Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,178 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years (12389 Views)

Tunisian Ex-president Ben Ali Sentenced To 10 Years In Jail / In 10 Years, There Will Be No More Israel: Kissinger / What Was Gbagbo's Aim? Why Didn't He Just Give Up? He Clearly Knew He Lost: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Sike(m): 8:43pm On Mar 02, 2012
*yimu* Na Wash!!
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by bright007(f): 8:58pm On Mar 02, 2012
Why africans/the black race especially nigerians backward in thinking?We have not contributed not even a single inventory that can bring about å major breakthrough on planet earth yet we still belong to d kingdom of doubting thomases.No wonder the western world never believed our ancestors ever had any kind of philosophy.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by member479760: 8:58pm On Mar 02, 2012
let then find the cure for cancer, malaria, HIV then we talk.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by ziediolike(m): 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2012
Manliness:

Abeg, if dem do the robot, e go fit do jiggery-pokeryI mean the robot go fit Zap? That one go make sense ooooh!
abeg help me ask dem oh!
Is this a new movie? The itskov is waiting for the star actor they have 100 actors sorry scientist already, Can d robot giggy?
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2012
nakedall:

let then find the cure for cancer, malaria, HIV then we talk.

yeah right
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Digriz(m): 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2012
Useless imagination,the greatest invention wl be to develop an alternative to the eye where the blind could be able to see again.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by maasoap(m): 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2012
@breezy047, a particle (neutrino) has been discovered to have exceeded the speed of light by 60 nanoseconds in September last year at CERN where scientists are working to understand how our universe is formed. The particle travelled from Geneva to Italy. You need to read more, to constantly update your knowledge. You can "google it to learn more about it.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by maasoap(m): 9:45pm On Mar 02, 2012
@digriz, just get a copy of guiness book of records to see a blind man (100% blind) who is able to "see" or at least navigate on his own without help, courtesy of advanced technology.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by agabaI23(m): 9:50pm On Mar 02, 2012
maasoap:

@breezy047, a particle (neutrino) has been discovered to have exceeded the speed of light by 60 nanoseconds in September last year at CERN where scientists are working to understand how our universe is formed. The particle travelled from Geneva to Italy. You need to read more, to constantly update your knowledge. You can "google it to learn more about it.

. . . . 'However, in February 2012 reports came out that the results may have been caused by a loose fiber optic cable attached to one of the atomic clocks which measured the departure and arrival times of the neutrinos. The cable is going to be fixed and the experiment will be run again to see if the same results are found'.

The issue of it travelling faster than light is still not confirmed
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by maasoap(m): 10:02pm On Mar 02, 2012
The result still stands in as much as it has not been disputed.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Digriz(m): 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2012
maasoap:

@digriz, just get a copy of guiness book of records to see a blind man (100% blind) who is able to "see" or at least navigate on his own without help, courtesy of advanced technology.
may be they are still on testing period.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 02, 2012
Can we please have more discussions like this that are filled with nothing but friendly banter and civil talk?
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by icnsystem(m): 11:41pm On Mar 02, 2012
Almost the same thing as cloning process, but it cannot achieve the original and dynamic purpose of human creation.A time to be born and a time to die.What purpose is value of humanity if he lives forever and compete always for wealth & power thereby creating a clique of powerfull aristocrat that will live forever.Even as technology is advancing daily there is still no single proof that we are living better than people of ancient time.The idea of living forever is a ruse and incontinence with natural law,  What a boring world
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 03, 2012
maasoap:

agabaI23:

. . . . 'However, in February 2012 reports came out that the results may have been caused by a loose fiber optic cable attached to one of the atomic clocks which measured the departure and arrival times of the neutrinos. The cable is going to be fixed and the experiment will be run again to see if the same results are found'.

The issue of it travelling faster than light is still not confirmed

I just read about it now. If it is truly found to be faster than the speed of light it would thoroughly shake the foundation of all Albert Eintein theories of relativity and guess what time travelling would suddenly become a bit possible.
interesting.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 03, 2012
icnsystem:

Almost the same thing as cloning process, but it cannot achieve the original and dynamic purpose of human creation.A time to be born and a time to die.What purpose is value of humanity if he lives forever and compete always for wealth & power thereby creating a clique of powerfull aristocrat that will live forever.Even as technology is advancing daily there is still no single proof that we are living better than people of ancient time.The idea of living forever is a ruse and incontinence with natural law,  What a boring world 

Maybe such humans would be useful for possible conspiracy theories. They might be useful in bringing about the new world order if such truely exist.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 03, 2012
who ever thought we'd have a full blown computer in the size and weight of an ipad so many years ago? Nothing is impossible.

And to be honest, it does make scientific sense. The brain is mostly just governed by electric charges. It's like a computer in it's own right, with RAM, ROM and everything. If you observe these charges and study their functions, hence neuroscience, it's not hard to map out a way to duplicate a human brain digitally. Having created Neural Networks myself, a long-existing software algorithm, this could be possible even before the next 10 years.

