Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Disclosing A Us Born Child During The Us Visa Interview - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Disclosing A Us Born Child During The Us Visa Interview (23208 Views)

I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? / Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disclosing A Us Born Child During The Us Visa Interview by smilynface: 5:10am On Sep 06, 2017
Love300:
Hello Hbid,

Your advise is so correct as i found out.

I was waiting for an appointment to meet a lawyer when i got into a conversation with the receptionist and she told me i did not need a lawyer as i just had to go to the billing office.

I've gone to the billing office and they did reimburse medicaid and i also got a letter from the hospital too saying i made payment and i have no outstanding on my patient account.

But the doctor's bill and the epidural bill is still outstanding as they said they can't reimburse medicaid.

When i intend renewing my visa, i will just take all i have which is almost USD9K in paid bills.
Hi Love300,thanks for sharing your experience, I had similar issue but mine was that I was convinced it wasn't medicaid just to find out it was medicaid when I was requesting for Zero balance.
Please can I contact the billing dept directly from Nigeria and sort things out? I am actually planning on travelling with my US born baby for an exam in 3months time.
Please I really need your advice
Re: Disclosing A Us Born Child During The Us Visa Interview by Waleawojobi(m): 10:00am On Nov 27, 2018
Funny Enough, I had my child in 2014. I paid all bills by cash immediately i arrive Arizona. was issued a reciept. Iniatially planned a natural birth but issues arose and i had a CS. Paid for the cs. I even collected a document stating i paid for every penny at the hospital. I had my visa interview today and was denied. The officer said on the childs birth ceritificate i said i resided in Arizona. So i got a bit confused because, i assumed they meant were i was livin at the time of birth. Though i had a tourist visa when i had the child, i wrote to the embassy to enquire if it was illegal to give birth in the usa and they responded and said as long as i paid my bills no issue. At the point of entry i was asked what i was in the usa for and i said to have a baby. And she person asked if i could pay and i said yes. Yet i was denied visa on grounds that i said i lived in Arizona. The information is already on the child's birth certificate. No idea what to do.
Re: Disclosing A Us Born Child During The Us Visa Interview by hadidej: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2018
really...
Re: Disclosing A Us Born Child During The Us Visa Interview by Beautyaddy: 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2018
Waleawojobi:
Funny Enough, I had my child in 2014. I paid all bills by cash immediately i arrive Arizona. was issued a reciept. Iniatially planned a natural birth but issues arose and i had a CS. Paid for the cs. I even collected a document stating i paid for every penny at the hospital. I had my visa interview today and was denied. The officer said on the childs birth ceritificate i said i resided in Arizona. So i got a bit confused because, i assumed they meant were i was livin at the time of birth. Though i had a tourist visa when i had the child, i wrote to the embassy to enquire if it was illegal to give birth in the usa and they responded and said as long as i paid my bills no issue. At the point of entry i was asked what i was in the usa for and i said to have a baby. And she person asked if i could pay and i said yes. Yet i was denied visa on grounds that i said i lived in Arizona. The information is already on the child's birth certificate. No idea what to do.

This is a tough one.

You might need to hopefully see if you can apply again and hopefully get another VO who might be more sympathetic with your explanation.

Now once you are able to get the US visa you might want to travel to the US and revisit the department of vital records in Arizona and see if they can make changes to the address on your child's birth certificate.

Only you as the mother can request for such changes on your child's birth certificate.
Re: Disclosing A Us Born Child During The Us Visa Interview by jumzzy448: 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2018
Waleawojobi:

The truth is, you just can never predict these people. I know of someone who gave birth in america like six years ago. She didn’t finish up with her payment and was owing the hospital $6000. She went back to Nigeria and sent the balance to a friend to make the payment for her. The friend did and the money was refunded back to the account that insurance paid already. She’s been back to the US like 4 times now and even gave birth to another baby about 2 years ago.
Re: Disclosing A Us Born Child During The Us Visa Interview by Ellamich: 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2018
Dear all,

I need clarification, i had my baby 2011 in US with visit visa and received hospital assistance which wasn't intentional, cos I got there for an inauguration and became sick, the hospital I was admitted refused to let me go cos I had premclamsia (pregnancy BP)

They extended their hospital financial assistance ( not state or federal assistance) to me which is one of their charity programs to less prveledged. I accepted and my bill was written off

now my husband was refused visit visa this year on that note. How does one make an appeal to US embassy and What effect does this have on our impending immigrant visa? Thank you. Anticipating your response.
Re: Disclosing A Us Born Child During The Us Visa Interview by tessytessy(f): 9:04pm On Dec 21, 2018
Why would you even think of leaving it blank.

Please come truthfully to all questions. Save yourself further troubles from what you have entered already.
nowayone:
Hi

Tks for your reply. Actually, I am travelling alone, however there is a spot on the application where I am asked if I have children and their names. That is where I wonder if I should put his name or leave blank to avoid having them dig about the child his age, where he is born and making connections with my 3 months stay in the US. Next time, if there is any, I will make sure I pay the bills although, I know someone which was denied the visa despite having paid the bills. She was told she disclosed she would go to the US for tourism not to have a baby. Look like some can get away with it and some not. Thought they got to be things which trigger them search a little deeper.

Regards

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update On Minna-Bida Road (Photos) / Debris Found From F-35 Jet In South Carolina After US Pilot Ejected / Abia Residents Celebrate Water Fountain (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.