Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,528 members, 7,770,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:44 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8046247 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (6952) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 10:20am On Mar 09, 2012
wat a feelin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 10:22am On Mar 09, 2012
Thanks Agiboma, its a short pain, one minute am very happy, next am angry. As for crying, thats my national anthem. lol. @ Diamondlove funny i cant eat what i cook, normally am not an eba person but now it is eba and fruits all the way.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TCD: 10:23am On Mar 09, 2012
Dudugirl01:

People keep telling me not to lie on my back, that my child might develop a cross eye because of that, but sometimes, my back hurts and I just want to lie on it, is it really true that lying onur back makes ur child cross eyed?
Lol, lying on your back doesn't cause crossed eye. Its a myth. Just that if you lie on your back, the enlarged uterus compresses the Inferior vena cava (which is a very big vein that transports blood from the lower part of ur body straight up to the heart.) Can cause reduced return of blood to ur heart, u'll can have hypotension (low BP), dizziness , breathlessness. even fainting and death.

Pregnant women are advised to lie laterally on their left side as the IVC lies just right to the right side of the spinal cord behind the pregnant uterus. This prevents them compressing the vein.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 10:29am On Mar 09, 2012
uwani:

Thanks Agiboma, its a short pain, one minute am very happy, next am angry. As for crying, thats my national anthem. lol. @ Diamondlove funny i cant eat what i cook, normally am not an eba person but now it is eba and fruits all the way.

well mayb dats cos of d early stage
i used 2 love junks bt nt anymore, my cousin wz teasin me few days ago wit pizza n sharwama
i jst looked at her lyk woman, b careful

slp dont com at nyt but most afternoons, i jst wanna slp
bt i v dis boss dat cld wake ones slp wit his eyes

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2012
Me hen, if I don't eat rice in a day, I never chop

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 10:49am On Mar 09, 2012
hehehehehehehe
infact
anything i cook goes, but i think i hav been eatin rice everyday
if not jollof, white, coconuy, fried, special
inshort ehn, i make all sorts of rice
mum tells me sometimes dat dis woman u beta relax wit dese ur cooking
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 11:10am On Mar 09, 2012
kai see lucky people, you can even eat rice.
I cant stand anything with beaf, chicken, fish in it, nuting just my eba, okra and fruits, though people say it will get better after the first trimese

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 11:12am On Mar 09, 2012
Might get better or worse
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by osikhueme(f): 11:21am On Mar 09, 2012
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Igosun: 11:37am On Mar 09, 2012
Am in my 22nd week but i wonder why my doctor said i shd wait till like 25th before i have my scan, really want to know who is being having hiccups there, lolz.

This is my second preggy and still strong to HIS glory but with

1. A LOT OF BEEN DOWN (emotionally) i just cry for no reason without nobody giving me headache/wahala.

2. Humm i feel sorry for myself cos now i crave on sweet things like, 7up free sugar, H20 free sugar, small milo with a lot of milk which i dint experience at all with my first pregnancy.

3. I hate to use drugs but the ones they gave me at ANC pisses me off, blood tonic and folic acid, would tell Doc on my next visit.

Do i need advice, hehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 11:48am On Mar 09, 2012
ehn ehn
anoda thing
i used 2 love sugar alot
bt blv me, all i want now is jst water

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2012
congrats Igosun and welcome to our thread

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jemibee: 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2012
I must state that this thread is really interesting and highly instructive. I'm presently 10wks pregg and this is my 2nd preg. I have a 17mths old son. Funny enough, his pregnancy went on smooth without any major complain other than early mrng sickness in my 1st trimester. Thgs normalised afterwards but guys, labour was Hell !! Was languishing in pain for 10 solid hrs before he finally decided to come. He was born at 39wks. I promised myself never to go thru such again but trust me, u'll be the one begging after u've tasted motherhood.

I noticed my son used to be extra happy in the midst of another kid and i said to myself, giving him a sibling would really brighten his day. But with this pregnancy, it's so difficult getting up in the mrngs (started working some 6mths ago), hardly do eat, always tired and don't like eating what i cook.

This is really creating pblms in my marriage. I used to thk my hubby understood me since he never complained but he did ystd and it dawned on me that he doesn't know how much work it is to make a baby. How i wish he could check some stuff online, he'd surely appreciate me better. Also it's not as if i don't cook at all but it's nomore regular.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2012
Hi all,

Just a though to all the pregnant ladies if you would like to let us know the date of your delivery we can post it on the front page so you can see other ladies that are around the same gestation as yourself and perhaps get a pregnancy buddy to share this expereince with. This is very common most pregnancy forumns, but I am not sure because of the culture how it would be accepted here on NL.

What do you guys think.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2012
Jemibee:

I must state that this thread is really interesting and highly instructive. I'm presently 10wks pregg and this is my 2nd preg. I have a 17mths old son. Funny enough, his pregnancy went on smooth without any major complain other than early mrng sickness in my 1st trimester. Thgs normalised afterwards but guys, labour was Hell !! Was languishing in pain for 10 solid hrs before he finally decided to come. He was born at 39wks. I promised myself never to go thru such again but trust me, u'll be the one begging after u've tasted motherhood.

