Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola (11696 Views)

ACN/CPC Merger To Oust GEJ Has Paid Off Once Again. Congrats To Tinubu & Yorubas / Rivers, Police Disagree Over Gov. Amaechi's Ward Tours / Delta Community Angry Over Gov. Uduaghan's Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by manchy7531: 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2012
The permutations of 2015 presidency has begun. Information available to 247ureports.com through sources close to the headquarters of the Congress for Progressive Change [CPC] indicate that the political owners of the Action Congress of Nigeria [ACN] and the CPC have openned channels of communication against the upcoming presidential elections of 2015. This is as stalwarts within the two political parties have sighted the unfolding political upheaval squiring around the regions of the country as an opportunity. A source confirmed.

According to the information received, the feelers from within the political movers of the two parties indicate President Goodluck Jonathan is near certain to not join the presidential race in 2015. According to the source, the growing religious tensions among the religious fundamentalist in the various regions of the country is believed to play the determinant role on President Jonathan’s decision to walk away from the polls. They believe that the President will make the decision  to not contest largely due to the expected unrest in some regions of the country, and lesser on his pledge to serve one term only.

On the mood of the silent rejection by the north of President Jonathan’s presidency and the southwest outpouring of public anger towards the presidency following the sudden hike in the price of petrol – along with the striking silence of the southeast and south south regions of the country, the two parties believe they could tap into the opportunity. In their take, the southwest and the north will not vote for a Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] candidate for President in 2015.

This notion is boosted by a recent online chat where the former minister to the federal capital territory of Nigeria, Malam Nasiru El Rufai [a member of CPC] told 247ureports.com that the CPC would prefer Governor Fashola of Lagos State be given the presidential ticket – aside from General Buhari who was the presidential flag-bearer for the CPC in the 2011 elections. A source in CPC however discounts Gen Buhari’s ambition as unattainable in 2015 owing to the perception of Buhari being a religious zealot. Non-Muslims are reported to be uneasy with Buhari’s candidacy. According to the source, Gov Fashola [also a Muslim] does not carry the same baggage that Gen Buhari carries – and would not alienate non-Muslims around the other regions of the country.

“Talks between agents of the General’s presidential campaign team and that of ACN are taking place in Abuja“, stated a source in the government house in Lagos who went on to deny that Governor Fashola is considering dumping the ACN for the CPC – and that the governor has not indicated interest in the joint presidential ticket. The source however stated that the governor has been in talks with top CPC personalities in the likes of Pastor Tunde Bakare, Malam Nasiru El Rufai along with Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] governors from two northern states. The source admitted that although the Lagos State governor might have not made a decision, his body language and demeanor indicates “he is entertaining it“.

Adding an unlikely twist, Governors of two northern States, Kano and Jigawa States, in the persons of Gov Kwankwaso and Gov Lamido, both PDP members have indicated interest in joining the presidential race in 2015 under the PDP – just as the Vice President of Nigeria, Arc Namadi Sambo has also indicated interest in joining the fray. Sambo’s decision to join the fray has in turn changed the dynamics for the two northern governors – because of the fear the of not winning the PDP presidential ticket against the candidate-ship of Sambo. This realization has in turn led them to the doorsteps of the CPC and ACN -particularly to the office of the Lagos State governor.

The former governor of Lagos State and the strongman of ACN, Bola Tinubu is reported to be determined to beat the PDP in the upcoming 2015 presidential race. He is said to have begun underground preparations against the 2015 exercise. According to a source, Tinubu has made clear indications to the northern political elite that the ACN is willing to collaborate to produce a joint ticket in 2015. In particular, the ACN strong man has begun marketing of Gov Fashola to the northern political elite as a viable candidate that is sell-able to the south and to the north. According to sources, Bola Tinubu has met with some Governor’s of the States in the north – the likes of Gov Nyako of Adamawa State and others.

http://247ureports.com/2012/03/2015-presidency-acn-cpc-dialogue-over-gov-fashola/
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by manchy7531: 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2012
am not surprised.i have always known that this slaves will always go back to their masters in the north for alliance.I just hope they wont shoot themselves in the foot this time cos i know there is a strong SE/SS/MB alliance which they have deliberately kept the SW on the fence to know their stance before they admit them into the alliance but if this report happens to be true the am sure 2015 will be a very interesting movie to watch.That is all can say.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by kokoA(m): 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2012
Isn't it too early? Or have they completely given up on GEJ? Anyway, good move.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by chosen04(f): 5:33pm On Mar 06, 2012
U mean the Agbero growing governor wants to be president as well?

