Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? (23524 Views)

Ojukwu vs Fela - Place your bets...... / Photo: Late M.K.O. Abiola In His Youthful Age / Activists Remember MKO Abiola Who Died 17 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by OpsE1: 10:42am On Mar 05, 2012
Just wondering what this topic tend to achieve.
I think Nigerians need to spend energy in productive things and not idle, senseless beer parlour discussion like this.
I'm out of this place, there are better things to do with my time.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by crackhouse(m): 10:45am On Mar 05, 2012
Oya, the Nairaland tribalists dey don open una cage again. Make una start the online tribal war now. An opportunity has been given to y'all by nairaland
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 05, 2012
The Ibos are funny set of people, "They celebrate the death of their people better than when he/she was alive" That's the typical ibo man mentality, Am not surprised.

Well am not here to compare: Am here to justify the burial of MKO and he was buried according to Muslim rites, Bloody illiterates. undecided
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Ngodigha1(m): 11:18am On Mar 05, 2012
Why was it a taboo to bury Abiola in his ancestral land of Abeokuta. Becaused he sinned against the land and humanity. One word for the Yorubas, remember to take his bones from Lagos when the Aworis chase you out of their land.
What a shame that Abiola was buried in a rented house in Lagos.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by onyengbu: 11:19am On Mar 05, 2012
Ijogz K:

The Ibos are funny set of people, "They celebrate the death of their people better than when he/she was alive" That's the typical ibo man mentality,  Am not surprised.

Well am not here to compare: Am here to justify the burial of MKO and[b] he was buried according to Muslim rites[/b], Bloody illiterates.  undecided
Does that include mutilating his body and crude autopsy like they did?  

Seems you guys have a different explanation to muslim rites cos mutilation and body part removal aint none of it.

if you are in doubt click the link below:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/front-page-articles/4725-mkos-brain-heart-other-internal-organs-removed-family-thats-not-true-nothing-was-removed-ore-falomo

Edited: Rest in peace MKO
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by LEXYLOV: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2012
There are many factors that proven Abiola popularity than Ojukwu. Ojukwu was a Military Dictator while Abiola was a bloody civilian. In times of popularity, ojukwu gained his world wide famous through his rebellion against his country and fought one of the Africa most brutal war with his is own army through some defector renegade igbo soldiers. While MKO gained his own popularity through his amazing wealth, he was an industrialist, professional business man, most of all his well known charitable work gained world wide recognition and that make him a first Africa man to be invited into white house of America administration. He was also a successful politician who won the most freest and popular presidential election in nigerian history. while ojukwu was unable to won even a senate seat election he proposed, talk less of his presidential ambition through his party. I wonder why igbos so much feel his death, Because he didn't even won any majority among the igbos when seeking for senate/president office. That should make the difference is very clear. MKO score the mark. wink
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Ngodigha1(m): 11:28am On Mar 05, 2012
LEXYLOV:

There are many factors that proven Abiola popularity than Ojukwu. Ojukwu was a Military Dictator while Abiola was a bloody civilian. In times of popularity, ojukwu gained his world wide famous through his rebellion against his country and fought one of the Africa most brutal war with his is own army through some defector renegade igbo soldiers. While MKO gained his own popularity through his amazing wealth, he was an industrialist, professional business man, most of all his well known charitable work gained world wide recognition and that make him a first Africa man to be invited into white house of America administration. He was also a successful politician who won the most freest and popular presidential election in nigerian history. while ojukwu was unable to won even a senate seat election he proposed, talk less of his presidential ambition through his party. I wonder why igbos so much feel his death, Because he didn't even won any majority among the igbos when seeking for senate/president office. That should make the difference is very clear. MKO score the mark. wink
answer the question before your post.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 05, 2012
LEXYLOV:

Shut ur trap, ask your dad about histories, not cock and bull stories
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2012
FACTS:

M.K.O: Fought for Nigeria. .  (Democracy)
Ojukwu: Fought for Ndi Igbos (Secession)

M.K.O: Won the freest and Fairest elections ever held in Nigerias History.
Ojukwu: Lost the only war ever fought in Nigerias History.

