Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? (23521 Views)

Ojukwu vs Fela - Place your bets...... / Photo: Late M.K.O. Abiola In His Youthful Age / Activists Remember MKO Abiola Who Died 17 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Dede1(m): 5:19pm On Mar 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Abiola is influential among Nigerians even ibos were persuaded to vote for him while oju-iku is just an ibo thing hated by every other nigerian ethnic groups.why compare a coward with a man that won the best elections in nigeria ? Nonsense

I do not think you deserved even an innocuous tongue lashing. So enjoy the fo.ol’s delight.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 03, 2012
The joke is on you oldman.dont compare Abiola with an outcast !
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nchara: 5:31pm On Mar 03, 2012
Who is Abiola? A common drug pusher, a prisoner, a coup plotter and a wannabe failed president? I dey laff oh
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by udezue(m): 5:41pm On Mar 03, 2012
@ Bluerottentooth, look for 4kin moro.n I won't compare Chime Sullivan to Ojukwu for obvious reasons. If Abiola wasn't Yoruba would u care?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2012
Nchara:

Who is Abiola? A common drug pusher,  a prisoner, a coup plotter and a wannabe failed president? I dey laff oh

So oju-iku never intended to rule Nigeria,yet he was heading towards lagos to kill gowon abi ? Please dont compare a war criminal with Abiola !

udezue:

@ Bluerottentooth, look for 4kin moro.n I won't compare Chime Sullivan to Ojukwu for obvious reasons. If Abiola wasn't Yoruba would u care?

I have told you that your oju-iku is nothing but a local champion loved by only ibos but hated by all.so you okoros should deal with it !
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by rawmeat: 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2012
@dede1, both men are a part of our history so it is not a bad idea to find out which of them is more popular among Nigerians. We need to ask ourselves the sacrifice made by each of them, the ripple effect of what each did, etc
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2012
rawmeat:

@dede1, both men are a part of our history so it is not a bad idea to find out which of them is more popular among Nigerians. We need to ask ourselves the sacrifice made by each of them, the ripple effect of what each did, etc

If you havent killed before,dede will not recognize you as a hero !
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Igwe9(m): 6:02pm On Mar 03, 2012
Hmm, nairaland at it again, which one be abiola and ojukwu again?
to me Abiola was just a simple politician like others, though we did not get to know how good his policies would had been but ojukwu was a man that heeded to the cries of his people and decided to do something about it with the support of his people.

please note that to many of us, ojukwu burial represents his burial and the burial of all others that we lost to the war, I mean those that did not get a decent burial.

crymay ojukwu's soul and the souls of all the people that died during the war rest in perfect peace. cry Amen!
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2012
Igwe.:

Hmm, nairaland at it again, which one be abiola and ojukwu again?
to me Abiola was just a simple politician like others, though we did not get to know how good his policies would had been but ojukwu was a man that heeded to the cries of his people and decided to do something about it with the support of his people.

please note that to many of us, ojukwu burial represents his burial and the burial of all others that we lost to the war, I mean those that did not get a decent burial.

crymay ojukwu's soul and the souls of all the people that died during the war rest in perfect peace. cry Amen!

Abiola was not just a simple politician like the thievies you have in power now,he was outstanding ! Google his name if you want to know more about him.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by rhymz(m): 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2012
Abiola was just as corrupt as his backstabbing best friend IBB. He was killed like a Chicken and got a rushed burial. Abiola did not have the kind of leadership mantle Ikemba had, neither did he possess Ikemba's wits, courage intelligence, or political mastery. No one Nigerian commanded an undivided love and respect amongst his people like Ojukwu. Comparing Abiola to Ojukwu is like asking an autistic kid to prove Albert Eistein Law of relativity, you just have to let somethings slide unless you want him to catch a seizure in his attempt.
If you realy want to know a man's importance, wait until his death and see the people that attends his funeral.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Igwe9(m): 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Abiola was not just a  simple politician like the thievies you have in power now,he was outstanding ! Google his name if you want to know more about him.
Hmm, I even need google to know who Abiola was, ok Abiola, google here I come , return path http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/nmwpg1abioladeath.html.
<content too long>
but why did he accept the tea?  cry
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by cpatra(f): 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2012
Abiola, Ha ha ha pls spare me this laugh, how can you compare our hero Ikemba with such, Hmmm Ikemba was able to challenge those that claim to be in power to free his people, but Abiola kissed their as*es and got himself bleeped. The only yoruba that earned my respect was late Fela Kuti. I don't need to tell you how brave he was, strange that he was a yoruba known with cowardice. The papa might be an Igbo, who could tell.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Dede1(m): 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2012
rawmeat:

There is no common ground to instigate any form of comparison between Ojukwu and Abiola except they somehow shared nationality.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 03, 2012
Igwe.:

Hmm, I even need google to know who Abiola was, ok Abiola, google here I come , return path http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/nmwpg1abioladeath.html.
<content too long>
but why did he accept the tea?  cry

Everyone knows that Abiola during his campaign promised to seek 400 years reparation for Africa from british and other colonialist countries.He was seen as anti-west which was why he was poisoned by the Americans !
cpatra:

Abiola, Ha ha ha pls spare me this laugh, how can you compare our hero Ikemba with such, Hmmm Ikemba was able to challenge those that claim to be in power to free his people, but Abiola kissed their as*es and got himself bleeped. The only yoruba that earned my respect was late Fela Kuti. I don't need to tell you how brave he was, strange that he was a yoruba known with cowardice. The papa might be an Igbo, who could tell.

Aprt from his ethno-centri stance towards biafra,tell me how other ethnic groups benefitted from oju-iku ?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Igwe9(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Everyone knows that Abiola during his campaign promised to seek 400 years reparation for Africa from british and other colonialist countries.He was seen as anti-west which was why he was poisoned by the Americans !
Aprt from his ethno-centri stance towards biafra,tell me how other ethnic groups benefitted from oju-iku ?
he was killed just because he boasted of what he would do if he gets there? This America, they failed to realize that ''it is easier said than done'' when it comes to the african politics!  sad
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by cpatra(f): 7:15pm On Mar 03, 2012
@bluetooth
I don't ve to lecture you here, go and read Ojukwu's biography. He hated any form of injustice, from anybody and to anybody.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nchara: 7:20pm On Mar 03, 2012
Abiola was, in addition to being a drug-pushing corrupt man (ITT), an illiterate who could not read and write.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Dainfamous: 7:35pm On Mar 03, 2012
abiola upon he stole money allocated for ITT and enrich himself and marry his friend wives because he have money did a lot of dodgy things in politics and after all that he want to became the president sad Aso villa cant contain him and his concubines,that mean by now our money will be going on more occasions and marriages and owambe, our oil money will turn to another ITT angry
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nchara: 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2012
Does anyone have a single photo of Abiola's burial? Was he buried like Ojukwu with the creme-de-la-creme of the society in attendance?

I hear his kids are dying of hunger and doing 419 to survive.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by okosodo: 8:25pm On Mar 03, 2012
Nchara:

Does anyone have a single photo of Abiola's burial? Was he buried like Ojukwu with the creme-de-la-creme of the society in attendance?

I hear his kids are dying of hunger and doing 419 to survive.
. Dont say that MKO was equally great but not to the calibre of OJUKWU who even the weather dreads his presence
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by rhymz(m): 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2012
okosodo:

. Dont say that MKO was equally great but not to the calibre of OJUKWU who even the weather dreads his presence
Abiola was not in any sense of the word a hero. His after thoughts towards philantropy was political, he wanted to contest for elections, it only made sense that he engaged in philantropy. Even at that sef, Owelle Rochas outdid him in that aspect as well.
Ojukwu commanded real respect that was not bought by virtue of position or stolen money. Even non-igbos who do not neccessarily like or agrees with the Ikemba, genyinely respect him.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2012
@POSTER: didn't I warn you about this your thread and its potential for being tribalistic? But you didn't listen. Now see what you have caused!!

