Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,046 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap (13740 Views)

Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) / Can Someone Help Me In Solving This Simultaneous Equation? / Solve This Maths Now And Win Instant N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2012
ojogbontomoye:

I will go out on a limb here, I think she is trying to sit for GCE. The OP is too dull to be in a MBA program.

Abegiiii oooo, na who be this who is missing a chimp from his zoo oooo we have one here who is trying to derail my thread oooo

Wooose!!! Mr. this thread is for serious minded people, we are talking Stats, probability and so on, answer question, you no fit, International olodo!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by jaybee3(m): 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2012
ronkebp:

Abegiiii oooo, na who be this who is missing a chimp from his zoo oooo we have one here who is trying to derail my thread oooo

Wooose!!! Mr. this thread is for serious minded people, we are talking Stats, probability and so on, answer question, you no fit, International olodo!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Dude can only be NL's famous fstranger
He is back
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2012
LMAO Ronke. Ignore him. Some of us know him as a Princeton med student abi na which school again. grin grin
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ojogbontomoye: 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2012
ronkebp:

Wooose!!! Mr. this thread is for serious minded people, we are talking Stats, probability and so on, answer question, you no fit,  International olodo!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Me international olodo?  I am yet to see a Stat question on this thread. But then, what do I know, I havent done Stats and Probability since Primary school. And since then I have gone to complete an Engineering degree  ( Thanks to my work ethic) and done way easier maths that what you have on this thread. When you were busy shyting out babies, according to JennyKadry, I was already doing complex analysis.

I dont blame you for your stupidityyyyyyyyyyyy, I blame your parents, your mother especially. If only she knew who your father really is, you wont be where yyou are today. Olodo
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2012
jennykadry:

Abeg talk true, no need to be ashamed. That question you asked na GCE question no be MBA question. Last time I checked na 1 boy you get when them turn to 6? which drugs are you on wey dey make you multiply children like these with your eyes? come on talk to me. I can review your medications

oh now, it is very clear that someone is stalking me, are you sure it is me you know, 1 kid ke, i have 6 oooo, and don't even think to post any link from my past posts, oooo, i am actually on the drugs your prescribed, the same one you-yourself are on. Kadrytamol, remeber tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 5:51pm On Mar 07, 2012
ojogbontomoye:

Me international olodo? I am yet to see a Stat question on this thread. But then, what do I know, I havent done Stats and Probability since Primary school. And since then I have gone to complete an Engineering degree ( Thanks to my work ethic) and done way easier maths that what you have on this thread. When you were busy shyting out babies, according to JennyKadry, I was already doing complex analysis.

I dont blame you for your stupidityyyyyyyyyyyy, I blame your parents, your mother especially. If only she knew who your father really is, you wont be where yyou are today. Olodo

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! i can now see that the person wey curse you, don die tey tey, it is too late now, no amount of deliverance can save your lot from the shackles of misfortune that has been heaped in front of you. Agbaya!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
ronkebp:

oh now, it is very clear that someone is stalking me, are you sure it is me you know, 1 kid ke, i have 6 oooo, and don't even think to post any link from my past posts, oooo, i am actually on the drugs your prescribed, the same one you-yourself are on. Kadrytamol, remeber tongue tongue tongue
Ehn I have had 2 doses of Kadryzepam today. EHn it is shacking me you nko? why won't you ask us for answers? when you are busy climbing untop Mr Ronke 24 hrs 7 so tey you do not have enough time to prepare for your GCE and JAMB exams. No answers for you anymore angry grin go and read and stop climbing iroko tree ati yekini. Ronke ti Gba je.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2012
jennykadry:

Ehn I have had 2 doses of Kadryzepam today. EHn it is shacking me you nko? why won't you ask us for answers? when you are busy climbing untop Mr Ronke 24 hrs 7 so tey you do not have enough time to prepare for your GCE and JAMB exams. No answers for you anymore angry grin go and read and stop climbing iroko tree ati yekini. Ronke ti Gba je.

