Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4018) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8147031 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4015) (4016) (4017) (4018) (4019) (4020) (4021) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mandysmum: 10:50pm On Jan 16, 2018
Story time.

So, I want to share with y'all something that happened to me yesterday. Just thinking about it still gives me goosebumps of what might have been. Indeed God is good.

On Sunday evening,hubby took down the curtains in a fit of sudden energy ( to me,he was only showing himself cuz he is as lazy as f.uck cheesy). He washed them and put them out to dry. Due to the harmattan, all, save one, was dry within three hours. Both of us were too lazy to go out that night to go bring in the last curtain,which was even strange to me cuz I never leave my stuff outside overnight,no matter what. Na so we leave am for line. I don already plan say I go blackmail am to help me bring it in right before he leaves for work.

Fast forward to yesterday's morning, I made his breakfast and felt the urgent urge to go and get the curtain. While he was still getting dressed, I walked outside. As I got closer to the cloth line, I heard a sound coming from hubby's car. I moved closer and traced the sound to his tire. Air was leaking out of his tire. I took what I came out for and went back inside. I alerted him on what I saw and he rushed out to check. When he came back,he told me someone had deliberately punctured his air valve to let out the air. He even saw the cover of the tube right beside the tire. I immediately went cold all over. My husband is someone that doesn't even check his car condition before jumping in to go to work. He just opens his car, starts it and fiam! He moves. He would have unsuspectingly entered his car, driven on his usual speed of 120km/h on the highway and had a serious accident. God forbid!

The scary thing is that the villain who did this timed it so well. It happened just before I came out,which is the usual time my hubby actually leaves for work. But yesterday, I started my wahala and delayed him.

My reason for sharing this, is that most times we assume our enemies are our family members,relatives or even colleagues at work. If something had happened to hubby,I would have been cursing my village people. But I had no idea someone who lives right in my compound means me and my family harm,to the extent of trying to kill my hubby physically.

Mamas, this is our most vulnerable time. That time when we go through the valley of the shadow of death to bring into this world a new life. Don't take anyone for granted. This is the time to go on your knees and pray hard cuz that smiling face who always ask of your welfare and baby's might just be wishing you harm. We should be alert physically and spiritually. The heart of man is desperately wicked. Up till now, I don't even have a suspect in mind.
Note that all this happened before 6:30am.

End of story. grin

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2018
These oyinbo people will not kill somebody.

I stumbled on a youtube video uploaded by babycenter on how to bath a newborn.

It says you shouldn't bath a baby more than once or twice a week. shocked I also noticed the midwife didn't use soap, only a wash cloth to clean the baby in the tub with warm water and just shampoo for the baby's hair.
It says it is absolutely not necessary to use soap on a baby, but if you must, use a very mild soap.

I was even shocked that most of the commenters found nothing wrong in it..like its normal to them. One commenter even said bathing them more than twice a week can cause skin dryness and allergies early in life.. (duhhh!!)

These people are dirty IMHO! Gaddemit angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 16, 2018
mandysmum:
Story time.

So, I want to share with y'all something that happened to me yesterday. Just thinking about it still gives me goosebumps of what might have been. Indeed God is good.

On Sunday evening
mehnnnnn.. the heart of man is desperately wicked! Abi which kain wahala be this for this new year? This is a testimony ooo...you should forever be grateful to God.

The person's plan has failed..so he or she should be prepared to receive a dose of his own medicine in triple fold. I just thank God for sparing ur hubby..

Truly, we need to be very careful, vigilant and prayerful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omolaadun000: 11:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
mandysmum:
Story time.

On Sunday evening,hubby took down the curtains in a fit of sudden energy ( to me,he was only showing himself cuz he is as lazy as f.uck cheesy). He washed them and put them out to dry. Due to the harmattan, all, save one, was dry within three hours. Both of us were too lazy to go out that night to go bring in the last curtain,which was even strange to me cuz I never leave my stuff outside overnight,no matter what. Na so we leave am for line. I don already plan say I go blackmail am to help me bring it in right before he leaves for work.

