Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect (11661 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / Pastors And Alfa Asked Me To Bring Money For Deliverance-i'm Tired / God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by UyiIredia(m): 1:32pm On Mar 02, 2012
Okija_juju:

All of you condenming her and calling her own spirit evil had better shut the Bleep up!!  angry

You be God ! Anyone is free to condemn, praise or not condemn her. I happen to hold all positions. I condemn her for killing a child. I praise her for doing what she thought best (i.e following the Holy Spirit) & I don't condemn her in this sense: I'm a fellow human like her & could jolly well have done what she did.

Okija_juju:
Who are you to judge what spirit the Daughter of God was using when she obeyed the command of the Holy Spirit?! Why didnt you people call Oyedepo Demon Posessed or an "Apostate" when he slapped a defenceless little naive girl for no justifiable reason?! Or is it because she dosent own a church?!

Anyone is free to judge. God, the Judge of all has violated all the 10 commandments He set & yet He's still God. We know God has killed people. We know the Holy Spirit, technically speaking, committed adultery with an engaged woman (i.e Mary) We know God lied by cunningly making the snake that deceived Eve. F***ck Oyedepo ! Who's talking about the dude here ?

Okija_juju:
The Holy Spirit has asked people to do worse in the Bible. .

Yes. He told Joshu to murder the people of Jericho. We also know that The Holy Spirit killed Ananias & Sapphira.

Okija_juju:
The Holy Spirit led the Isrealites to commit several acts of Genocide in the Bible. . .  I dont hear none of you saying poo about that now?!  angry

You are hearing way more than that from me. I hope you can handle it. Make sure you don't go gaga over it.

Okija_juju:
That girl was operating under the Holy Spirit, everyone has testified that she indeed was a prayer warrior, everyone has testified to the greatness of her visions, everyone has testified to her being a daughter of God and Holy Spirit filled. . .  They are all surprised that the Holy Spirit would go postal on them like that. .

I am not surprised. But I am of the opinion people fear the Holy Spirit to much. I have cursed the Holy Spirit in my heart and nothing happened. I went a step further & wrote down insults, nada ! I went a little farther & yapped the Holy Spirit when Oyedepo placed a curse on CU students after a certain incident. I am still here typing, ain't I ? BTW, I am a Bible-believing Christian. God is not bothered with names. People have insulted God so many times in so many ways I think He's used to it. Furthermore, if you are courageous enough to, you can disobey the Holy Spirit, same way one disobeys one's parents. The Holy Spirit once told me to jump inside Lagos Lagoon. I replied by telling it that I wasn't sure it would save me from drowning. There are some things the Holy Spirit has instructed me to do which I've acted upon e.g money to someone in need here, a word to a stranger etc. People condemn the woman because they haven't fully apprehended who God is.

Okija_juju:
Let me warn all of you!! Touch not my annointed/Possesed, and do my Daughter no harm. . . II Zacharia 20: 1 - 8. .  Refer

BS ! Let me tell you a little story. An Aladura person came to my house & told my father that his first son (myself) will die. My Dad was worried & told a close friend & my mother. My mother told me & begged me to fast & pray and that she would join me. I told her I would try. Meanwhile, my thinking was that I had no problem with dying. I am more bothered with how I would die (e.g I would hate to die through torture or in a gas chamber). I did not fast or pray. My mum (whom I loved so much) died. My Dad had stroke. I am alive & kicking despite the BS the Aladura dude said. I had a paranormal experience though which I won't share here.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by Mopoli(m): 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2012
Oh! GOD
the grievious things that are done in disguise of your name,i mean the things that are undone behind, This is the Evil spirit in Action not the Holy Spirit that i know- a comforter not a murderer.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by stildude(m): 1:44pm On Mar 02, 2012
See many people calling for the girl's head. The same crop that condemned Bishop Oyedepo for Rebuking (slapping) the girl that said she is a witch for Jesus. Tomorrow, that witch will kill in daylight and say Jesus asked me to do it. See una na!
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by silkysam: 1:44pm On Mar 02, 2012
Holy spirit is our comforter, that girl is been posses by demon for those are u that are conversant with the bible this is not a news to them. the devil came for 3 main reasons 1. To Kill, 2. To Steal, 3. To destroy.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by Zilja(f): 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2012
silkysam:

Holy spirit is our comforter, that girl is been posses by demon for those are u that are conversant with the bible this is not a news to them. the devil came for 3 main reasons 1. To Kill, 2. To Steal, 3. To destroy.