M.K.O: Was a fearless man as evidenced by his proclaiming his mandate even in the face of Death and Jail. . .
Ojukwu: Was a coward who fled to Ivory Coast by Night when the Nigerian forces were closing in on him. .

M.K.O: Lost his wife to the bullet of an assasin in the struggle for Democracy. . . (Kudirat)
Ojukwu: Returned from exile to marry the teenageEx Nigerian Beauty queen daughter of his Childhood Best friend Chief C.C. Onoh . . . . (Bianca)

M.K.O: = June 12
Ojukwu: =

M.K.O: Died in the struggle and like a true Hero never gave up the struggle. Proclaimed his mandate until death. Never negotiated with the govt. .
Ojukwu: Died like a common man in London. .  Surrendered when he ran away and negotiated with the enemy when he got his pardon in 1982. .

M.K.O: June 12 = Public Holidays in Lagos and Ondo. .  Locally & Internationally recognized date. .
Ojukwu:

M.K.O: Affected the lives of the ordinary Nigerians from every tribe by making avaliable Cheap books, food, daily necessities. .  e.g Cowbell (Our Milk)
Ojukwu: Really did nothing for Nigerians let alone Ndi Igbo. Would only be remembered for starting a war which he ran away from. Also for having the second highest number of lost elections after Buhari. . 

M.K.O: Loved by all through all ethnicity
Ojukwu: Loved by predominantly Igbos

I really dont know. . .  Judge for yourself. . .
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by rhemal: 11:39am On Mar 05, 2012
i dunno y alot of pple hv turned this simple topic 2 a battlefield?to me,both men served their purpose&calling in life.y drink pandol 4 anoda man's headache.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 11:41am On Mar 05, 2012
Okija_juju:

FACTS:

M.K.O: Fought for Nigeria. .  (Democracy)
Ojukwu: Fought for Ndi Igbos (Secession)

M.K.O: Won the freest and Fairest elections ever held in Nigerias History.
Ojukwu: Lost the only war ever fought in Nigerias History.

M.K.O: Was a fearless man as evidenced by his proclaiming his mandate even in the face of Death and Jail. . .
Ojukwu: Was a coward who fled to Ivory Coast by Night when the Nigerian forces were closing in on him. .

M.K.O: Lost his wife to the bullet of an assasin in the struggle for Democracy. . . (Kudirat)
Ojukwu: Returned from exile to marry the teenageEx Nigerian Beauty queen daughter of his Childhood Best friend Chief C.C. Onoh . . . . (Bianca)

M.K.O: = June 12
Ojukwu: =

M.K.O: Died in the struggle and like a true Hero never gave up the struggle. Proclaimed his mandate until death. Never negotiated with the govt. .
Ojukwu: Died like a common man in London. .  Surrendered when he ran away and negotiated with the enemy when he got his pardon in 1982. .

M.K.O: June 12 = Public Holidays in Lagos and Ondo. .  Locally & Internationally recognized date. .
Ojukwu:

M.K.O: Affected the lives of the ordinary Nigerians from every tribe by making avaliable Cheap books, food, daily necessities. .  e.g Cowbell (Our Milk)
Ojukwu: Really did nothing for Nigerians let alone Ndi Igbo. Would only be remembered for starting a war which he ran away from. Also for having the second highest number of lost elections after Buhari. . 

