Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: (8729 Views)

Poll: Do you think Ibori's Stolen Wealth will be Returned to Nigeria??

Yes: 34% (16 votes)
NO: 43% (20 votes)
maybe: 13% (6 votes)
not too sure: 8% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" / A Picture Of Ibori In 2009 After Asaba Court Ruled In His Favour / The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by kokoA(m): 10:54am On Mar 01, 2012
Who care where the loot goes? Afterall, if they send it to Naija, Ibori's cousin (Uduaghan) will "keep it safe" for the shameless criminal to come and enjoy when he finish serving his jail term. Make dem keep am jor. Na person wey do work suppose chop . After all, the Nigerian court say the man no be thief undecided
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by codeworks(m): 10:58am On Mar 01, 2012
we can not use the money judiciously, the money will enter greedy politicians accounts or non-withdrawal EFFC account. i suggest they(British) send the money to Haiti
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by cold(m): 11:18am On Mar 01, 2012
You mean the British government spent £14 million of tax payers' money prosecuting this case just to return the loot back to Nigeria?If you believe that then i've got the deeds of the Golden Gate bridge if anyone is interested
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by stepo707: 11:22am On Mar 01, 2012
Why should they take the money?does it belong to them.British thieves!
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by jaybee(f): 11:28am On Mar 01, 2012
@OP

so my people, plz shine your eyes,   IBORI'S CASE NA BUSINESS AS USUAL,  SO ITS NOT YET TIME TO CELEBRATE,  WE ARE ACTUALLY BEING LAUGHED AT INSTEAD,

I dont understand your bias by saying "WE ARE ACTUALLY BEING LAUGHED AT INSTEAD". are you saying that you dont deserve to be laughed at? Ok now tell me what they should be doing, if not laughing at you. even obj is laughing.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by mission08: 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2012
If they return the money to Nigeria, what difference will it make to the common man? It will only enrich the likes of James Ibori. I just wonder what he wants all that money for is he sick or something or why should u amass so much wealth, what for? The British govt estimated his loot to be about £250million which is over N65billion naira. What is that if not madness!
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by denitro(m): 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2012
1000MW Power station donated by the British will do just fine,
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by pssword: 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2012
Why should they return the money. If our judiciary was functional, Ibori would have been tried in Nigeria and the money recouped there.
Nothing is for free, why should they do our work for us for free, se ohh
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by pssword: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2012
Also, out of interest, I read he was convicted twice in the UK and even went to jail. If this is true, why oh why, would he then go back to hide money there of all the countries in the whole wide world. chei!! What's that song again that goes, do not play with fire, fire fire fire, fire go burn you,
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by WebSurfer(m): 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2012
:-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by jamiucoke: 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2012
the British gov should keep the money and use it to develop their country,since 9ja do not know how to utilises such amount of money
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by mustspin: 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2012
Dear nairalanders, its great to be back on this forum after a long while.

I have recently followed the recent news thread over the past few days reading endless comments of fellow Nigerians celebrating the downfall of ex Governor James Ibori.
To some, it was a sweet joyous moment, to others their reaction might have been "watin concern me" the usual catchphrase we use when shrugging our shoulders.
Fair enough, Ibori admitted that he looted the Delta State treasury, but the key question I often ask myself is, what are the other motives why they (British Authorities) went after him? was ibori the only governor who stole from us, or was he seen as a threat to some Nigerian elites

it is obvious that most Nigerian governors only buy a few houses here in London, and this makes it harder for the authorities to fish them out. Ibori's case was different because he had millions of pounds worth of asset here in London. A city where they can rob you of all your hard work in 1 day,  Ibori hustled his way to the top, so I give him that credit,  I just think he didn't know how to hide his loot, or he had too much on his plate, , however in the eyes of the British authorities, HE WAS A BIG FISH, !!!!

His flamboyant lifestyle attracted alot of fake friends and at the same time alot of haters too. Some of the people who openly benefited from Ibori's loot were the first to throw stones at him.
e.g Chief Edwin Clerk.
The most important point we need to take note of is that, British Companies contributed massively to the polution of the niger delta. So how can they now turn around and tell us that the asset seized from ibori will be sold and the money will be repatriated to Nigeria, and we supposed to believed them SO DOES THAT MEAN, THEY CARE ABOUT US ALL OF A SUDDEN?? "pls ask yourself that"

All I can boldly tell u is that, the British authorities are only prosecuting Ibori for their self interests. I assure you that Ibori's mansions will be sold at giveaway prices to their accomplices,  its all business as usual,
Aren't these same police officers who swept the Phone hacking scandal under carpet, and accepting bribes from rupert murdoch and his news corp empire
how are we suppose to trust everything they say to us? especially after Dariye and DSP saga did they really return the money they seized I doubt,  NOT WITHOUT DEDUCTING THEIR LION SHARE, I think its a criminal catch criminal circus ,  lets watch and see,
Its up to us to protect our wealth, and prevent thieves like uduaghan from escaping alive with his loot,  
We chose to let all these looting happen, so why are we blaming the judges WHAT DO YOU DO TO A THIEF  have we considered lynching or bombing them, to prevent them from escaping with their loots,  why wait for justice, when there is no justice in Nigeria,   A country where judges will accept ipads as Bribes,

Because Justice cannot be dispensed in Nigeria,  The British will not waste their resources to prosecute our criminals without gaining from it,

so my people, plz shine your eyes,   IBORI'S CASE NA BUSINESS AS USUAL,  SO ITS NOT YET TIME TO CELEBRATE,  WE ARE ACTUALLY BEING LAUGHED AT INSTEAD,

@ OP
the title of the thread is quite misleading as it is obvious you dont have any information about what the british plans to do with the money. It can be infered from the bolded that you would have done the same if you had the opportunity Ibori had so you have no business querying wot the british is going to do with the money.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by OperaMini1(m): 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2012
richmind:

I am from Delta state, if the money is returned to the state as proposed, be assured it will be kept for ibori by his boy uduaghan. The so called thief in government performed far better than the present governor, irony.