AND HE ENTER'S THE WEAK. YOU SHOULD EQUIP URSELF AND DON'T BE FOOLED BY FALSE PROPHETS
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by silkysam: 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2012
I can't be fooled be false prophet because i no my God i serve, and i have had an encounter with Jesus so bro i can't be fooled
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by gegee(m): 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2012
All of you condenming her and calling her own spirit evil had better shut the Bleep up!!

You be God ! Anyone is free to condemn, praise or not condemn her. I happen to hold all positions. I condemn her for killing a child. I praise her for doing what she thought best (i.e following the Holy Spirit) & I don't condemn her in this sense: I'm a fellow human like her & could jolly well have done what she did.

Quote from: Okija_juju on Today at 11:49:51 AM
Who are you to judge what spirit the Daughter of God was using when she obeyed the command of the Holy Spirit?! Why didnt you people call Oyedepo Demon Posessed or an "Apostate" when he slapped a defenceless little naive girl for no justifiable reason?! Or is it because she dosent own a church?!

Anyone is free to judge. God, the Judge of all has violated all the 10 commandments He set & yet He's still God. We know God has killed people. We know the Holy Spirit, technically speaking, committed adultery with an engaged woman (i.e Mary) We know God lied by cunningly making the snake that deceived Eve. F***ck Oyedepo ! Who's talking about the dude here ?

The Holy Spirit has asked people to do worse in the Bible. .

Yes. He told Joshu to murder the people of Jericho. We also know that The Holy Spirit killed Ananias & Sapphira.

The Holy Spirit led the Isrealites to commit several acts of Genocide in the Bible. . . I dont hear none of you saying poo about that now?!

You are hearing way more than that from me. I hope you can handle it. Make sure you don't go gaga over it.

That girl was operating under the Holy Spirit, everyone has testified that she indeed was a prayer warrior, everyone has testified to the greatness of her visions, everyone has testified to her being a daughter of God and Holy Spirit filled. . . They are all surprised that the Holy Spirit would go postal on them like that. .

I am not surprised. But I am of the opinion people fear the Holy Spirit to much. I have cursed the Holy Spirit in my heart and nothing happened. I went a step further & wrote down insults, nada ! I went a little farther & yapped the Holy Spirit when Oyedepo placed a curse on CU students after a certain incident. I am still here typing, ain't I ? BTW, I am a Bible-believing Christian. God is not bothered with names. People have insulted God so many times in so many ways I think He's used to it. Furthermore, if you are courageous enough to, you can disobey the Holy Spirit, same way one disobeys one's parents. The Holy Spirit once told me to jump inside Lagos Lagoon. I replied by telling it that I wasn't sure it would save me from drowning. There are some things the Holy Spirit has instructed me to do which I've acted upon e.g money to someone in need here, a word to a stranger etc. People condemn the woman because they haven't fully apprehended who God is.

Let me warn all of you!! Touch not my annointed/Possesed, and do my Daughter no harm. . . II Zacharia 20: 1 - 8. . Refer

BS ! Let me tell you a little story. An Aladura person came to my house & told my father that his first son (myself) will die. My Dad was worried & told a close friend & my mother. My mother told me & begged me to fast & pray and that she would join me. I told her I would try. Meanwhile, my thinking was that I had no problem with dying. I am more bothered with how I would die (e.g I would hate to die through torture or in a gas chamber). I did not fast or pray. My mum (whom I loved so much) died. My Dad had stroke. I am alive & kicking despite the BS the Aladura dude said. I had a paranormal experience though which I won't share here.
see this one, take im time finish, quote people come dey write complete nonsense
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by uyplus(m): 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2012
thiscount, u'r a sensless bornfooool, i urge u 2blaspheme da Holy Spirit. wot do u knw abt islam? islam is compulsion, and worship of the sun god. repetitve pryrs, countin beads, believin god has kept virgins and alcoholic wines for u to com and inhabit, dwell and party, so allah wants u to b a drunkard in heaven abi? or wants you to b having sex wiv virgins as a reward of faihtfulness to hs commands? wakeup and be reasonable, islam wld neva be an option for me in 10worlds to come, verry sensless religion, christianity is not a religion, its a lifestyle. if u'r a xtian and u leave to anoda faith, nobdy come chasin u wit a knife, sword, bombs, etc.kill al da infidels, kill them. when a q'ran is burnt, or muhammed is abused, dey stat rantin, wantin to fight for god, is god powerlesss? cant he fight for hmslf? must humans be vessels for violence to show hs wrath crap of a faith, wakeup!!!!
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by rabzy01: 4:16pm On Mar 02, 2012
Holy spirit gone wild.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by Okijajuju1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2012
joe george:

i dey pity u

joe george:

u obviously know nothing about the God u insult so ur ignorance will be tolorated, for now. but know that at the end of this life u shall inevitably face  GOd then there shall be judgement

Na you I pity pass. . . I know nothing about God!! . . .  I laugh in Thesalonians Lazarus Nicodemus Nebuchadenazzar 

Oya, tell me what it is about your God that I dont know?! I dont know that the Holy Spirit that sent Abraham to kill his son, wipe out all first born sons of Egypt, Order the Genocide of all the original inhabitants of Cannan, that made serpents almost kill off the Isrealites?! Tell me what I dont know?!