hmmmm
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by drstone1: 11:45am On Mar 05, 2012
I WONDER WHAT the POSTER  of this TOPIC WANTED TO ACHIEVE BY THIS COMPARISON BETWEEN MKO & OJUKWU.  I am For Neither.  They both impacted their spheres of influence in  unique Ways. HOwever, I will love my IGbo bothers to drink from the CUP of Truth. I hope every sincere IGbo man can Learn from this Ozodi Thomas Guy.(check my earlier posts) If care is not taken,by the way younger Igbo generation are going, they may repeat the Pride and Arrogance that saw them loose in a shameful way in BIAFRA despite having initial sympathy!  The PROUD and BOASTFUL nature of the IGBO man is Abhorrent and Reprehensible. you find this trait even in the most illiterate and poor amongst them. Talkless when he has a little money, that Complex will become too obvious.  Even in their marriages, should an Ibo Woman be financially privileged more than her husband, she becomes untameable. I have actually counselled a lot in this area. Think of it, if Nigeria actually Breaks up eventually where will ALL the IgBO go??. , They have no land that can contain them and we all how they fight amongst themselves for the available parches of land that have not suffered Erosion. Would they migrate to Ijaw, Efik or Bini territory or even the Yoruba they are subtly denigrating in their numbers, Can you imagine what social tensions it will create?Huh When whole masses of People begin to compete for finite resources of Land, Jobs, Markets, Businesses, Political Appointments with other people, and IN THEIR TERRITORIES. I dont want to even imagine what will happen, not especially with the prevailing Igbo man's psychology and the negative stories their parents fed into them after the WAR!  We should thank God for a forum like NAiraland which any discerning reader might come to and feel the pulse of how different people really feel on issues., ,  and be Guided. One of my mentors told me of why the minority tribes hate the Igbo man during the War!,, The Igbo Man's Arrogance! As a non IBO it was difficult for him to Enter UNN in The Early 70's despite being from the East; But UI offered them a place. During the War, the igbo men who were in Majority began to extinguish their few enlightened SOns in hope of A complete TakeOver and domination Were Biafra to have succeeded, it was some of these neigbours that correctly interpreted the intentions of Ojukwu who swung to the nigerian side and showed the nigerian army the secret paths to Igbo land. BIAFRA is A FAILED IDEA- and it is ignominously represented by the Picture of starving Biafrans and OJUKWU FLEEING AWAY IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT disGUISED as a WOMAN!! What a Shame!!   The  IGBO should not mistake the Solidarity and Support from Southern Minorities for stupidity.  Before, you leap, watch! I think that while the igbo may be Industrious and action oriented, they Lack people Skills and social culture to win others especially wherever you have a sizeable number of them or where they have a little money to throw around- It is ALWAYS their Achilles Heel, hope they guide against this. PRIDE always goes before a FALL!!
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 11:47am On Mar 05, 2012
Ikemba remains great even in death, its only Mandela and Zik that can only be compared to Ojukwu in whole of Africa. Abiolaa was slaughtered by the ordinary almajiri and was badly mutilated for ritual purposes by the almajiris. Afterwards the yorooba leaders were giving bribe to shutup. Yoroobas are the worst thing that happened to this country.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 11:50am On Mar 05, 2012

[quote][/quote]

Alh Haram, you have spitted poo. Igbos never liked Abioala. The whole of East was thrown into celebration when the news of Abioala being slaughtered by the almajiris filtered in. He was a criminal, just like Awoalowoa and Tinubo.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2012
chino11:

I really dont know. . . Judge for yourself. . .

Alh Haram, you have spitted poo. Igbos never liked Abioala. The whole of East was thrown into celebration when the news of Abioala being slaughtered by the almajiris filtered in. He was a criminal, just like Awoalowoa and Tinubo.

I cant believe I just heard this!!

