Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,904 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8157870 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5456) (5457) (5458) (5459) (5460) (5461) (5462) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adesquare2(f): 7:35am On Jan 31, 2020
H.M.O is the general name for health insurance while the NHIS is National Health Insurance Scheme owned by the Federal government. I was under NHIS before but I honestly think that the best thing is to go for the private HMOs. They are more reliable. My company is Under Sterling H.M.O and is trying to do the Bronze Bold package for us but the package only covers normal delivery. I have decided to either add 60, 000 from my personal purse so as to be under Silver Special or 100,000 to be under Gold. (Plan covers family of 6 for 1 year). Benefits depend on the plan that you are under, what your company is willing to pay and what you are willing to add. Sterling's Platinum package is as high as 400,000 a year for family and 100,000 a year for individual.

I also plan to register at Orile Agege General hospital next week as I am Team April and I have not even started antenatal. Please mamas who have used Hamkad hospital, I will appreciate your honest opinion about the place as I only chose it based on proximity to my house. Dont know if its a good hospital.

N.B. For those castigating @Mummy4Life, @shadow88 clearly asked for advice against her next pregnancy and I think that was what she responded to. @Shadow88, may God comfort you and make you smile soon. quoteor4452257]@mummy4life is HMO the same thing as NHIS? husband want to register me under NHIS to save hospital cost [/quote]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ligxy(f): 7:45am On Jan 31, 2020
beyedew:

Please those that haven't updated their EDD and sex should do so, so I can add it.
#onelove
We Love Love

I'm fine Cappo. Can't wait for February to arrive.
Happy last day of the month.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by preshpearl(f): 7:54am On Jan 31, 2020
shadow88:
Thanks so much good mothers though I registered in general hospital and how it happened God knows but the reason why I am scared is because people said since its cord accident it's likely to happen again
The best thing for me as advised is to use both private and general after then I shouldn't wait for 39weeks and that I should go for cs straight
I really appreciate your words of encouragement and prayers

God be with you my dear, he will definitely make up for the loss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 8:32am On Jan 31, 2020
shadow88:
Thanks so much good mothers though I registered in general hospital and how it happened God knows but the reason why I am scared is because people said since its cord accident it's likely to happen again
The best thing for me as advised is to use both private and general after then I shouldn't wait for 39weeks and that I should go for cs straight
I rebuke it for u, it won't happen again affliction will not rise d second time is what the bible says

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sacredlily(f): 8:56am On Jan 31, 2020
BA:
I bring to this house good tidings! To the glory of the most high God, My triplets have made their grand entrance. EDD - 14th March. DOB - 29th January.
It's 2 BBBs & 1 BBG.
BS:
It was a stress free pregnancy. No sickness, no case of emergency etc. Even at my last antenatal visit (ie) @ 33wks, my doctor told me that he is so surprised that with triplets pregnancy I was still able to come from home without issues. He said that all the triplets pregnancy he has managed before now are always admitted in the hospital btw wk 27 & 30 because of one issue or another.
My colleagues as well talks abt my flexibility. Everyone keeps admiring my flexibility.
The nurses also keeps praising my agility.
So I was scheduled for elective CS on 29th of Jan at exactly 34wks. Was taken to the theatre @ 8 am for the surgery. Regional anesthesia was administered two times but all to no effect. Then the anesthesiologist decided to administer the general anesthesia. Na so una sister was knocked out only to woke up hearing the screams of her triplets trying to shut down the hospital.
My joy knows no bound as DH's face was covered with tears of joy. We are all in good & perfect conditions.
It's a thing of joy having four babies in two pregnancy journey. It's a complete family with 2 boys & 2 girls offsprings.
Boots hung up for all the GTC mums out there. My testimony is infectious & will infect all GTC mums.
My able march cappo @ Mzleemah & all my march teamies, na so una sister take port to January ooooo.
BA/BS submitted.

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 9:02am On Jan 31, 2020
sacredlily:
BA:
I bring to this house good tidings! To the glory of the most high God, My triplets have made their grand entrance. EDD - 14th March. DOB - 29th January.
It's 2 BBBs & 1 BBG.
BS:
It was a stress free pregnancy. No sickness, no case of emergency etc. Even at my last antenatal visit (ie) @ 33wks, my doctor told me that he is so surprised that with triplets pregnancy I was still able to come from home without issues. He said that all the triplets pregnancy he has managed before now are always admitted in the hospital btw wk 27 & 30 because of one issue or another.
My colleagues as well talks abt my flexibility. Everyone keeps admiring my flexibility.
So I was scheduled for elective CS on 29th of Jan at exactly 34wks. Was taken to the theatre @ 8 am for the surgery. Regional anesthesia was administered two times but all to no effect. Then the anesthesiologist decided to administer the general anesthesia. Na so una sister was knocked out only to woke up hearing the screams of her triplets trying to shut down the hospital.
My joy knows no bound as DH's face was covered with tears of joy. We are all in good & perfect conditions.
It's a thing of joy having four babies in two pregnancy journey. It's a complete family with 2 boys & 2 girls offsprings.
Boots hung up for all the GTC mums out there. My testimony is infectious & will infect all GTC mums.
My able march cappo @ Mzleemah & all my march teamies, na so una sister take port to January ooooo.
BA/BS submitted.
Congratulations sis thank God it ended praises. Kisses to our babies kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloriousheart(f): 9:03am On Jan 31, 2020
sacredlily:
BA:
It's 2 BBBs & 1 BBG.
BS: ....
BA/BS submitted.
Congratulations!!!!!
I hope I am the first to congratulate you. Sweet wonderful joyful news!
The triplets shall always be a source of joy and prosperity to you guys. They will live a long and healthy life. Amen.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennykoko3009(f): 9:06am On Jan 31, 2020
sacredlily:
BA:
It's 2 BBBs & 1 BBG.
BS:
BA/BS submitted.