Na person like you Holy Spirit dey send to catch moving aeroplane. . . Deluded lunatic. . . You need Jesus!!  angry Watch and Pray. . 

newmi:

Without any attempt to gain say or discredit those testimonies which in themselves may be true but even judas who cast out devils as a disciple of Jesus caught himself off guard and what happened he ended up fulfilling scripture wrongly as Satan took advange and in scripture even Jesus Himself described him as "the son of perdition". The devil doesn't recognize titles, how long yoy may have been a christian or what and what you have done in the faith if he believes that he can still defeat Jesus Christ then believing he can us isn't a matter for him thats why Jesus said
(King James 2000 Bible (©2003)) Mark 14:38
"Watch and pray, lest you enter into
temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but
the flesh is weak"
Satan is an opportunistic being so he is always relentlessly seek out opportunities to steal, kill and to destroy.
(New Living Translation (©2007)) 1Peter 5:8
"Stay alert! Watch out for your great
enemy, the devil. He prowls around like
a roaring lion, looking for someone to
devour"
Also it is impirtant that we recognize that in the world there are many voices
King James Bible 1 Corinthians 14:10
"There are, it may be, so many kinds of
voices in the world, and none of them is
without signification"

You are indeed a Child of God and know your scriptures. . But all I am saying is that since we have no forensic method of finding out what type of Spirit possessed her (Evil or Holy), we should be careful how we judge the woman in question. . All we know is that she was led by a Spirit which she claims was the Holy Spirit and even the witnesses have testified that she had exhibited Holy Spirit type possession in the past. .

Judas was a greedy bastard. .

Uyi Iredia:

I feel your energy on the subject matter. . And like your take as well. . Cant quite place where you were heading but nonetheless, I feel you. . Sorry bout your mum though!! cry

uy plus:

thiscount, u'r a sensless bornfooool, i urge u 2blaspheme da Holy Spirit. wot do u knw abt islam? islam is compulsion, and worship of the sun god. repetitve pryrs, countin beads, believin god has kept virgins and alcoholic wines for u to com and inhabit, dwell and party, so allah wants u to b a drunkard in heaven abi? or wants you to b Being Intimate wiv virgins as a reward of faihtfulness to hs commands? wakeup and be reasonable, islam wld neva be an option for me in 10worlds to come, verry sensless religion, christianity is not a religion, its a lifestyle. if u'r a xtian and u leave to anoda faith, nobdy come chasin u wit a knife, sword, bombs, etc.kill al da infidels, kill them. when a q'ran is burnt, or muhammed is abused, dey stat rantin, wantin to fight for god, is god powerlesss? cant he fight for hmslf? must humans be vessels for violence to show hs wrath crap of a faith, wakeup!!!!

You just showed that inbred son of a retarded women. . . . You just totally dierespected someone elses religion and ended up displaying ignorance of a magnitude I am yet to behold. . I shall indeed offer sacrifices for you . . You are possessed by an evil spirit without a doubt.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by uyplus(m): 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2012
man u such a fool, renowned fool from ages to ages.did u get dat trait frm ur family tree?/?, or u jst wokeup 1morning 2b sooo stupid?? i'm a research pharmcst, and i cld hlp u out wiv some new medics we'v discoverd 4strange cases of maniac. u need 2b placed on awhole lot of anti-psyhcotic drug combinations, obviously, u sound soooo lame n sooo insane,
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by EnlitendRaider(f): 6:51pm On Mar 02, 2012
This is the same holy spirit from the same amazing people who enslaved Nigerians and other west Africans ever ago.
The same amazing people that make Nigerians think there's a such thing as "ROYALTY" anymore.
Does no one realize the evil behind this religion or the stupidity of claiming "royalty" with nothing to show for it?
the "Royalty" of today are crazy people pumped up on drugs and passionately expressing human emotions through the arts in hollywood, people like lilwayne,and young money, Kim kardashian, and that Illuminati crazy Queen Beyonce who faked her own pregnancy (as if no one would notice, how idiotic can you be?). THOSE are royalty and if you didnt read that right, its a terrible thing to be "ROYALTY" . EVER. you sit around with loads of money and valuables in your 400,000 sq.foot. house and people are in need of that money and those valuables. Royalty is evil and people think its so great still!This is all insane. I cant believe anyone still thinks that way.
There's no such thing as a "holy spirit" that tells an adult to kill an innocent child!
AND IN SUCH A BARBARIC WAY!! THIS IS DISGUSTING AND YOU PEOPLE ARE INSANE!!
you cant recognize a holy spirit when you see , feel or sense one in any other way but your own human instinct!
THAT WAS NOT A HOLY SPIRIT.

