@bluetooth,dayokanu,juju& odas that leech on igbo matters to survive,nomata wot u say abt ojukwu,hs heroics will olways stand 4ever, i wish pple will praise me lyk dis wen am gone evn if its not 4rm their hearts, u guys will probably not receive 1 praise like dis hero did wen Y'all r dead&gone.no matter d hate,at least show some respect, R.I.P IKEMBA, i missed ya so much
no doubt
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by T8ksy(m): 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2012
quest55:

Can all this be factual?

You don't have to take my word for it. Do your own research.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Willywilly9: 5:01pm On Feb 25, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Yoruba people are always on cheap crack
pathetic people.
Ondo is the highest producers of Ganja marijuana, reason why too many Yorubas are Crack head
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by igbaodun: 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2012
Willy+willy:

Ondo is the highest producers of Ganja marijuana, reason why too many Yorubas are Crack head

Alaigbo has the highest number of sex offenders in Nigeria, reason why most Ibos are pe/do/ph/iles.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by ekwynwa: 6:27pm On Feb 25, 2012
quest55:

Remember that Briggs is not totaly ND. Ask Rochas Okorocha

Yapping dung as usual, bros go some borrow brain tongue

Which one is ask Okorocha again, you keep getting lamer by the minute shocked shocked

dayokanu:

Yeah and he was forced to flee to Abidjan

blab blab blab shocked
You are so daft and you are getting sillier by the day shocked
abeg shift, if e pain u say TINUBU Asiwaju eulogized OJUKWU go and take two shots of otapiapia and relieve yourself tongue tongue tongue

c.fours:

I bet the speech writer was igbo.
Tinubu was probably reading the script and thinking 'ok. what the hell'  grin
I would love to see the video and the expressions in his face.

anyway, the whole ceremony is to appease our igbo brethrens. maybe they can go and sit down for corner after this burial. I'm sick and tired of all these biafra topics and flag waving about nairaland.

Olodo, tongue
make e dey pain una wela wela tongue tongue
OJUKWU is a HERO cool

Eko Ile:

Actually, I think Asiwaju was gassing these ibo folks. See as den sidon like mumu. I bet the only thing they were thinking about was isi ewu, apku and pami back in their villages,  they care less about ojuku,

See as Lagos state put the whole event together in little or not time just to help these incompetent AGIPA clowns.

Even committee den set up to organize funeral for ojuku na wahala and incompetency, na so so cona cona, backstabbing and scheming to pocket money,

Anyway, I'm happy Fashola and Asiwaju showed you how to do things and how to show respect to your village heroes, take that back to your villages as lesson learned.

Suxxs to be AGIPA for real

This low life Lagos government house photographer should shove his shallow nonsense opinion up his dirty self embarassed

Asiwaju stated his conviction loud and clear above all publicly …he paid tribute to a great man .Lagos stood still for OJUKWU and its is hurting you so badly deal with it tongue

Ojukwu is a man the nation, can not ignore. cool.From North (Niger state) to South west (Lagos) to south south (Port Harcourt) Ojukwu is being eulogized and honoured by leaders. tongue tongue tongue

Lagos STOOD STILL for Ojukwu, while you sit behind you dirty laptop crying a river, gnashing your teeth and wishing it never happened.

Ojukwu is to celebrated to be ignored tongue I know that it is too much for your bitter brain to comprehend
tongue
btw Fashola and Aswaju are not nincompoops like your bitter low life miserable self. tongue
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by ekwynwa: 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2012
quest55:

I neva tot of the Ken S. Wiwa angle. South-South are not ganna like that. . .

Lame duck angry

Willy+willy:

Fixed grin grin grin grin

igbaodun:

Alaigbo has the highest number of sex offenders in Nigeria, reason why most Ibos are pe/do/ph/iles.

Ezi ofia tongue tongue
go and do some research on the Okoyas , Obasanjos and many other yoruba families shocked shocked shocked shocked

then we can take it from there cool
Isi ekwe wink wink
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by quest55(m): 7:04pm On Feb 25, 2012
Ojukwu was neva pardoned by biafrans until after his death! WHY?!!!
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Dede1(m): 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2012
T8ksy:

Dede, can you make your point without being downright coarse and obnoxious.

Anyway, back at the ranch i thought Ojukwu's grouse and by extension the ibos was the pogrom unleashed

on them by the northerners. At the beginning of all these wahala when all the actors were grandstanding,

Awo definately categorised the neutrality of the yorubas and Ejoor even went as far as to get assurance

from Ojukwu that his region will not be turned into a battle front between the ibos and the hausa/fulanis.