May God be praise forever!!! Congratulations dear, I feel like crying (tears of joy too), it's not easy. May God blessings never cease in your home. I wish you quick recovery. kisses to your babies

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 9:10am On Jan 31, 2020
HolySteph:
Good evening mamas... hope you're all doing well and carrying well?

Pls I have a little issue, I've been having a kind of vagina infection of which I'm suspecting yeast or its caused by our water. Our water is not that clean, sometimes when we fetch it we wait for the brown substance to settle down before making use of it.

I'm 32weeks gone and the thing is so intense now, that even when I use pure water sachet to wash up after peeing the discharge is still not normal. I noticed it at the beginning of my pregnancy and I just waved it off that itll be normal later but I'm scared now that it might affect my baby.

I went to the hospital and told my doctor during my antenatal visit, he told me to run an OGTT test, an early morning test(fasting sugar) to know but the amount they are asking for is so high, 16k for the test, haba... I just felt I can just buy mycoten and use instead of spending that amount.

My question is, is mycoten insertion safe for a pregnant woman woman?
DO NOT INSERT ANYTHING INTO THE VJAY DURING PREGNANCY.

My sister you need to have that infection treated ! Do a test to be sure it's yeast before starting treatment. Many infections mimic yeast, though in pregnancy yeast is usually the culprit due to hormone changes.

You need oral and topical treatment only please NO suppository at this time.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Greatness366(f): 9:10am On Jan 31, 2020
sacredlily:
BA:
It's 2 BBBs & 1 BBG.
BS:
BA/BS submitted.
wooow tears of joy rolling down my cheeks congratulations ma I rejoice with you.i key into your testimony in Jesus name Amen.God bless your lo's

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzleemah(f): 9:16am On Jan 31, 2020
sacredlily:
BA:
It's 2 BBBs & 1 BBG.
BS:
My able march cappo @ Mz leemah & all my march teamies, na so una sister take port to January ooooo.
BA/BS submitted.
congratulations teamie, God bless the new born, May He provide all you need to take care of the family.
January cappo Joyfulmama team March is not stingy like team February

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HolySteph(f): 9:29am On Jan 31, 2020
Liftedhands:
DO NOT INSERT ANYTHING INTO THE VJAY DURING PREGNANCY.

My sister you need to have that infection treated ! Do a test to be sure it's yeast before starting treatment. Many infections mimic yeast, though in pregnancy yeast is usually the culprit due to hormone changes.

You need oral and topical treatment only please NO suppository at this time.
Ok. Thanks for this. I'll do the test then.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherishyy(f): 9:41am On Jan 31, 2020
sacredlily:
BA:
It's 2 BBBs & 1 BBG.
BS:
BA/BS submitted.

I receive this testimony in Jesus name, Amen.
Congratulations mama, God bless you with all you need to nurture your babies and more. Cheers!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trippleblessing(f): 9:42am On Jan 31, 2020
sacredlily:
BA:
It's 2 BBBs & 1 BBG.
BS:
BA/BS submitted.

Congratulations mama and welcome to our adorable triplets.
please go and drop those golden boots on the TTC thread, as many as possible mama needs to grab their own copy. I have already grabbed mine sha.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by duac: 10:09am On Jan 31, 2020
After CS how soon can one take milk n milo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cutemarvel(f): 10:11am On Jan 31, 2020
sacredlily:
BA:
It's 2 BBBs & 1 BBG.
BS:
BA/BS submitted.
Congratulations mama... Thanks to God for seeing you through the journey . May God bless them.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:21am On Jan 31, 2020
shadow88:
Mummy three months ke,its too much
No tear during the delivery and I am physically okay I just want to be happy again and I don't want the delivery to exceed this year
Thanks so much ma

Ok just do wat makes u happy cool

And try to b more active on this page...u never know where ur helper will come from
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cutemarvel(f): 10:25am On Jan 31, 2020
Team February, how is waddling? Thanks to you all for holding your bombom and being loyal to your team despite the long 2 months called January.

Few hours left for our back to back BA. The Lord will see us through and make the journey end in praise. We won't record any evil. We commit ourselves, the baby, our family and every delivery process to God's hands. It will surely end with praise.

@Joyfulmama thank God for seeing you and your team mate through the month of January. You can handover those that are yet to put to bed to us, we will care for them.

