Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! (14193 Views)

I’m The Only Legal Wife Of Ojukwu, Bianca Tells Court / Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) / Did Buhari Trully Save Ojukwu During The Civil War? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by LogicMind: 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
The biggest mistake Ojukwu made was trusting an Yoruba to lead the invasion to Lagos.
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by EzeUche(m): 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2012
I wish Igbos would learn to ignore threads like this. Is it that hard or do you enjoy such nonsense?

Shame on any Igbo posting in this thread. You make our people look like fools by posting on such nonsense.
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by ACM10: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2012
Dede1:

@POST

How many of these moronic imbe.ciles that tend to open their putrid mouth irresponsibly in castigation of Ojukwu have ever being to a parade ground?

It's from that recently weaned kid from the other thread. Remember him, aribasalaolodo
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Nnannanzewi(m): 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2012
Ikemba,Ezeigbo gburugburu,Dikedioramma,Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu.u are our hero,a legend,and icon and greatest black man that ever lived.you even have more fellowership in death.let them keep criticising u,cos they did the same to Jesus.jee nkeoma Dim!
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Ojiofor: 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2012
Ojukwu was not a great soldier,so who was?is it illitrate Gowon,Obasanjo,danjuma,Muhtala mohammed and Adekunle who were great soldiers because Britain and USSR supplied them more guns and bullets than they ever needed which they used against civilian population.

If Ikemba had equal supply of weapons like the feds have the result will be obvious.

Meanwhile the fedral government of Nigeria and Nigerians in general is giving him a warrior burial that none of the above listed names will ever receive when they are gone!

HATERS QUIT TRYING COS WHOM GOD HAVE BLESSED NO ONE CAN CURSE! IKEMBA EZE IGBO GBURUGBURU WAS BORN GREAT AND DIED EVEN GREATER, R.I.P OCHI AGHA NDIGBO!
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by noiseless: 8:21pm On Feb 28, 2012
And the three yahooroba KING DINOSAURS how did their smartness help them KING DINOSAUR ONAKAKANFO,KING DINOSAUR OTAPIAPIA ADDICT and KING DINOSAUR de CRYING GENERAL,anyone got a clue?
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Yeske2(m): 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
@OP, go hug a transformer for all i care and for all the busy bodies, don't start what you can't finish. Nuff said.
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Lasinoh: 9:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
That pair of shoes on that 'golden casket' must be size 7.
So Ojukwu had pediatric size 'amu' huh? grin
Bianca must have been suffering in silence to wake "Mazi Lazarus" up every night o!
Kei!!!! cry
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Dede1(m): 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2012
Lasinoh:

That pair of shoes on that 'golden casket' must be size 7.
So Ojukwu had pediatric size 'amu' huh? grin
Bianca must have been suffering in silence to wake "Mazi Lazarus" up every night o!
Kei!!!! cry

You are very funny indeed. The shoes you saw on the on the golden casket may be military ones but not worn by Ojukwu and might have been provided by Nigerian army. When Ojukwu was in Nigerian army, the officers wore brown shoes. So I think you have always been misinformed. Talking about the size of the shoe, how wide is your mouth? I guess you know where this question leads.  grin grin grin
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Lasinoh: 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2012
Dede1:

You are very funny indeed. The shoe you saw on the on the golden casket may be military one but not worn by when Ojukwu and might have been provided by Nigerian army. When Ojukuw was in Nigerian army, the officers wore brown shoes. So I think you have always been misinformed. Talking about the size of the shoe, how wide is your mouth? I guess you know where this question leads. grin grin grin

My mouth is very wide o! Size 16DD to be exact. wink
Quiet jor. Those are Ojukwu's shoes.
Stop making excuses.
The reason Bianca vowed not to let her daughter marry an old man. grin
She was only 16 when Ojukwu dreamt of disvirgined her and so she thought he had a big 'tin'. . .till she started moving around.
It was too late then. . .(her seat belt had long been broken and Ojukwu gained easy access into her 'vehicle' btw)as she continued to live in bondage.
What a sigh of relief. She looks very free in those pictures. cheesy Poor woman. cheesy
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by dayokanu(m): 10:57pm On Feb 28, 2012
OP,

I heard he wanted to charge the Red cross for bringing supplies into Biafra

Thats priotising the war over the welfare/health of dying millions
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Ngodigha1(m): 11:04pm On Feb 28, 2012
Even Oyibo dey pay their last respect to the great one.

Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Dede1(m): 11:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
Lasinoh:

My mouth is very wide o! Size 16DD to be exact. wink
Quiet jor. Those are Ojukwu's shoes.
Stop making excuses.
The reason Bianca vowed not to let her daughter marry an old man. grin
She was only 16 when Ojukwu dreamt of disvirgined her and so she thought he had a big 'tin'. . .till she started moving around.
It was too late then. . .(her seat belt had long been broken and Ojukwu gained easy access into her 'vehicle' btw)as she continued to live in bondage.
What a sigh of relief. She looks very free in those pictures. cheesy Poor woman. cheesy

Wow!!!!!!!!!! What size you wrote? You are indeed carrying an expressway. grin grin grin
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Dede1(m): 11:12pm On Feb 28, 2012
dayokanu:

OP,

I heard he wanted to charge the Red cross for bringing supplies into Biafra

Thats priotising the war over the welfare/health of dying millions

Dayolodo.

Shut up your putrid mouth, olodo. Please confine your dirty self to the issues within the pedigree of low class intellect.
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Lasinoh: 11:16pm On Feb 28, 2012
Dede1:

Wow!!!!!!!!!! What size you wrote? You are indeed carrying an expressway. grin grin grin

Damn right. I don't do Ojukwu "pedi" midgets! cool

[flash=700,700]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KSiyaqnZYs[/flash]

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Bianca try gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!

Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Dede1(m): 11:30pm On Feb 28, 2012
Lasinoh:

Damn right. I don't do Ojukwu "pedi" midgets! cool

[flash=700,700]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KSiyaqnZYs[/flash]

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Bianca try gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!

If that is the case, it is a significant hole on earth. Ojukwu must be a fo.ol to even look your way. He was not a dummy by any stretch of the imagination. Trust me; the dude was exquisitely selective about his damsels. I have seen couple of them. smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Lasinoh: 11:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
Dede1:

If that is the case, it is a significant hole on earth. Ojukwu must be a fo.ol to even look your way. He was not a dummy by any stretch of the imagination. Trust me; the dude was exquisitely selective about his damsels. I have seen couple of them. smiley smiley smiley

Thank God!
At least he would not look anymore.
All the 'damsels' have started phocking other men. wink
As in gooooood riddance to old blokos!

Mu he he he he he he

Sorry darling. . .some of us have jobs.
Later! kiss

Ikemba. . . good riddance o! Say hello to my darling handsome Nzeogwu! grin
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by seanet02: 7:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
Ojukwu is nothing but a he-goat
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by T9ksy(m): 10:42pm On Mar 31, 2013
seanet02: Ojukwu is nothing but a he-goat

Haba! That's not fair.....................on he-goats!
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by seanet01: 11:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by seanet01: 4:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
Ngodigha1:
You have started your tribalism again. Must you comment on every thread about Ojukwu. Do you not have a life outside Ojukwu, East or Biafra.
Quit tribalism, you can not win.
You can't win either.
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by gozi542: 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
[b][/b] shut up!! Ojukwu didn't surrender.... I have figure out the truth and the conspiracy beyond the war..
Ojukwu was hero indeed because moslem and Christians cannot be able to unite as a nation!! Even gadaff of Libya have said " there will not be peace in Nigeria if there is no segregation of Nigeria into two biafra and Nigeria as different nations..

During the time of the war, Nigeria went and close down all borders so they will be a restriction of importation of materials like foods, guns etc... Biafra was standing solitarily and despite they were using just a common tools to flight the Nigeria soldiers etc. Cutlass, stick etc...

Ojukwu sat and put this into consideration and that's where he got a link on how he can be able to import guns for his soldiers.
That's where he embark on the journey to abijen and he hand power to his vice.... He was there organising materials when he had that his vice have surrendered saying that he can see children dying over starvation.... So ojukwu got angry and refuse to return home for a while....
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Alphaoscar: 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
LogicMind:
The biggest mistake Ojukwu made was trusting an Yoruba to lead the invasion to Lagos.

