Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible (11650 Views)

Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation / Buhari’s 10 Major Independence Day Quotes - The Nation / Jonathan’s Letter On Constitution Amendment Shocks Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by Jettage: 4:08am On Mar 04, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan has congratulated Pastor Enoch Adeboye on the occasion of his 70th birthday.
The president in his letter described pastor Adeboye as a truly inspirational and inspiring leader who has dedicated his life to service in the vineyard of the Lord.
He also described the phenomenal growth of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, (RCCG) as a clear testimony of God’s hand upon the pastor's life and his productive leadership qualities.
He also commended the General Overseer of RCCG for his spiritual and prayerful support to the nation’s leadership at all levels.
"As you attain the highly symbolic landmark age of three-score-and-ten on Friday, March 2, 2012, it is with profound joy that I write on behalf of my family, the Government and people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and on my own behalf, to express very warm felicitations to you.
"You have lived a truly inspirational and inspiring life of dedicated service in the vineyard of the Lord. Rising above the limitations of a background of deprivation to thrive in academics before going into full time ministry, the phenomenal growth of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, of which you are the General Overseer, clearly testifies to God’s hand upon your life and your productive leadership qualities.
"In these critical times in Nigeria’s developmental history, we need, more than ever before, to seek the face of the Lord. Your readiness at all times to offer spiritual and prayerful support to the nation’s leadership at all levels deserves special commendation.
"As your celebrate this historic day with your nuclear family, your numerous children-in the-Lord, friends and well-wishers, I would like to paraphrase Apostle Paul in his second letter to Timothy by praying that Almighty God continues to empower you to successfully fight the good fight, fruitfully run the course, and continue to keep the faith, until that day when you shall receive the crown of righteousness laid up for you," the president said.

http://akinbami..com/2012/03/presidents-letter-to-adeboye-continuing.html
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/38395-adeboye-a-truly-inspirational-leader-jonathan.html

Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by lagcity(m): 4:19am On Mar 04, 2012
Dear President Jonathan,

Pastor Adeboye is too expensive for you. I can offer you spiritual guidance and support for just $10,000 a month. Holla at your boy wink.

ps: if you don't take this offer, i'll give all my juju to timipre silva. and u know that nigga don't like u. go figure.
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by Leemak: 2:43pm On Mar 04, 2012
dts wot he knows best sending birthday msg & attending funerals, what do u expect 4rm a drunkard fisherman?, a failing presido!
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by xammy(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2012
Happy Birthhday papa GO
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by blackboi(m): 2:52pm On Mar 04, 2012
I don't knw what to say, yet,
still nursing the painful loss of Perx (f) in UBTH embarassed
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by tEsLim(m): 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2012
Dude is just stupid and ignorant. I wonder how they say he got a PHD.
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by oladayo042: 3:58pm On Mar 04, 2012
Seest thou a man diligent in his works, ,
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by WebSurfer(m): 4:19pm On Mar 04, 2012
lolll
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by antartica(m): 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2012
Is the picture of gej kneeling before adeboye real or photoshop?
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by FlyboyZee: 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2012
This goes out to all GEJ haters:

Fact: Many of you are not leaders and would never be in leadership position till the day you die.

Reminder: GEJ is our President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Educationally: Getting a PhD is a book book thing and not by eloquence or bravado. Many of you saying stuff about him behave as if they have not gone through any form of schooling. I would have called all of you illiterates, but for the fact that you could at least log on to Nairaland and type, means you are educated. And if you went to university, especially in Nigeria, let me ask you this question: Was it only the most strongest, the most eloquent, the most popular, the most stylish, the most glamorous, the most influential, the most brave or the most grammatic students that graduated from your class? My guess is as good as yours. NO.

Religious: I am also very sure that the Bible commands us to give respect to those in authority, that was why Christ never confronted the Government of the day,. The Bible rather admonish that we pray for them always. I am no authority in the Qu'ran, but, I know that the Moslems believe that power comes only from God and he gives it to those he has found deserving of it. For the records, I have not found any religion, be it orthodox or traditional that is confrontational to any legitimate government.

And Now To You GEJ Haters: I am sure you don't have a PhD shocked and God has not find you worthy to entrust power unto you. So, it is very easy to see how worthless you are.

My Advice: Pray for your leaders always, they need your every support and also PRAY that God finds you worthy of becoming a leader someday. No hating, just my ten cents.
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by TenKobo1: 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2012
Jonathan i wish you show a little mercy to the nation and disappear, i mean vanish.
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by Beaf: 5:08pm On Mar 04, 2012
@Flyboy Zee

Don't waste your time with certain types.
Winshes must fly like winshes, if not how will we know they have no upbringing?
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by yucww210: 5:21pm On Mar 04, 2012
That's good question that I would like to know as well! [img]http://gbielin.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by antartica(m): 5:26pm On Mar 04, 2012
Phd qualification of people like gej is not as qualitative as that toddlers in reception level in functional societies.His kneeling before that man shows his fundamental ignorance and hos total bow to darkness and irrationality.
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by jidewin(m): 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2012
Where in God's name did the poster got the message from?
I was at the service when minister Aganga made the presentation in a closed envelope and he clearly announced it as a PRIVATE MESSAGE to which pastor responded I will 'reply him too PRIVATELY'.
Perhaps poster could shed more light on the source.
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by Leemak: 5:46pm On Mar 04, 2012
@flyboy zee, Ur post reflects effects of low level of education in ur areas, look here i served in bayelsa as a corper, is hardly to find a graduate 4rm ur undeveloped communities, if u ar really educated enof & civilised to some extent how could a president with unconfirmed Phd kneeling down infront of a pastor, mr slowpoke av u ever seen other knowlegeable presidents of other countries behaving irrationally like dis drunkard fisherman?
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by antartica(m): 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2012
Like a baby sulkin-g up to his/her mother's breast milk running a country.He looks lost,helpless and misinformed,same are all socalled nigerian elites.Baby elders.
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by klerry(m): 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2012
This picture isn't recent- It was at the Holy ghost congress in December 2010. I don't think there's anything bad in him kneeling down to be prayed for by someone he prceives as his spiritual leader. Because he has a Phd doesn't mean he no longer needs prayers. The last time I checked even Pst. Adeboye has a Phd, so?
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by antartica(m): 6:37pm On Mar 04, 2012
Adeboye would have helped nigerians better with his mathematical knowledge than his delusional knowledge of conning and deceiving the people.

