Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. (13901 Views)

A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification / Thugs Attack & Beat Up Channels TV Cameraman Covering Osun Workers Clash (Pic) / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by AnambraDota: 11:41am On Apr 22, 2015
Labour unions in Osun State have agreed to boycott
the activities to mark the 2015 May Day due to the
non-payment of five months’ salaries by the state
government.

The factional Chairman of the Trade Union Congress,
Mr. Francis Adetunji, said this in an interview with
our correspondent in Osogbo on Tuesday.
He said that this was the agreement reached by
labour leaders, saying workers would stay away from
the May Day celebration which holds on May 1 every
year.

Adetunji said, “ No May Day celebration this year.
That is the decision of the entire workers in Osun
State. We cannot be celebrating when workers have
not been paid a dime since the beginning of the
year.

“The last salary we were paid was part-payment of
November salary. Since then, we have not collected
any salary. We will not celebrate the May Day
because our salaries are not paid.”

The TUC factional chairman also debunked the claim
in some quarters that the refusal of Governor Rauf
Aregbesola to approve the budget proposal for the
Workers’ Day celebration prompted his call on
workers to go on the three-day warning strike last
week.

He said, “There was nothing like that. We did not
present any budget before the government
concerning Workers’ Day.

The only request we want to make to the governor is
that he should look for money by all means and pay
workers.

“ We are hungry. I am very serious, our workers are
very hungry and only those who are close to workers
will know the severity of this hunger.”

He said that the governor invited labour leaders to a
meeting which was supposed to have held on
Monday but labour leaders postponed the meeting
because of the preparations for the election of state
officials of the Nigeria Labour Congress coming up on
Thursday April 23.

Adetunji scored Aregbesola administration high in
infrastructural development but said the governor
should do something urgently to redeem his image
among the workers because of the irregular payment
of workers’ salaries which according to him started
since after the August 2014 governorship election.

www.punchng.com/business/appointments-management/osun-workers-to-boycott-may-day-celebration/

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by AnambraDota: 11:42am On Apr 22, 2015
At the bolded, the real change start from the table.

7 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by drtwist(m): 11:43am On Apr 22, 2015
the dude above me

I Hate you for stealing my FTC

I suspect you are one chance APC member .

5 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Ozigbondu(m): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2015
AregbeRascal and his over dependency on oyel money.AregbeRascals please pay your workers

And the funny thing is that this is a progressive changing state and the people of osun will keep on voting the rascals so they can be tagged progressives.

Hayeeeeee feeeeeee ceeeeeeee
Change
We can see the change grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by kasiem(m): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2015
They are the same set of people that voted apc in the last election and also called igbos foools for voting against the hypocrisy and deceit-filled change.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by AnambraDota: 11:48am On Apr 22, 2015
kasiem:
They are the same set of people that voted apc in the last election and also called igbos foools for voting against the hypocrisy and deceit-filled change.

They always accuse others of tribalism but they are not just covert tribalists but hate filled vultures.

25 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by chukslawrence(m): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2015
Osun
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by kasiem(m): 11:55am On Apr 22, 2015
AnambraDota:

They always accuse others of tribalism but they are not just covert tribalists but hate filled vultures.
let their hate lead their stomach to a place where hunger finds solace.

19 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by PassingShot(m): 11:57am On Apr 22, 2015
Aregbe, please do something and pay the workers nah.

undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
This buttresses the fact that apart from Lagos State which was collectively built by all Nigerians, other states in the SW need oyel money but with what they write on nairaland one would think they have arrived heaven already. embarassed

Just a drop in monthly allocations and workers are starving in Osun. embarassed embarassed

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
PassingShot:

This is why we must all be humble and put hands together to move this nation forward instead of some people calling other citizens guests and asking them to go back to their region. Only in Nigeria do you hear a citizen telling another that he is being 'accommodated.'

18 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by PassingShot(m): 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

This is why we must all be humble and put hands together to move this nation forward instead of some people calling other citizens guests and asking them to go back to their region. Only in Nigeria do you hear a citizen telling another that he is being 'accommodated.'

Forget about a handful of the people who are divisionary and see the bigger picture. They are found in every tribe and region.

Most of the times I ignore them.

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by PassingShot(m): 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
This buttresses the fact that apart from Lagos State which was collectively built by all Nigerians, other states in the SW need oyel money but with what they write on nairaland one would think they have arrived heaven already. embarassed

Just a drop in monthly allocations and workers are starving in Osun. embarassed embarassed

The same situation abounds in many other state that has experienced a significant drop in their allocation.

The oyel belongs to Nigeria. It is our common wealth.

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by dunkem21(m): 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hunger kwa

I laugh in Otuoke.

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by dunkem21(m): 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
PassingShot:

The same situation abounds in many other state that has experienced a significant drop in their allocation.

Examples of the states, abeg.
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
PassingShot:

Thank you but the way most Yorubas write on this forum you would think that they don't need Nigeria, alas, the only state that can stand without support from sales of crude oil is Lagos which was collectively built by all Nigerians.

For the bold part, please extend this mindset to the cosmopolitan Lagos which was jointly built. I believe in mutual respect and urge all my people to do same

Anyways, I don't want to dabble into some funny things but I wish about 10% of your people could reason like you; things would be much better.

The Yorubas cannot claim to have solely developed Lagos otherwise they would have done same in the other five SW states so also the Igbos, otherwise they would have built another Lagos in the East by now.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by cktheluckyman: 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
PassingShot:

In other words you are caling Ngerdelta oil as no man's oli abi? but if we call lagos no mans land,all hell abi all lagoon would be let loose

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by fpeter(f): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
let dem work on that day,then. undecided
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by bigt2(m): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
Truly this man is good t what he do. But what he do isn't that good. cool
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Rauf you must imitate Fayose ooo. Give them RICE! If possible tell your wife to cook it, put it in a cooler then serve it out yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by eCollynzo: 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Enjoy your suffering!
You brought it upon yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Arysexy(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Sai APC

Change is here

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by tolustx(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
E don happen...lol

APC!!!

#Change!!!

That is d change that many people have been chanting all dis while. They are getting it already.
I'm not a fan of critisizing govt but I don't like it when u condemn someone and destroy his image in a gospel dat u are better and when given d chance, u fail. I pray and hope that d incoming govt in Nigeria be better than we ve ever had in d past.
#BeOptimistic

15 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by chrisdera: 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
They are on point
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by 190theclown: 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Kelvin3028(m): 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
Like the govt cares! undecidedLike the govt cares!
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
I blame yibhoes.

They are the reason for hunger in Osun. cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by eCollynzo: 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
Oil money is useless.
They can drink their oyel!
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by SeverusSnape(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
PassingShot:

Change!!! grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by SeverusSnape(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
LordExecutioner:
I blame yibhoes.

They are the reason for hunger in Osun. cheesy
I also blame Jonathan. grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
Please which activities are they talking about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Benefited From Arms Cash:apc / 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A / Crashed Aircraft Was 23 Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.