To all mama's please always pray and keep praying. It's only God that can help in this pregnancy journey and He will never forsake anyone. Especially the GTC mama's February is your month of BFP.

Cappo Beyedew, time to receive the baton for supernatural delivery.

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by estilo(f): 10:43am On Jan 31, 2020
Congrats Teamie. I am so happy that it ended in praise. May God continue to enrich the papa to take good care of the family.

sacredlily:
BA:
It's 2 BBBs & 1 BBG.
BS:
BA/BS submitted.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shadow88(f): 10:45am On Jan 31, 2020
N.B. For those castigating @Mummy4Life, @shadow88 clearly asked for advice against her next pregnancy and I think that was what she responded to. @Shadow88, may God comfort you and make you smile soon. quoteor4452257]@mummy4life is HMO the same thing as NHIS? husband want to register me under NHIS to save hospital cost [/quote]Thanks ma
I sincerely need the advice because its a must I move on

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shadow88(f): 10:47am On Jan 31, 2020
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

Ok just do wat makes u happy cool

And try to b more active on this page...u never know where ur helper will come from
I will ma
I really appreciate you mothers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:57am On Jan 31, 2020
shadow88:

Hello mama.
So sorry for your loss.
Cord accident can't really be avoided in any way but some there are some pointers to when our babies are in distress.

1. You bp rises. When your baby is in distress, your BP is likely to rise. I'm talking about people who have always had a normal BP in pregnancy just noticing a sharp increase. Your body is trying to warn you.

2. Your baby slows down. If you have a very active baby that kicks you very often suddenly stop, then you should be alarmed. Babies just don't stop kicking cos they are gentle, they stop when they are weak, tired or asleep. Your baby shouldn't be sleeping all day unless he's weak.
What they advise moms to do is count the number of kicks per day: 10 is considered okay, anything less and you shouldn't wait till the next ANC to get a Dr to check baby's heart rate.
As babies play in the womb, they get entangled and movement is restricted hence a slowdown in kicks.

3. If you're dehydrated, then baby will be weak. I don't know the correlation between these 2 but I know I was dehydrated in my last pregnancy and I was almost wheeled into the Theatre cos heartbeat was too slow. Then a consultant ordered for me to be given IV and I was given 2 bags and all of a sudden, a strong heartbeat was heard. Even I was amazed.
So if you're weak and tired, please take a break. Eat well and drink water so that you can pass some strength to your little one inside.

I'm so sorry for your loss and I pray you never lose another child.
The Drs are right, try very soon and you'll be happy again. I promise you.
I'll ask a mom that suffered a third trimester loss to come and talk to you. She also lost her baby a few weeks to delivery (October 2018) and today she has a 6 month old baby boy who is cute for days.

28 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:58am On Jan 31, 2020
duac:
After CS how soon can one take milk n milo

After your first fart or poop

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:11am On Jan 31, 2020
Video up on how to bathe an infant using a baby bather

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7-mzU4F0xn/?igshid=3z1nz7xoop0t

Remember to follow us for more tips on how to take care of your newborn.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmazingGod: 11:18am On Jan 31, 2020
Cutemarvel:
Team February, how is waddling? Thanks to you all for holding your bombom and being loyal to your team despite the long 2 months called January.

Few hours left for our back to back BA. The Lord will see us through and make the journey end in praise. We won't record any evil. We commit ourselves, the baby, our family and every delivery process to God's hands. It will surely end with praise.

@Joyfulmama thank God for seeing you and your team mate through the month of January. You can handover those that are yet to put to bed to us, we will care for them.

To all mama's please always pray and keep praying. It's only God that can help in this pregnancy journey and He will never forsake anyone. Especially the GTC mama's February is your month of BFP.

Cappo Beyedew, time to receive the baton for supernatural delivery.

Thanks teamie for launching us into our EDD month,may God see us all through with great testimonies(amen)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 11:25am On Jan 31, 2020
shadow88:
I will ma
I really appreciate you mothers

U are really a strong woman for u to have d courage to type all this things and have the mind to start trying by next month is a big deal...

Some of us women will think this is the end of world and start having negative thought, but here u are cheering urself up...

U are really strong. God will b with u

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 11:28am On Jan 31, 2020
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 11:28am On Jan 31, 2020
February Mama's una blood they hot oooo. We still dey January abeg ...... O gini sef tongue

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jenny855(f): 11:49am On Jan 31, 2020
sacredlily:
BA:
It's 2 BBBs & 1 BBG.
BS:
BA/BS submitted.
Congrats mama kiss kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chimzy09(f): 12:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
sacredlily:
BA:
It's 2 BBBs & 1 BBG.

BA/BS submitted.

Congrats teamie. This your porting is badass cheesy
I bless God for you and your family.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jenny855(f): 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2020
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:
February Mama's una blood they hot oooo. We still dey January abeg ...... O gini sef tongue
We cannot wait ooo grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 12:23pm On Jan 31, 2020
Jenny855:

We cannot wait ooo grin grin

undecided next month is even April

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5456) (5457) (5458) (5459) (5460) (5461) (5462) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hamzashaf99(f), Funjosh(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.