Mathematics is the key to life,not religion.
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by Doptimist2: 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2012
@ LeemaK,
I'm just surprised at your response to flyboy zee's comment. Go back and properly analyse your gramma before attacking anyone again on this forum. I don't think anyone here can compare his gramma with yours especially based on your claim of being a graduate with distinction in Use of English. Just an advise.
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by Olumogun: 8:04pm On Mar 04, 2012
Sorry, I dont stay around where "ELDERS & LEADERS" are talked to irrationally!

out of here fast cool
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by wellmax(m): 8:05pm On Mar 04, 2012
Flyboy Zee:

This goes out to all GEJ haters:

Fact: Many of you are not leaders and would never be in leadership position till the day you die.

Reminder: GEJ is our President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Educationally: Getting a PhD is a book book thing and not by eloquence or bravado. Many of you saying stuff about him behave as if they have not gone through any form of schooling. I would have called all of you illiterates, but for the fact that you could at least log on to Nairaland and type, means you are educated. And if you went to university, especially in Nigeria, let me ask you this question: Was it only the most strongest, the most eloquent, the most popular, the most stylish, the most glamorous, the most influential, the most brave or the most grammatic students that graduated from your class? My guess is as good as yours. NO.

Religious: I am also very sure that the Bible commands us to give respect to those in authority, that was why Christ never confronted the Government of the day,. The Bible rather admonish that we pray for them always. I am no authority in the Qu'ran, but, I know that the Moslems believe that power comes only from God and he gives it to those he has found deserving of it. For the records, I have not found any religion, be it orthodox or traditional that is confrontational to any legitimate government.

And Now To You GEJ Haters: I am sure you don't have a PhD shocked and God has not find you worthy to entrust power unto you. So, it is very easy to see how worthless you are.

My Advice: Pray for your leaders always, they need your every support and also PRAY that God finds you worthy of becoming a leader someday. No hating, just my ten cents.

GBAM

antartica:

Adeboye would have helped nigerians better with his mathematical knowledge than his delusional knowledge of conning and deceiving the people.

Mathematics is the key to life,not religion.

^^^
☺º°˚˚°ºoo what ignorance. My people REALLY perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by Uche2005: 8:09pm On Mar 04, 2012
what jonathan is doing to rccg in nigeria.  yorubas are leaving en masse. that picture have been creating problem for rccg in nigeria.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Jozgc7OgFJc/TzbGBsRr-tI/AAAAAAAABJM/Sd3C70rbXM0/s1600/empty_church.jpg[/img]
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by dayokanu(m): 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2012
I hope Adeboye would pray for Retardeen to develop some sense
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by wellmax(m): 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2012
Uche2005:

what jonathan is doing to rccg in nigeria.  yorubas are leaving en masse. that picture have been creating problem for rccg in nigeria.

^^^
Another rumour monger/ tribalist on the loose, if You‎​ have nothing good τ̅☺ say, just read threads, its still not a crime. Must You‎​ post?
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by FlyboyZee: 8:28pm On Mar 04, 2012
@ Leemark, I wanted to reply U, but after reading D-optimist's post, I see no reason arguing with someone like you. When I read posts from people like you, I weep for my beloved country, Nigeria. It shows your low level of education and apparent waste of school fees that should have been used to buy tuwo masara and miyan kukah for some refugees  in Somalia.

Back to the crux of the Matter: I don't think there is any law or rule forbidding a PhD holder from kneeling down in front of anybody. If you read my previous posts, it may surprise you to know that I am not a religious fanatic. On the other hand, I have a feeling that you would have been much happier if GEJ was kneeling in front of a babalawo, abi?

Secondly: How many times have you read about other nationales bashing their presidents the way you guys do it here on Nairaland, yet you think you are educated. For chrissakes, that man is your President and I guess he is much older than you. Moreover, African traditions demand that you give respect to your elders. Haba! mutunmi ina, ka yankuri mana!
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by achi4u(m): 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2012
thank GOD the presdent is a man of church, grin, tongue
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by ziccoit: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2012
A man is a leader and ruler in his house likewise a woman too. By this statement, we are all leaders in one way or the other. So the dude comment up there is invalid.
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by Leemak: 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2012
@flyboy zee, U tu can confirm dt dis drunkard & retardeen GEJ is behaving irrationally, u dont need to ask us of how many countries hav their president mor abused dan dis shoeless, clueless & idiomatic person dt nigeria is parading as president, look here mr flyboy we wil continue to lambarst dis Opportunist man 4rm ur local area until he start fulfiling his promises as being stated in his campain blueprint, he has really disappointed us. GEJ, a Phd holder in Corruption!
Re: President Jonathan’s Letter To Pastor Adeboye, He Also Quotes The Bible by bonetalk(m): 9:41pm On Mar 04, 2012
lipsrsealed , there are lot of Professors here,

(1) (2) (Reply)

SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo / Nigerians Can We Forget This Guys? (pictures) / PHOTOS: Osinbajo Visits Odo- Ori Market And Abattoir In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.