Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,655 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8438948 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (6973) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by switgoody(f): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
Thanx to u all for ur wishes and prayers, very soon I will share my birthstory wit u cos it is a must, being alive today is God's work.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rechybabe(f): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
hello house its been a while missed u guys don't know where to start newbies welcome to d club of pushing ministry nd d vigilantee mamas weldone and dose in d delivery room u will come out and share ur testimony in Jesus name. am counting weeks now for my DE day to join d vigilante group
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lamdec(f): 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hello mamas, I am in my 7 week and I am tired terribly, I couldn't go to work today and I am just at home lying down all day. I treated malaria last week so I am ruling out malaria even though my mouth is bitter. I have been trying to get bread and fish stew down my stomach since morning but it seems like hard work. I beg is this normal, cos the last time I went to see my doctor, he insisted that if its not an emergency case, I should not come until the 12th week before I start ante natal but I hate how I am feeling o, pls help me. I also have cattarh and sore throat..hmmm
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
sayoberry:
afternoon everyone... I could just have googled this and read on my own but I want other mamas esp Preggy ones to learn from it .

so to the experienced moms, in simple terms.. (no use big grammar o)

pls explain Braxton Hicks
when it happens
why it happens
and any other info

thanks a bunch

When it happens - Starts around late 2nd trimester
Why it happens - It's your body practising for labour
Any other info - They are irregular painless contractions. You can usually walk through them .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
switgoody:
Thanx to u all for ur wishes and prayers, very soon I will share my birthstory wit u cos it is a must, being alive today is God's work.

Congrats babes!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
lamdec:
Hello mamas, I am in my 7 week and I am tired terribly, I couldn't go to work today and I am just at home lying down all day. I treated malaria last week so I am ruling out malaria even though my mouth is bitter. I have been trying to get bread and fish stew down my stomach since morning but it seems like hard work. I beg is this normal, cos the last time I went to see my doctor, he insisted that if its not an emergency case, I should not come until the 12th week before I start ante natal but I hate how I am feeling o, pls help me. I also have cattarh and sore throat..hmmm
Same with me. I've been feeling so weak with fluctuating headaches, bitter mouth and sometimes fever. I've ruled out malaria through blood test that came out negative. I'm 5 weeks plus, though I thought I was a week ahead initially, but the ultrasound says its 5 weeks. Dunno what to do about this tired feeling. as it is limiting me from doing lots of things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2014
mumz, congrats darling. may she always be a source of joy to u.
lamdec and all newbies welcome on board
halimatt, pls keep reciting thuma sabila yansarau. may G*d make it easy for u but i dnt subscribe to u being at home at 4cm. if u have another hospital, pls go there
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Suzyt: 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
meme5:

Are u asthmatic? Am experiencing same at d moment n its making my exercise difficult but I used to b asthmatic n it cameup now as a result of fumigation dat was done in our house. I tink u should complain to your doc coz I plan to call my doc too. Medication will depend on hw severe, how old pregnancy is, n if u r actually asthmatic or wat is causing d breathing difficulty. So I suggest u see ur doc.

Thank you very much. I am not asthmatic though I had bouts if bronchitis as a child. I also fumigated my house recently because of tiny roaches that won't let me be. I really didn't want to but those roaches were so embarrassing and would make even the cleanest woman look like a dirty housekeeper.

I'll see my doc as u have suggested. Thanks a lot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Suzyt: 5:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
[quote author=lamdec post=27612428]Hello mamas, I am in my 7 week and I am tired terribly, I couldn't go to work today and I am just at home lying down all day. I treated malaria last week so I am ruling out malaria even though my mouth is bitter. I have been trying to get bread and fish stew down my stomach since morning but it seems like hard work. I beg is this normal, cos the last time I went to see my doctor, he insisted that if its not an emergency case, I should not come until the 12th week before I start ante

It's very normal to be tired and feel generally unwell. It happened to me and I routinely took days off or went home during work. Just take it easy. First tri is reputed to be the sensitive period. Don't stress and be prayerful. I'm shocked at your doc though. I started with ANC at 8 weeks and I get chastised if I miss an appointment.

The Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uppa(m): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
beedam:

Slim4bush no vex, we all welcome you to this wonderful forum. Sabi mamas will come and give u info abt gestational diabetes. Welcome once again
hello beedam, gud evening......i sent you a pm bt you yeto reply me, pls do reply, i nid to confirm something from you. Thanks for your reply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
uppa:
hello beedam, gud evening......i sent you a pm bt you yeto reply me, pls do reply, i nid to confirm something from you. Thanks for your reply
The only message I got from u is "hi". Maybe u should resend it. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
Pls someone should answer my question about gestational diabetes in pregnancy am freeking out o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uppa(m): 8:22pm On Oct 31, 2014
beedam:

The only message I got from u is "hi". Maybe u should resend it. Thanks
i fink you nid to respond to the mail, cos you not following me so i can't send you a full msg until you reply the mail i sent you. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
uppa:
i fink you nid to respond to the mail, cos you not following me so i can't send you a full msg until you reply the mail i sent you. Thanks
I ve responded to it but yet didn't get any message.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
I don't know anything about it that's why I've not responded. Pls calm down, try google or babycentre they have all sorts on that site. Donatee pls can you help
slim4bush:
Pls someone should answer my question about gestational diabetes in pregnancy am freeking out o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uppa(m): 9:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
beedam:

I ve responded to it but yet didn't get any message.
i just sent you a mail now
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imnuflawal: 10:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hello, am new on dis forum nd am so gla to be here. Am on my 12th week goin on to my 13th week, really feels good to be out of my first trimester sickness. I have bin feeling dis vibration around my clitoris, I wanna be sure if its a normal feeling. Tnk u

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyaeji(f): 10:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
MumZ:
went 4 scan on Monday n d result came out as 34wks gone n edd being 1st week of DEC. fear griped me cos I know 4 sure I'm 37weeks + n due 2nd week in Nov. got back 2 my doc, did a tummy measurement n told me not 2 mind d scan, my baby was ova 36 weeks n God forbid baby stays in tummy till DEC.
went home, told hubby, he insulted sonographer dat he dsnt know his work, was still worried bt afta some assurance 4rm health section was a bit calm.
woke up yestdy morning, went 2 pee n noticed some brownish mucor. dis dint hapn wit my boy so I cold my doc, told me 2 come in 4 a check. got 2 d clinic @ past 7, my doc checked me n said I was 2cm n she cldnt feel ny water. told her my water was not broken but I was detained. during my son time, stayed in hospital for 4days cos of false labour, so I really felt dis was same n wanted 2 go home.
wen I saw dey won't let me go, cold mumsy, sent her 2 get labour room n oda few stuff I'd not bought. pinged n charted tryout yestdy.
some mins to 5am started feln a bit of pain after tossing all night, got up n started walking round room n doing d breathing technique (God bless d person dat suggested dis here), it worked 4 d little pain n contraction I was feln. later cldnt stop moving cos d contractions became faster n wld only stop 4 a while. went 2 take my birth @ past 7, was checked n was 7.5 cm. 10mins lata, felt like I want 2 pupu o, doc said time 2 push. contraction stopped me 4rm climbing bed. afta it subsided, I climbed, pushed wit d 1st contraction n shout, doc said no lazy o n don't shout just breath, second contraction, pushed hard n my 3kg princess came out @ exactly 38weeks, by 8.04am 2dy.
don't know bout nyting else, bt it was God all d way. far far easier dan I had wit my boy. so 2 all pushing mothers, just talk 2 God how u want it, He is ever faithful.
make una no vex say e 2 long, na happiness cos am. now na breast milk we dey pray 2 comot o, she don suck d breast like dat sleep 4 now. tanks 4 reading.
congrats to u, may God keep nd protect ur lo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AwesomeGodIAv: 10:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
Mamas pls help me oooooooooo

Av bin spotting since on Monday
Whenever i pee d blood dropped. I was rushed to d hospital on Wednesday due to serious Abdominal pain
I was treated at d emergency unit, did all test
scan result was dat d pregnancy is too early to b seen nd i also av infection UTI av bin given drugs prescription for d infection nd for d pain.

And also Threatened Miscarriage.

Av bin directed to see a Gyn for further treatment.

Mamas please rise nd pray for me not to loose pregnancy i beg u all.

Av crying nd praying ooo

God please wipe away my tears nd give me Testimony
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamasy: 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
@ slim4 bush, was also diagnosed gestational diabetes.
What diet are u on, doctors approval? All I was told to do was eat healthy and avoid sugar . How far gone are you. Though doctor didn't let me get to 40 weeks and was induced at 38 weeks due to diabetes
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twinmama(f): 11:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
AwesomeGodiav, the Lord will perfect what He has done in your life. Just keep hope alive, stay focused on God it shall be well. Absolute rest is all ui need.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twinmama(f): 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
Slim4bush, just follow what Mamasy said and most importantly, watch what u eat. Eat green and fruit. U have nothing to worry about and u can also google it. Pele
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DonaTee(f): 2:21am On Nov 01, 2014
@switgoody and mumz a big congratulations to u. God who has done this awesome miracle wil supply riches to cater to ur LOs n family.

@suzyt its normal. Ur baby is growin @awesome speed n pushing ur lungs n ribs upwards. Pls take gently breathes. Ders nothin much u can do. As d preggy continues ur tummy wil descend n u ll start breathin fine again.

