Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8132929 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3250) (3251) (3252) (3253) (3254) (3255) (3256) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
ebonychic18:
curvymama grin sorry sha but I don't know of any particular cure. I think you just manage it like every other condition. The beauty of MS is that surely it must end someday. Be it 3 months but kpatakpata after 9 months it must surely end. So just console yaself with that inugo(you hear)? Keep trying different things to alter the taste in your mouth, distract yourself by watching or going to the movies, sleep for Africa cheesy take strolls, change environment or travel. Sorry dear. Hugs.

Ok I'll keep trying to keep on keeping on
Thank you, sis

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nnetriplet: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
katchycouture:

you wan send them nii.... we are covered and soaked with the blood of Jesus....
lol, amen oooo.....no mind me ooo just that at d news we read on nairaland daily,....I expect the place to be swimming with blood.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
Giddyperson:

Do you work, try to go out everyday, that helps a lot
I'm a stay at home mom sad
Will start the walk or stroll tomorrow but walking makes me very weak
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nnetriplet:

lol, amen oooo.....no mind me ooo just that at d news we read on nairaland daily,....I expect the place to be swimming with blood.
swimming with blood ke? Ani ri esu o! May God keep us all safe.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmmTwins2: 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
Yes MoyosBlog123, Swidar is a brand of Fansidar. I took it as IPT at 22wks or so
and I didn't react to it....but then I never react to any drug so maybe u can take precautions like other mamas advised. The midwife told me to take it after a heavy meal.
Prettyhurts hw body? Pls take care of urself. kiss kiss to ur minime.
Congrats eksbabe, edithodg n d rest new vigilante recruits. May God strengthen us all. queenhectate, pls try rest well n get help if u can. kiss kiss to ur princess.
Welcome ma'am Lovinam, Hp u brought mama oyoyo grin

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 11:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
I just used it few minutes ago. Trying to sleep now so I don't feel the reaction.
Don't really know what malaria is looking for again after taking all the required dosage
Thanks ma'am.I appreciate

UmmTwins2:
Yes MoyosBlog123, Swidar is a brand of Fansidar. I took it as IPT at 22wks or so
and I didn't react to it....but then I never react to any drug so maybe u can take precautions like other mamas advised. The midwife told me to take it after a heavy meal.
Prettyhurts hw body? Pls take care of urself. kiss kiss to ur minime.
Congrats eksbabe, edithodg n d rest new vigilante recruits. May God strengthen us all. queenhectate, pls try rest well n get help if u can. kiss kiss to ur princess.
Welcome ma'am Lovinam, Hp u brought mama oyoyo grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Elixir123: 12:03am On Jul 22, 2017
Congrats eksbabe,Edith and Queenhacate.May God bless your los!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 1:01am On Jul 22, 2017
Teamaugust and other mamas, is it weird that I have not experienced braxton hicks contractions at 35weeks +3? I only read about it here. They say the tummy tightens, my tummy always feels tight so that description does not work for me.
Are there people who never have braxton hicks?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by katchycouture(f): 1:19am On Jul 22, 2017
Nnetriplet:

haaa this mama u are harsh ooooo....swimming with blood kee?? the heavens forbid

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debclem(f): 2:00am On Jul 22, 2017
All the mamas that contributed to my post on yeast infection, God bless you all. I will try the garlic insertion, my doctor said the yeast infection reoccur alot in pregnancy but the good thing is it disappears after delivery like most of you said, thanks a lot.

I pledge to take my prenatal Henceforth, will do my best, so help me God. grin
Thanks to all who took their time to share their experiences, I really appreciate.

Our July mamas be dropping it like it's hot, Congrats to you all.
Please who knows how we can fast-forward time, October biko come ASAP, ike agwụlam. This struggle is getting real, insomnia and heartburn is becoming mean ass monsters.
#octoberMamas#TheLordIsOurMuscle
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hernyhorla: 3:09am On Jul 22, 2017
ifyalways:

Machine wash. Lowest, not child care
Persil non bio and comfort fabric conditioner. Hand rinse so many times.