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, You too like p.r.i.c.k, am sure Mr. Jenny kini for don shift from the right spot closer to the belly-button, don';t turn your man to a jigolo, give am breathing -space abeg. My dear that iroko tree is my right and i will climb it till ''Thy Kingdom comes'', them no get choice. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by softy(m): 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2012
seriously, i am getting pissed off everyday at seeing a good topic that calls for discussion,help or sort of opinions or intelligent ideas which could eventually lead to a better understanding, improvement of one's idea about same topic or that could lead to another beautiful topics,thus broading the knowledge of the poster; being turned to ABUSIVE ARENA like this ,most of the time ,on this Beautiful Forum.
This attitude of pride, abusive language, i know it all,i am better than u, i have gained what u arre to gain in the last 20 years has never add any good thing to us all!
I was so happy when someone commented about the approach to the question on the first page or 2nd page of this topic that 'this topic is the only one he/she could see that is healthy on NL .
Learning everyday of our life is one assignment nobody can finish till he/she packs up.
Humility says it all. Let us help each other grow, time flies!
Thanks , everyone here.

Ur opinion is welcomed whether with low affinity or high affinity, it only defines who u are,really.
About the topic, i love and give kudos to those who intelligently contributed one or two things wisely. Well done sirs & mas!
Keep it more coming!

, softy
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2012
Thank you Softy, it was more of a comic relief, you know Naija peeps and their wahala, some people cannot survive without insults. cool cool cool
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ojogbontomoye: 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2012
^^^

I will be in Philly in three days, lets meet up and I will teach all the maths you will ever need for your MBA program as long as you can climb my Oke Mapo to my orgasmic satisfaction.

Deal or no deal?
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by softy(m): 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2012
pls,   dont   mind   my   errors   (if   there   are   any).   I   was   posting   the   comments   on   BB.   Thanks E se pupo!.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
ojogbontomoye:

^^^

I will be in Philly in three days, lets meet up and I will teach all the maths you will ever need for your MBA program as long as you can climb my Oke Mapo to my Glorious satisfaction.

Deal or no deal?

NO DEAL!!!! ( and just so you know!!! this is her husband replying you)
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 8:57pm On Mar 07, 2012
softy:

pls, dont mind my errors (if there are any). I was posting the comments on BB. Thanks E se pupo!.

Not at all, you don't have any problem.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by isalegan2: 12:05am On Mar 08, 2012
ojogbontomoye:

^^^
-

Is that you in your profile? You were such a happy kid! What happened? shocked lol. I kid I jest.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by isalegan2: 12:09am On Mar 08, 2012
Ah! Can't modify in this section. Anyway, I was only kidding. No offense. smiley

I think I actually owned a similar pair of those school shoes you're sporting.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by vandetta(m): 10:31am On Mar 08, 2012
Continental issues as cult butchers final year student.
Details at www.educationigeria..com and like group at www.facebook.com/pages/Voice-of-the-Nigerian-Tertiary-InstitutionsVNTI/362095437154273

Don't miss that news. Invite your friends and swell the community.

Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by armyofone(m): 9:37pm On Apr 25, 2012
Sauer, Ronke and fellow posters help with this:

- Give an example real-life example or application of either the binomial or Poisson distribution.

- Specify how the conditions for that distribution are met.

- Suggest reasonable values for n and p (binomial) or mu (poisson) for your example.

- Calculate the mean and standard deviation of the distribution for your example.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by blank(f): 2:48pm On Apr 26, 2012
[url][/url]
armyofone: Sauer, Ronke and fellow posters help with this:

- Give an example real-life example or application of either the binomial or Poisson distribution.

- Specify how the conditions for that distribution are met.

- Suggest reasonable values for n and p (binomial) or mu (poisson) for your example.

- Calculate the mean and standard deviation of the distribution for your example.

See a reply to your question from the internet.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110131125327AADifIl
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by armyofone(m): 4:23am On Apr 27, 2012
Thank you blank
I'm trying to make my own Binomial:

Chance of 5 student contining their education after associate degree increases 50% if their parents went to college.

any idea how to calculate this?
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 8:06pm On Apr 27, 2012
armyofone: Thank you blank
I'm trying to make my own Binomial:

Chance of 5 student contining their education after associate degree increases 50% if their parents went to college.

any idea how to calculate this?

Alright dear, i really do not have any special example for you but will work you through some-some;
Your examples must have;
-number of events - n
- number of successful events- r
-probability-p

* there must be a fixed number of trials
* each trial is an independent of the other
* there are only 2 outcomes
* probability of each trial remains constant from trial to trial.

a. you have different types of examples, you use a tossing a coin to get either a head or tail, or asking an x number of people if they love watching soccer or basket ball, or rolling a die to get a 5, a 6 or a 7 (depending on your choice).

i will quickly solve an example for you.