Ojukwu also told Awo at their enugu meeting that the only way he would dialogue with the north is on the

You even instigated another propaganda against us that we betrayed you 'cause we didn't fold our

hands and watch as ibos turn our ancestral land into a warfront between them and the north. Maybe, you

I really do not understand what you are talking about with reference to Awolowo, neutrality, Yoruba, Ejoor and assurance. People, due to unavoidable weight of tribalism, tend to forget the time frame of the events, constituted authority and manner of protocol as it happened in Nigeria during 60s.

Sometimes, the things people post on this forum appear childish and lacked substance. Awolowo was nobody in scheme of things during the era in discuss. He was not a federal minister, regional governor, regional minister nor permanent secretary. He was ex-convict just released from prison by Ojukwu.

Ejoor was the military governor of mid-western region who had publicly expressed his support for Gowon and attended Aburi, Ghana conference as a member of the team representing federal government of Nigeria under Gowon.

Adebayo, like Ejoor, was the military governor of western region and publicly supported Gowon and attended Aburi, Ghana conference as a delegate representing Nigeria. Johnson, administrator of Lagos and Katsina, governor of northern region, indicated support for Nigeria under Gowon. Only Ojukwu and eastern region opposed Gowon and Nigeria.

How could a sane person talk about neutrality when the governor and the region are seen publicly supporting one side of conflict and even procuring arms and ammunition too?

I guess universal and standard meaning of certain words do not apply to Nigerians.

Cowered yes, but betrayal has never been used by me to condition what happened during the periods from 1966 to 1970. Yoruba and certain ethnic groups in southern Nigeria made the decision to join northern region of Nigeria to prosecute a war against Biafra. It is now a history we shall live and die with it.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by quest55(m): 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Lame duck angry
Fixed grin grin grin grin
Ezi ofia tongue tongue
go and do some research on the Okoyas , Obasanjos and many other yoruba families shocked shocked shocked shocked
then we can take it from there cool
Isi ekwe wink wink
. Ooooohhh slow brain.
Research starts from ABSU gang rape victim and the numerous teenage raw materials used 4 making babies in d east!

From Okorocha's formula women who are married to non-indigine have no portion in the new scholarship regime, can people like Briggs trust the IBOS?!

Is it the Obasanjo that was encouraged by an Ibo governor's mother or a different one?!!
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by quest55(m): 7:37pm On Feb 25, 2012
Dede1:

I really do not understand what you are talking about with reference to Awolowo, neutrality, Yoruba, Ejoor and assurance. People, due to unavoidable weight of tribalism, tend to forget the time frame of the events, constituted authority and manner of protocol as it happened in Nigeria during 60s.

Sometimes, the things people post on this forum appear childish and lacked substance. Awolowo was nobody in scheme of things during the era in discuss. He was not a federal minister, regional governor, regional minister nor permanent secretary. He was ex-convict just released from prison by Ojukwu.

Ejoor was the military governor of mid-western region who had publicly expressed his support for Gowon and attended Aburi, Ghana conference as a member of the team representing federal government of Nigeria under Gowon.

Adebayo, like Ejoor, was the military governor of western region and publicly supported Gowon and attended Aburi, Ghana conference as a delegate representing Nigeria. Johnson, administrator of Lagos and Katsina, governor of northern region, indicated support for Nigeria under Gowon. Only Ojukwu and eastern region opposed Gowon and Nigeria.

How could a sane person talk about neutrality when the governor and the region are seen publicly supporting one side of conflict and even procuring arms and ammunition too?

I guess universal and standard meaning of certain words do not apply to Nigerians.

Cowered yes, but betrayal has never been used by me to condition what happened during the periods from 1966 to 1970. Yoruba and certain ethnic groups in southern Nigeria made the decision to join northern region of Nigeria to prosecute a war against Biafra. It is now a history we shall live and die with it.
Typical Ibo logic train. Faulty as eva. A quick consultation will have told that in 1965 Awolowo was a god in Nigeria. But an arrogant culture always place his own logic before others as superior. Only a few Ibo leaders are applying this lessons taught by Ojukwu's foolish paradise!
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by ekwynwa: 9:20pm On Feb 25, 2012
quest55:

. Ooooohhh slow brain.
Research starts from ABSU gang violation victim and the numerous teenage raw materials used 4 making babies in d east!

From Okorocha's formula women who are married to non-indigine have no portion in the new scholarship regime, can people like Briggs trust the IBOS?!