There is a heavenly oblivion ,Two gods, and a hellish oblivion everything else in between is a force of its own.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by danochi7: 7:15pm On Mar 02, 2012
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT AN AUTHOR OF CONFUSION. WHATEVER SPOKE TO HER IS NOT OF GOD angry
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by Ilekokonit: 10:17pm On Mar 02, 2012
A major reason why one should be the only one allowed to look after ones children. When you allow your children to go and live with a relative out of your jurisdiction you are courting trouble.

Let your children live with you even in times of poverty 'cos as long as the poverty does not kill you it will not kill the child.

In todays dangerous world I would even say that for young children under the age of 15 boarding school is probably not the best.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by Ranoscky(m): 12:30am On Mar 03, 2012
Na wao!
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by Goshen360(m): 12:48am On Mar 03, 2012
She is NOT rooted in the word of God, so she cannot discern the spirit or test the spirit by the word of God. Hence satan quoted bible wrongly to her just like satan did to Christ.

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 2 Cor. 11:14, KJV

The more and vital reason a believer should be rooted in the word and their faith not in anointing oil and handkerchiefs. You can't resist or overcome or spot out satan by anointing oil and handkerchiefs but by the word of God of the Living God. Amen.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by sweetigho(m): 8:36am On Mar 03, 2012
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS HOLY, AND WOULD NOT SAY DAT
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by baslone: 11:55am On Mar 03, 2012
uy plus:

thiscount, u'r a sensless bornfooool, i urge u 2blaspheme da Holy Spirit. wot do u knw abt islam? islam is compulsion, and worship of the sun god. repetitve pryrs, countin beads, believin god has kept virgins and alcoholic wines for u to com and inhabit, dwell and party, so allah wants u to b a drunkard in heaven abi? or wants you to b Being Intimate wiv virgins as a reward of faihtfulness to hs commands? wakeup and be reasonable, islam wld neva be an option for me in 10worlds to come, verry sensless religion, christianity is not a religion, its a lifestyle. if u'r a xtian and u leave to anoda faith, nobdy come chasin u wit a knife, sword, bombs, etc.kill al da infidels, kill them. when a q'ran is burnt, or muhammed is abused, dey stat rantin, wantin to fight for god, is god powerlesss? cant he fight for hmslf? must humans be vessels for violence to show hs wrath crap of a faith, wakeup!!!!

Na Holy spirit? grin
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by bknight: 2:24am On Mar 04, 2012
I don't think she cld hv possibly pulled out d tongue while d girl was still alive. She must've pulled out d tongue out after killing d girl. How hard it is to hold some1's tongue.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by cfours: 5:02am On Mar 04, 2012
I'm very suspicious of this story. just too bizarre to be true
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by thehomer: 10:58am On Mar 04, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

And people wonder why the non-religious sometimes get annoyed. You could have done what she did? You could have according to the article pulled out the tongue of a five year old child? What sort of person are you? After thinking you can do this, how can you also say that both condemn and not condemn her? That right there violates the law of non-contradiction.

Uyi Iredia:

The holy spirit is always right it seems. I wonder if the people killed and in this instance, the child would agree with that.

Uyi Iredia:

The holy spirit told you to jump in the lagoon? Are you sure about that? Did you hear the voice in your head at that time or did it sound like someone outside was speaking to you? Were you depressed? There are so many other possibilities that settling on the voice being from the holy spirit is curious.

Uyi Iredia:

This is why I always point out that with God, all things are justifiable. Even the brutal killing of a 5 year old child. Who knows? Maybe the "prayer warrior" was just someone mentally ill whose illness was effectively shielded by her religious devotion. Or maybe she was a psychopath or something else but still, some think that being very religious should count for something here.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by harakiri(m): 11:15am On Mar 04, 2012
Why is this woman being criticized? She is no different from other Christians who give their hard earned money to men of god fraud. If you think she has a mental illness, what do you say about someone who gives his/her first earnings to a pastor all in the name of "first fruit". Most Christians suffer from this HOLY SPIRIT MADNESS! ! ! It's only when it's taken to the extreme that people criticize (Reverend King comes to mind).
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by Okijajuju1(m): 10:59am On Mar 05, 2012
uy plus:

man u such a fool, renowned fool from ages to ages.did u get dat trait frm ur family tree?/?, or u jst wokeup 1morning 2b sooo silly?? i'm a research pharmcst, and i cld hlp u out wiv some new medics we'v discoverd 4strange cases of maniac. u need 2b placed on awhole lot of anti-psyhcotic drug combinations, obviously, u sound soooo lame n sooo insane,

Good Day Mr. Uy Plus. .