1. find the mean, variance and the standard deviation for the number of sixes that appear when rolling 24dice.

n= 24
r=5/6
p = 1/6
when a six is rolled on a single dice= 1/6 we still have 5/6 left.

the mean = n * p = 24* 1/6 = 4

variance = n*p*r = 241/6) (5/6) = 20/6

the standard deviation will be the squareroot of the variance which is =sqrt of 20/6 = 1.8248. i think this can help you with your own analysis. simple and straight forward.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2012
ronkebp:

Alright dear, i really do not have any special example for you but will work you through some-some;
Your examples must have;
-number of events - n
- number of successful events- r
-probability-p

* there must be a fixed number of trials
* each trial is an independent of the other
* there are only 2 outcomes
* probability of each trial remains constant from trial to trial.

a. you have different types of examples, you use a tossing a coin to get either a head or tail, or asking an x number of people if they love watching soccer or basket ball, or rolling a die to get a 5, a 6 or a 7 (depending on your choice).

i will quickly solve an example for you.

1. find the mean, variance and the standard deviation for the number of sixes that appear when rolling 24dice.

n= 24
r=5/6
p = 1/6
when a six is rolled on a single dice= 1/6 we still have 5/6 left.

the mean = n * p = 24* 1/6 = 4

variance = n*p*r = 241/6) (5/6) = 20/6

the standard deviation will be the squareroot of the variance which is =sqrt of 20/6 = 1.8248. i think this can help you with your own analysis. simple and straight forward.
. . . and she turned mathematician overnight! grin
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by armyofone(m): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2012
thanks Instructor Ronkulus. I appreaciate the walk thru.
i wish i can crack calculations the way i crack my guns and mil ammunitions.
Hugs.

how are ya Sauer, will need your help.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 28, 2012
armyofone:
Doing fine, armyofone. and u? Sure, anytime. But you do know I charge $5000 per session!? well, just for your info grin
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by armyofone(m): 12:59am On Apr 29, 2012
i'm good thanks. just want a sweet champagne for the evening.
ahn ahn, give me an example with calculation. at least do something before asking for pay.
joke aside, help a sister now grin

sauer:
Doing fine, armyofone. and u? Sure, anytime. But you do know I charge $5000 per session!? well, just for your info grin
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Nobody: 1:47am On Apr 29, 2012
armyofone: i'm good thanks. just want a sweet champagne for the evening.
ahn ahn, give me an example with calculation. at least do something before asking for pay.
joke aside, help a sister now grin

Okay, I'll help with the maths, not the champagne! I wish I could with the champagne sha. No problem. I hope pay will come later, cos I still charge 5000grand grin. Ronke has done something up there already. Isn't that sufficient? Lemme know what other help you need. . .
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Bontee: 8:13am On Apr 29, 2012
The answer to the question about a car behind three curtains A,B AND C can be found in the movie 21.

You can watch it here when the genius went to his first math class and the movie is a fantastic movie.

http://www.sockshare.com/file/GTAP6567VO8COG
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by armyofone(m): 2:49am On Apr 30, 2012
Chapagne na sin? grin
Just making sure I keep this thread alive smiley.
I will need your help soon, don't go too far.

sauer:
Okay, I'll help with the maths, not the champagne! I wish I could with the champagne sha. No problem. I hope pay will come later, cos I still charge 5000grand grin. Ronke has done something up there already. Isn't that sufficient? Lemme know what other help you need. . .
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 30, 2012
armyofone: Chapagne na sin? grin
Just making sure I keep this thread alive smiley.
I will need your help soon, don't go too far.

no problemo, armyofone. Following this thread too. Anytime, u can post wink
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2012
sauer:
. . . and she turned mathematician overnight! grin

Mathematician ke, i no get that liver oooo, thank God for 'google'. grin grin
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 6:03pm On Apr 30, 2012
armyofone: thanks Instructor Ronkulus. I appreaciate the walk thru.
i wish i can crack calculations the way i crack my guns and mil ammunitions.
Hugs.

You are welcome, i hope you can work with that.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Tgirl4real(f): 9:38am On May 03, 2012
ojogbontomoye:

I will go out on a limb here, I think she is trying to sit for GCE. The OP is too dull to be in a MBA program.

I tire o. cheesy grin sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019 UTME: JAMB's List Of Prohibited Items In Exam Hall / ASUU To Tinubu: "We Have Been On The Same Salary Since 2009" / SEE How This Beautiful Girl Was Humiliated In Public [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.