Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,593 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8129033 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2303) (2304) (2305) (2306) (2307) (2308) (2309) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
Blessedmum:

I experienced one too dis midnight, I was already rejoicing that finally only to wake up this morning and it has disappeared. I guess it was d pineapple and long walk I had yesterday dat caused it. Am patiently waiting for DH to come so I can try kpekusing too.

May it end in praise for us all ooo, I took a walk yesterday too, will do that again today, I've stopped taking cold water, was advised to be taking hot tea(lipton +milk) b4 going to bed,and once I wake which I did yesterday, so dnt knw which of them triggered the contractions. As for kpekusing, ha me n DH no dey carry last for that one these days ooooo, all we want is out Lo in our arms, so all options are being explored. Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
rejoice02:
Good morning mamas.

Congrats to mamas dat just delivered. God will continue to protect and blesss ur Los.

To d remaining September mamas delivery will be very easy IJN.

Thks to d mamas dat have shared dere birth stories I really learnt a lot. God bless u mamas.

@Mydeporch u are welcome to team November, u shall carry to term and easy delivery for u and d rest of ud IJN.

Cappo iomoge2 am team pink ma, pls kindly update baby gender.

Team November hope we are doing great?

Team Novemberforsupernaturaldelivery.

Updated....

grin cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
peggygee:

May it end in praise for us all ooo, I took a walk yesterday too, will do that again today, I've stopped taking cold water, was advised to be taking hot tea(lipton +milk) b4 going to bed,and once I wake which I did yesterday, so dnt knw which of them triggered the contractions. As for kpekusing, ha me n DH no dey carry last for that one these days ooooo, all we want is out Lo in our arms, so all options are being explored. Lol
Amen o, didn't know abt cold water and dats wat av been taking, I ll try dat ur recipe then.
I was banned from kpekusing since day one of my pregnancy so it's now I want to start.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
favouredmumsy:
Please mamas in the house, my sister delivered 5days ago she is a ftm and she had episiotomy stitch and the nurse told her not to do sitz bath she is going through serious pains the she cant sit to feed her baby, please how is she going to heal fast, the pains does not even allow her to sleep at night.
Maka why? Abeg tell her to do her Sitz bath using warm water salt and disinfectant. My younger sis delivered four days ago and na me dey chook her yansh inside Sitz Bowl twice daily.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hi team April, what's the latest with everyone. Come in an drop a line, I know I've been a bad captain grin but this belle is not a small something. Any new members? Please shout me out. Anyone not battling intense ms should please feel free to become captain grin

Hope everyone and their baby and doing fine. Who has registered for ante-natal yet or we are all counting down to week 12-14. I'm planning to register in November cuz that's the only time I'd have time to do it.

Who's having cravings yet, I can hardly manage to keep any food down, not even water, sometimes I wonder what my baby is eating since he/she keeps making me throw up everything I eat.

Moskidarl hope you are good
Mydreams25 How is it going
LaDivva Do you still sleep in the office lol. I do too but no one knows I'm pregnant so I just look lazy lol, I'm so hating this period, it's depressing.
Teamies that have never replied my mentions before, are we quarreling? grin

There should be team May by now, welcome to all the new comers. Please mention me if you are #teamApril. Congrats to everyone that's given birth.

Cc
Mydreams25
Unic1
Itissettled3
MoskiDarl
LaDivva
Folamee
Prettmum
Sweetestmum
Ahnie
Olukunle5
Abiagirl777

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by prettmum(f): 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
Giddyperson:
Hi team April, what's the latest with everyone. Come in an drop a line, I know I've been a bad captain grin but this belle is not a small something. Any new members? Please shout me out. Anyone not battling intense ms should please feel free to become captain grin

Hope everyone and their baby and doing fine. Who has registered for ante-natal yet or we are all counting down to week 12-14. I'm planning to register in November cuz that's the only time I'd have time to do it.

Who's having cravings yet, I can hardly manage to keep any food down, not even water, sometimes I wonder what my baby is eating since he/she keeps making me throw up everything I eat.

LaDivva Do you still sleep in the office lol. I do too but no one knows I'm pregnant so I just look lazy lol, I'm so hating this period, it's depressing.

There should be team May by now, welcome to all the new comers. Please mention me if you are #teamApril. Congrats to everyone that's given birth.

Cc
Mydreams25
Unic1
Itissettled3
MoskiDarl
LaDivva
Folamee
Prettmum
Sweetestmum
Ahnie
Olukunle5
Abiagirl777
present team captain, MS no be here.... who has gone for their ist scan?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
feddy27:

Serious testimony o..lol

Please go ahead

Alryt sis sending it ryt away. You av got a mail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
osas4g:

@orirebaby... anoda bee.....wetin? Who born me?
I dey reply to @ij.eoma2728 who asked May/June mamas to show themselves ni o.