This is the second post in which you have displayed generic idiocy of a disturbing level. I am still very shocked that the doctors didnt kill you at birth and tie up your mothers womb so she wouldnt birth another reproach such as yourself . . I pray and hope to god that you are an only child or that this imbecilic gene you have is parculiar to only yourself.

Now, I am further disturbed by the fact that claimed to be a "Research Pharmacist" and even went ahead to diagonise me as suffering from "Maniac" (which by the way isnt a real disease).

Now, I in my capacity as a Doctor of alternative medicine and metaphysical science put it to you that you are possesed of a Sprit. The nomeclature of the spirit we (i.e My apprentice and I) are yet to ascertain but we have strong indications that it is Evil. The only thing we can conclusively diagonise at this time is that you are a graduate/under-grad of a "Spirit" filled university. .  Probably Covenant or Babcock or Madonna university. . Another thing is that you are suffering from acute skitzophreniform psychosis and unfortunately there is no cure. .  But on the plus side, I can assure you that you will die quite early. You would be filled with the spirit and walk up to an Electric transformer and stick your pen'is/willy/joystick/blockus in one of the fuse ports and roast yourself. .

I suggest you stop self-medicating as there in no remedy for your situation. .
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by UyiIredia(m): 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2012
thehomer:

And people wonder why the non-religious sometimes get annoyed. You could have done what she did? You could have according to the article pulled out the tongue of a five year old child? What sort of person are you? After thinking you can do this, how can you also say that both condemn and not condemn her? That right there violates the law of non-contradiction.

so what ? It certainly doesn't violate the laws of identity & the excluded middle.

thehomer:
The holy spirit is always right it seems. I wonder if the people killed and in this instance, the child would agree with that.

Actually, the Holy Spirit can be wrong - on purpose or inadvertently. I certainly think the Holy Spirit is powerful enough to make mistakes. I can say this for the child: She would have been disappointed being killed by her aunt. I wonder though if you wouldn't say the child was brainwashed (like Isaac) if the aunt convinced her to allow herself be slaughtered in obedience to the Holy Spirit.

thehomer:
The holy spirit told you to jump in the lagoon? Are you sure about that? Did you hear the voice in your head at that time or did it sound like someone outside was speaking to you? Were you depressed? There are so many other possibilities that settling on the voice being from the holy spirit is curious.

Yes, the Holy Spirit. You could say it was the Devil though. I am very sure about that, recall me asking about hearing voices in my head.  I heard the voice in my head clearly. the voices I heard outside weren't important as at that time. Depressed ! Not quite. I certainly experience bouts of depression over my mum's death but I opine I handled it relatively better than say, a Shaka Zulu. I can imagine those possibilities Mr homer. I hope schizophrenia isn't one of 'em.

thehomer:
This is why I always point out that with God, all things are justifiable. Even the brutal killing of a 5 year old child. Who knows? Maybe the "prayer warrior" was just someone mentally ill whose illness was effectively shielded by her religious devotion. Or maybe she was a psychopath or something else but still, some think that being very religious should count for something here.

Anything is justifiable with God or Reason. Killings of children would have been justified under a wide variety of contexts. Even 18th-century England executed pre-teens. I have been classified as mentally ill before & I have been to a psychiatrist clinic, LASUTH to be precise. I made friends with most of the nurses & doctors there. I think it's very curious to note that the doctors (despite their religion) always want to reduce mental disorders to the physical (because that's how its done in the West) whereas that's very incorrect. One closer talk with the doctors you find that some believe that some mental disorders are paranormal yet these are ignored for obvious reasons. Anybody can become psychopathic. It isn't surprising that there are more religious psychopaths. The atheist community is small but growing, over time one can predict more atheist sociopaths.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by UyiIredia(m): 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2012
Okija_juju:
Oya, tell me what it is about your God that I dont know?! I dont know that the Holy Spirit that sent Abraham to kill his son, wipe out all first born sons of Egypt, Order the Genocide of all the original inhabitants of Cannan, that made serpents almost kill off the Isrealites?! Tell me what I dont know?! 