Dunno about affordable breast pump but I think I prefer manual pumps, I get creeped out with the thought of plugging my boobs with Nigerian electricity undecided

Milk? Dunno. Always did ebf and glucose for first days till the milk flows

For breastpump,the kinyo double electric pump is good and doesn't consume much power.
I used washing machine with setting baby care on my lg washing machine and had colour mix up with the clothes so I have put a stop for now to machine.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hernyhorla: 3:21am On Jul 22, 2017
Damisinto:
My sister it is really well. God bless our LOs, my face is swollen, eye balls heavy feeling dizzy as a result of sleepless night. We circumcised him this morning and he has not stopped crying, i so much pity him sha.

To d remaining pregnant mum PLEASE use this period to rest well ooo vigilante is real except u have siblings or inlaws to help out with chores.
May God make it easy for u.

Mamas please which is better coconut oil or engine oil for d circumcision site?

Please don't use any oil on that part. My son was circumcised on Saturday and he only cried that moment he urinated. We were given paracetamol and asked not to apply anything. The ring came off on Tuesday on its own.

uthor=queenhecate post=58675921]thank you all. am still reeling from the whole debacle.

please this vigilante is killing me, I had to go back to the hospital yesterday as I nearly had a seizure yesterday. constant headache, chest pain, swollen legs you name it and nobody to do omugwo for me join.

my bp was 180/92 and the doctor prescribed sleeping pills and scolded me that I should sleep when baby sleeps.

fastforward to yesternite and I was looking forward to sleeping as I was told baby will get it from breast milk and sleep too. na so sleep carry me oo but this little rat for wiaaaa.. She woke up her usual 53times when my breast aka her soother removes from her mouth.

am just a walking zombie this morning. my husband is so worried too. I am feeding her now to see if she can drop off so that I can sleep awhile.

I really don't want to go on hypertensive drugs as the doctor threatened.

sleeping after childbirth has always being my problem as if the adrenaline will refuse to come down.

women dey try oo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 4:00am On Jul 22, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Still a bit weak but better than before dear, I know another one will come and stay. Hope my son is good and please your chi have not left you.

Bomgirl & katchycouture I'm good ma.

So sorry about this but I love the faith sis. Rest and rest pls. You will be fine. How is prettybaby....trust she is not feeling discomfort again as regards to her new teeth. Thanks,do take care.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 5:28am On Jul 22, 2017
Olu21ola
Haf you born?
If not, plz go to the hospital o
Before you born for house
Some women don't experience labour pain until fully dialated. And you know this is your first.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queenhecate: 6:28am On Jul 22, 2017
Prettyhurts so sorry for your loss nne. Our lady comfort and help you amen.

Congratulations to all July mamas that have come out to the other side,good health is our portion in Jesus name, Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chikebrain: 6:30am On Jul 22, 2017
Good day our Beautiful expectant mum. Please is it wise to give my wife paracetamol as she complains of headache most times.

Biko come to my aid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 6:49am On Jul 22, 2017
Chikebrain:
Good day our Beautiful expectant mum. Please is it wise to give my wife paracetamol as she complains of headache most times.

Biko come to my aid
Paracetamol is safe in pregnancy

Though when I was pregnant I avoided all other drugs except my prenatal vitamins

Sometimes, let her try sitting in a dark and quiet room, she should not watch TV or press her phone when she has the headache

You can also place a damp towel on her forehead

All these worked for me then
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 6:53am On Jul 22, 2017
curvilicious:

I experienced MS till the day I put to bed
But I discovered that I had this burst of energy from 5pm every day!
So I will sleep or try to rest from morning till 4pm, I'll take a bath and then stroll to the market (it is 50 Naira bike ride from my house). These strolls helped me alot

