Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

How Reliable Is Kia? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Kia? (33852 Views)

Is Kia Rio A Good Car? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? / Is Kia Rio A Good Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by biggerboy(m): 2:10pm On Nov 05, 2007
What about Nissan Altima 98/99 MODEL?
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by Emperoh(m): 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2007
Rather than going for this unknown Agel in Kia why not try out a new Honda city or honda Civic they should be in the range of 1.8m and 2.5m and you surely can get a good financing facility. The suggetions abovei believe has confused than opinionated the poster. No pun intended though but there are so many divergent views. I will go for a Hyundai instead of a kia if am in your shoes. Not because I they are not good but they aren't convincing at first view. All the same try out my suggestion a la viperman.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by need2know(f): 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2007
Anybody have any info on Chevrolet?
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by sultaan(m): 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2007
Very good, timming chains, and lots of sensors(depending on model year).

For a lady you are probably looking at Cavalier, Malibu, or Cobalt from US or the European Chevy/Opel range.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by kathy(f): 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2007
Reply to wisemugu, as per you thinking of buying a car for your wife, u should bear in mind that u would not see a brand new Toyota corolla (2003/2004) model. I guess tear rubber means brand new?What I believe is, a brand new car is a brand new car and there is no way u can compare a brand new KIA to a tokunbo. My very good friend got a KIA Rio in 2003 and as we speak she's still using it and has never made any complains about the car. I am planning on buying a Rio or Cerrato and no matter what people say i believe they won't be on the road if they were not good enough. Why buy a tokunbo car for the same amount you will get a brand new.
KIA Rio manual is going for 1.6 if not a little less while the auto is about 1.8.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by lawyerchap(m): 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2007
need2know:

Anybody have any info on Chevrolet?

The Chevrolet Aveo full options (Automatic) is a great little vehicle with a 1.5 litre engine and lots of options you'd only normally find in higher end cars. Plus its American and so is percieved as more durable that the Kias. It goes for N1,995,000. There is a financing package from Diamond Bank where you can deposit as low as 10% down payment and pay the rest over 48 months. It's a dream of a package, as with 200K you can drive off this brand new car. Think about it. But whatever you do, do not buy a tokunbo vehicle.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by passionwit(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2007
504 is very reliable and cheap to maintain, i wonder what u need a car for, do you have a good job??
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by femol(m): 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2007
lawyerchap:

The Chevrolet Aveo full options (Automatic) is a great little vehicle with a 1.5 litre engine and lots of options you'd only normally find in higher end cars. Plus its American and so is percieved as more durable that the Kias. It goes for N1,995,000. There is a financing package from Diamond Bank where you can deposit as low as 10% down payment and pay the rest over 48 months. It's a dream of a package, as with 200K you can drive off this brand new car. Think about it. But whatever you do, do not buy a tokunbo vehicle.

Lawyerchap, Pls could you give details of the Chevrolet/ Diamond arrangement. Is the arrangement only with Diamond bank? ,
Thanks.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by Etin(f): 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2007
@poster

http://www.whatcar.com/

http://www.evecars.com

I have been researching on cars to buy and I have found that there is no generally good or bad car brand. Within every good brand there is a below average model and within every so called bad brand there usual a gem. I would suggest that you get the specific model of Kia and read the reviews of experts as well as users. There is also a link above which would also give you a review from a womans point of view as well. Goodluck
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by lawyerchap(m): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2007
femol:

Lawyerchap, Please could you give details of the Chevrolet/ Diamond arrangement. Is the arrangement only with Diamond bank? ,
Thanks.

Yes the arrangement is only with diamond bank. But this is not to say that other banks cannot provide financing to purchase a chevrolet. But they won't take a 10% down payment. Only Diamond will do that.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by femol(m): 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2007
Yes the arrangement is only with diamond bank. But this is not to say that other banks cannot provide financing to purchase a chevrolet. But they won't take a 10% down payment. Only Diamond will do that.