So why do you lose sleep when others celebrate the death of the cowardly Biafran run-away leader?! undecided
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 05, 2012
OJUKWU ABIOLA

His father was d richest in Nigeria,   Father, Abiokuta farmer
@ 10 yrs slap a white man for discrimination,  History not know
@ 22 yrs grad at Oxford University,  Was never educated
@ 30, bcom Defunct estern governor , Was nobody
@ 33, Spend his personal whealth to save his ppl , was nobody
   from genocide( Biafra war)
@50 Chilling in Abijan watching Nigeria destryed by   Abiola was one of the Thieves (ITT)
thieves  
By 1992 Chilling in his Country-yard laughing Nigeria By 1992  was prisoned by his co-Thiefs
By 1993 Enjoying his Fame ,  By 1993 In prison like any common Criminal
By 2012 Declared by the whole world as A HERO,  ?? ( Alaye father)
By 2012 Given a National Burial , Given an area boys Burial
By 2012 Buried in his Country Home,  1993 Buried in rented House
Will ever be in Nigerian History, Just remember in Political History( His favourite quote:"I will fire u, I will water u, i will
                                                                                             Transport you, and i will feed u"beni
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Demily(m): 11:59am On Mar 05, 2012
how on earth can u compare ojukwu wit abiola. Abiola was a gud man, he won d freest nd fairest election in nigeria which means yorubas, igbos,hausas, muslims nd christians voted 4 him. Bt ojukwu onli av d interest of igbos. Nd on d burial issue, Awolowo was d man in nigeria who had d most befeatin buria nd daz becaus he was a christian bt mko was a muslim which doz nt allow 4 2much ceremony in d name of burial.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2012
Okija_juju:

I cant believe I just heard this!!

So why do you lose sleep when others celebrate the death of the cowardly Biafran run-away leader?!  undecided

Ikemba can only be compared to great Zik and Mandela. Awoalowoa and Abioala can not even rival any prominent Igboman, they are both area boys 'alayes",  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 05, 2012
Demily:

how on earth can u compare ojukwu wit abiola. Abiola was a gud man, he won d freest nd fairest election in nigeria which means yorubas, igbos,hausas, muslims nd christians voted 4 him. Bt ojukwu onli av d interest of igbos. Nd on d burial issue, Awolowo was d man in nigeria who had d most befeatin buria nd daz becaus he was a christian bt mko was a muslim which doz nt allow 4 2much ceremony in d name of burial.

@ The bolded, Shut up, I was at Odogbolu when he was buried, I was in FEGO at that time, Back to the Topic Ojukwu was fighting for the whole nation because the contry called Nigeria is a Sham, cant you get it ODE undecided, How do you reason?. How did MKO make his money, was ABACHA and IBB not his business associates still they killed him because they know he was a common and international Thief thief grin
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by jaybee3(m): 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2012
looool
una no go kill person for dis una nairaland
Make these people rest for wherever dem dey nau. Haba grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 05, 2012
Lets be objective here.
Come to tink of it, Abiola was rich and popular just like "aliko dangote" of 2day, the one thing dat made him more popular was his death just lyk bola ige not his influence, he had no real influence in Nigeria.
But Ojukwu fought for justice, freedom, e.t.c. And showed the Northerners that Igbos are nt pple u can just treat anyhow, why do u tink Obasanjo ruled very well when he was a military president, compare Ojukwu to pple lyk Mandela, Martin luther king jr., Awolowo, Azikwe, who were freedom fighters and not som rich dude.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by emmatok(m): 1:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
MKO Abiola is a Nigerian, Referenced  by Nigerians except Ibos

Ikemba Ojukwu is a BIAFRAN , Referenced by only Ibos.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Ozichim(m): 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2012
Please lets stop this.
This two people cannot be compared. Ojukwu took brave step to stop the pogrom against his people. He risked his life for all.
Abiola was only struggling to become a Nigeria president and died in it.
Please why and how can we compare the two.
I see this as an insult to we blacks, they don't seem to have some moral values anylonger. Even up to this point some people cannot see why the two cannot be compared simply because Ojukwu is not a Yoruba.
Tell me which wicked fellow will be angry with Ojukwu for deciding to stop the pogrom by himself since the federal government could not stop it.