His greatest mistake is actually the moment he decided to invade Yorubaland. what is his business in invading Lagos in the first place? To annex another tribes land the same way his people are currently trying to annex the SS?

Una never see anything.
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Alphaoscar: 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
gozi542:
[b][/b] shut up!! Ojukwu didn't surrender.... I have figure out the truth and the conspiracy beyond the war..
Ojukwu was hero indeed because moslem and Christians cannot be able to unite as a nation!! Even gadaff of Libya have said " there will not be peace in Nigeria if there is no segregation of Nigeria into two biafra and Nigeria as different nations..

During the time of the war, Nigeria went and close down all borders so they will be a restriction of importation of materials like foods, guns etc... Biafra was standing solitarily and despite they were using just a common tools to flight the Nigeria soldiers etc. Cutlass, stick etc...

Ojukwu sat and put this into consideration and that's where he got a link on how he can be able to import guns for his soldiers.
That's where he embark on the journey to abijen and he hand power to his vice.... He was there organising materials when he had that his vice have surrendered saying that he can see children dying over starvation.... So ojukwu got angry and refuse to return home for a while....

and you shamelessly believed this junk? must Ojuiku travel personally before he can negotiate buying of the weapons? or maybe he can't trust any of his Igbo kinsmen with the money meant for the weapons.
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by kingzizzy: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
EzeUche:
I wish Igbos would learn to ignore threads like this. Is it that hard or do you enjoy such nonsense?

Shame on any Igbo posting in this thread. You make our people look like fools by posting on such nonsense.

You are right about Igbo Igbos commenting on stupid thread like these. Someone opens a thread about things that happened 50 years ago because they have the benefit of hindsight but the same person doesn't know anything about the challenges of the time. The only reason I sometimes comment on threads like this if for the benefit of those who are open minded and really want to know what really happend back then and to correct any misconception

Thatdave:
Ojukwu is a great man,

But let us remember that he took so many bad decisions during the war:

1. He let them kill Nzogwu the Great! People rumoured that he was afraid Nzeogwu will challenge his authority after the war. Nzeogwu was the man who was determined to wipe Nigeria clean of all the crooked politicians and soldiers as Ghana later did. It was said that he let the soldiers withdraw too soon so that Nzeogwu got trapped at the war front with little troops.

2. He Refused to Quit the war after the first year on seeing that we cant win.

3. He dethroned his generals (because they tried to advise him) and made civilians his war generals! eg. Colonel Achuzia was never a soldier for one day!

4. When the war became so bitter and the Biafran weapons got finished

He would load hundreds of young men into trailers and arm them with clubs and matchettes and dump them at the war front telling them that 'hausas' are fools. 'Kill them all' . The nigerian war tank will just lower its 50s and open fire on 'unarmed' biafran soldiers in the war front!

5. He doesn't plan battles, he just fights with emotion. Everyone who tried to advise him got deposed and thrown into jail. A biafran high ranking officer once narrated in his book that he drove from Enugu to the war front at abakaliki only to discover that Biafran soldiers who were droped by Ojukwu and were facing the Nigerian superior military might punishment didnt even dig trenches. So he ordered them to start digging trenches right at the battle field! This he said prevented the Nigerian tanks from over running the Biafrans on the very first day of battle!

6. He should have more intelligently accepted a truce a year or two before the end of the war when men like Zik, Akanu Ibiam etc advised him it was impossible to win the war.

7. When men finished, he started 'arming' children and using them as his soldiers for battle!

8. Biafran medics never had stretchers from day one, they were called porters because they were often made up of four men who would carry the wounded on their head and run to the rear of the battle field. This was to get worse in the third year of the war as Biafran soldiers left their wounded and fled battle fields!

9. He didnt plan the preparation of the war! He just started fighting with the available resources. He should have got big countries like America and Britain to support Biafra(atleast in exchange of some oil). Gowon for instance agreed with Cameroun not to let Biafrans get weapon supplies from the camerounian border in exchange for the Bakassi peninsula. This alone made the Biafran resistance very miserable.

