Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector (5064 Views)

Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation / How Ghanaian, Kevin Okyere Made Billions In Nigerian's Petroleum Sector / Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by Boyoorisha: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2012
Malam Nuhu Ribadu, the Chairman, Petroleum Revenue Task Force, has pledged to ensure accountability and transparency in the petroleum sector in line with the mandate of the task force.

Ribadu made the pledge on Tuesday in Abuja after the inauguration of the 20- member special task force by the Minister of Petroluem Resources, Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke.

“We shall work diligently to meet the expectations of Nigerians; we seek to renew efforts by promoting values that support a new dawn of business conduct in the sector.

“ We shall ensure that those who play by the rules enjoy all the best support and the unscrupulous players get a red card.’’

The former EFCC boss decried the lack of transparency in the petroleum sector and appealed to Nigerians to support the task force in achieving its mandate.

Ribadu assured that the committee would perform and described the members as thorough breed professionals, ready to contribute to national development.

Earlier, Alison-Madueke had called for recommendations that would  bring reforms to the petroleum sector.

“Our journey to transformation is irreversible, our mission is to transform the petroleum industry and in doing so change the way business is currently done within this sector.

“Our purpose is to enhance the commercial and technical viability of the sector, inculcating full transparency and accountability and thereby ensuring value for money for the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.’’

She gave the task force 60 working days to complete the assignment and submit its report.

The terms of reference of the task force include working with consultants and experts to determine and verify all petroleum upstream and downstream revenues (taxes, royalties) due and payable to government.

The task force is also expected to submit monthly reports for ministerial review and further action.

The members of the task force included former Head of Service, Mr Steve Oronsanye; Malam Abba Kyari; Ms Benedicta Molokwu; Mr Supo Sasore; Mr Tony Idigbe; Mr Anthony George-Ikoli; Dr Omolara Akanji and Mr Olisa Agbakoba. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/ribadu-pledges-to-bring-accountability-to-petroleum-sector/
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by kokoA(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2012
Why do I keep geting this feeling that nothing positive will come out of all these comittees as long as that Madueke woman remains the minister? undecided
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by Boyoorisha: 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2012
You are not alone! Ribadu will be disgraced and his goodwill will be destroyed
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by babaowo: 8:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
This ppl are not ready to repent!!! I'm sorry for nigerians ooo!!!
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by Lasinoh: 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2012
Stop talking and let us see you work for a change. kiss
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by SamMilla1(m): 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
Kangaroo committee. Another avenue created by the top to squander public funds. How many more millions will be needed to sponsor these people, buy them cars and houses, flight tickets, hotel fares etc. All out of the same petroleum money they are going to safeguard. I wish aliens can just invade aso rock .
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by EkoIle1: 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2012
Mallam, it's time to lick your portion of the National Cake, abeg lick am well well. Yowah Allah na koi
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by sunkoye: 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2012
i see him resigning very soon and that might even be a damage control sef undecided
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by Odutodaiwa: 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2012
A fish is as healthy as the water in which it finds itself. Mr Ribadu, I salute your courage but U need to realize that the petroleum Ministry or department is not EFCC in which you had absolute control. What change can you bring to bear when Mr President and Madam Petroleum Minister are both not ready. You'll only be frustrated and in the end the criminals looting Nigeria dry will say "this country is complex beyond comprehension of the masses, they should be thanking us for keeping this country together. See ordinary committee Ribadu could not handle and he wanted to be the president of Nigeria".
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by buzor(m): 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2012
so finally d ribadu is now fully part of gej chop i chop government. thieves
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by buzor(m): 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2012
so finally d ribadu is now fully part of gej chop i chop government. thieves
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by Cmiller(m): 9:24pm On Feb 28, 2012
RI.BAD.U again, r u guys ready 2 loose ur filling stations?? Hmmmmm nobody shld cry n call me>>>>off 2 sleep
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by kassano22(m): 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2012
ribadu sef na wa 4 am, how could he of all people work under dat woman called alison. rubbish
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by HighChief4(m): 10:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
Eko Ile:

Mallam, it's time to lick your portion of the National Cake, abeg lick am well well. Yowah Allah na koi

With this your mentality, then I fear for the future of that country. Why am I not surprised, legacies of Tinubu
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by mekaboy(m): 11:21pm On Feb 28, 2012
PDP THE GREAT SECRET SOCIETY, YOU CANT WORK FOR THEM AND WORK AGAINST THEM, RIBADU HAS WORKED FOR THEM BEFORE, AND NOW HE IS BACK TO WORK FOR THEM AGAIN, RIBADU CANNOT WORK AGAINST THEM, THE ONLY THING IS THAT THEY WILL USE HIM AS USUAL TO FRUSTRATE THE ENEMIES OF PDP.