Some have already said that if they were in Ojukwu's shoe then; they would have done the samething. Some Nigerians are deliberately wicked. You don't see any value on anybody except it benefit you. Abiola cannot be conpared to Ojukwu. Ojukwu lived for the aspiration of his people, Yorubas should tell us wheather Abiola did the same.

Don't use election or politics as a judge because election can be false especially in Nigeria and it is not a true test.
Let us know if you don't know that Abiola is corrupt together with Nigeria political leaders.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2012
How can we compare some coward who fled and left his people to die to someone who died for what he believed in?

How can we compare someone who won elections in the whole country to someone who cant win his own street?

Ojuku was a coward, and a non-entity in his backyard

His people were so glad to celebrate the death of a coward
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
dr stone:

I WONDER WHAT the POSTER  of this TOPIC WANTED TO ACHIEVE BY THIS COMPARISON BETWEEN MKO & OJUKWU.  I am For Neither.  They both impacted their spheres of influence in  unique Ways. HOwever, I will love my IGbo bothers to drink from the CUP of Truth. I hope every sincere IGbo man can Learn from this Ozodi Thomas Guy.(check my earlier posts) If care is not taken,by the way younger Igbo generation are going, they may repeat the Pride and Arrogance that saw them loose in a shameful way in BIAFRA despite having initial sympathy!  The PROUD and BOASTFUL nature of the IGBO man is Abhorrent and Reprehensible. you find this trait even in the most illiterate and poor amongst them. Talkless when he has a little money, that Complex will become too obvious.  Even in their marriages, should an Ibo Woman be financially privileged more than her husband, she becomes untameable. I have actually counselled a lot in this area. Think of it, if Nigeria actually Breaks up eventually where will ALL the IgBO go??. , They have no land that can contain them and we all how they fight amongst themselves for the available parches of land that have not suffered Erosion. Would they migrate to Ijaw, Efik or Bini territory or even the Yoruba they are subtly denigrating in their numbers, Can you imagine what social tensions it will create?Huh When whole masses of People begin to compete for finite resources of Land, Jobs, Markets, Businesses, Political Appointments with other people, and IN THEIR TERRITORIES. I dont want to even imagine what will happen, not especially with the prevailing Igbo man's psychology and the negative stories their parents fed into them after the WAR!  We should thank God for a forum like NAiraland which any discerning reader might come to and feel the pulse of how different people really feel on issues., ,  and be Guided. One of my mentors told me of why the minority tribes hate the Igbo man during the War!,, The Igbo Man's Arrogance! As a non IBO it was difficult for him to Enter UNN in The Early 70's despite being from the East; But UI offered them a place. During the War, the igbo men who were in Majority began to extinguish their few enlightened SOns in hope of A complete TakeOver and domination Were Biafra to have succeeded, it was some of these neigbours that correctly interpreted the intentions of Ojukwu who swung to the nigerian side and showed the nigerian army the secret paths to Igbo land. BIAFRA is A FAILED IDEA- and it is ignominously represented by the Picture of starving Biafrans and OJUKWU FLEEING AWAY IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT disGUISED as a WOMAN!! What a Shame!!   The  IGBO should not mistake the Solidarity and Support from Southern Minorities for stupidity.  Before, you leap, watch! I think that while the igbo may be Industrious and action oriented, they Lack people Skills and social culture to win others especially wherever you have a sizeable number of them or where they have a little money to throw around- It is ALWAYS their Achilles Heel, hope they guide against this. PRIDE always goes before a FALL!!
dr fool,u r d best defintion of hyprocrisy.who do u think u can feed ur trash to,frm ur cup of bullshits, we dont nid it.go ask ur useless tribalist to drink 4rm ur cup of poison,u double faced bloody bastard.cant bliv u typed ol dos nonsense xpectin us to bliv u, Zap off u bloody epileptic beast of burden!
@ op,no nid of sayin who z more popular cos its a waste of tyme here, may dia souls R.I.P z ol i can say
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Ozichim(m): 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2012
dayokanu:

How can we compare some coward who fled and left his people to die to someone who died for what he believed in?