But above all, he didnt cause the war. He fought for us all. He fought with his resources. He survived. He came back and contested for presidency! Built APGA and gave the Igbos another chance in Politics!

Adieu Ikemba!

. . . more herre http://dwitch.com/dwitches/view/115/the_un_for_givable.html

Few things you should know

1] Ojukwu never started any war, he may have declared Biafra but he did not starting shooting anyone. It was Gowon who declared war and came diwn to the east to fight.

2] Many people ask why Ojukwu declared Biafra if he was not military prepared. Well, Ojukwu had no choice. Ojukwu and Gowon signed an agreement with Gowon in Aburi Ghana to keep Nigeria one, Gowon broke the agreement and Ojukwu declared Biafra. No sentiments there. Anyone who wants blame Ojukwu for declaring Biafra should first blame Gowon for breaking the Aburi agreement.

3] People say Ojukwu did not plan well. This people make me laugh. Do they think that Ojukwu had all the time in the world for careful planning? If someone comes to up to you and slaps you, do first go to your house to 'plan' or do you defend your self immidiately?

4] My father was a Captain in the Biafra Army. He told me the reason why Biafra lost. Biafra did not lose because of any blunders by Ojukwu, no one is perfect, the reason why Biafra lost was because Ojukwu could not ship in Guns, arms and ammunition, food and other essential supplies as much as he wanted due the blockade enforced by British warships. Ojukwu did manage to fly in weapons but it could not be enough by air and it was far more expensive to bring in weapons this way. Had Britain stayed neutral and Ojukwu had the opportunity to bring in war fighting equipment the way he had wanted, Gowon would have kept fighting a fruitless war until Nigeria ran out of money and gave up. It was British Warships that won the war for Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by JustOzito(f): 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
Lasinoh:
He ran to Abijan to be phocking small-small girls and to smoke weed! cheesy
U ar a phool, if u quote me ur a bigger phool and if u ignore me ur stupid.

Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by maupe: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
Spoiler alert
Ojukwu's first mistake was that out of greed he covertly partnered with AWOLOWO and southwestern and Fulani officers and civilians in the assassination of Aguiyi Ironsi
His second mistake was partnering with people from diverse fields and backgrounds which led to their inability to have a common ground and make a unilateral decision( just like APC today). The inability of the various coup plotters to reach a common decision before executing their plan, led to a power vaccum after their plot. This mistake helped the Nigerian army and national government to get back on their horses and put forth a consensus candidate( Gowon).
His third mistake was failing to capture the west, especially the centre( Lagos) after reaching an agreement with Awolowo, southwest leaders and the American Democrat party.
His fourth and final mistake was going on with the war effort, even after being warned against it by the American Democrats, and after the Southwest pulled out of the Confederate - trojan coup.
APGA is APC, and also CPC. They are all creations of the American Democrats. Both Ojukwu, Murtala Mohammed and AWOLOWO were actually on the same side. Greed made them go against each other just like how Tinubu and Buhari- Okorocha agreement is falling apart. Ever wonder why both APC and APGA have the word " Progressive" in their acronym.
Re: The Unforgivable Blunders Of Ojukwu During The Biafran War! by Hseffa: 5:42pm On May 09, 2021
aljharem:
@ op and Dave 'davenick' Ozoalor
There are a lot more

--- His soilders ra.ped and killed Midwesterners

--- He invaded the western Nigeria trying to annexe what is not his
Folks from Erik zone were ridiculed, called Igbo slaves and terrible stuffs.
Major silver bullet was his envy of Kaduna Nzeogwu. Mainly he was fine soldier equally with his link to Sardauna.
Ojukwu depicted typical Igbo habits: domination, zero diplomatic sense and arrogance which God himself detests.

Moreover, change of Nigeria's currency to Maura, killed their mission. And many more. Awolowo was the realest chess player that knocked their table upside down.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Sign The Electoral Bill - MURIC, Muslim Group Warns Buhari / Buhari Group Calls For Removal Of Chris Akomas From RMAFC / Buba Marwa: Legalization Of Cannabis Will Take Nigeria To Dark Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.