End of story. grin

May we continue to conquer.....Imagine that!
This life sha....person wey dey on her own lane jejely. Olorun maaa so wa
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Laureen007: 11:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
proudmom38:

Cute baby
Lovely smile!
thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Laureen007: 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
Anugod:
My oh my! This smile is to kill for meehn kiss kiss kiss We were two months two days ago. Your boy is looking so grown up. God bless you Jay!
Thank you... my love to your princess kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Laureen007: 11:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
Anugod:
That river Niger flow abi? grin grin I can't go to bed without wrapping up them boobsies inside a heavy towel, if not ehn, bed go just dey like where two bedwetters sleep! lipsrsealed I can't even drink anything hot, e go just dey run like tap wey no get cover. undecided
SSeriously o, who needs bweastmilk, comman collect oo lipsrsealed embarassed
chai and look at me... my boy doesn’t like bottles anymore sad so now it’s mainly breast, I’m worried he isn’t getting enough I had to order lactation cookie to see if it wee rush oo... coman and dash me some Biko

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Awesomemama: 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2018
Anugod:
Chai, my dear, I no know o. But I remember the first few weeks I was always drinking hot water. As in, real hot, throat scalding water o, taken in sips. Any liquid I drank must be hot, and I drank drums, as in, plenteous drums of hot water/liquid. I drank much more than I ate (but eat well sha o, so you won't go dizzy while breastfeeding). I had to stop the hot liquid when the flow was just too much. Now I maintain it by feeding her very well and as often as possible. We do exclusive, and feed every 1-2 hours when she's awake, and sometimes 3 or 4 hours if she sleeps that long. Just try the hot water first.

I'll give it a try
Just want my tips to heal properly 1st
Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Laureen007: 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2018
booqee:

It says you shouldn't bath a baby more than once or twice a week. shocked I also noticed the midwife didn't use soap, only a wash cloth to clean the baby in the tub with warm water and just shampoo for the baby's hair.
It says it is absolutely not necessary to use soap on a baby, but if you must, use a very mild soap.

I was even shocked that most of the commenters found nothing wrong in it..like its normal to them. One commenter even said bathing them more than twice a week can cause skin dryness and allergies early in life.. (duhhh!!)

lol that’s how they are oo, when I had my baby he was bathed only once. I was I. The hospital for 4 days and didn’t bath before we left. Plus that one day bath no soap oo, just water and na just wash 2 minutes and they are done lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beautifulrosa: 12:27am On Jan 17, 2018
booqee:
kai.. women are trying ooo.. so this is how it is?? From pregnancy to this one again.. May God make mine very easy o. embarassed

Oh sister dont worry its nothing......
Its jus sth that one isnt used to before....thats all. Along the line u start to cope surprisingly and it feels normal. Although the first few days u may be feelinf somehow.

Dont worry, God has equipped women with enouf strength to go through it all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thotianna: 12:36am On Jan 17, 2018
Good day all.
I thank God for safe delivery of the apple of my eyes. I gave birth after 11 hours of active labor yesterday, baby was 3.2kg, no tears, mom and baby are fine.
At last my first missionary journey has ended on a successful note, a big thank you to all the wonderful ladies on this thread who helped and supported me with their words of wisdom while I was still carrying.

Chai, labor isn't easy at all ooo, the pain is really real. See as I dey shout with all my voice, me wen bin dey plan to deliver with swag. sad

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anistef: 1:19am On Jan 17, 2018
thotianna:
Good day all.
I thank God for safe delivery of the apple of my eyes. I gave birth after 11 hours of active labor yesterday, baby was 3.3kg, no tears, mom and baby are fine.
At last my first missionary journey has ended on a successful note, a big thank you to all the wonderful ladies on this thread who helped and supported me with their words of wisdom while I was still carrying.

Chai, labor isn't easy at all ooo, the pain is really real. See as I dey shout with all my voice, me wen bin dey plan to deliver with swag. sad

Congratulations ma, thank God for safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 1:23am On Jan 17, 2018
Congrats bae @ Thotiana
Welcome baby kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NIFES(f): 3:59am On Jan 17, 2018
thotianna:
Good day all.
I thank God for safe delivery of the apple of my eyes
(
Thank God for safe delivery. Congratulations ma.
God bless your baby.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 5:04am On Jan 17, 2018
thotianna:
Good day all.
I thank God for safe delivery of the apple of my eyes. I gave birth after 11 hours of active labor yesterday, baby was 3.3kg, no tears, mom and baby are fine.