How can we compare someone who won elections in the whole country to someone who cant win his own street?

Ojuku was a coward, and a non-entity in his backyard

His people were so glad to celebrate the death of a coward

"dayokanu" don't be too pationate about the whole thing. you seem to know too little. becarefull not to make the mistake of your uncle Benj. Adekunle. Are you abusing Ojukwu becouse he defended his people, or becouse he was bold to always tell the Igbos what to do for their interest? Or are you angry that Ojukwu went to exile after the war. Let us know why you are angry with Ojukwu and the Igbos?
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Niseamaka(m): 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2012
kayci_d77:

OJUKWU                                                                         ABIOLA

His father was d richest in Nigeria,                                         Father, Abiokuta farmer
@ 10 yrs slap a white man for discrimination,                         History not know
@ 22 yrs grad at Oxford University,                                        Was never educated
@ 30, bcom Defunct estern governor ,                                    Was nobody
@ 33, Spend his personal whealth to save his ppl ,                was nobody
   from genocide( Biafra war)
@50 Chilling in Abijan watching Nigeria destryed by             Abiola was one of the Thieves (ITT)
thieves  
By 1992 Chilling in his Country-yard laughing Nigeria           By 1992  was prisoned by his co-Thiefs
By 1993 Enjoying his Fame ,                                                 By 1993 In prison like any common Criminal
By 2012 Declared by the whole world as A HERO,                ?? ( Alaye father)
By 2012 Given a National Burial ,                                          Given an area boys Burial
By 2012 Buried in his Country Home,                                   1993 Buried in rented House
Will ever be in Nigerian History,                                           Just remember in Political History( His favourite quote:"I will fire u, I will water u, i will
                                                                                             Transport you, and i will feed u"beni

grin
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2012
Ozichim:

"dayokanu" don't be too pationate about the whole thing. you seem to know too little. becarefull not to make the mistake of your uncle Benj. Adekunle. Are you abusing Ojukwu becouse he defended his people, or becouse he was bold to always tell the Igbos what to do for their interest? Or are you angry that Ojukwu went to exile after the war. Let us know why you are angry with Ojukwu and the Igbos?

I am angry that Ojuku led 3 million innocent to their death and fled the war. Thats treachery and cowardice
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by emmatok(m): 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2012
Ozichim:

Please lets stop this.
This two people cannot be compared. Ojukwu took brave step to stop the pogrom against his people. He risked his life for all.
Abiola was only struggling to become a Nigeria president and died in it.
Please why and how can we compare the two.
I see this as an insult to we blacks, they don't seem to have some moral values anylonger. Even up to this point some people cannot see why the two cannot be compared simply because Ojukwu is not a Yoruba.
Tell me which wicked fellow will be angry with Ojukwu for deciding to stop the pogrom by himself since the federal government could not stop it.

Some have already said that if they were in Ojukwu's shoe then; they would have done the samething. Some Nigerians are deliberately wicked. You don't see any value on anybody except it benefit you. Abiola cannot be conpared to Ojukwu. Ojukwu lived for the aspiration of his people, Yorubas should tell us wheather Abiola did the same.

Don't use election or politics as a judge because election can be false especially in Nigeria and it is not a true test.
Let us know if you don't know that Abiola is corrupt together with Nigeria political leaders.

Ojukwu fought for his people(Igbo) and it end .

MKO Abiola is the name behind the Nigerian Democracy.

Nigeria never believe in elections until JUNE,12 1993 and that was the catalyst for our current Democracy.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Ozichim(m): 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2012
dayokanu:

I am angry that Ojuku led 3 million innocent to their death and fled the war. Thats treachery and cowardice

You are not sincere at all. Be serious, People are being massacred all you have to say is that the person that said no to that has committed a crime pls. Explain your self and be objective about that. and if you have not reason, you may not say anything since we are not in a child play.
The Igbos has to kill some people also so as to protect themself from pogrom.

