Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5758) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8142972 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5755) (5756) (5757) (5758) (5759) (5760) (5761) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 10:41am On Jul 18, 2020
FairyGodmother:
@FlorEC
Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. Thank you so much for your wonderful BS. These prayers: Jesus have mercy on me, mother Mary help me. Jesus I depend on you, I have no power of my own...brought back memories that left me in tears of joy... It's a powerful reminder to me...
God bless you and yours real good!

That's my favourite prayer and also prayer to Mother of Perpetual Succour especially when I'm emotionally down.

Amen and thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Codedzng: 10:51am On Jul 18, 2020
Codedzng:
Please, my wife is at 23weeks of pregnancy and she is having carttar and headache. Please what can she use to reduce the pain.

Please, someone to help me o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2020
Bomgirl:

If my hospital catches you with feeding bottle, they'll so shout at you ehn?! angry undecided

I had no choice ooo cos while feeding with spoon baby refused to suck bwest then I told myself to try feeding bottle and he took it after several attempts. Immediately I switched to bwest and he accepted then I stopped the bottle feeding cos I started lactating very well the third day . The feeding bottle helped me Abeg even though the nurses were against it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 11:14am On Jul 18, 2020
Codedzng:

Do not self medicate, let her consult her gynaecologist and explain to the doctor who'll tell her what to do. Please please and please, don't self medicate.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2020
Bomgirl:

If my hospital catches you with feeding bottle, they'll so shout at you ehn?! angry undecided

In my case, they'll kukuma shout ooo cos they said do EBF and spoon is not encouraging baby to latch on. It was bottle that helped me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Codedzng: 11:28am On Jul 18, 2020
[quote author=vinoj0225 post=91836390]

Do not self medicate, let her consult her gynaecologist and explain to the doctor who'll tell her what to do. Please please and please, don't self medicate. [/quotle]

Thanks so much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Codedzng: 11:29am On Jul 18, 2020
vinoj0225:

Do not self medicate, let her consult her gynaecologist and explain to the doctor who'll tell her what to do. Please please and please, don't self medicate.

Thanks so much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ParahFamily: 11:38am On Jul 18, 2020
Join us today Saturday 18th July 2020 @ 5 pm for our Monthly Fertility Meeting (Webinar)
Topic: Dealing with Depression in Infertility

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifeoluwatoyin2: 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
Good day mums... is ogbono soup with scent leaf safe for pregnant women?

Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
Good day mamas and papas, hope we are enjoying the weekend.

If you need first grade UK wears for your babies, kindly visit my instagram page @remkiddiesthrift or send a Whatsapp message to me on zero 7 zero one 2 seven 2 nine 3 one 3 to view pictures, make any enquiry or place your orders.

I am in Lagos and I deliver Nationwide. I will be waiting for your orders, May God bless all that we lay our hands upon, Amen.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blex444: 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2020
ifeoluwatoyin2:
Good day mums... is ogbono soup with scent leaf safe for pregnant women?

Thanks
Yes it is

Enjoy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ada243(f): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
Hi mommas. Hows our babies doing? Team june how y'all keeping up late night?
This is bringing y'!all waist trainer to snap back your body.
This is me rocking mine and this is my 3rd baby, very comfortable 100percent qualitlatex waist trainer.
Interested whatsapp me or call 08024510000

2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldendollars(f): 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
Congratulations teamie.

FloraEC:
BS

It'll surely end in praise was/is my motto, dunno if I should use motto thoo in this pregnancy. But I believe everything happens for a reason.
After the birth of my son in 2018, which was dramatic and very very very painful, labored from 11am-11:52pm through induction that he came with a perinal tear. I went for fp at 6wks ppt which lasted for 3m. Removed it cos it messed up my hormones. I was on pills and I couldn't do billings cos my period wasn't steady.
Nov 2019, when I went for my sister trad, everybody was telling me how slim I was etc, my friend jokingly oo according to her told me that my tummy is bulging out unlike me. Na only that statement enter me. While bathing, I touched the lower part of my tummy close to my uterine wall, it was hard. Ahhh! I told myself, this is it. On my way back to Lag from the East, I purposely sat at the back, na for that tyre side. All the potholes and gbim gbim na for my waist e land. When I got home, I tested using HPT, positive. Double thick lines. cry cry shocked shocked

I cried, I really cried. Premium tears before I accepted my fate.
Pregnancy journey was dramatic, emotional, with challenges but it ended in praise. Thanks to friends turn family that were always there for me. I'm greatly grateful. Eshe
Fast-forward to 32wks, I was tired of the back and hip pains, I never slept on my left side due to left renal cyst(hopefully I'll go for scan and have it removed) and the pains I can't explain, was dark and getting round. Chasing after 2 hyperactive children although one is a bit calmer.