WHY DO WE KEEP RECYCLING ? OUT OF NIGERIA'S POPULATION, CANT WE FIND CREDIBLE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT BE CORRUPTED BY PDP ?
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by kizito96(m): 11:37pm On Feb 28, 2012
I hope Ribadu will deliver, he should be able to know when they want to make a mockery of him
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by AmeboAjela(f): 1:24am On Feb 29, 2012
Here is something I can guarantee you guys, RIBADU will resign if they don't allow him to do his job. It's not like he is looking for money or job anyway.Whenever Nigeria doesn't need his services anymore, the international society will grab him its that simple.
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by Nobody: 3:27am On Feb 29, 2012
Eat as much as Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ ç̣̲̣̣̣̲̣̣ạ̲̣̣̣̲̣̣̊ṇ̲̣̣̣̲̣̃ and gerrout. Do not promise ђã†̥ Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ can't do.
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by Nobody: 3:30am On Feb 29, 2012
Eat as much as Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ ç̣̲̣̣̣̲̣̣ạ̲̣̣̣̲̣̣̊ṇ̲̣̣̣̲̣̃ and gerrout. Do not promise ђã†̥ Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ can't do.
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by GboyegaD(m): 3:36am On Feb 29, 2012
AmeboAjela:

Here is something I can guarantee you guys, RIBADU will resign if they don't allow him to do his job. It's not like he is looking for money or job anyway.Whenever Nigeria doesn't need his services anymore, the international society will grab him its that simple.

Since you think he is handicapped from the word go, then why is he accepting the position Him resigning from the position if not allowed total freedom still tarnishes his reputation. He has chosen to soil his hands and so be it.
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by DTutu1: 4:00am On Feb 29, 2012
Nigerians are no longer interested in pledges. Let your work speak the oyibo for you. Ririi no mind any body make u shine ur eyes this time around.
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by koruji(m): 4:03am On Feb 29, 2012
Let's give Ribadu the benefit of the doubt on this, with the hope that he will get out rather than compromise himself when those leeches in government attempt to suck him in.

kizito96:

I hope Ribadu will deliver, he should be able to know when they want to make a mockery of him
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by doctokwus: 4:27am On Feb 29, 2012
Y did d man take Up d appointment in d first place,he must know d antecedents of those who employed him.Govt appointments are like a love portion to nigerians,no matter how little& demeaning dey just can't say no.Well we are about to undiscover Ribadu as we are undiscovering Sanusi
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by tayoTFC(m): 8:01am On Feb 29, 2012
Ribadu, u will never achieve anything working with currupt PDP, u will be kick out the way they throw u out from EFCC when u want to expose their leader, GBAM
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by 9jvirgin(m): 8:15am On Feb 29, 2012
Jobless Rat Ranting grin This guy doesnt know that reporting to Aliison Madukwue shows he does not have a job cheesy
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by andresia(m): 8:24am On Feb 29, 2012
Ribadu the noisemaker is back! Just shut the bleep up and work or chop! NAANSENSE! angry
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by shumno(f): 9:05am On Feb 29, 2012
Why do they have to recycle the same people over and over again when we have young, vibrant and intelligent people even here on nairaland, who seem to know everything!
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by konkolok: 9:13am On Feb 29, 2012
Chai, Ribadu fall my hand baaaaad! With all his international exposure and education , he fails to differentiate between an EFCC backed by law, reporting directly to the Presidency, and an Alison Madueke's Committee backed by her whims and caprice! A Leopard can never remove its spots Olopa na Olopa anyday
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by LEXYLOV: 10:30am On Feb 29, 2012
Why not give Ribadu that position Diezani Alison-Madueke held ? As far as am concern that's the only place he can hold and perform good job in that sector. Working under authority of Diezani Alison-Madueke will not make any changes trust me, because the two big ram cannot eat in the same pot at the same time without any dispute. Ribadu as we all know will not want to be submissive to her command on wrong direction and she will use her presidential connection to force Ribadu and there result come out will be fired or resign. Just as some of my fellow good analyst here as predicted. lipsrsealed
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by humblebee: 11:47am On Feb 29, 2012
poor boy!
as long as madueke remains on dat seat, i doubt if it'll worth the while
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by kokoA(m): 12:24pm On Feb 29, 2012
AmeboAjela:

Here is something I can guarantee you guys, RIBADU will resign if they don't allow him to do his job. It's not like he is looking for money or job anyway.Whenever Nigeria doesn't need his services anymore, the international society will grab him  its that simple.

grin grin grin. Stop over hyping the man joor. The guy needs this job morethan ibori needs freedom. Or you think the forieng bodies you talked about waste their money on salaries and allowances like what that Madueke woman will pay him? grin grin
Re: Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector by 1025: 12:50pm On Feb 29, 2012
the noise maker is back. this same ribadu that made all the noises in the world only for the less talking farida to jail bode george who used to be an untouchable to ribadu.
look at ribadu coming to fight the cabal whom our powerful president is afraid of.
what our president cannot do, ribadu will do - story.
ribadu has just been compensated for spoiling the votes of buhari.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News..... Buhari Gives Portfolios To Ministers / Why Anambra State Is Sustainable / I’m Not Against Biafra, If War Starts I’ll Fight - Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.