I noticed my son used to be extra happy in the midst of another kid and i said to myself, giving him a sibling would really brighten his day. But with this pregnancy, it's so difficult getting up in the mrngs (started working some 6mths ago), hardly do eat, always tired and don't like eating what i cook.

This is really creating pblms in my marriage. I used to thk my hubby understood me since he never complained but he did ystd and it dawned on me that he doesn't know how much work it is to make a baby. How i wish he could check some stuff online, he'd surely appreciate me better. Also it's not as if i don't cook at all but it's nomore regular.

pls dearie, copy the URL of this post and send to his email. He sure will apprecaite u even more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2012
@ jemybee i agree withsweettweet, lol but seriously the first tri is often difficult and no two pregnancies are alike. Second trimester they say your energy will return and it also brings on a fierce appetite, so watch out lol wink, then third tri you may get tierd again. Is their anyone that can help you out for some time. Where are you located? Maybe when you do cook you can cook in bulk and freeze the food, have any family and friends to go to the market for you. We here for you mommy so please dont get stressed wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by yme1(f): 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2012
during the first time being pregnant (8 weeks), is it normal to feel pain in the lower part of the stomach? Not constant tho.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nekkyrules: 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2012
Nice One, am 27 weeks pregnant and so far, i have every reason to thank God, the major issue am battling with now, is where to get maternity wears from, currently in Lagos, my clothes are getting too small for me now. And is becoming very embarrassing and awkward.

Nice thread by the way.

This is my first baby too, can't wait to meet my precious little tot by June by God's grace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2012
There are several mother care stores where you can get trndy maternity wears
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
Nice thread

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vanessara: 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2012
Hello Ladies,

I hopefully want to get pregnant soon but I must confess I really enjoyed all the experiences you have shared here, I hope to share mine very soon IJN.

Va

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2012
@idprincess, God is surely ur strength, and whether he likes it or not he'll come back to his senses.
as per ur bosoms, get a tight fitting bra. Am sure that will help. Wear the bra all day and night.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by osikhueme(f): 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2012
@ nekkyrules I got some stuff from Joyful mothers @ Oregun, opposite Mobil service station on Kudirat Abiola.

There are also a lot of stores at Alade market Ikeja.

Also i got things like tops from just abt anywhere, just free tops in a size bigger than my normal size.

I hate regular maternity tops but couldnt do without the pants
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2012
Thanks sweettweet but does it ever ease up. I have also noticed my appetite has dropped. Don't know if its subtle worry. I have been looking for a miniflat to retain from a previous owner or a one year thing at mafoluku environs but nthg yet. I wud appreciate any help on that as I can't stay home with the pregnancy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by yme1(f): 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2012
idprincess:

Nice thread. I am presently at 13 weeks! Lovely first trimester but now I need someone to help me hold my bosoms! They seem too warm esp in d night and boy do they hurt! I cool their temper with cold pure water compress whn I can. I am trying to stay strong God has been merciful! The daddy isn't in support of the pregnancy and has basically left me on my own no calls talk more of any other support! Not withstanding, I love my baby! Will b waiting with open arms and a loving heart!
Awww 13 weeks is quite early for warm bossoms, but its perfectly normal. Whenever it does feel warm, massage it gently with ice cubes
For some warm/burning nipples is an early sign for lactation.
Good to know u are staying positive and strong about this. smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2012
idprincess,
mine did not ease up until I gave birth.
u might just have to manage it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 09, 2012
Ok! Bracing up for the boobs! Thanks a mill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kemisuga(f): 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2012
This is one of the best topic on nairaland. Good job posters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by funmeme(f): 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2012
O my God,  my head is just swelling as i go through this thread, now i feel like getting married cos everyone has been bodering ma life to do so, dis is interesting and i want to have my own experience shared soon. God bless you all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2012
@yme the pain you are describing seems normal to me, but if you are ever unsure, please seek medical advice wink

@nekkyrules welcome to the thread, we look fwd to you telling us about your pregnancy expereince

@idprincess welcome and congrats on your pregnancy, i am sorry the dad is not supportive, hopefully in tume he will change his mind and give you the support you deserve and need, where are you located if you dont mind me asking.

@vanessa AMEN ooo

@funmeme youll get here in tume enjoy single life mommy in waiting

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tessybaby(f): 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2012
wow wow

so many pregnant ladies in the house

am 34 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child
this pregnancy has been very stress coz
i have to take care of my 19 months old
daughter and guess what, she is a handfull

she practically beats me up and runs round the house
for me to chase her (she runs fater than me now) lol
i can't wait to have this baby coz i feel soo tired and even sick these
days (just recovering from malaria)

Safe delivery to all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 09, 2012
@agiboma I am in my family house at okoko but my office is at mafoluku hence d desire for d proximity.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (6952) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.