Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,061 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8212805 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
kaffy4bill:
Proudmom and dad,wia r thou
Clinix and sammie,ao is vigilante service goin?
Other vigilante crew I hail ooo
Beedam and oda Jan mamas, ao is it going
To everybody, one love
My sis i dey o 2 type na world cup 4me,I'm down wit catarrh,headache, body n waist pains. I just loyal jare.Thanks 4 checking on me sis...proud dad is kul.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 9:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
Mzora:
@kaffy4bill

Cld b baby's presenting part or effect of stretching stomach... nothing to worry abt
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Cld b baby's presenting part or effect of stretching stomach... nothing to worry abt
tnks kaffy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
@beedam how u dey? may u deliver like d hebrew women.Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 11:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
proudmom38:
@beedam how u dey? may u deliver like d hebrew women.Amen

Amen to your prayer dearie. Thanks for the mention. Proud dad nko oooo?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunle235(m): 2:54am On Jan 21, 2015
"Amazing all-natural pregnancy breakthrough permanently eliminates infertility issues without drugs or surgery. Stop wasting money on pills, potions, and other worthless quick fix cures… Learn the truth about getting pregnant once and for all and finally be the proud mother you deserve:"Click Here http://jibola5050.PREGNANT7.?c=1&apd=1&old=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Meddler(f): 7:47am On Jan 21, 2015
@sayoberry I can relate to your fear because that's how I felt during pregnancy. My mind was completely set on natural vaginal Birth. My mom's account of how she delivered my 10 lbs brother vaginally with no intervention or tear further solidified my resolve. My mom told me that immediately after she delivered she went to the hospital reception area to catch up on her soap opera lol. Who doesn't want that kind of birth story. I was so convinced of having a natural birth that I watched all the YouTube videos on natural birthing I could find and did my research thoroughly. On the day I delivered nothing went according to plan. My baby's heart rate dropped and I was wheeled in for an emergency CS. Did I mention I was in excruciating labor for 12 hours and could not dilate beyond 4cm. It became a fight for my baby's life. I won't lie after the meds wore off the incision point hurt like nothing else. But 3 days after my surgery I was already up and about. I mean my activities were still restricted but I could move about on my own. By one week I was back to my former self. I'm currently 3 weeks post ops and no pains and I'm completely back to my usual activities no restrictions. I do get ur fear but in all CS isn't as bad and should not let that fear get to you. I pray both ur babies turn to the right position and you can stick to your birth plan. Prayers to you and your LO.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 7:59am On Jan 21, 2015
beedam:

Amen to your prayer dearie. Thanks for the mention. Proud dad nko oooo?

U didn't see ask after u abi.. ok ooo.. all this partial u r doing.. hmmmmmmmm
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2015
kaffy4bill:
Proudmom and dad,wia r thou
Clinix and sammie,ao is vigilante service goin?
Other vigilante crew I hail ooo
Beedam and oda Jan mamas, ao is it going
To everybody, one love

Sorry I'm answering late sis. The going is good but tiring o. The Lord is our strength.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexiebecky(f): 10:41am On Jan 21, 2015
Good mornin mamas,hope we ar doin fine? Pls I hv a queStion to ask concernin dis CS. How many times can a preg woman deliver 2ru CS And pls is it possible dat u can deliver natural after passin 2ru Cs in ur 1st birth. Thanks mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 11:37am On Jan 21, 2015
I am always tired after small wrk o. Is it normal?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ogheneyoma: 11:38am On Jan 21, 2015
Goodday mamas, Pls am a January mum and currently 39weeks, since yestday I was having mild menstrual cramps which have migrated( since 4am) to frequent tightening of my uterus with pains in my lower abdomen that spreads to my waist. The pains are quite painful and uncomfortable wen dey come, bt as soon as it fades, I feel relieved for a while then it returns again. Pls experienced mamas could this be Labour? Am a first time mum and am kinda confused. My mum tinks it's early labour. What do u think please?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
sexiebecky:
Good mornin mamas,hope we ar doin fine? Pls I hv a queStion to ask concernin dis CS. How many times can a preg woman deliver 2ru CS And pls is it possible dat u can deliver natural after passin 2ru Cs in ur 1st birth. Thanks mamas

There's no exact number of limits with CS (it is a surgery so it comes with its own risks). Yes you can deliver natural after CS.