That will mean a very big welcome to the latest profession . . . . . . AGBEROISM . . . . .I pity those boys that this governor and this godfather have made useless in the name of touting/agberoizing for them!!!!!

Kindly guess the number of agberos Lagos will be harvesting by 2015? *****clapping******
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by ak47mann(m): 5:38pm On Mar 06, 2012
manchy7531:

am not surprised.i have always known that this slaves will always go back to their masters in the north for alliance.I just hope they wont shoot themselves in the foot this time cos i know there is a strong SE/SS/MB alliance which they have deliberately kept the SW on the fence to know their stance before they admit them into the alliance but if this report happens to be true the am sure 2015 will be a very interesting movie to watch.That is all can say.
Well just sit and watch cool
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by bittyend(m): 5:48pm On Mar 06, 2012

Every region will do what's best for them. If you're still dreaming about an Igbo president in 2015 - you need to wake up now because Igbo candidacy won't win in Nigeria. Northerners and most Southerners will never vote for any Igbo candidate in the next 20years. cool
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 06, 2012
Why Y'all mad though? How's you SS/SE our oil alliance? SE had the best chance ever, In fact if there is any political bloc West was ever open and honest with, it will have to be the East.  West has always been an opponent of the North and the most feared and respected one, But when they only speak out when it favours them what do you expect?  You guys basically left the West neutral with what many of your elites in East and South said seriously,

It's North trying to court the West on her side not West going to North,

LAWD give them political wisdom,
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by bittyend(m): 5:50pm On Mar 06, 2012
I'm in support of anything which will get PDP out of power.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Geomac: 5:56pm On Mar 06, 2012
manchy7531:

Remove Middle Belt from that your useless unholy alliance pls.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by ak47mann(m): 5:59pm On Mar 06, 2012
SW can go and form alliance as much as they want 2015 none of their candidates will smell the power or oyel will stop flowing MEND is much alive so who will go with the wining side period SW is on their own at the moment cus even northerners wont give you their 100% am sure of that they know you lot got nada cool
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by kokoA(m): 6:03pm On Mar 06, 2012
A south south/ south east and middle belt alliance will produce David Mark and an Igbo runing mate (this is the best the south east can get from that alliance), wch implies PDP might remain, and that is not good for Nigeria. We need PDP out by 2015.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by bittyend(m): 6:04pm On Mar 06, 2012
SW can go and form alliance as much as they want 2015 none of their candidates will smell the power or oyel will stop flowing MEND is much alive so who will go with the wining side period SW is on their own at the moment cus even northerners wont give you their 100% am sure of that they know you lot got nada

We don't care as long as ACN is in charge - our destiny is in our hands. But ndigbo ain't smelling the presidency till year 2099 grin

Igbos need start afresh!
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by bittyend(m): 6:05pm On Mar 06, 2012
A south south/ south east and middle belt alliance will produce David Mark and an Igbo runing mate (this is the best the south east can get from that alliance), wch implies PDP might remain, and that is not good for Nigeria. We need PDP out by 2015.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Mar 06, 2012
We never even recover from last year's debacle and what it has wrought on the nation, and these people are at it again?

I give up . . . . Nigerians, una see una selves??
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by ak47mann(m): 6:06pm On Mar 06, 2012
Geomac:

Remove Middle Belt from that your useless unholy alliance pls.
you can join your hausa holy alliance your people don't really count Fulani cows  wink

WE hold the knife and the yam so who want eat will have to join us the winning team. or no Nigeria so choose one cool
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Geomac: 6:06pm On Mar 06, 2012
kokoA:

I don't know why you people think Benue State is the only state in the Middle Belt.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Pukkah: 6:09pm On Mar 06, 2012
The last election is not even up to one year and they have started falling over themselves. If only these politicians could put a fraction of the efforts they put into politicking into running the country. undecided
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by kokoA(m): 6:10pm On Mar 06, 2012
Geomac:

I don't know why you people think Benue State is the only state in the Middle Belt.