Thanks lawyerchap,

Pls i need details. I'd appreciate if you could give me more details and probably contacts. Thank you.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2007
@Topic - Why not go for one of em Ford Suvs.Really cool those cars are. wink I drive one
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by femol(m): 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2007
Hail_Naija:

@Topic - Why not go for one of em Ford Suvs.Really cool those cars are. wink I drive one

How much does one of those suvs go for
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2007
femol:

How much does one of those suvs go for

From N3,200,000 Tha's the Ecosport which i have been driving for over a year now.Others u can check out are the Ford Escape and the Ford Edge.These r lovely not too little cool cars  kiss But if u want the bigger Ford Suvs, then. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by cecegorz(m): 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2007
Whatever car that catches ur fancy, brand new or Tokumbo. Firstbank can make it happen!
If u have a 6mths payslip 4m ur company. give me a call, it's all urs.
0802 783 8165.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2007
All thoz bankers sef na wa o.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by earthrealm(m): 5:00pm On Dec 03, 2007
kia is  ok,

u guys dissing kia.
are u driving one now?, or are u merely reporting hearsay?,

the only valid point u might have is abt parts, but that is being worked out  now.there are many kia centers in major cities.  n  they  render  good  service,
but all in all toyota is a better mAKE, but i wud prefer  a kia cerato brand new  any time anyday  to  a  2000 mod camry,
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by bimbayo: 5:17pm On Dec 03, 2007
PRICE LIST & STALLION MOTORS ADDRESSES

HYUNDAI
Accent 1,695,000
Getz 1,795,000
Elantra 2,595,000
Sonata 3,595,000
Azera 6,395,000

HONDA
City 1,999,000
Civic 3,250,000
Accord 4,150,000
CR-V 5,295,000

SKODA
SEDAN AMBIENTE 1,895,000
LIMO AMBIENTE 2,595,000
LIMO COMFORT 3,450,000
STYLE AMBIENTE 2,295,000

AUDI
A3 (1.6) 5,495,000
A4 (2.0) 6,495,000
A6 (2.4) 9,495,000
Q.7 (3.6) 15,995,000

VOLKSWAGEN
Suran 2,295,000
Golf 3,895,000
Jetta 3,395,000
Passat 4,795,000
Beetle 4,495,000
Touareg 9,995,000
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by seun001(m): 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2007
@bimbayo,
a those prices supposed to be for brand new cars.
cos a friend of mine got a hyundai aceent 2007 model for over 3m.though it was bank financed.
i also have info that honda city is over 2m too.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by mahal(m): 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2007
Get a toyota camry 1999 or 2000, 2003, 2004 or 2007
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by princeonx: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2007
I'll take a Honda or Toyota with 200,000 miles over a brand new 0 mile kia! PERIOD.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by Panache(m): 9:05pm On Dec 03, 2007
The Kia brand has no second hand value. Also, the body structure is not rigid for naija roads. The parts are also very expensive to buy. Same goes for Hyundai, in fact the parts are interchangeable. Just my 50 cent worth.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by uyai(f): 11:54pm On Dec 03, 2007
I am driving KIA RIO, the worst mistake ever. AND it cost me $9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish i got a toyota instead. It hurts as i'm still paying for it.
I cannot imagine driving KIA in nigeria
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by kaydee(m): 12:36am On Dec 04, 2007
Abeg ma sister!!!!!! Ur Car go spoil "Kia Kia" Get a Golf 3 or 4 instead or get Toyota Camry. Kia is total rubbish 4 now!
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by Ivvie: 1:34am On Dec 04, 2007
@Kacey5

You don't have to be in the school of hardknocks to details what the experience is.

@Poster

In the longrun, you'd have paid the price on the Kia what you'd have saved if you bought a reliable vehicle.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by question(m): 6:58am On Dec 04, 2007
Different strokes for different folks.
Everybody sharing their own experience. Some say Kia is good, some say it is bad, some say na Toyota be the best, some na Honda. Just like a group of blind men analyzing the elephant by touching the different parts of its body.
All these cars pass a certain standards (under normal conditions) and are approved before they are pushed out into the market.
It now depends on the user/car owner to operate the car under normal or abnormal conditions. A car's perfomance seroiusly depends on the people using or maintaining it.