For me o, they should even keep everything, as returning the money to uduaghan is equivalent to handing back to ibori.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by PBundles(m): 3:27pm On Mar 01, 2012
mykejones:

[color=Black][/color]
Hard as it may seem to us, the truth needs be told.
I remembered our judiciary tried dis same man in Asaba and found him nt quilty.
If d British government now prooved otherwise,why shd dey return 2 us what, in d first place,denied ever existed?
And if returnd,who gets it?
Trust my Nigerian government,they'l probably SET a COMMITEE 2 look into it. Set another commitee to oversee d first commitee,and den set another commitee to probe d first two. And before the money finally gets to it's destinatn,about half of it is gone.
Abeg,to safe us all this wahala, let dem keep it! Afteral,we r safe wt wat we don't know. No b so?

No need, they will pull an IBRU and give him 6 months. Funny she stole more than 10 times that amount (approx USD 2 BN) and got away with it. Who says crime doesnt pay.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by niddamugu(m): 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2012
My candid opinion - they should keep it as their service charge for a job well done. After all it will never get to anyone of us here.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by studyineu: 8:33pm On Mar 01, 2012
British is broke so they need money. Am ashamed to be called a Nigerian you can never hear That Nigeria will keep a certain percentage of money someone stealed. Even if a Nigeria scammed a british personal and efcc arrest them, they will hand him over to britain and the money back but in our case they will keep the money. Am so ashamed of dis Nigeria. I strongly believe in Biafra a no nonsense country dats why britain will not want biafra to exist cause we won't let them off easily. Nonsense people
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Tiphareth(m): 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2012
IMHO, the money should be given to the British Council for awarding scholarships to poorer Delta brilliant school leavers to study in the United Kingdom. In this way, both the British government and the needy Nigerians will benefit.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Rossikk(m): 10:54pm On Mar 01, 2012
People saying the British should keep the money are very wrong and misguided. That money belongs to the NIGERIAN PEOPLE, NOT to the British. Whatever  manner they wish to return it, they MUST do so, or else NOTHING separates them from Ibori. It can be argued with merit that by keeping the money, they are merely a set of thieves stealing the loot from another thief, with the 'trial' a charade designed to dispossess him of the money for their own corrupt ends.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Obiagu1(m): 12:36am On Mar 02, 2012
The British should keep at least 50% of the loot. This will be an incentive for them to hunt down more of those Nigerian politicians/criminals.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Nobody: 2:59am On Mar 02, 2012
They agree to repatriate them back to the state of origin of the criminal.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by ektbear: 3:16am On Mar 02, 2012
The comments here. . . i dunno whether to laugh or cry
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by eghost247(m): 10:12am On Mar 02, 2012
ekt_bear:

The comments here. . . i dunno whether to laugh or cry
hahahaha
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by niddamugu(m): 11:36am On Mar 02, 2012
Rossikk:

People saying the British should keep the money are very wrong and misguided. That money belongs to the NIGERIAN PEOPLE, NOT to the British. Whatever  manner they wish to return it, they MUST do so, or else NOTHING separates them from Ibori. It can be argued with merit that by keeping the money, they are merely a set of thieves stealing the loot from another thief, with the 'trial' a charade designed to dispossess him of the money for their own corrupt ends.

I am sure you are not in this country hence your comment. This same Ibori was discharged and acquitted of corruption charges in an Asaba court for lack of substantial evidence. What do you make of that? The judicial system in Nigeria is a major contributor of injustice in this country. Just to inform you, a few days ago, the executives of Ikeja branch of the NBA visited the speaker of the Lagos state house of assembly. To discuss what? Please answer me. And just yesterday, the same speaker was arrested by EFCC for money laundering. Don't you suspect foul play here? "The witch cried last night and the baby died this morning", who killed the witch?
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by jonnieoneng: 11:23am On Sep 08, 2015
Lasinoh:
The British should keep it for doing what the Nigeria could not do! kiss
Voted : NO! cool
He can keep the ones in Dubai and Jo'Burg! kiss
Are you sure you are a Nigerian.Why should Britain keep the loot. If Britain wants to show that they are truly Nigeria's big brother then they must return the loot .At least right now we have a "disciplined Government" on board now if they refuse to do that they are as guilty of corruption as Ibori himself

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Fire Tear Gas At Surging Crowd At Lagos Air Crash Site / #bringbackourgirls Failing As Second Anniversary Approaches- PUNCH / Nnamdi Kanu Slap His Mother Disturbing PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.