Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8125090 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 6:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
My baby was finally head down at my last ANC, now I spend all the time worrying that she would turn again cuz she's always so hyperactive. How often do they even turn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzleemah(f): 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
Yasmeena:
Aww... Ma sha Allah! I'm so happy for you, dear teamie. You will carry to full term, in sha Allah.
ameen ya Allah, we will all carry to full term.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneejima(f): 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=Pweetiebabe post=53892560] Just came back from d lab, there is a gynaecologist there and ask me to do scan,the gestation sac was seen.

The scan indicated PID and early cyesis. I was ask to do HVS which I did immediately going back for the result on friday[/quote
My dear please see a doctor if possible have different opinions, which one is pid. Insist on progesterone supplement it ll do u no harm, nothing ll happen to ur testimony in Jesus name... Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2017
kuhuz:
glory b to God Almighty!!! my prince charming made his grand entrance yesterday oo through VD, he weighs 3.5kg. I am a mother now!! team February kwenu!!
Congrats dear. U are now a mother indeed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=Kittana post=53886528]Sooo I figured I owe u my people, a more complete version of my BS...

Prt 1;

DH had become anxious to see LO immediately we hit the 36th week. He just couldn't fathom why the much talked about "9months", isn't simply 36weeks. And because he's heard from somewhere about the benefits of a good kpekus in late pregnancy, he lobbied for it every night, immediately we hit the 36th.

I had experienced terrible contractions one night (the first of the two nights I gave in to DH) during the 38th week, after the do, so much that I started doing everything afterwards, to avoid DH. Turning in early, taking a shite for longer than normal and stuff like that.

Anyway, it so happened that I decided to give DH a taste of the cookie again on the 40th week, and as expected, I started having those contractions again. I felt they will taper off like before tho, but no. They continued into the morning and made me decide to visit the hospital to complain about the latest trend of having painful "Braxton Hick's" contractions.

My landlady, who's a retired ER nurse was phoned by DH to come give me a quick check at daybreak and I heard her whispering to DH something about my pelvis being too tight.... Didn't care what that might mean as I'm used to her always seeing and suggesting the downsides of everything. Instead, I tried to concentrate on making it through every episode of the increasingly painful contractions as she asked if my water had broken or if I've seen the show. Told her no and what I suspected was happening, but she adviced that I carried my hospital bags along to the hospital anyway.

So out, I brought my bags, then made to take a quick shower, when i became aware of the wetness down below. Took a swipe with my left palm and there it was; the show. Mine was not catarrh-ish at all. It was blood and clear water, like spotting before or after menses. Had the shower and announced that I had indeed seen it and off we drove to the clinic.

Got to the hospital, went straight to the labour ward while DH sorted out my file at records and in that ward, was a nurse, just parambulating. I was confused by her. I greeted her, she responded, was looking at me, I was looking back at her and I just couldn't figure out what or how she wanted me to say what I wanted. I felt my very pregnant belly and the fact that I'm in the labour ward should say it all, but I guess she wanted to see some action. And some action she did see, as with the next contraction, I couldn't help but grab the table and got down on my knees. That was when she understood I did not come to snap picture and started calling her fellow nurses in another room to do that and this.

She had me lie on a bed, checked for dilation and asked how many kids I've had. Told her I'm a ftm and she said it's a wonder I was that calm at 4cm gone. She left me then and I heard my landlady asking if I was being sent back home and she was told I'd be staying.

There is no one description for Labour. It's every pain and no pain ever imagined. Everyone has to experience it firsthand and tell their own version. Keeping in mind that I've always been able to bear a good amount of pain, I'll just say - Labour is Braxton Hicks...only badass. It's BH contractions but with a fish hook tugging down on your uterus and jajaina for too long in every episode.

So there I was, oohing and ahhing but on the low. Didn't raise my voice at all and every once and again, the nurses would pass by and hail me, saying I really was calm for a first time mum. In the other cabin was a screaming woman who from the nurses' discussions, was a third time mum and had been there since the night before, but had only progressed to 4cm as well. She was plugged to a fetal monitor 'cos the whole ward could hear her babe's HB and a somewhat insensitive doc, was threatening to leave her 'cos she said his fingers were hurting her.

Hubby came in with my bags and began talking about the blood donation we didn't get to do and I asked him not to mention it to anybody just yet. I knew he was uncomfortable with my state and made to zap. I allowed him as I wasn't in a chitchat mood myself and asked him to say a prayer or two for me, while he's outside.