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 7:30am On Jul 22, 2017
BS!!!!
First of all, i wanto give thanks to Almighty God for this priviledge to be parents to this great gift.
On Thursday evening, i was having this reoccuring lower back ache so dh and i tot to time it to see if it could be contractions. Lo and behold it was coming more frequently but i insisted we stayed at home and go to the hospital on friday morning. Dh was not having all that as they got more serious so at some mins to 12am we left the house to the hospital.
The doctor on duty(not so nice man) did that VE on me (not painful tho, once the hand gets to where its going) and said i was 5cm gone, i was happy and knew we would meet our bundle of joy early that morning.
We were admitted and the contractions got more intense but i was still laughing tru it. DH was with me so i had someone to put all the pressure from contractions on.
At 7.40 am with strong and mad contractions, the Doctor checked me again and said i was 8cm gone, i was a bit relieved that soon just soon baby boy will arrive.
Fast forward to 11.30 am the MD gangan came to check on me, did the VE and said i was just 8cm gone that the other Doctor was just being generous but he will say the exact thing as it is. At this point i was terribly disappointed and frustrated. Like how can i be 8cm since 12am? With this mad contractions that seemed like i was gonna give up. I said all sorts of nasty stuff to Dh cuz my body was no longer mine, but i kept declaring positive words to my baby and begged him to yield to them.
After the MD(ohh such a godly man) did the VE, he broke my water and said they should administer Oxytocin to hasten the whol process, hmmm that was when i knew real labour.
My sisters that thing is out of this world, i had wicked and strong contractions that were so consistent, my body was no longer mine, i thought i was gone, DH was trying to console me but i told him not to touch me, i wont wish that thing on my enemy cuz it is hell.
When they hit me, i would scream the nurses would say i was pushing but i kept saying "i'm not pushing this baby is pushing me". Ohh the nurses too were angels, such young ladies with a good heart, they were with me all the way, encouraging me and praying with me. They kept saying u're doing great, just try some more. God bless them.
At some minutes past 1pm, MD came in and said i should push intensely when i had the contractions and ohh i was happy that we were almost there. I pushed with all my strength and might, and after about the 4th push and a big cut, at 1.40pm, my hunny bunny popped out with such loud cry, he was placed on my tummy and he was soo warm. I just started thanking God, praying for the Doctor, Nurses everyone around. I bursted into tears, same with DH he could contain his excitement.
All the while, our phones were off cuz we didnt want family members to suspect anything, my mum had called my mil and everyone was worried sick but thank God it ended in praise.
I still sit think about all that labour pains and wonder about how i survived mehnn it was just God. I dont know how soon i wanna take in again cuz i just cant forget all that pain yet but my mum says God has a way of making a woman forget all that and soon again i would start to think of having another child. Well, we shall see how it goes.
Thank you all for the prayers, answers to questions and congratulatory messages. God bless you and yours.
My fellow teamies that are yet to drop, may it be swift and smooth for you in Jesus Name.
I pray God makes it easier for other preggy mamas and grant our ATC sisters their desires.
Peace.....
Cc Cappo Phlakkeys

61 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 8:02am On Jul 22, 2017
curvilicious:

You don't have to start walking if it makes you tired before you go and faint on the road. You could visit a friend or go to the mall and window shop/see a movie, attend a random church program. Places you could easily sit when you get tired. From my experience, the days you leave the house are always the easiest and it helps fight the feeling of depression. If you don't feel up to any of it tho just forget it, in a couple of months now when you are trying to get pregnant again wink you won't even remember this feeling.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 8:29am On Jul 22, 2017
ebonychic18:
curvymama grin sorry sha but I don't know of any particular cure. I think you just manage it like every other condition. The beauty of MS is that surely it must end someday. Be it 3 months but kpatakpata after 9 months it must surely end. So just console yaself with that inugo(you hear)? Keep trying different things to alter the taste in your mouth, distract yourself by watching or going to the movies, sleep for Africa cheesy take strolls, change environment or travel. Sorry dear. Hugs.