If you buy 'bad' car and use it with care it will last longer than if you buy a 'good' car and abuse it with passion.
@poster, the earlier you make up your mind, the better cos too much reviews and views will only confuse you the more.
GOODLUCK and use the car (whenever you buy it) with caution it will last longer.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by lawyerchap(m): 7:33am On Dec 04, 2007
I'm guessing Bimbayo's price list is for the base models (Manual Transmissions, zero options) but the price of the City on his list appears to be right. And that's for the Automatic. Well, I don't know sha, but you know you can actually haggle with these car dealers. A friend got his Honda Civic for three million flat from Stallion motors (automatic, full options) by presenting a compelling argument in favour of buying the same car (2007 Civic) as Tokunbo with perhaps 2000 kilometers on the odometer for 2.5 million. After arguing back and forth for all of 45 minutes the lebanese saw reason and by some freak occurence capitulated and let him have the car for three million. I was in shock. Still am.

@Femol
You can contact CFAO Intermotors at Plot 1309A Karimu Kotun Street, VI to talk about the Chevrolets. You can ask for Lola Noffiu, she's in sales. Her numbers are 08023821512 and 01-7637338. Actually the Chevrolet Aveo (full options) costs N1,950,000 and not N1,995,000 as i earlier posted. My Bad. I apologise.

seun001:

@bimbayo,
a those prices supposed to be for brand new cars.
because a friend of mine got a hyundai aceent 2007 model for over 3m.though it was bank financed.

@Seun001
You must have gotten the numbers or the make of the car mixed up. There is just no way a Hyundai Accent will be sold for 3m. It's simply impossible. Sort of like the sun rising in the north, or throwing a thirteen with a pair of dice, or Super Eagles making it out of the group stages at the Nations Cup next month, simply impossible. wink wink wink

question:

If you buy 'bad' car and use it with care it will last longer than if you buy a 'good' car and abuse it with passion.
@poster, the earlier you make up your mind, the better because too much reviews and views will only confuse you the more.
GOODLUCK and use the car (whenever you buy it) with caution it will last longer.

Best post on the topic so far.
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by IdeyVex1(m): 8:52am On Dec 04, 2007
[table]Quote from Cecegorz
Whatever car that catches your fancy, brand new or Tokumbo. Firstbank can make it happen!
If u have a 6mths payslip 4m your company. give me a call, it's all urs.
0802 783 8165.
[/table]

My brother, Under what financing option.
And what is the interest rate if one intends to pay over 4 years for a car worth 1.8m.
And what do nairalanders think of the Comil.
I think it is one of these korean models
it sells for about 1.8 m
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by uchetobi(f): 8:55am On Dec 04, 2007
Um Lawyer chap so u analyze cars as well, anyways thanx 4d info
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by benedo(m): 9:12am On Dec 04, 2007
@ question, you know iv been following this thread for the past few days, and i'm completely confused, undecided so i can imagine the position the poster is, anyway, your advise was just like a loud clear voice in a babel of different expert voices(opinions) , HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. wink
Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by seun001(m): 9:29am On Dec 04, 2007
@Lawyerchap,
sorry,its the Elantra.kinda mixed it up.am really in love with the design.

Re: How Reliable Is Kia? by Diplenty(m): 9:55am On Dec 04, 2007
I dont know about all this complain about Kia. I drive a 2007 Rio, have done Warri-Lagos-Warri with it fortnightly for 6months through the bad roads and I dont have a thing to complain about

Its simply Awesome. I enjoy the fact that its got good clearance and the fuel economy is wonderful. My tank is 45 litres and I make Lagos on 28 litres or thereabout.

Had a Nissan Sunny before this and I can say its a great car

If you never try am, No abuse am o!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Of These Cars Should I Go For As My First Car? / FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving / 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.