Did you forget the Holy Spirit stopped Abraham & sent a ram in the place of Isaac. Put simply, it changed it's mind. Did you forget that after wiping out the firstborn sons of Egypt new firstborn sons were birthed. Hell ! Even Jesus was taken to Egypt for safety's sake. Agreed. It ordered a mass genocide. You forget the ever-present possibility of escapees. Most of these tribes were distant kins of the Israelites who later endured. The Edomites, Moabites & the Chaldeans for example. The serpent stuff's unique. You see, in that incident, God violated his commandment on making no other gods. I asked myself why God would command that an idol serpent be made for the Israelites' healing. I think God was trying to make a point here. Put simply, the brass serpent was a foreshadow of the role Jesus Christ would later play. As for me, I know nothing. I talk a lot though.

Okija_juju:
Judas was a greedy bastard. .

I am too. I'd be my left ball$ that you're equally greedy.

Okija_juju:
I feel your energy on the subject matter. .  And like your take as well. . Cant quite place where you were heading but nonetheless, I feel you. .  Sorry bout your mum though!!

Thanks for the comment & the condolence. Where I'm headed (i.e my take on God) .  . . very tricky. I describe myself as a Christian pantheist.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by thehomer: 12:23am On Mar 08, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

so what ? It certainly doesn't violate the laws of identity & the excluded middle.

Actually, it does in a certain sense. Take a look here.

Uyi Iredia:

Actually, the Holy Spirit can be wrong - on purpose or inadvertently. I certainly think the Holy Spirit is powerful enough to make mistakes. I can say this for the child: She would have been disappointed being killed by her aunt. I wonder though if you wouldn't say the child was brainwashed (like Isaac) if the aunt convinced her to allow herself be slaughtered in obedience to the Holy Spirit.

You're accusing the holy spirit of being deliberately deceptive or ignorant. You believe the holy spirit can make mistakes, do you by any chance believe in the doctrine of the trinity with the idea of the holy spirit also being God?

Uyi Iredia:

Yes, the Holy Spirit. You could say it was the Devil though. I am very sure about that, recall me asking about hearing voices in my head.  I heard the voice in my head clearly. the voices I heard outside weren't important as at that time. Depressed ! Not quite. I certainly experience bouts of depression over my mum's death but I opine I handled it relatively better than say, a Shaka Zulu. I can imagine those possibilities Mr homer. I hope schizophrenia isn't one of 'em.

How do you know it was the holy spirit? Did it tell you? Also, hearing voices giving instructions of self harm is an important symptom of depression.

Uyi Iredia:

Anything is justifiable with God or Reason. Killings of children would have been justified under a wide variety of contexts. Even 18th-century England executed pre-teens. I have been classified as mentally ill before & I have been to a psychiatrist clinic, LASUTH to be precise. I made friends with most of the nurses & doctors there. I think it's very curious to note that the doctors (despite their religion) always want to reduce mental disorders to the physical (because that's how its done in the West) whereas that's very incorrect. One closer talk with the doctors you find that some believe that some mental disorders are paranormal yet these are ignored for obvious reasons. Anybody can become psychopathic. It isn't surprising that there are more religious psychopaths. The atheist community is small but growing, over time one can predict more atheist sociopaths.

Have you considered that it could be that in medicine, there is no reason to introduce the idea of a God? Some medical doctors in Nigeria simply expressing beliefs in line with their social milieu isn't sufficient evidence for one to think that the illness is paranormal. My point isn't that there religious people who are psychopathic, but that it is easy for religion to mask these problems.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by UyiIredia(m): 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
thehomer:

Actually, it does in a certain sense. Take a look here.

I looked. You conveniently forget that it doesn't violate the said laws in a certain sense. For example, [b]what I wrote is what I wrote & nothing else[/b] (law of identity) & what I wrote either is or not (law of the excluded middle). Unfortunately for you, what I wrote is.

thehomer:
You're accusing the holy spirit of being deliberately deceptive or ignorant. You believe the holy spirit can make mistakes, do you by any chance believe in the doctrine of the trinity with the idea of the holy spirit also being God?

Yes, the Holy Spirit can be ignorant or deceptive. It once tried to deceive & kill Moses. It made a cunning snake which deceived Eve, didn't it ? Very few people can handle this aspect of the Holy Spirit. It think the Holy Spirit foreknows it mistakes & has backup plans just in case. I believe in the doctrine of Trinity. The Holy Spirit is a mode (or expression) of God. For example: thehomer remains the same person as a child,a teenager or a man.

thehomer:
How do you know it was the holy spirit? Did it tell you? Also, hearing voices giving instructions of self harm is an important symptom of depression.