While in the UK, my sister's baby went into distress and he had to be CS-ed out. For her 2nd child, she wanted Natural birth but the doctors advised CS due to certain factors.

Fear of CS in Nigeria is because Nigeria has very poor Healthcare facilities so even small surgery that is minor and you should leave the hospital that same day becomes a death-defying situation. In the US, women even opt for CS and inducement so they can schedule their childbirth in a convenient manner. As you're entering the hospital in labour, they will offer you Epidural sef (before you even start crying too much). Now they're trying to encourage more natural birth though.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
ogheneyoma:
Goodday mamas, Pls am a January mum and currently 39weeks, since yestday I was having mild menstrual cramps which have migrated( since 4am) to frequent tightening of my uterus with pains in my lower abdomen that spreads to my waist. The pains are quite painful and uncomfortable wen dey come, bt as soon as it fades, I feel relieved for a while then it returns again. Pls experienced mamas could this be Labour? Am a first time mum and am kinda confused. My mum tinks it's early labour. What do u think please?
I tinks it's early labour. Make sure u time the duration of the contractions. Get ur bags and go to the hospital if it progresses. Wishing u a safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
mytestimony:
I am always tired after small wrk o. Is it normal?
it is vry normal my dear. I get tired easily too. I'm 33 weeks gone. Just do the ones you can and do the rest later. Don't stress urself much,but be active. Pls don't bend much too. The lord is our strength.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 12:32pm On Jan 21, 2015
ogheneyoma:
E don set o. Carry ur bags and go to d hsptl so u can me checked. Wot does ur mum mea by early labor? U re 39wks, so its nt early at all. May it b easy for u. Awaiting ur birth story
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
Onegai:

There's no exact number of limits with CS (it is a surgery so it comes with its own risks). Yes you can deliver natural after CS, but it isn't advised so you don't tear your stitches.

While in the UK, my sister's baby went into distress and he had to be CS-ed out. For her 2nd child, she wanted Natural birth but the doctors advised CS due to certain factors.

Fear of CS in Nigeria is because Nigeria has very poor Healthcare facilities so even small surgery that is minor and you should leave the hospital that same day becomes a death-defying situation. In the US, women even opt for CS and inducement so they can schedule their childbirth in a convenient manner. As you're entering the hospital in labour, they will offer you Epidural sef (before you even start crying too much). Now they're trying to encourage more natural birth though.
I dont completely agree wt y. The supposed fear of cs by nig women is more of a mentality thing nt abt our healthcare. it tks just abt 3-5mins for a baby's cry to b heard thru cs, its nt a complicated surg. Yankee pple get their own mentality, naija pple get their own too.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
sexiebecky:
If u gv birth via cs all thru then 3x is adviced, at most 4x to avoid uterine rupture.
Its very possible to have vag deliver after cs(VBAC), as long as d indication for d 1st cs isnt a recurrent one and there re no complications in d 2nd preg to warrant cs. Its also impt to gv @ least 18months interval before taking in d 2nd tym to increase ur chances of vaginal delivery. Hope dis helps

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by meeev: 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
We welcomed our princess on 10th of January.
Birth story:started feeling menstrual pain n waist pain after doctor did a second membrane sweep for me at 39weeks +,checked into the hospital the following day n was already at 3cm.But latter on my contractions started getting weak.In order to save my baby and I,we were rushed to the threater and cs was done. Everytin went smoothly. I and baby are doing great.Safe delivery to all pushing mama's