I be learner oo... abeg ooo!

Tahh comot there learner bi bawo tongue. Na may/JUNE new entry the mama dey hail as I see yur hail I tink say Mr Osas4g don score again you knw it can only be God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
enque:
Akorkor baby, ngwa come ova hia and justify ur porting o...b4 Cappo go change am for u

See better skipping rope@ Akorkor. Never mind about EDD, that may keep changing as your Lo gets bigger because they measure what Lo should be weighing and put the EDD in a range for normal baby weight. It's nothing to worry about

@ sisinini, you are one fully ready mum, well done!

@ SURYsuri that sonographer is really unserious, I can imagine the way you must have looked at him when he said Dec 26th lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
Giddyperson:

Cc
Mydreams25
Unic1
Itissettled3
MoskiDarl
LaDivva
Folamee
Prettmum
Sweetestmum
Ahnie
Olukunle5
Abiagirl777

Craving z a baskard...no vomitin yet,insomnia z bae.I told God to make this preg eazy for me all tru and so shal it bee inj.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2016
Akorkor:
@feddy..27, this is really a testimony!!! Glory to God. I have been there and am still there with strong poo cry. Can that drug work for adult? Maybe after delivery? Joining with pile now Na work for me to toilet ohhh.... Na Holy Ghost fire I dey shout in toilet(TMI). Although, presently am on Anusol which my doc recommend for me to insert. I pray it works.

They put a prescription for adults on the pack too so I'm sure you can use it.

Have you tried Miralax for adults? It's good too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VEE992(f): 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
Liftedhands:
Maka why? Abeg tell her to do her Sitz bath using warm water salt and disinfectant. My younger sis delivered four days ago and na me dey chook her yansh inside Sitz Bowl twice daily.

Mamas o...about this episiotomy stitches and sitbaths...I am a FTM and I am a bit confused,the nurses during my antenatal strictly mentioned "no sit baths" for those they stitched their vjay,.rather hot water(+dettol) vapour should be used. That it will loosen the stitches.
And also this sitbath of a thing e,is it that the person will sit inside hot water Biko nu
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
VEE992:

Mamas o...about this episiotomy stitches and sitbaths...I am a FTM and I am a bit confused,the nurses during my antenatal strictly mentioned "no sit baths" for those they stitched their vjay,.rather hot water(+dettol) vapour should be used. That it will loosen the stitches.
And also this sitbath of a thing e,is it that the person will sit inside hot water Biko nu
What my doctor told me during anc was to use warm, lukewarm or even room temperature water! Never hot water. You are to sit inside the bowl with your vjay touching the water(the feeling is soothing). They said steam and hot water is no longer necessary as it makes the skin very tender and may loosen the stitch.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
BritneyStacy:

I hope the stitches were not done on VJ sha cheesy cheesy. ..I don't want you going through such pains

Nah.... grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
*strolls in wt straw to tiff apple jwuiz*

Who's neck is getting darker? Check
Nose getting wider? Check (I had a wide nose b4, so just imagine as d tin com b now)
Milk factory getting bigger? the relief i feel when i take off my bra at nyts eeeh! no b small tin
Shortness of breath especially after climbing the stairs? Not yet o, I still de gallant grin grin grin
Kpekusing getting clumsier? cheesy

Favouredmom:
Catwalks in with her 2 Ltr Apple jwuiz grin

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
Omojudy:

At dollar rate of 400 naira, it will be 44000 anyway
44000? 4400
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chizeal(f): 2:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
Congrats mamaOO
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uglyBetty1(f): 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
faithisallihave:
[quote author=nennynj

I don't need stories that touch either. Am seriously considering opting for CS voluntarily. Jst dat research I ve made on it are not sooting at al but I know i and my lo will come out victorious.[/quotes

I believe you are just scared. You may have heard horrible stories of CS (mostly from people who have never gone through it) or how 'easy' it is to have a VD. smiley
Everyone is afraid of going under the knife. But having done it twice, i would do it again voluntarily. I had an emergency CS (it shall not be your portion)
The truth is both VD and CS has its risk. It is only the grace of God that sees us through.

I strongly suggest you remove the fear of CS from your heart and go for it voluntarily. It's not as scary as it seems, believe me.
And the Nigerian healthcare system has greatly improved. I was up and about two days after my CS and myomectomy.
Your doc is a Doctor for a reason. There is a reason why you consult him so pls follow his advice.

Forgive me but you do not know better than him. If you were a good candidate for VD, he wouldn't have suggested CS. (My doc told me I was having CS right from the first day I saw him at 12 weeks and I accepted wholeheartedly because I trusted him and when my condition improved, he said I could have a VD but as God would have it, Preeclampsia cropped its ugly head so I ended up on the table)
Believe it not all, not all docs like to slice patients open for the money and fun of it.
Your baby is a precious baby. Everything is in the hands of God but if you opt for CS, your doc will have some measure of control.

