Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4435134 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2015
Damolux01:
Hello guys, since my interest is going to be paid upfront, then is there any other risk accrued as some talked about election and economic stability...will one lose ones money? I wannnaa do 15% too ooo.

Well with the little info i have i dont think anyone has ever lost money on TBills , even during past years [ political instability] in the past
But you can find out more oo, any step taken is at ur own RISK
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 12:39am On Jan 03, 2015
lancee:

Based on the last rate
alright thanks...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pluslargent(m): 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
bless you! remember that's how I had to go..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pluslargent(m): 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
in my personal opinion I don't think there is any risk whatsoever, election come and go bet me your money will still work for you through whatever it brings. That said, any one in the house did 365 days tenure with UBA recently?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
Pluslargent:
in my personal opinion I don't think there is any risk whatsoever, election come and go bet me your money will still work for you through whatever it brings. That said, any one in the house did 365 days tenure with UBA recently?
....Good one!

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
The road to success isn't decorated with
roses...it takes a strong mind to achieve greatness.....I ll take this shot, election or no election... # I so much believe, we aren't Gona be consumed in this warfront......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 11:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
Sylverly:
The road to success isn't decorated with
roses...it takes a strong mind to achieve greatness.....I ll take this shot, election or no election... # I so much believe, we aren't Gona be consumed in this warfront......

Right mindset!
I'm soo with you in this...
~~if you don't take risk,you don't win ~~
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by justfree1(m): 6:55am On Jan 04, 2015
It's very simple; either you design your 2015 yourself or you subconsciously fall into another person's designs. Guess what they've planned for you? NOT MUCH.
More heart attack takes place on Monday morning between 8:00am and 10:00am. According to recent studies, 85% of the general public are going to jobs that they hate. They are working on jobs that do not challenge them. They get sick thinking about going. People are literally dying going to work.
I am working on a side project that doesn't affect your current job/work. I won't promise you much but you should be making an extra $1000 to $2000 working on this side project this month, without it affecting your current job/work. I only need 8 goal getters to partner with me. If you are interested or need more information send me a message
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by slord01: 12:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
hello people.....pls wats a wise rate for this Wednesday's bid??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Koolmak(m): 1:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
Please,Which bank accepts 100k?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
Koolmak:

Most banks...
i use First Bank ,and i am sure they take a minimum of 100k.
Happy investing . cool

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
Koolmak:
first bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
princeuk21:
first bank
diamond back also accept 100k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XuteSleeks(m): 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
Pls Obiak,I'm a newbie. Any idea how much interest #500,000 placed on a 91 day T bill will yield? Thanks.

obiak4:

diamond back also accept 100k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
XuteSleeks:
Pls Obiak,I'm a newbie. Any idea how much interest #500,000 placed on a 91 day T bill will yield? Thanks.

bro I can do the mathematics for you but I will rather give u fish than than fish for you go over the thread from page 35-53 u will get all d info u will ever need thank me later bro Cheer's

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
tolutweety:

Most banks...
i use First Bank ,and i am sure they take a minimum of 100k.
Happy investing . cool

Pls sir how do you get across to First bank , i am used to Gtb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by napa: 11:03am On Jan 05, 2015
Hi peeps, I need a suggestion on the best rate to invest in treasury bills for this Wednesday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
So I took the bold step today and placed a bid of 15.5% for 364 days.
I hope this pans out.
Happy investing y'all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ojix85:
So I took the bold step today and placed a bid of 15.5% for 364 days.
I hope this pans out.
Happy investing y'all.
have you processed yours already..? And how possible bro..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 8:53am On Jan 06, 2015
Sylverly:
have you processed yours already..? And how possible bro..