Benue has the greatest political strenght in the Middle Belt. Besides, Southerners tend to trust Benue indegines more based on religious issue (Benue is the only state in the middle belt that has no single trace of islam).
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Geomac: 6:10pm On Mar 06, 2012
ak47mann:

you can join your hausa holy alliance your people don't really count Fulani cows  wink

WE hold the knife and the yam so who want eat will have to join us the winning team. or no Nigeria so choose one cool

You can say whatever you like. I will rather be a cow than grasses (you) that we feed on.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by bittyend(m): 6:11pm On Mar 06, 2012
Igbos make noise every election year but they will never go beyond being the VP - with all the clowns running around, calling themselves Igbo leaders. 2015 is going to be either Fashola or a northerner.

Ndigbos, GEJ is your last chance to either get your Biafra, resource control or regional government - act now before it's too late.

I rest my case!
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by ak47mann(m): 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
Geomac:

You can say whatever you like. I will rather be a cow than grasses (you) that we feed on.
well is up to you lot but everybody knows that Fulani the way they see MB is like one cow 10 tivs  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Osiris212(f): 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
Geomac:

You can say whatever you like. I will rather be a cow than [size=38pt]grasses (you) that we feed on[/size].  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by ak47mann(m): 6:16pm On Mar 06, 2012
this time around SW should not act foolishly in 2015 if not their highest rank na minister of special duties, e will be like!tunde go buy me agege and ewa for me chap chap cool
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Geomac: 6:16pm On Mar 06, 2012
kokoA:

Benue has the greatest political strenght in the Middle Belt. Besides, Southerners tend to trust Benue indegines more based on religious issue (Benue is the only state in the middle belt that has no single trace of islam).

Where did you get that from? You don't know anything about MB. Is it because David Mark is the Senate President?
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by kokoA(m): 6:20pm On Mar 06, 2012
Geomac:

Where did you get that from? You don't know anything about MB. Is it because David Mark is the Senate President?

Benue alone have produce 3 senate presidents in Nigeria (Iyorchia Ayuh, Ameh Ebute and now David Mark). Mention one other state in the MB that have achieved this feat.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Geomac: 6:23pm On Mar 06, 2012
kokoA:

Benue alone have produce 3 senate presidents in Nigeria (Iyorchia Ayuh, Ameh Ebute and now David Mark). Mention one other state in the MB that have achieved this feat.

I don't need to mention names.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Pukkah: 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2012
kokoA:

It's not good to misinform people.  Although Benue state is a predominantly Christian state, there are indeed minority Muslims in Gboko, Katsina Ala, Oturkpo, Makurdi, etc. Do you know the deputy to Aper Aku, the first elected governor of Benue State? His name is Alhaji Sule Iyaji.

Do you know the former Commissioner of Police Abubakar Tsav?  Where is he from? And do you know that it has been said that Governor Gabriel Suswam's mother was a muslim?

By the way, what was the intent of your post looking for a state without a trace of Islam? Yet you want to rule over muslims? How divisive? Is Islam really the problem with Nigeria?
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Pukkah: 6:31pm On Mar 06, 2012
ak47mann:

this time around SW should not act foolishly in 2015 if not their highest rank na minister of special duties, e will be like!tunde go buy  me agege and ewa for me chap chap cool

How does this mentality develop Nigeria?
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2012
At the end ACN will vote PDP for president as usuall whl cpc will be left out in d cold. Our politicians r all d same irrespective of the party they belong. Dont be an endemic fool, its all abt themselves nt u.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by Geomac: 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2012
Pukkah:

It's not good to misinform people.  Although Benue state is a predominantly Christian state, there are indeed minority Muslims in Gboko, Katsina Ala, Oturkpo, Makurdi, etc. Do you know the deputy to Aper Aku, the first elected governor of Benue State? His name is Alhaji Sule Iyaji.

Do you know the former Commissioner of Police Abubakar Tsav?  Where is he from? And do you know that it has been said that Governor Gabriel Suswam's mother was a muslim?

By the way, what was the intent of your post looking for a state without a trace of Islam? Yet you want to rule over muslims? How divisive? Is Islam really the problem with Nigeria?

Excellent post
Re: 2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 6:39pm On Mar 06, 2012
am not surprised.i have always known that this slaves will always go back to their masters in the north for alliance.

. . . .Ojukwu, your lord, must have realized the wisdom in that slave-master relationship because he spent all the years of his return from exile patronizing Northern politicians.  Nigerian politics is a different animal from Biafran politics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders / Boko Haram Releases 48 Abducted Borno Women / Customs Fingers Obasanjo, Ciroma In Fuel Subsidy Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.