It shall end in praise. kiss

You have said it all. Infact when my DR told me about elective CS, I didn't refuse and because I had a cerclage on, I accepted. I told DH about it and he said no problem. I had my mind settled because I have already picked a date for it. I prayed about it and told my ppl and we equally prayed about it. I checked into the hospital a day before and the following day after d operation I was encouraged to walk around. My cerclage was equally removed during the Cs(I had to even remind the DR about it)

If I take in again, I think I will just go and pick a date for the CS. Just trust your God and pray for ur DR too. All we want is mother alive, baby alive and father alive with relations and friends rejoicing.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Emerald22(f): 2:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
Graciouscharis:

I also heard that some children are very sensitive to pregnancy hormones so they wean themselves once their mum gets pregnant.
I can so relate to this, my dd was 7months wen i took in and she weaned herself at 9 months. I was confused at first o.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Purity77: 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2016
@Realdentist, Thank you so much mama. God bless you.

@ Anak123, thanks a lot mama. The pain was just indescribable but I thank God for prompt intervention and relief. May God bless you so exceedingly for your very kind & compassionate contribution. Love to your son!

Thanks to mama Zaynie & mama Liftedhands as well.

You guys will never lack help when you need it.
Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VEE992(f): 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2016
Liftedhands:
What my doctor told me during anc was to use warm, lukewarm or even room temperature water! Never hot water. You are to sit inside the bowl with your vjay touching the water(the feeling is soothing). They said steam and hot water is no longer necessary as it makes the skin very tender and may loosen the stitch.

Thank you mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gurlnext2u: 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hope you are fine? I guess you are anxious to see your LO, don't worry it'll happen soon. If LO isn't the issue then May God almighty meet you at the point of your need in Jesus name, Amen. *Hugs*
Team September how are we doing. The lord is our strength. We are blessed and highly favored.
kiss
peggygee:
cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetestmum: 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
Giddyperson:

Cc
Mydreams25
Unic1
Itissettled3
MoskiDarl
LaDivva
Folamee
Prettmum
Sweetestmum
Ahnie
Olukunle5
Abiagirl777

Cappo I am present ma, MS had been fair enough but not without throwing up. I hav been doing like slow motion since conception, looking at someone for few seconds sef makes me tired. Hold foe and chat for 2min, I am tired already.Thanks for checking on us. I dey loyal giddyperson
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hello Ma'am,
any idea where i can buy this in lagos??

Liftedhands:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
nennynj:
@rofemiguwa ; @uglyBetty1

I don't need stories that touch either. Am seriously considering opting for CS voluntarily. Jst dat research I ve made on it are not sooting at al but I know i and my lo will come out victorious.
I had elective CS. I would opt for it over and over again. My only ish is I read about women that complain about stitches opening up after CS in Nigeria and im concerned or even episiotomy pains.
If you can afford to have your child abroad, please go for it. The experience is amazing.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 4:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
Dear e family, abeg anyone who is yet to stock up her house or buy baby essentials shud do so ooooo, Cox prices of things r outrageous now Oooo. Dnt procrastinate, even if u have a little left, n u can afford it, buy more. I'm shocked oooo

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hi Sugah, Eku vigilante grin

How's Ayomide doing? smiley

Please whenever u r less busy, can u post a pix of the PRONATAL. i'd like to get it but I don't have an idea what it looks like.
Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
sugah:

I had elective CS. I would opt for it over and over again. My only ish is I read about women that complain about stitches opening up after CS in Nigeria and im concerned or even episiotomy pains.
If you can afford to have your child abroad, please go for it. The experience is amazing.
Even in Nigeria I have ppl dat gave birth through CS you won't even know except they tell you. My cousin and a few friends I know were already active d second day after the deed.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SisiNini(f): 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
Favouredmom:

Captain, one needs to the needful urgently with way prices of items keep sky-rocketing here... Also, I had to get the items when the energy is still there... Atleast, I can sit back n relax now...

I really need to commend you for steering our 'December-SHIP' so well... May God bless u ma...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
temmy2103:
44000? 4400
You are correct
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
sweetestmum:

Cappo I am present ma, MS had been fair enough but not without throwing up. I hav been doing like slow motion since conception, looking at someone for few seconds sef makes me tired. Hold foe and chat for 2min, I am tired already.Thanks for checking on us. I dey loyal giddyperson

I feel you on the tiredness.

I get so jealous when I get all these 'fair' ms replies. Like why can't that just be me biko. I'm getting symptoms I thought were 3rd trimester symptoms. Like the excess saliva, I'm this close to getting a saliva cup cuz I've to go spit in the sink every minute. I try to force myself to swallow it but it's disgusting grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2303) (2304) (2305) (2306) (2307) (2308) (2309) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.