I know it was the Holy Spirit the same way you know your name. Of course, I was talking to it. If you saw my actions as at that time you would have considered it weird. As at the time I was hearing the voice I was manic, not depressed.

thehomer:
Have you considered that it could be that in medicine, there is no reason to introduce the idea of a God? Some medical doctors in Nigeria simply expressing beliefs in line with their social milieu isn't sufficient evidence for one to think that the illness is paranormal. My point isn't that there religious people who are psychopathic, but that it is easy for religion to mask these problems.

The reality of God is central to medicine. God prefers life to death, same goes for humans - except those with suicidal tendencies or serial killers. So what ? Some of these doctors & myself have witnessed paranormal incidents. A very common theme around paranormal stuff is how perception of time is distorted. Atheism can also mask psychopathic problems.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by Ptolomeus(m): 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2012
danochi7:

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT AN AUTHOR OF CONFUSION. WHATEVER SPOKE TO HER IS NOT OF GOD angry
Then You decide who does things? , If the Holy Spirit or the devil??
It is easy to blame everything on the devil right?
Who ordered the murder of an entire Egyptian people? (men women and children) was Satan?
His intervention produces laughter.
It is the eternal fanaticism can not think!
The fanaticism that makes them pay tithes, and upset people on the street under the guise of "saving souls".
But beware the example of the thread , that same murderous fanaticism too!
Murders in the name of Christ! as so often happened in history.
Leave you blind fanaticism that you will live in peace with you and the universe.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by thehomer: 7:12am On Mar 10, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I looked. You conveniently forget that it doesn't violate the said laws in a certain sense. For example, [b]what I wrote is what I wrote & nothing else[/b] (law of identity) & what I wrote either is or not (law of the excluded middle). Unfortunately for you, what I wrote is.

Again with the use-mention fallacy. I'm talking about the content of what you wrote not the fact that you wrote a sentence. Let me spell it out for you.

Based on the link I sent you to, all three laws of thought are correlates. You said you both condemn and not condemn the accused person. This is self contradictory since one either condemns someone or they do not. It is a true dichotomy unless you think condemnation means two different things. In that case, it would violate the law of identity.

Uyi Iredia:

Yes, the Holy Spirit can be ignorant or deceptive. It once tried to deceive & kill Moses. It made a cunning snake which deceived Eve, didn't it ? Very few people can handle this aspect of the Holy Spirit. It think the Holy Spirit foreknows it mistakes & has backup plans just in case. I believe in the doctrine of Trinity. The Holy Spirit is a mode (or expression) of God. For example: thehomer remains the same person as a child,a teenager or a man.

Oh? Is the devil now the Holy Spirit? I thought it was the devil as a talking serpent that deceived Eve. Maybe you should look closer at your Bible.
Your example is invalid here because the trinity is three different people while the homer is one entity over a time span. i.e, thehomer as a teenager and thehomer as a 9 year old cannot exist together in 2035 while your trinity can.

Uyi Iredia:

I know it was the Holy Spirit the same way you know your name. Of course, I was talking to it. If you saw my actions as at that time you would have considered it weird. As at the time I was hearing the voice I was manic, not depressed.

How I came to know my name was by learning it. People had to refer to me by that name for a while before I came to associate it with myself. Are you the Holy Spirit? Generally, when one hears voices encouraging self harm without the other symptoms of schizophrenia, the diagnosis is depression. The voices that may be heard in mania aren't really those of direct self harm.

Uyi Iredia:

The reality of God is central to medicine. God prefers life to death, same goes for humans - except those with suicidal tendencies or serial killers. So what ? Some of these doctors & myself have witnessed paranormal incidents. A very common theme around paranormal stuff is how perception of time is distorted. Atheism can also mask psychopathic problems.

The Christian God really like punishing and killing so your claimed preference of life is questionable. If humans prefer life, how then is God needed or central? How were these paranormal incidents examined? A lot of these so-called paranormal events have non-paranormal explanations. Also, perceived time distortion doesn't mean a claimed event was paranormal.
What sort of psychopathic problems do you have in mind?
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by UyiIredia(m): 4:28pm On Mar 17, 2012
thehomer:

Again with the use-mention fallacy. I'm talking about the content of what you wrote not the fact that you wrote a sentence. Let me spell it out for you.

I was also referring to the content of what I wrote too.

thehomer: Based on the link I sent you to, all three laws of thought are correlates. You said you both condemn and not condemn the accused person. This is self contradictory since one either condemns someone or they do not. It is a true dichotomy unless you think condemnation means two different things. In that case, it would violate the law of identity.