Nairaland na wa o!
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by babsjnr(m): 10:25pm On Mar 03, 2012
Olodo okoro monkey eater there's huge different between Christian and muslim Burial ceremony. Muslim buried don't waste time they buried they people asap.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Ngodigha1(m): 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2012
babsjnr:

Olodo okoro monkey eater there's huge different between Christian and muslim Burial ceremony. Muslim buried don't waste time they buried they people asap.
I have always known that you are a secondary school drop out.
Correct yourself. check out the bolded areas.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 11:02pm On Mar 03, 2012
Why una no tell me say this kain sweet thread dey

Ok Now to topic. Ojuku is way inferior to Abiola

Ojuku couldnt win an election in his senatorial district, Abiola was accepted by the whole country and won a presidential election

Ojuku fled when trouble came, and found solace in Abidjan
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Dainfamous: 11:08pm On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Ojuku couldnt win an election in his senatorial district, Abiola was accepted by the whole country and won a presidential election

Your ojukwu Abidjan joke is getting boring even though Abidjan got better infrastructure than SW STATES embarassed cant you find another joke or something? look at what cocoa money can do but your long throat for oil have turn you dumb

Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nchara: 11:09pm On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Abiola fled after his election was annulled. Why did he not stay? He came back and the rest is history. He is a true coward looking for a soft landing. Thank God for IBB we would have been saddled with an utterly corrupt thief for a president.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 11:13pm On Mar 03, 2012
read what a real warlord, Effiong had to say about Ojuku

When Biafra's military resistance collapsed, [size=28pt]Ojukwu fled to Côte d'Ivoire[/size].

Efiong assumed leadership in this situation of turmoil, starvation, and collapse. He became Head of State of Biafra on 8 January 1970 and on 12 January announced surrender.[1]

At the time of the surrender, Efiong believed that the situation was hopeless and that prolonging the conflict would have led only to the further destruction and starvation of the people of Biafra. At that time Effiong said, "I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end."[1]

Nnaemeka L. Aneke wrote, "General Efiong’s handling of Biafra’s surrender is one of the most tactical and devoted maneuvers ever seen on the Nigerian scene. Those who do not appreciate the depth of it may not have appreciated what was at stake as Biafra capitulated."[2] Many observers had expected wholesale retribution at war's end.
[edit]

Later life

In a 1996 interview, Efiong reflected on those events:

I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name. Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this, I mean Biafra and Nigeria. . . .

I felt that I played a role which has kept this country united till today. . . .

At the end of it all when I saw they (Biafran soldiers) could no longer continue and [size=28pt]Ojukwu had fled[/size], I did what was ideal after wide consultation . . . [2]

Efiong died 6 November 2003, at the age of 78 less than two weeks before his 79th birthday.

The b1nch fled the war front and left the populace to die

What a shame to war generals.

God bless Effiong a true general who waited not the biatch who fled
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Dainfamous: 11:16pm On Mar 03, 2012
^^

some yorobe lower class are the ones acting so bitter you no why? beacuse they were the unfortunate yorobe type your leaders you look up to will come out and praise oujkwu the war lord and make you lot the unfortunates  look "again" dumb angry angry sad
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 11:29pm On Mar 03, 2012
Instead of Ojuku to educate you, he fled to Abidjan
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by ACM10: 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2012
Now they are comparing Ojukwu with the midget, abiola. Next time they will say that Ojukwu is a soldier while the midget, abiola is a civilian
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by ACM10: 11:43pm On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

dayokanu:

[size=18pt]Let's remember that these Yoruba cowards fled at the sight of their shadows after June 12: grin

1. Bola Tinubu (Senator)

2. Tokunbo Afikuyomi, a member of the former House of Representatives.

3. Alani Akinrinade (Second Republic defense boss)

4. Wole Soyinka (Nobel prize winner in literature)

5. THOUSANDS OF Yoruba LEADERS AND INTELLECTUALS WHO FLED AND BECAME REFUGEES DURING JUNE 12 SAGA[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled / We Won’t Fund Your Census - US To Nigeria / Suspected Killers Of Olumide Odimayo Who Was Kidnapped In Ondo, Paraded. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.