So there I was, fighting through each contraction, when a student doc carried his big book to me and started asking plenty jamb questions and penning down replies. How I got pregnant, DH's job, if I take alcohol and plenty stuff I can't remember now jare. Then a real professional came to check dilation, said I was 7cm gone, left for about an hour and returned to break my water. I stilled myself for the "breaking", only to be left wondering if he really did anything.

After the breaking tho, the pain kinda intensified...But I would say the real torture in labour (from my experience), is not directly from the pain per se, but the span which it lasts. Every episode might really not be more intense than the previous, but because of the shorter gaps between each, you're left with not enough time to catch your breath.[/quote
mama I hail u oooo..... I don give u d chairlady for kpekusing ministry. I don't knw how me go do ooo becox na once in a week things I dey ooo(dh not in town) but i pray he will be much around during our baby's delivery.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
Kittana:

Thanks jare. No mind the big head doc. The tears were very tiny and stitching was done sharperly like 30mins sha. I wonder how anyone can say an episiotomy is better than a normal tear. Maybe my own is very different sha. I'm healed as I post this and ready to go again...na joke I de ooo.
I wish you super fast and uneventful dilation like mine in Jesus name. Amen.
Make sure na joke u dey do ooo or nah that student doc go see u on top. Lolz
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzezkay: 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
@jazzyjazz....pls i nid a copy of the supernatural childbirth ebook.....ogunmolakyd@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firstpregnancy: 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
Mzleemah:
ameen ya Allah, we will all carry to full term.

in sha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firstpregnancy: 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
ummhalimah:

I had my baby then at 40+3 and she weighed 2.8kg, but she was long that even the doctors were looking for her dad to see his height, coz I am short. For the pcv, astyfer helps coz that's what they recommend in FMC. Just try and eat healthy and use your routine drugs. Safe delivery to all of us

oh Jazakillahu khayran
Ameen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 20, 2017
Kittana:

Triplets ke? Stop that play oo. When they say vigilante is real, they mean it literally. No Davinci code to it. Plus my breasts are at the point of detaching from my chest. My baby na Obiangeli. Minister of food and finance. Food prefect.
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firstpregnancy: 7:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
enque:
How far gone r u?? R u worried about ur baby's weight being low?

my scan result says it's 36weeks and some days was worried about the weight
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firstpregnancy: 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2017
Benignasweety:
Not really small o, my late Son weighed 2.9kg and e big sha.

Thanks
sorry for that sweety
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
firstpregnancy:

my scan result says it's 36weeks and some days
was worried about the weight

Scans r not 100% reliable, so don't bug ur head about it. Just pray to God for a healthy baby n safe delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Abiagirl777(f): 9:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
firstpregnancy:

my scan result says it's 36weeks and some days
was worried about the weight

NNE don't worry your head over those scan results,that's how mine was at 35 wks ,gave birth to 4kg at 37+3 weeks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 10:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
Kittana:

Thanks jare. No mind the big head doc. The tears were very tiny and stitching was done sharperly like 30mins sha. I wonder how anyone can say an episiotomy is better than a normal tear. Maybe my own is very different sha. I'm healed as I post this and ready to go again...na joke I de ooo.
I wish you super fast and uneventful dilation like mine in Jesus name. Amen.
AMEN ooo !!! Tank u jare...oya chop kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 10:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
kuhuz:
glory b to God Almighty!!! my prince charming made his grand entrance yesterday oo through VD, he weighs 3.5kg. I am a mother now!! team February kwenu!!
Congrats newest mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 10:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
firstpregnancy:

really appreciate your prompt response
may God bless you

pls my edd changed from 7th to 13th of March (did Scan on Saturday)

should I be in my 36th weeks now ?

can some sonographer be incorrect?
Yh some are incorrect... My gynae will say...a scan result dats correct depends on d ability and accuracy of d sonographer and d machine too...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Florena(f): 11:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
ToyosiR:
Good day , my lovely mamas,

How is the pushing for pushers and vigilantee for mamas.....

Hope its going fine.

#TeamAugust, how una dey oooo.

I hope we are rounding up our first trimesters.

I have some of our list ..... Please, we need a captain as teamSeptember no dey gree at all.