Is it the Obasanjo that was encouraged by an Ibo governor's mother or a different one?!!

anuofia you are lamer than a lame duck tongue tongue tongue tongue

you get sillier by each post SE/SS are having strong alliance deal with and stop bitching around tongue
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by 2ruink(m): 9:25pm On Feb 25, 2012
how come all these Yoruba bigots are now beginning to realize the truth when Eze Igbo has gone? were they not the same people that fought against us? do not give them a dint of trust because they can praise u here and turn to stab u from behind.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by quest55(m): 6:11am On Feb 26, 2012
ekwy nwa:

anuofia you are lamer than a lame duck tongue tongue tongue tongue
you get sillier by each post SE/SS are having strong alliance deal with and stop bitching around tongue

All brawns but no brains: you expect Ojukwu Vs Saro Wiwa alliance? Silly, silly, silly, silly, silly!!! Are yu stupeid? What we all see is OBJ Vs SouthSouth alliance. Open your eyes. At best we can believe d possibility of an apga vs acn alliance.wake up, stop bed wetting. The Ibos{Isi ekwu} are not a boss to the niger deltans, rather the real ND leaders, the boy-loafs, the tompolos, the AD's etc are ready to creek ya sorry #ss/e/s.
Stop this myopic view that others will always drop their own agenda to support your own "Ibo Agenda".  .  . Damboroba
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by Dede1(m): 6:44am On Feb 26, 2012
quest55:

Typical Ibo logic train. Faulty as eva. A quick consultation will have told that in 1965 Awolowo was a god in Nigeria. But an arrogant culture always place his own logic before others as superior. Only a few Ibo leaders are applying this lessons taught by Ojukwu's foolish paradise!

You have every right to flaunt your ignorance in public but leverage to insult entire group of people due to your dimwittedness. It is only in your moronic world a prisoner is regarded god. In 1965, Awolowo was a prisoner in Nigerian Prisons in Calabar where he nearly wore his knee cap out while praying to “Oluwa” for a bowl of cooked black-eyed beans.
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by quest55(m): 7:39am On Feb 26, 2012
Dede1:

You have every right to flaunt your ignorance in public but leverage to insult entire group of people due to your dimwittedness. It is only in your moronic world a prisoner is regarded god. In 1965, Awolowo was a prisoner in Nigerian Prisons in Calabar where he nearly wore his knee cap out while praying to “Oluwa” for a bowl of cooked black-eyed beans.
Oh what a pity! Isi'kwe. Listen to yasef "{In bible times(1965,) Awolowo (Joseph) was a prisoner in Nigerian Prisons (EGYPTIAN PRISON) in Calabar (EGYPT) where he nearly wore his knee cap out while praying to “Oluwa” for a bowl of cooked black-eyed beans.}
Awo-moronic world prisoner with a one-touch solution that knee capped Ojukwu's Biafra.
OBJ-moronic world prisoner that ruled friends and foes (whether biafra, nigeria, nd, ndigbo, opc,arewa, maradonnas, afenifere) for years, making popular Dora, Okonjo, Ubas etc.
Stop reading "biafra by biafra" history. Ya free to be ignorant but STOP TRADING IT. ARE YU stupeid? fooool. Barau Bansa. Anumaanu
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by dayokanu(m): 7:42am On Feb 26, 2012
Mandela was a prisoner for 27yrs
Re: Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu by T8ksy(m): 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2012
Dede1:

Dede, you are such an incorrigible liar. So Awo was a nonentity during these time but yet you ibos blamed him for the genocide during the war. Only a juvenile revisionist like you will dare refer to Awo as a nonentity in nigeria political arena at the time in questioon.

As per your betrayal statement, i wouldn't bother to ask you for proof of any agreement between Ojukwu

and yorubas which the latter reneged on. I know you only deal in fallacious tales and propaganda.

If it is claimed that an attack on the East is going to be
launched by the Federal Government and not by the North as such and that
it is designed to ensure the unity and integrity of the Federation, two
other insuperable points also become obvious. First, if a war against the
East becomes a necessity it must be agreed to unanimously by the remaining
units of the Federation. In this connection, the West, Mid- West and Lagos
have declared their implacable opposition to the use of force in solving
the present problem.
In the face of such declarations by three out of
remaining four territories of Nigeria, a war against the East could only
be a war favoured by the North alone. Second, if the true purpose of such
a war is to preserve the unity and integrity of the Federation, then these
ends can be achieved by the very simple devices of implementing the
recommendation of the committee which met on August 9 1966, as reaffirmed
by a decision of the military leaders at Aburi on January 5 1967
as well
as by accepting such of the demands of the East, West, Mid-West and Lagos
as are manifestly reasonable, and essential for assuring harmonious
relationships and peaceful co-existence between them and their brothers
and sisters in the North.

source:Chief Awolowo's Speech to Western leaders of thought
IN IBADAN , MAY 1 1967   (Culled from Daily Times, 2 May 1967) and quoted in "Crisis and Conflict in Nigeria (Volume 1), January 1966-July 1971" by A.H. M. Kirk-Greene)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. / Adamawa Election: PDP Screened Out Acting Governor / Boko Haram Steals 200 Cows, 300 Sheep And Goats In Borno — NEMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.