@halimatt how r u? May God settle u. Frm 4cm no1 has d right to send u home contractions or not.

@mamasy inyanga pikin ℓσℓ u don already dey wear figure 8 dress? Dis wan u dey worry about ya tummy cheesy
BTW its ur uterus dat goes back to PRE-PREGGY size n it happens gradually n completed long b4 6weeks. If ur tummy is big its more of fat n stretched skin. It wil gradually go back. Kip breast feeding. It helps d uterus shrink faster. As for tummy fat n skin depends on ur genes. D hot water stuff I didn't do much jus a few days so I don't knw much about it

@imnuflawal its perfectly normal. Der is increased blood flow to dat are dats y. I hope u n Oga dey "do the DO"? It wil dampen d vibrations AsAP cheesy

@slim4bush I don de find dat ur Q tire. I can't read bak anymore. Pls follow ur doctors advice on diet n drugs. Ur diet is sooooooooo important. Also ur routine urinalysis check during antenatal. Gestational DM also has tendency for Big babies. D key is to av a control blood sugar cos dat wil really help to avoid complications on d baby n U. Pls always see ur doctor wen due, don't self medicate n I'm sure ur doctor wil discuss delivery options wit u once u r about 34 to 36weeks...@dat point ur baby is better out in a few weeks. Getting to 40weeks is not advisable to avoid exposure time to complications. Pls not to scare u or other mamas. Google wil tell u more. Be rest assured millions of women have it n go thru many preggy witout much hassels. May God help u.

*so help me God to pop in more to avoid missing Questions jare*

...zzzz sleep typing.....zzzzz

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 2:39am On Nov 01, 2014
slim4bush:
Hello evryone,am new here am 13weeks and 5days pregnant and have gestational diabetes,wanna find out if anyone here is battling same thing,how are you coping and wat have u been doing differently,tho am in diet but stull wanna hearfrom pple that knw more abt it

Hello,

I also had diabetes in all of my pregnancies, the most important thing is to monitor your diet and limit your sugar/carbohydrate intake. So that means adhering to a diabetic diet throughout your pregnancy and after delivery until your blood sugars get back to a normal level. So you should avoid any fanta, malt and all those carbonized drinks that are high in sugar. Always choose the sugar free drink option. When selecting meal chooses limit the rice, white bread, yams etc. You should eat more meats (high in proteins) and vegetables (high in vitamins, minerals) and fruits because they are simple sugars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 3:50am On Nov 01, 2014
agiboma:
@rezzy the symptoms you are describing are not normal. Go and see your OB.

Thank you so much, if i hadnt rushed to the hospital, the story would have been different. Im grateful
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Suzyt: 5:13am On Nov 01, 2014
AwesomeGodIAv:
Mamas pls help me oooooooooo

Av bin spotting since on Monday
Whenever i pee d blood dropped. I was rushed to d hospital on Wednesday due to serious Abdominal pain
I was treated at d emergency unit, did all test
scan result was dat d pregnancy is too early to b seen nd i also av infection UTI av bin given drugs prescription for d infection nd for d pain.

And also Threatened Miscarriage.

Av bin directed to see a Gyn for further treatment.

Mamas please rise nd pray for me not to loose pregnancy i beg u all.

Av crying nd praying ooo

God please wipe away my tears nd give me Testimony

You will not cast your young in Jesus name. You will carry that baby to term and deliver like the Hebrew women. Please begin to speak the word over your baby and you will testify by His grace. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Suzyt: 5:15am On Nov 01, 2014
@Donatee

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 01, 2014
Thanx you all,am 14weeks 2day,i ve been place on diet,no carbohydrate,carbonated drink etc,just that some times its good to hear from pple who have battled same,tnk u all for your response I wish us all supernatural delivery,gudmorning and hapi new month

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 7:52am On Nov 01, 2014
Good morning house, happy new month to you all. May it usher in goodness for us and may we enjoy mercy of the Lord. Amen

Congratulations to all October mum's who have given birth and I pray the remaining ones will share wonderful testimonies of how God made it easy for them soonest. Amen

November mother, where una dey o? This is your month oya do shakara(9 months no be joke nah wink) I pray you find God's favour. You won't have reasons to start running helter and skelter in Jesus name. Amen. Go and Deliver!

To the remaining pushing mamas,the Lord is our strength. He will make it easy for us in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sallyopy(f): 8:16am On Nov 01, 2014
Happy new month to all beautiful mum in d house may God almighty ease our journey.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AwesomeGodIAv: 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
Suzyt:

You will not cast your young in Jesus name. You will carry that baby to term and deliver like the Hebrew women. Please begin to speak the word over your baby and you will testify by His grace. Amen.

Amen in Jesus Name.

Thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
My testimony, where u dey?

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (6973) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Babena(f), Exceldamsel(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.