Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. (3763 Views)

Photo: "My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Posted This Sexy Picture On Face / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by Undine: 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2012
Hi,
I am very upset - my boyfriend broke up with me after two months because he said he is not ready for a relationship. He thought he was, but then started to notice he's not over my predecessor's screwing him over. His soon-to-be-ex wife got pregnant by someone else while he was stationed overseas in Korea, where I am now teaching. He has now returned to the U.S. I will still be here for another six months.
He appears to have good self confidence, great interest in me, respect for me, and honesty. We remain in contact over the Internet, but I miss him and wonder if we can get back together later. It's only been about nine months since he discovered his soon-to-be-ex wife's infidelity, so I understand he is not ready. However, they were married not even two years and saw one another little in that time, so it's not as bad as if they were married many years and had children. I want him back, but I am prepared to wait. Is this a reasonable hope?
Thanks
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by xynerise: 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2012
His soon-to-be-ex- wife? undecided what are u up to woman? He said he doesnt want a relationship. He is only interested in your kpekus so why forcing ur self?
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by Undine: 2:26pm On Mar 04, 2012
Fair point. Fair point.
But it was never a sexual relationship, so I doubt he was only interested in my 'kpekus';p.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by slimyem: 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2012
its your choice to either wait it out until he's ready(which has no when/if) or you move on.
Simple!
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by xynerise: 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2012
Never intimate indeed. Which day man and woman become just "close" friends? undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by Undine: 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2012
Thank you, Slim

Lol xynerise, of course the forum changed my word to 'intimate', but I mean we were not having %^*. Of course it was intimate in the romantic sense otherwise.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by slimyem: 3:04pm On Mar 04, 2012
xynerise:

Never intimate indeed. Which day man and woman become just "close" friends? undecided
its possible.
Very possible!
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by Killz3(m): 3:20pm On Mar 04, 2012
You don't have to be upset. He was honest enough with you. You have a choice of either staying or going. if you decide to stay, make sure you are more of an encouraging person, don't pressurize him unnecessarily. Your hope is reasonable, but just recognize the signs needed to move on if need be. . .
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by Undine: 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2012
Thanks Killz. Your comment is very rational. It is similar to what my parents told me. Since he needs to be alone, I should certainly let him be that way, though I can be present in his life as a friendly ear. I suppose that if he stops contacting me completely that is when he has really become completely uninterested.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by xynerise: 3:43pm On Mar 04, 2012
Undine:

Thanks Killz. Your comment is very rational. It is similar to what my parents told me. Since he needs to be alone, I should certainly let him be that way, though I can be present in his life as a friendly ear. I suppose that if he stops contacting me completely that is when he has really become completely uninterested.
i believe your problem is solved? undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by Undine: 3:47pm On Mar 04, 2012
Yes, I believe it is.
This was very helpful.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by xynerise: 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2012
Alright. GO AND SIN NO MORE! grin
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by Undine: 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2012
I didn't sin. sheez.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by xynerise: 4:23pm On Mar 04, 2012
Lets assume you did. tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by Killz3(m): 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2012
Undine:

cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by olaak1(m): 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2012
@op u mean u guys been together 4 a while nw and "im no dey shine ur congo"? Choi!!! This is quite unusual; anyway where is he from, cos I trust he's not a Nigerian?
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by jenny2007(f): 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2012
@ UNdine, its good to know that he's honest at least and is not just stringing you along. If you both talk then you can remain friends but I don't believe in waiting for him. What if you wait for him and later on he finally decides that you are not what he wants and are better off remaining friends. I don't advise putting any part of your life, I.e, your love life on hold because of him. You should remain friends till all signs show that he is over his ex-wife, meanwhile you date someone that you fancy for now. If he decides that he wants you he will come back - that is if you have not already moved on with someone that loves you. Goodluck
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by 4wardever(m): 6:10pm On Mar 04, 2012
@ Poster, Sorry if you are upset BUT I think he was just being honest with you even after 2 months and not 2 years. But considering it again, minus the issue of his ex and for the sake of others who are heading into a relationship blindly, pls can you state what you think makes a man ready to go into a relationship heading towards marriage.

P.S: The answers you provide will also give a clue on some of the details you were probably taking for granted.  cool
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by Undine: 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2012
@olaak hahaha, smiley no not Nigerian. We're both American.
@Jenny2007, Thanks, I'm also glad he's honest enough not to string me along. I do appreciate that. Your advice not to wait is good advice, but I think in my case I should focus on work and avoid pursuing any guys. Meanwhile, I'll wait and see how he's doing over the next year or so.
@4wardever hmmm, I think what makes a man ready for a relationship heading toward marriage (ie a courtship) is that he has a good job, emotional maturity, and at least some practical plans for his future.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by sidneyhuster: 5:18am On Aug 06, 2012
hello every one i have just met with this prophetharry@ymail. com and i finally find out that he is really a truthful spell caster and so powerful and he is the most powerful spell caster that i have ever met. i wish i have met him before. my husband have just come back to me and every thing happened just the way prophet harry had said it i am so happy that i have met with prophet harry and now i have my husband back to my self. if you all that are here have not tried prophet harry just have to do so and get your heart desires fulfilled. stop been doubting i have tested him and i am now a fulfilled woman. sidney huster

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by CrazyMan(m): 5:28am On Aug 06, 2012
@poster

My dear in case you don't know, you're not getting any younger. So its either you forget about this guy and respect his decision or you keep weeping over what can never be yours.

The choice is yours too make. And I trust you would make the right one.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. by 190: 10:39am On Aug 06, 2012
sidneyhuster: hello every one i have just met with this prophetharry@ymail. com and i finally find out that he is really a truthful spell caster and so powerful and he is the most powerful spell caster that i have ever met. i wish i have met him before. my husband have just come back to me and every thing happened just the way prophet harry had said it i am so happy that i have met with prophet harry and now i have my husband back to my self. if you all that are here have not tried prophet harry just have to do so and get your heart desires fulfilled. stop been doubting i have tested him and i am now a fulfilled woman. sidney huster

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Virginity Despised In Our Days? / The Ideal Age You Wish To Get Married / Thread For Ratting Of Dp, "Rate My Dp Over 10.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.