Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go (8631 Views)

Buhari, Pay Fed Govt Workers Salary! / Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. / Teachers, LG Workers And Govt Workers In 1 Week Warning Strike In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by Beaf: 7:39pm On Feb 29, 2012
bittyend:

STFU clown!! I wish I can see you and slap the poo out of you, bastard.

Why can't Badluck trim down "entourage", special advisers, ministers - and reduce his allocation?? Just because you feed on crumbs PDP give, doesn't mean you should sell your birth right, idot.

Lol!
You will see me in real life quake like jelly.
Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by bakila: 7:47pm On Feb 29, 2012
Sky Blue:

You really can't please everyone. We have been calling for a leaner, less expensive federal government. Just wondering what we all thought that meant when we were crying for it? ? ? ? ?
For your Education less expensive mean not keeping SA =Twitter, Nairaland, facebook; SA= call Girl/ Boyfriend for oga;Holdexcellency's bag, and thier PA's. Unnecessary foriegn exchange guzzling trip wit large useless entourage. STEALING.
Well that is fresh air if they are due for retirement.
Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by bakila: 7:57pm On Feb 29, 2012
They have the power of hire and fire, they have fired. We hope they will keep their promise to hire, but it is not in their character to keep promises.
Alas we have been duped by their promises. The employer has a duty to provide work if civil servant are idle, it is because the allocation of there departments most often was looted at the point of disbursement leaving only salaries opiate of the worker.
Well we are still waiting for air to breath.
Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by sandysprax(m): 9:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
Its a pity some fellow Nigerians are supporting this move by govt. True, there are redundant civil servants, but how much is the govt even paying them sef compared to how much they are wasting on frivolities. A secretary earns a meagre 21k or even less. It is only in Nigeria that the president has people holding every envelope they give him at every function as well as adjust seats for him to sit down etc. The govt should really learn to lead by example.They better not mess with my father's job cos i will kneel before God and present the names of every goddamn person involved in this. I will so take it personal.
Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by Reference(m): 9:47pm On Feb 29, 2012
Err. Excuse me which one is civil servant and which one is government or is there now marginalisation in the corridors of power.
Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by dlanny: 10:04pm On Feb 29, 2012
It's just a pity that 28,000 workers who have no strong political fathers will be affected. In a nation having high numbers of unemployed graduate! It's a pity. God help the masses.
Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by muyoto: 10:16pm On Feb 29, 2012
If FG is really looking for redundant workers, let them start from the presidency.
Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by LEXYLOV: 10:58pm On Feb 29, 2012
Another blunder from Mr Clueless Jonathan. I hear that Odechkwu administration is the most biggest and expensive in Africa, what will happen if you cut that into half at least after all you are all clueless. Leave the poor workers alone and reduce your cabinet expenditures MR MUMUDU EBELE ODECHUKWU Jonathan BADLUCKY.
Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by bigdoo: 12:17am On Mar 01, 2012
The salaries of all these poor federal government workers could be less than what the Senate president alone gets.  Let us be more serious and tell ourselves the truth and do the right thing in Nigeria.
Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by madprof(m): 12:23am On Mar 01, 2012
sandysprax:

Its a pity some fellow Nigerians are supporting this move by govt. True, there are redundant civil servants, but how much is the govt even paying them sef compared to how much they are wasting on frivolities. A secretary earns a meagre 21k or even less. It is only in Nigeria that the president has people holding every envelope they give him at every function as well as adjust seats for him to sit down etc. The govt should really learn to lead by example.They better not mess with my father's job cos i will kneel before God and present the names of every goddamn person involved in this. I will so take it personal.

Sorry, but God just might not answer that prayer for you. I suggest you advise your father to start seeking other options of livelihood/subsistence, in case he does get sacked. Disabuse your mind from the belief that your father must work in the civil service at all costs. In any case anyone who isn't adding value to the civil service deserves to be given the boot, starting from the Presidency.
Sometimes job cuts are necessary even when there is no redundancy. The important thing for the individual is to move on with life when job loss does occur. Job cuts in the civil service are however a cause for concern.
Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by Kanmiboy(m): 8:31am On Mar 01, 2012
Truth b told dis GEJ is a failure in all aspect.he lack d leadership skill n intelligence in leadin dis grt country.lik my G said I wish cancer upon them both,
Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by humblebee: 9:02am On Mar 01, 2012
Silly Jonathan can save so much if only he eats less,
Re: 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go by londoner: 9:19am On Mar 01, 2012
GOOD!!!!! This is music to my ears, if not that I have see the complete idleness with my own eyes I would not support this move. Let only those who are productive be kept, those who go to the office to sleep, or collect their salary while they carry on their own businesses instead of their "job" should be booted out.

Let all the other unproductive mf's in the system go too!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

MASSOB Disowns Uwazuruike For Supporting One Nigeria / Gov. Fayose Was Been Tear Gas And He Slumped / Ahmad Lawan, 6 Others To Bag Ekiti Traditional Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.