Congrats Mama...we thank God for safe delivery plus no tear. Only God could have done it. God bless your home!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 6:30am On Jan 17, 2018
Beautiful moms of Team March 2018.
It's 6 weeks to our season.
Potential porters, how are we? Our babies are almost set o

curve.........................1/3/18..... ( )
kekeakinwale..........1/3/18...... ( )
Happychildlove......1/3/18..... Prince
Soonest.................3/3/18....... Prince
foreverjoy00.......5/3/18.......Prince
Elmaspeed...............9/3/18.......suprise
Showerses..............9/3/18.......()
youngmommypat......10/3/18......( )
Nifes ..................11/3/18.......( )
Deboniar............11/3/18.......( )
Fexcathy.........13/3/18........Prince
Aneeks........... 15/3/18..... ( )
Maggiespecial........16/3/18..... Prince
angelys.............16/3/18..... ( )
nnekaike...........16/3/18..... ( )
Tripletmom....... 22/3/18..... Princess
erutoria..............22/3/18.......Princess
Wowdiva...........22/3/18........ Prince
Temmy2103........23/3/18.......( )
piragirl...............26/3/18....... Prince
giftdiddy.............28/3/18........ Princess
Beautyuche..........29/3/18.......( )
Tunis24..............29/3/18.........( )
Epudome............29/3/18..........( )
kokozain (wife)......29/3/18.......( )
Eniafelamo............31/3/18........( )
Fruitbae.......... ? ............( )

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bomgirl(f): 7:29am On Jan 17, 2018
booqee:

They are not dirty o!
When my sis gave birth, she was told that babies are born with a protective layer on their skin that nourished them in the womb (vernix or so, not sure), so she shouldn't be quick to wash it off.
Besides, I personally think we 'over bath' our babies. Baby wen no do any work, we de baff am 2 -3 times with sponge like farmer? angry Haba.
Only difference is our weather, if not ehn?

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bomgirl(f): 7:30am On Jan 17, 2018
Mandysmum, may God continue to be our shield. Amen.
I had goosebumps reading the story. embarassed embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokozain(m): 7:51am On Jan 17, 2018
thotianna:
Good day all.

congratulations ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Imahaps(f): 8:13am On Jan 17, 2018
booqee:
hii..have u seen doctor and what did he say?
I was at the hospital yesterday. after complaining to the doctor, he prescribed a drug for me. I'm a lot better now. thanks for checking on me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lilliesbud12: 8:41am On Jan 17, 2018
Congratulations thotianna. May God bless ur baby.

Thank God for your life @mandysmum... God's banner over us will forever be sure.

All mama's... E kaaro ooo... top of the rest of the day to us all.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 8:56am On Jan 17, 2018
Smelling people, when I told my mum she just looked at me with better side eye and continued using koinkoin to scrub my baby grin grin grin

booqee:

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by orney(f): 9:00am On Jan 17, 2018
Amen ooo my beautiful sister, pls can you enlighten me abt the lemon and hot water?
4realwoman:

Amen ma'am. I will rejoice with you too soon.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Angel2424: 9:13am On Jan 17, 2018
mandysmum:
Story time.

Fast forward to yesterday's morning, I made his breakfast and felt the urgent urge to go and get the curtain. While he was still getting dressed, I walked outside. As I got closer to the cloth line, I heard a sound coming from hubby's car. I moved closer and traced the sound to his tire. Air was leaking out of his tire. I took what I came out for and went back inside. I alerted him on what I saw and he rushed out to check. When he came back,he told me someone had deliberately punctured his air valve to let out the air. He even saw the cover of the tube right beside the tire. I immediately went cold all over. My husband is someone that doesn't even check his car condition before jumping in to go to work. He just opens his car, starts it and fiam! He moves. He would have unsuspectingly entered his car, driven on his usual speed of 120km/h on the highway and had a serious accident. God forbid!