Please, don't attribute democracy to Abiola for we have been having democracy before then.
You don't know why IBB rejected Abiola from taking the mandate. and I'm sure if I tell you why he did that you will start another abuse on people.
Stop attributing heroism to people without proper reason.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by Ozichim(m): 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
dr stone:

I WONDER WHAT the POSTER of this TOPIC WANTED TO ACHIEVE BY THIS COMPARISON BETWEEN MKO & OJUKWU. I am For Neither. They both impacted their spheres of influence in unique Ways. HOwever, I will love my IGbo bothers to drink from the CUP of Truth. I hope every sincere IGbo man can Learn from this Ozodi Thomas Guy.(check my earlier posts) If care is not taken,by the way younger Igbo generation are going, they may repeat the Pride and Arrogance that saw them loose in a shameful way in BIAFRA despite having initial sympathy! The PROUD and BOASTFUL nature of the IGBO man is Abhorrent and Reprehensible. you find this trait even in the most illiterate and poor amongst them. Talkless when he has a little money, that Complex will become too obvious. Even in their marriages, should an Ibo Woman be financially privileged more than her husband, she becomes untameable. I have actually counselled a lot in this area. Think of it, if Nigeria actually Breaks up eventually where will ALL the IgBO go??. , They have no land that can contain them and we all how they fight amongst themselves for the available parches of land that have not suffered Erosion. Would they migrate to Ijaw, Efik or Bini territory or even the Yoruba they are subtly denigrating in their numbers, Can you imagine what social tensions it will create?Huh When whole masses of People begin to compete for finite resources of Land, Jobs, Markets, Businesses, Political Appointments with other people, and IN THEIR TERRITORIES. I dont want to even imagine what will happen, not especially with the prevailing Igbo man's psychology and the negative stories their parents fed into them after the WAR! We should thank God for a forum like NAiraland which any discerning reader might come to and feel the pulse of how different people really feel on issues., , and be Guided. One of my mentors told me of why the minority tribes hate the Igbo man during the War!,, The Igbo Man's Arrogance! As a non IBO it was difficult for him to Enter UNN in The Early 70's despite being from the East; But UI offered them a place. During the War, the igbo men who were in Majority began to extinguish their few enlightened SOns in hope of A complete TakeOver and domination Were Biafra to have succeeded, it was some of these neigbours that correctly interpreted the intentions of Ojukwu who swung to the nigerian side and showed the nigerian army the secret paths to Igbo land. BIAFRA is A FAILED IDEA- and it is ignominously represented by the Picture of starving Biafrans and OJUKWU FLEEING AWAY IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT disGUISED as a WOMAN!! What a Shame!! The IGBO should not mistake the Solidarity and Support from Southern Minorities for stupidity. Before, you leap, watch! I think that while the igbo may be Industrious and action oriented, they Lack people Skills and social culture to win others especially wherever you have a sizeable number of them or where they have a little money to throw around- It is ALWAYS their Achilles Heel, hope they guide against this. PRIDE always goes before a FALL!!

There are so many mischievous people in this country. Stop deceiving yourself I know you are crying for being a Nigeria but you have no option the oil must be for everybody. Infact the Yorubas, Hausas and including the Igbos etc. will keep benefitting from the oil weather you like it or not. And only you will surfer the ugly effect letter. There is no going back and no body will divide this country. I love this country but I hate evil people like you that keep working against this country on background. It does not matter what you say, anything false is false.
You and you likes are failure, this country will bless the sincere and good people in it.
Re: Ikemba Ojukwu Vs M.K.O Abiola: Who Is More Popular In Nigeria? by juman(m): 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
Ikemba only popular in south east.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abubakar Sani-Bello Visits The General Hospital Surprisingly (PHOTOS) / We Won’t Fund Your Census - US To Nigeria / Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.