ToyosiR
twogreatnations
ebony13
florena
Ify15
Dazzle86
Ifylicious
Mzbee
Yasmeena

Abeg, make everybody come out and choose a captain our team

#teamkiakiadelivery #teamNoLossCounting #TeamGodsfavourforSupernaturalMiracle

shocked shocked shocked shocked florena no get belle oooo, I Neva resume kpekus self, make una no carry ham give me abeg.

Its my birth month though, may the lord make it easy for you all!

I sight my former teammates, una do ooo!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 12:10am On Feb 21, 2017
Sent
Mzezkay:
@jazzyjazz....pls i nid a copy of the supernatural childbirth ebook.....ogunmolakyd@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lululuv(f): 3:06am On Feb 21, 2017
Team july hope all is well with us. Abeg makge una de step in once in a while.
Sleeping has become a problem for me. Woke up since 1am and can't sleep again. God help me when I hav not even started vigilante oo.
Please mama's, Went to ANC on Friday and d nurse said my bp was higher dan d last time from 110/72 or so to 130/.... not sure. should i be worried?
Lastly have added 4kg in about two months, is it too much? Should I watch it? Please sabi mama's no waka pass.
#TeamJulyforsupernaturalchildbirth..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kittana: 4:07am On Feb 21, 2017
Chrisdada16:

Kia I ned to come out your baby is beautiful

Thank you! Please stay out nau... smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kittana: 4:11am On Feb 21, 2017
sunbestie:

Make sure na joke u dey do ooo or nah that student doc go see u on top. Lolz

grin grin grin
Wicked mama..How many months hin won use de do housemanship...this one wey dem neva let am de stitch so..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kittana: 4:12am On Feb 21, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

AMEN ooo !!! Tank u jare...oya chop kiss kiss

kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kittana: 4:14am On Feb 21, 2017
Phewwwwwwwww!

Make i no go carry last to talk am....

VIGILANTE IS REAL.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 5:23am On Feb 21, 2017
Lululuv, don't watch weight o biko ur baby needs d nutrients. Just eat every every in moderation. Which hospital r u using now?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twogreatnations: 6:32am On Feb 21, 2017
ToyosiR:
Good day , my lovely mamas,

How is the pushing for pushers and vigilantee for mamas.....

Hope its going fine.

#TeamAugust, how una dey oooo.

I hope we are rounding up our first trimesters.

I have some of our list ..... Please, we need a captain as teamSeptember no dey gree at all.

ToyosiR
twogreatnations
ebony13
florena
Ify15
Dazzle86
Ifylicious
Mzbee
Yasmeena

Abeg, make everybody come out and choose a captain our team

#teamkiakiadelivery #teamNoLossCounting #TeamGodsfavourforSupernaturalMiracle

I jump and pass oo. Twogreatnations no get belle o. I wish all healthy pregnancy and safe delivery.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MercyMercy(f): 6:46am On Feb 21, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
I know the lord of Abraham, Isaac and jacob won't put me to shame.
No,He won't. He that began the good works will surely bring it to perfection. Pls relax your mind and stay positive.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 21, 2017
firstpregnancy:

Thanks sorry for that sweety
No wahala. itz all in the past now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 7:20am On Feb 21, 2017
Good morning mamas. Hope una sleep very well last night. My teamies for team march how una dey? Are we good to gooooo? Hope we are doing our exercises and getting set to take over soon.
Lululuv don't worry about d weight just make sure u eat heathly. So which hospital are u using now?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 7:22am On Feb 21, 2017
Good morning mamas. Hope una sleep very well last night. My teamies for team march how una dey? Are we good to gooooo? Hope we are doing our exercises and getting set to take over soon. cheesy
Lululuv don't worry about d weight just make sure u eat heathly. So which hospital are u using now?

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 7:27am On Feb 21, 2017
Giddyperson:
My baby was finally head down at my last ANC, now I spend all the time worrying that she would turn again cuz she's always so hyperactive. How often do they even turn
My baby has been head down for some time now, I fink babies turn weneva Dre's enof room to turn...as in maybe wen u lie on ur back...or sumfin...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 7:45am On Feb 21, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

My baby has been head down for some time now, I fink babies turn weneva Dre's enof room to turn...as in maybe wen u lie on ur back...or sumfin...
Ok I've decided to just stop obsessing over it, she should make herself comfortable.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.