No. One can condemn & not condemn a person. That follows the law of identity & the excluded middle. It follows the la of identity because condemnation & non-condemnation is just that and nothing else. It follows the law of excluded middle because it is.

thehomer: Oh? Is the devil now the Holy Spirit? I thought it was the devil as a talking serpent that deceived Eve. Maybe you should look closer at your Bible.

Who said the Devil is the Holy Spirit ? Keep this clear in your mind. It was God who made the serpent which tricked Eve. You apparently didn't bother to research the part where God Himself tried to kill Moses. There is in even a part where God intentionally sent lying spirits to deceive a particular king.

thehomer: Your example is invalid here because the trinity is three different people while the homer is one entity over a time span. i.e, thehomer as a teenager and thehomer as a 9 year old cannot exist together in 2035 while your trinity can.

No ! The Trinity is about the same God expressed differently. thehomer the teenager & the 9 year old can coexist as personalities (which is what I was considering) in the year 2035. Have you even considered the fact that at a point God the Son never physically existed.

thehomer: How I came to know my name was by learning it. People had to refer to me by that name for a while before I came to associate it with myself. Are you the Holy Spirit? Generally, when one hears voices encouraging self harm without the other symptoms of schizophrenia, the diagnosis is depression. The voices that may be heard in mania aren't really those of direct self harm.

It's the same way I came o know about the Holy Spirit. I'm not the Holy Spirit. I'm sure I was in a manic state. If you think a manic state precludes voices that encourages self-harm you'll need to apprise yourself of psychological literature.

thehomer: The Christian God really like punishing and killing so your claimed preference of life is questionable. If humans prefer life, how then is God needed or central? How were these paranormal incidents examined? A lot of these so-called paranormal events have non-paranormal explanations. Also, perceived time distortion doesn't mean a claimed event was paranormal.

No He doesn't and He states this a lot. You really need to read the Bible well. I was talkinfg about God being the author of life. I think I've said enough about paranormal incidents. Put simply, I don't wish to drag the discussion over paranormal incidents.

thehomer: What sort of psychopathic problems do you have in mind?

Any one. The same goes for religion too.
Re: Holy Spirit Asked Me To Kill My Niece –suspect by thehomer: 8:14pm On Mar 19, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I was also referring to the content of what I wrote too.

No you weren't. Here is a direct quote from you.

Uyi Iredia:
I looked. You conveniently forget that it doesn't violate the said laws in a certain sense. For example, what I wrote is what I wrote & nothing else (law of identity) & what I wrote either is or not (law of the excluded middle). Unfortunately for you, what I wrote is.

You're referring to your post not its content.

Uyi Iredia:
No. One can condemn & not condemn a person. That follows the law of identity & the excluded middle. It follows the la of identity because condemnation & non-condemnation is just that and nothing else. It follows the law of excluded middle because it is.

Condemning and not condemning is a true dichotomy. One cannot do both at the same time.

Uyi Iredia:
Who said the Devil is the Holy Spirit ? Keep this clear in your mind. It was God who made the serpent which tricked Eve. You apparently didn't bother to research the part where God Himself tried to kill Moses. There is in even a part where God intentionally sent lying spirits to deceive a particular king.

Please go back and read your own words. You said the holy spirit made the snake. So the holy spirit and God are the same. This too goes against the law of thought. 1 person cannot also be not one person.

Uyi Iredia:
No ! The Trinity is about the same God expressed differently. thehomer the teenager & the 9 year old can coexist as personalities (which is what I was considering) in the year 2035. Have you even considered the fact that at a point God the Son never physically existed.

God isn't supposed to be a personality but an actual person or people.

Uyi Iredia:
It's the same way I came o know about the Holy Spirit. I'm not the Holy Spirit. I'm sure I was in a manic state. If you think a manic state precludes voices that encourages self-harm you'll need to apprise yourself of psychological literature.

How is it the same way? I just showed you how I came to know my own name but you're saying something else. Please read up on the signs and symptoms of mania. You could start here. If you have counter evidence, you're free to present it.

Uyi Iredia:
No He doesn't and He states this a lot. You really need to read the Bible well. I was talkinfg about God being the author of life. I think I've said enough about paranormal incidents. Put simply, I don't wish to drag the discussion over paranormal incidents.

Are you forgetting where he talks about the sorts of punishment he wants to inflict on people? Even if God were the author of life, how would this mean that he loves it?
Sure avoid defending your claims of these so called paranormal events.

Uyi Iredia:
Any one. The same goes for religion too.

Please tell me how atheism would mask problems like mania or full blown schizophrenia?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Seven (7) Best Nigerian Men Of God Starting 4rm D Best. / How Is Christmas Preparations In Your Location? / In Whose Name Do Atheist Swear In Court?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.