The scary thing is that the villain who did this timed it so well. It happened just before I came out,which is the usual time my hubby actually leaves for work. But yesterday, I started my wahala and delayed him.

My reason for sharing this, is that most times we assume our enemies are our family members,relatives or even colleagues at work. If something had happened to hubby,I would have been cursing my village people. But I had no idea someone who lives right in my compound means me and my family harm,to the extent of trying to kill my hubby physically.

Mamas, this is our most vulnerable time. That time when we go through the valley of the shadow of death to bring into this world a new life. Don't take anyone for granted. This is the time to go on your knees and pray hard cuz that smiling face who always ask of your welfare and baby's might just be wishing you harm. We should be alert physically and spiritually. The heart of man is desperately wicked. Up till now, I don't even have a suspect in mind.

End of story. grin

Na wa..this story is really scary. I Will advise you guys move out as soon as you can. Someone that can do something like that which can result in death is desperately evil. You never can tell what the person will try again. Pls you guys need to move.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 9:34am On Jan 17, 2018
booqee:
i believe whether cold water or hot, once it enters the body, it changes to room temperature or the warm temperature of ur body so it doesn't affect ur baby. Before it reaches baby, the temperature would have changed. I'm not sure oo.. my doctor also says there's nothing there that i should keep taking it, if that the only kind of water i can drink. And trust me, nobody drinks CHILLED water reach me..chilled to the extent of having ice cubes in it.

There's nothing wrong with milo..though too much of it may cause you to have a big baby. In third trimester, u might wanna reduce milo intake. I learnt that from this thread and my MIL said the same thing. That lipton that aggravated my morning sickness and vomiting that time. angry i thought it would help my bitter mouth then...

Btw, i enjoy ur diary
Thank you so much ma'am, lemme continue enjoying my Milo and chilled water nigbayen.
I really appreciate May God make it easy for us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 9:35am On Jan 17, 2018
Omolaadun000:

I enjoyed your diary oooooo In shaa Allah.... it shall be easy for us all
Thank you ma'am, JazakiLlahu khyran

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 9:38am On Jan 17, 2018
mandysmum:
Story time.

End of story. grin
Lord have Mercy! Why are some people so cruel and wicked.
May God continue to protect us, please pay more attention to everything.
No evil shall befall us by HIS GRACE.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 9:42am On Jan 17, 2018
mandysmum:
Story time.

God forbid!

This is scary!
Thank God for all the curtain drama, and the delay.
If you have little children, please it's time to move out asap.
If you are expecting your first, you have time to watch for another sign...
Thanks for the reminder of trust no one.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 9:48am On Jan 17, 2018
thotianna:
Good day all.
I thank God for safe delivery of the apple of my eyes. I gave birth after 11 hours of active labor yesterday, baby was 3.3kg, no tears, mom and baby are finesad

Congratulations!
God bless your Baby.
Welcome to motherhood.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 17, 2018
Laureen007:
lol that’s how they are oo, when I had my baby he was bathed only once. I was I. The hospital for 4 days and didn’t bath before we left. Plus that one day bath no soap oo, just water and na just wash 2 minutes and they are done lol
so it is for real?? Its a wonder they dont smell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 17, 2018
Bomgirl:

They are not dirty o!
When my sis gave birth, she was told that babies are born with a protective layer on their skin that nourished them in the womb (vernix or so, not sure), so she shouldn't be quick to wash it off.

Hmm that sounds reasonable sha..but overtime, nothing has happened to the african baby while growing up which is closely related to too much bathing.

Besides, I personally think we 'over bath' our babies. Baby wen no do any work, we de baff am 2 -3 times with sponge like farmer? angry Haba.
Only difference is our weather, if not ehn?
lmao at the bolded.. grin anyway i dont think i will be comfortable with waking up a new day and allow my baby to just pass a day without looking fresh from a good bath..our mothers will not even agree.. not after all the pee and poo. Cleaning their butt is simply not enough to me. At least baff once a day to feel fresh..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 17, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Smelling people, when I told my mum she just looked at me with better side eye and continued using koinkoin to scrub my baby grin grin grin

as in ehnnn...our mothers can never ever agree to that nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4015) (4016) (4017) (4018) (4019) (4020) (4021) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mismore(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.