35wks I started exercising (trekking, kegel etc), I was scared of induction or VE, I was confessing positively and reading up how/what to do to fall into labor without induction.
Last week Thursday, I purged throughout the night(watery poo) with mild contractions, I knew it was a sign but the fear of being induced and somebody looking for lost treasure in my jaijaina kept me back at home. I started exercising, introduced zobo drink and pineapple to help since I was already 37wks. On Wed, 15 July, started having mild contractions in the morning, very manageable but I told myself I won't allow this contraction to waste. I had a hot tea, poured hot water mixed with lil cold almost a lukewarm water inside a bath bowl, sat inside it until it became almost cold. Had warm water bathe and left for the market.
Just 3k ogbono soup stuff I can buy from the street, mba I left my house and trekked to iyanaiba market(the ecobank side) bought everything I needed to buy. Trekked from there to Alaba international(tokunbo side) to buy an electric cake mixer. When I was through, I trekked back home from there(aswear people that knows where I stay will understand). When I got back home, the contraction was still manageable, I drank my remaining 2 ragolis 75cl zobo, cooked ogbono soup and beans, ate small indomie noodle and a cup of 2 satchel � plain lipton. Walked around the compound with my children and danced too. While replying bimberry1307, I was laying on my left side, the contraction was still manageable.
Called my aunt and told her, she told me to still walk around and come let's go to the hospital when is serious. I shared dinner for everybody at home, gave my girl instructions since hubz wasn't around and left for another round of trekking around 7pm. When the contraction hit, I was still walking with my mouth open, I trekked to the church, visited the Blessed Sacrament. On my way home, the contraction wasn't friendly again, ahhh! was murmuring JESUS have mercy, Mother MARY help me till I got to my aunt house. Her husband started the car immediately cos I was already shouting I want to poo-poo, baby is coming and the distance from my side to my hospital is far, very far coupled with the tankers on the road and the portholes. I kept shouting I want to poopoo oo and had my legs together with my jaijaina tighten, finally we got to the hospital around 9, my aunt was shouting come and carry her up oo. The nurse that came out told me to try and climb the stairs. I told her if I dare open my legs, baby will slip out and wee wee is coming. Doctor carried me up straight to the labor ward, I parted my legs even before he said anything and I kept chanting Jesus I depend on you, for I have no power of my own.

Doc checked and saw the water bulging out, immediately he broke the water, baby's head slipped out. He told me to stop pushing that baby has cord around his neck, I told him that I'm not pushing that baby is slipping out on his own. He told me to try and control it so he can cut off the cord around the neck that I'm his mother. I don't know how I did it but I did it, baby part slipped off immediately he cut the cord just on his own without me pushing. Dunno how it happened, even doc asked me how many days have I been laboring. Baby was given 3taps on his butt and he gave out the loudest cry ever. Placenta was delivered, I was cleaned up and injected to stop bleeding. They took me to the bathroom where they bathe me with semi hot water before they took me to the room.

We are still having latching problem but I'm pumping and administering Nan 1.

Thanks for all the love here, forever grateful. Safe delivery to everyone here and it'll surely end in praise. ♥ ♥

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
Deeedeee:

Haah!!! Bodija to challenge is too far ma'am Abeg.
Pls just try and reduce the journey.
Moving from bodija to challenge is like moving from alaakia to Ikire or trekking from mowe to berger.

Pls ma'am be careful abeg of u... God will help us all.

Hahahahahahahah..... Are you minding my sarcastic self? Lol.... Even to stand now self na work....

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkyshyne(f): 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
Congratulations to all mamas who have birth their little ones. Nice stories coming out from team July. As for me, I am tick tocking. Baby coming out anytime from now. Mr Braxton hicks getting more consistent. It will end in praise.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Asapretty(f): 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2020
Hello belleful Mama's how is the pushing ministry I bring this opportunity to you.