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phunmielomo(f): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2015
ogheneyoma:
ogheneyoma,u r dear kpele.hv u packed all ur things.go to the hospital.wish u safe delivery.that is your baby coming.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexiebecky(f): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
tchiwinnie:
If u gv birth via cs all thru then 3x is adviced, at most 4x to avoid uterine rupture.
Its very possible to have vag deliver after cs(VBAC), as long as d indication for d 1st cs isnt a recurrent one and there re no complications in d 2nd preg to warrant cs. Its also impt to gv @ least 18months interval before taking in d 2nd tym to increase ur chances of vaginal delivery. Hope dis helps
thanks dear,I really appreciate.I think am cleared now
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
meeev:
Birth story:started feeling menstrual pain n waist pain after doctor did a second membrane sweep for me at 39weeks +,checked into the hospital the following day n was already at 3cm.But latter on my contractions started getting weak.In order to save my baby and I,we were rushed to the threater and cs was done. Everytin went smoothly. I and baby are doing great.Safe delivery to all pushing mama's

Congratulations sis, so glad to hear and all gratitude and adoration to God for His unending mercies. My love to ur princess and dh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ogheneyoma: 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
Mzora:
I tinks it's early labour. Make sure u time the duration of the contractions. Get ur bags and go to the hospital if it progresses. Wishing u a safe delivery.

Thank you ma for the advice. I will time them and monitor the progression. God bless.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ogheneyoma: 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2015
tchiwinnie:
E don set o. Carry ur bags and go to d hsptl so u can me checked. Wot does ur mum mea by early labor? U re 39wks, so its nt early at all. May it b easy for u. Awaiting ur birth story

Amen. Thanks ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexiebecky(f): 1:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
meeev:
wow! Congrats dearie,may ur LO be a source of joy nd hapiness in ur home Amen. Hugs
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
tchiwinnie:

Gud response..the 12-18month wait is to allow the body and scar to heal well and back to normal. VBAC is so common so there's nothing to worry abt

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2015
ogheneyoma:

Babe, u are in labour. It shall be easy for u lagbara Olohun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Gud response..the 12-18month wait is to allow the body and scar to heal well and back to normal. VBAC is so common so there's nothing to worry abt

The 18 month wait is considered but they will consider other factors too as they present during childbirth. The example I gave, she was over 18 months, they advised a CS. I just asked right now from a former HOD in LUTH. He gave me that answer, he also said he advised CS in a particular case when he noticed the hole in the baby's heart (which is common) and looked at certain factors (he felt the stress of natural birth would be hard on the baby)and CS-ed the mother (who had been insisting on natural birth). Now she's a happy mum.

OP, We can all give answers, but it truly depends on you trusting your doctor and yourself to make the best, informed decision.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
sayo, God will be with u and they will turn soon but if they dont, just be strong. most important is for the three of u to be fine at the end of it all.

lioha, u brought tears to my eyes. may Alnighty bless u with the one that will stay. pls make sure u are adhering to ur docs instructions on healing and if need be get more than one doc so u can really know if there is a cause.
i wish u well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afamgod(f): 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hello lovely mamas and papas in the house. Pls help me glorify God. My daughter arrived less than two hours ago.

Birth story uploading............................
Mek dem com comot this thing for my handwink.

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rechybabe(f): 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
hello beautiful mamas happy new year so happy dis thread is moving to d permanant site and dis year we all shall have reason to thank God dis year.pushing mamas we shall carry to terms nd delivery safely, d vigilante mamas God will continue to strengthen thee(according to my king version) kpekusing mamas ur libino will increase nd u will hv d more to give out (no be me talk am) love u guys so much.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rechybabe(f): 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
afamgod:
Hello lovely mamas and papas in the house. Pls help me glorify God. My daughter arrived less than two hours ago.

Birth story uploading............................
Mek dem com comot this thing for my handwink.

congrats dear send my kisses to Lo

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (6960) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.