I simply wrote a letter to my bank, requesting for TBills Investment. Next bid date is tomorrow.
smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by boloksbong: 9:28am On Jan 06, 2015
Damolaskynov:
grin grin ;DHappy New Year everyone in the house!! For the sake of those who are still a bit perplexed about how the calculations for Treasury bills are done and who like me some months ago couldn't locate the initial pages of this thread where it was clearly stated by feelaamong and others, this simple equation should be of much help

Discount Yield (%) = Face Value – Purchase price X 360______ X 100(%)
Face Value Days Till Maturity

I only hope this helps...You always have to remember that the Tbills are of 91,182 and 364 days tenor. Face value is the amount you intend to invest,purchase price is the amount actually deducted by CBN leaving behind your interest and the discount yield is the approved bid rate range for whatever tenor you put in for. It is not as complex as it sounds,sincerely
I use GTBank for my TB purchases,and the minimum I know is N500,000 unless they changed it yesterday... For someone who said N5 million as minimum for GTB,your investment officer apparently wants to discourage you from TB purchase...even Zenith bank I know says N1 million as minimum for TB purchase.
I wish you all a profitable year ahead...

Do you know what the present minimun is for FCMB? and after the 7th which is tomorrow, when is the next bid date?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mpeace(m): 10:30am On Jan 06, 2015
please are these rates good? 170days at 13% and 70days at 10.5%. I cannot bid tomorrow because my previous investment matures on Friday. so should I go with the above rates on Friday r just wait until the next auction in two weeks?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 10:57am On Jan 06, 2015
lancee:

Pls sir how do you get across to First bank , i am used to Gtb

I am sorry i am just replying this.
I have a banker in FBN and he is only a phone call away. I only need to call to tell him what to do .

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 11:40am On Jan 06, 2015
Ojix85:

I simply wrote a letter to my bank, requesting for TBills Investment. Next bid date is tomorrow.
smiley
alright..just getting ready to storm Zenith tomorrow smiley . I have 15% in mind for 364.. Is it advisible to add some fractions..though I don't want to be cut off..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
tolutweety:

I am sorry i am just replying this.
I have a banker in FBN and he is only a phone call away. I only need to call to tell him what to do .

Thanks sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 9:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
Mpeace:
please are these rates good? 170days at 13% and 70days at 10.5%. I cannot bid tomorrow because my previous investment matures on Friday. so should I go with the above rates on Friday r just wait until the next auction in two weeks?
guess they are given you from some of their holdings why not relax and wait till Friday to get a clue of what the stop rate would be since it matures on Friday.
and I think the rate for 90days would be up to 12-13% reason been that foreigners are sceptical about February election so only local players and would want a reasonable rate.
my 10000 cowries contribution disclaimer my opinions
happy investing.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2015
Sylverly:
alright..just getting ready to storm Zenith tomorrow smiley . I have 15% in mind for 364.. Is it advisible to add some fractions..though I don't want to be cut off..

Well, 15.5% seems fair (my opinion), considering last stop rate for 364 days was 15.99%.

Good luck.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunai(m): 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
I am sensing 17% for 364 days as the outcome tomorrow. Wait lemme call this my account officer to book me for tomorrow grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
tunai:
I am sensing 17% for 364 days as the outcome tomorrow. Wait lemme call this my account officer to book me for tomorrow grin
suicide mission.....lol. grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ojix85:

Well, 15.5% seems fair (my opinion), considering last stop rate for 364 days was 15.99%.

Good luck.
alright thanks, might consider that
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 2:42am On Jan 07, 2015
undecided doomsday is for sure nearing. People talking about 17% interest and laughing about it.

Hell folks, Ghana pays 23%; you might run there and put your money in and see what becomes of it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 9:21am On Jan 07, 2015
coderXO:
undecided doomsday is for sure nearing. People talking about 17% interest and laughing about it.

Hell folks, Ghana pays 23%; you might run there and put your money in and see what becomes of it.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Chief, take it easy o jare.......

To be candid, anything above 16% is an indication of a seriously deteriorating economy. God dey!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: carbon1224(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.