There is that question of the soul though. To which I say, nothing changes there. If the soul leaves the body, the usual process happens as it does to all souls today. All this machine would be is a "logical copy" of the person, and not the person him/herself. It could answer all the questions the person could answer and know all the things the person could know, but the real person has moved on to the next plane.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 03, 2012
This is a joke! grin
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by kunletech: 8:33am On Mar 03, 2012
It might work out in building robart but not downloading human mind.
1. Personality is the relatively parmanent change in behavior and experience, it means dat if posible dat d mind was downloaded, it will not grow because robort is control electronicaly not by nature or self will
2. D mind can't be nurishing with natural or plant nutrient dat will makes the mind to work fine.
3.there are many reason which dis is inchieveable but with the law of nature dat said everthing is posible, 'yes' but dat ll b alternative, do you know dat there are spirit dat can posses the atribute you have. This spirit is called imitation spirit. This can be involk and downloaded into the robart through diabolic power.
Dat ll replace d so call mind downloded.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 03, 2012
^^^ Dude, you're not making too much sense. Read my earlier prognosis.
This is way too possible. And yes, the mind can still "learn". Do some research on Neural networks if you're interested in understanding a little better.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 03, 2012
^^^
I need proofs not just telling me of something that is possibly analytical yet impractical. Not everything is possible. We are still speculating on 1/10^100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 of nature yet you are alluding to some psycho project as possible.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Brodafred(m): 9:43am On Mar 03, 2012
There is nothing human being will do to outsmart God, God is God while human is human period! so let them continue their scientific expendition or experiment, God is smarter than all of them join together, and we all have to understand that there is limit to human capacity and capability, and possibility. No human can go beyond the boundary God has given him or her in life.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by guonno: 10:40am On Mar 03, 2012
illuminates!
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by SNCOQ3(m): 11:17am On Mar 03, 2012
Brodafred:

There is nothing human being will do to outsmart God, God is God while human is human period! so let them continue their scientific expendition or experiment, God is smarter than all of them join together, and we all have to understand that there is limit to human capacity and capability, and possibility. No human can go beyond the boundary God has given him or her in life.

I believe because man is created in the image and likeness of God is the reason why man has the faculty to create in his own "image and likeness" (robots).

This faculty is a gift from God, and i think it gives God pleasure when we explore this awesome gift to its fullness. The only problem is when we become prideful by arrogating God's blessing to ourselves, abusing it, using it for selfish ends. I also think the big question before God is what is the moral implication of this, does this fit into God's plan for us? if the answer is no then we make ourselves an adversary of God instead of " imitators of God, as dearly loved children" - Ephesians 5:1.

I've been building and programming basic robots lately, am planning to step up with more ambitious project in this field. Believe me, its a wonderful experience and humbling too. its just make me appreciate God the more.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 03, 2012
Jst to create 1 millions will be destroyed.a person who wants to be like God on earth is getting close to his grave
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Cine(m): 1:05pm On Mar 03, 2012
@maasoap

Yet to be proved and looking more unlikely as other scientists run the same tests. i.e. Neutrinos do not exceed the speed of light. The scientists who ran the original tests passed on their results as even they believed there had been a mistake somewhere, and have admitted it could have been down to bad wiring.

A simple google search will show that their results are far from definitive.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by MissedCall(m): 1:22pm On Mar 03, 2012
very artificial
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Cine(m): 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2012
Great topic, I actually did my dissertation on the relationship between the cyberpunk genre and todays society. Anyone who's a fan of GHOST IN THE SHELL will understand that they've covered this subject matter extensively. The whole idea of having a human brain inside a machine will relieve it of it's 'Ghost' or soul.

That aside, we as humans have always believed in having a spiritual world and the real physical world. Christianity for example has their spiritual world that can't been seen by those in the physical world. The idea of converting wetware of the brain to hardware/software capable of being read as code by computers was made popular by William Gibson's novel Neuromancer in the 70s, which was the major inspiration  for the matrix films.

the ability to convert the brains wetware to code is just a matter of time. listen to the founders of google about their plans for the next generations of search engines to understand that. They claim the technology would be too 'weird' for todays society, technology which they pretty much already have. i.e. having chip implants that allow your thoughts to do the searching which will be seen on a glasses type device.

to cut this short, it's not a question so much of living forever, more that this is the new spiritual realm. the next gen of christianity etc we don't need bodies. we'll live (to steal from ghost in the shell) inside the sea of information (cyberspace). How do you retain your individuality, well imo you don't, it's the gen of being. you aren't one individual, more like a cluster that merges together into one.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by MissedCall(m): 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2012
interesting
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2012
Is it only Cine and I who see this thing as very possible? smiley
I predict they would have had it nabbed down in before 10 years if they tried at all. I guess 10 years for multiple testing, observation, etc, but the actual implementation won't take long at all.
It's just NeuroScience combined with Neural Net Software Engineering. Quite frankly, I'm surprised it's taken them this long to start.

However like I said, it will only just be a "digital copy" of the current state of the person's brain and not the person himself as he/she will have gone through the usual soul-out-of-body thing to their eternal location. But the AI could be so impressive and self-aware, that to everyone else around, it might as well look like a full transfer.

@KunleTech haba which one you still dey ask for proof? It's one thing to ask for proof and it's another thing to totally ignore it when given to you. I said go and research Neural Networks if you are really interested in proof. Even video games can show you what I mean. Go play a game called Black and White to see AI learning in action. Combined with visual and movement tracking like we have in the kinect today as a source for AI learning input, and it would be a rather impressive human simulation.
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Horus(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2012
How they are going to download a soul on a robot?. Downloading a mind maybe, but a soul?
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by ordained(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2012
What a waste of time & money. Instead of attempting to make cars that use air as fuel, they are planning to fail,

I hope they will manufacture spirit too, after uploading the mind, msheew!
Re: Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 03, 2012
CINE

Truely it is going to be too wierd to us.

How do you retain your individuality,  well imo you don't, it's the gen of being. you aren't one individual, more like a cluster that merges together into one.  

Isn't this going to be strange?
Men with no soul or individualities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diesel Shortage In Europe Threatens To Slow Economic Growth. / Snowing In Johannesburg Right Now (pics) / George Alexander Louis Is The Name Of The Royal Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.