Thank you so much. I decided to sleep over at a friend's place. Chineke! See d way i sleep nd sleep nd sleep like who drink overdose sleeping pills. Deyummmn this morning i feel refreshed nd am beginning to feel like a human being, no longer like a hippopotamus grin
Thank you soooo much for d enviro change suggestion

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 8:31am On Jul 22, 2017
Giddyperson:

You don't have to start walking if it makes you tired before you go and faint on the road. You could visit a friend or go to the mall and window shop/see a movie, attend a random church program. Places you could easily sit when you get tired. From my experience, the days you leave the house are always the easiest and it helps fight the feeling of depression. If you don't feel up to any of it tho just forget it,[s] in a couple of months now when you are trying to get pregnant again[/s] wink you won't even remember this feeling.
Couple of months ko, couple of months ni angry

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 8:43am On Jul 22, 2017
curvilicious:

Couple of months ko, couple of months ni angry
cheesy Same thing I used to say, now hubby is always running away from me cuz I'm always talking about how much I want a baby boy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by perfectcrown(f): 8:45am On Jul 22, 2017
beyedew:
After taking that my garden egg leave juice and condensed milk, my sisters, I start purge ooo. I kept on purging and purging. I took 3 bottles of sprite mixed with salt and sugar before I got myself back. Don't know if the concoction made me purge or my system just decided to purge itself. Next time, I will chew the thing, no juicing sef.
Just thought I should share since I posted it here before someone will decide to try it.
Good evening mamas.

Sorry mama. But i suspect the condensed milk. Why didnt u try it with ordinary liqiud milk?

When i was pregnant with my first,i juiced ugwu and mixed with liquid milk to boost my blood level and it really worked o cus i dint need any blood after d cs.

Pele .

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 8:53am On Jul 22, 2017
Giddyperson:

cheesy Same thing I used to say, now hubby is always running away from me cuz I'm always talking about how much I want a baby boy.

I thought you said you are taking a vacation from the ministry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 9:03am On Jul 22, 2017
Dazzle86:
Teamaugust and other mamas, is it weird that I have not experienced braxton hicks contractions at 35weeks +3? I only read about it here. They say the tummy tightens, my tummy always feels tight so that description does not work for me.
Are there people who never have braxton hicks?
Yep, you're normal, you can feel it around 38/39 weeks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2017
Dazzle86:

I thought you said you are taking a vacation from the ministry
grin That's why I chose abstinence as my own preferred method of family planning and you know how that goes. [s]wont be surprised if I'm already carrying my baby boy[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Maami ayam not doubting her ni, ayam just asking her question grin cheesy and she answered me ni grin
[s]Lol you this shady mama, obodo oyibo is not covered by one big AC o cheesy. But you people in Ijebu Ode won't understand[/s].

So sorry about your loss.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 10:01am On Jul 22, 2017
Giddyperson:
So this is how you people used your bad mouth to pursue that poor man that came to register on behalf of his wife, when he was only looking out for your heavily pregnant arsess. Who's his cappo, biko mention him let him come back, we've forgiven and forgotten grin

You wantu start again ba!Biko hapu that Nwoke di'ime alone.we are comfy with his wife inu go?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by aghaibiam(f): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2017
Team september.How are we holding up?
I had to go to the hospital on wednesday due to light contractions and mucus discharge.I am currently 32 weeks.Doctor scanned me and said cervix was closed and no fetal distress.He gave me ampicilin and salbutamol to stop the contractions.He ordered strict bed rest of 16hours per day.I went to work and my boss told me to leave the office and give her a call when baby comes(8weeks)!
Blood pressure 90/55.
I have been home since wed and its not easy just lying down.woke up around 5:00am with those contractions again.Hubby made me a cup of tea and I ate with two slices of bread.It stopped and i am lying in bed as i type feeling sorry for myself.
I am tired!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 22, 2017
Giddyperson:

[s]Lol you this shady mama, obodo oyibo is not covered by one big AC o cheesy. But you people in Ijebu Ode won't understand[/s].

So sorry about your loss.

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

Thanks mama's, I'm grateful.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3250) (3251) (3252) (3253) (3254) (3255) (3256) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.