Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference (16245 Views)

Photo: "My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Posted This Sexy Picture On Face / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because He's Not Ready For A Relationship. / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. (2) (3) (4)

My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Cosmass(f): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2010
Is there anything I can do to convince him about the age? That I am willing to work with him. I have tried everything but still to no avail. He said the age difference would always be there. He is 12 years older than I am. It hurts so much because he said he liked me a lot, we connected but the age difference would always be at the back of his mind. I am so hurt. Wish I could do something different.
I already have my degree and if he wants to settle, I am willing but all to no avail.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Kelvinj(m): 12:57pm On Sep 05, 2010
Girl the guy is not ready yet cos if he is, che wont be a barrier.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Cosmass(f): 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2010
He is so ready to settle down. He is very responsible and wants to settle. That's even my fear, he would get someone closer to his age as he said and settle.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by 1102(m): 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2010
[size=13pt]
poster!! grin

When we men, are tired of sometin, we diverse all sort of tins just 2 run away,

I guess he must hav finished wit u,i mean gotten tired of eatin u in-out and now its time 2 move on to the next target

relax,dance [img]http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/free-cool-smileys-262[1].gif[/img] he wasnt meant to be yours,follow your age mates (maybe a guy older than u with like 2-5yrs age difference).dont plead with him,u did your best, but he never was meant to be yours, Im so happy with myself,i dont go around breaking gurls hearts neither would i ask for sex if i know i dont love u
[/size]

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Shola2009(m): 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2010
^^ well said!
but,try reduce your font size. grin

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Rocktation(f): 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2010
And you're just gonna swallow that crap, right? Yes you are. You've even opened a thread with it. All was cool during dating period but now that marriage's come up, 12 years is suddenly too much. No lick of sense in his tall tale.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by 1102(m): 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2010
Shola2009:

^^ well said!
but,try reduce your font size. grin

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by adonisgold: 1:45pm On Sep 05, 2010
Giving a dog a bad name to hang it. cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Kelvinj(m): 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2010
190, talk for ya Sef abeg
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by MOBO444(f): 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2010
good for you if you ask me.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Stanfordx: 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2010
What ar u sayin gurl.He shud be hapy tat u agreed to settle down wit him considering his age and nw the reverse is the case.Shun dis man and move on coz he doesnt love u gurl.Old man 4 dat mata messing around wit ur kitty.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by 1102(m): 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2010
^^
dats what i told her already,
she dey follow sugar daddy!
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by dobodobo(m): 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2010
Maybe the guy don Bleep your toto tire and wan use style run. No mugun yourself.Be Smart Babe
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by chelseabmw(m): 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2010
THE GUY IS TIRE OF UR PUSS.Y OR DOES T SMELL? cry
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Cosmass(f): 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2010
Bleep all of y'all that made such stupid comments and thanks to those that said something sensible but i can see that posting this to seek advice isn;t working. In all, i leave it to God.

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2010
Leave am 4 God.I'm curious of one tin,how old are u?
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by dobodobo(m): 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2010
Cosmass:

Bleep all of y'all that made such silly comments and thanks to those that said something sensible but i can see that posting this to seek advice isn;t working. In all, i leave it to God.
I'm interested in continuing from where he stop, would mine to give me your phone number?
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Cosmass(f): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2010
yorke:

Leave am 4 God.I'm curious of one tin,how old are u?

22 and please don;t say i'm young. I know what I want and where i see myself. He's 33
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by 1102(m): 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2010
lady yorke wan use style involve run for ur life!! shocked shocked
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Omolola1(f): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2010
Poster, he is not ready for a relationship, i guess he is tired of you and is just looking 4 a way to dump u~
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by 1102(m): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2010
^^
emm, mrs 190 have u seen me 2day @ all~
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 05, 2010
22? No are not young bt he is too old 4 u.
Try look 4 someone with 5-8 yrs difference. I think dat would be okay.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 05, 2010
190,no i wouldnt do dat except she is interested.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Cosmass(f): 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2010
yorke:

22? No are not young bt he is too old 4 u.
Try look 4 someone with 5-8 yrs difference. I think dat would be  okay.

How is he too old? 12 years age difference. if I'm 40, he'll be 52 and so on
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Rocktation(f): 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2010
How can he be 12 years older than you, when you're 22 and he's 33? Na wa oo. The reduced age gap now makes his case even weaker and you, very gullible for accepting sh!te from him.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Cosmass(f): 4:40pm On Sep 05, 2010
Rocktation:

How can he be 12 years older than you, when you're 22 and he's 33? Na wa oo. The reduced age gap now makes his case even weaker and you, very gullible for accepting sh!te from him.

He's going to 34.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2010
He is too old 4 u.look @ it dis way.When u were 10yrs,he was 22yrs.com on think am lik dat.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Cosmass(f): 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2010
yorke:

He is too old 4 u.look @ it dis way.When u were 10yrs,he was 22yrs.com on think am lik dat.

It still hurts. Life is too short to be thinking of it that way. I believe if one makes you happy, go with it, rather than thinking of ifs and buts.

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by mutter(f): 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2010
It could be that your bf is scared of committing himself because at your age you might not know what you want. Marriage can be very complicated, involving not just the two of you but also the extended family.
He might just be scared that you are not ready for the commitment.
You are still Young and have time on your hands.
Just keep being decent and prayerfull, many suitors are yet to come.

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2010
@ poster

Don't take it for granted that men prefer younger women.

My ex had a thing for older ladies, dunno why.

Besides 33 na old papa. You are 22 and fresh. You wan come dey change him diapers?
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2010
You're too young for marriage. My uncle is 10yrs older dan his wife and ppl are always jealous of thier love and nuclear family relationship. So,age should not be a barrier . If he can wait till you're 27,by then,you'll be more matured,then its oK. But since he want to break up on the basis of age df,then leave him and move on. You'll find yours but remember your creator

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of Age Difference by dobodobo(m): 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2010
Age no dey for dick

Anti-feminism; A War That Men Cannot Win / Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience / Beautiful Mbaise: Some Popular Beautiful Ladies From Beautiful Mbaise