Bee Services present a 4 days intensive training on smartphone graphic design class. Training mode will be through live videos, note and audio.
Are you an Entrepreneur, a network marketer, have a brand, or into any form of online business? Or do you just want to develop yourself and improve your skill? This class is certainly for you. Don't miss it.
COURSE CONTENT
3D logo design
Whiteboard animation
Text and 3D animation
Flyers and posters
Business card
Cartoonization
Mock up
How to create an avatar
How to add voice over a text animation
How to monetise your skill using Whatsapp.
How to place targeted ads on Facebook.

You don't want to miss any of these!

I also have a tool that every online business person should have in order to reach out to their customers on WhatsApp. I will be giving this out too free at the end of this course. Don't hesitate take this opportunity.
Click the link on my signature to get registered or send me a Pm

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thowobee: 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
She should go to the hospital

A pregnant woman does not selfmedicate because what I take can be accepted by my own body and rejected by the other

But to be on the safer side she can take paracetamol and vitamin c

quote author=Codedzng post=91835721]

Please, someone to help me o[/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Codedzng: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2020
thowobee:
She should go to the hospital

A pregnant woman does not selfmedicate because what I take can be accepted by my own body and rejected by the other

But to be on the safer side she can take paracetamol and vitamin c

quote author=Codedzng post=91835721]

Thanks so much

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joy4real1(f): 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
Ada243:
Hi mommas. Hows our babies doing? Team june how y'all keeping up late night?
This is bringing y'!all waist trainer to snap back your body.
This is me rocking mine and this is my 3rd baby, very comfortable 100percent qualitlatex waist trainer.
Interested whatsapp me or call 08024510000
how much?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rbae: 7:15am On Jul 19, 2020
Rbae:

Ok.
1. By sticking to a Nigerian food fibroid meal plan with smoothies and detox tea eg green tea, guava leaf tea etc u can Google it and join the fibroid shrinking food group on fb.I can help anyone who is interested draft one but its not free. But wait till you wean your baby before you start please. Stop taking folic acid.

2. Avoid beef and all diary produce.

3. Say no to Eba, semovita, fufu etc

4. Eat steamed vegetable soup.

5. Do castor oil in bottle therapy...Google it.

6. Always drink warm or ordinary water only

7. Eat fruits fruits fruits and drink water water water.

Hello beautiful mama's. May God answer all our prayers. I created a group for those who have fibroids or those who had sugery and won't want a regrowth. Let's work as a team and live a healthy life. God will see us through.

https://www.nairaland.com/6000725/fibroid-natural-ways-shrinking-fibroid
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bukit05(f): 8:26am On Jul 19, 2020
Good morning to us all. Please Dia is one mama here that sells nursing bra, she is in Ibadan but I have forgotten her moniker, please if you know her moniker or she is seeing this kindly mention me, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 8:40am On Jul 19, 2020
bukit05:
Good morning to us all. Please Dia is one mama here that sells nursing bra, she is in Ibadan but I have forgotten her moniker, please if you know her moniker or she is seeing this kindly mention me, thanks.
I think her name is omowunmi. Can't remember her moniker but you can contact her on 09030643664. Even though she refused to finalize our transaction, I'm not angry.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 19, 2020
Hey mommas how una dey?
How the waddling ministry

May we all deliver safe and sound

A quick one please.

When your mother comes to bath your baby, her own grandchild is it compulsory for the husband to give her envelope?

Its seem am too civilised to understand these things

Is it not her own grandchild too?

The husband is a yoruba man. Take note.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Orente21(f): 9:53am On Jul 19, 2020
Sharon6:

You'll get it sooner than you think in Jesus Name. In fact this year is your year. In nine months time I'll rejoice with you. Please cc me when you write your BS. It is well.
i dnt know if you are still on nairaland. I was just reading my previous post and I saw this. To God be the glory for the things he has and is still doing in my life. My regards to the children

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by juola(f): 9:55am On Jul 19, 2020
Ohemababy:
Hey mommas how una dey?

A quick one please.

When your mother comes to bath your baby, her own grandchild is it compulsory for the husband to give her envelope?

All this has to do with mentality. If the mother is illiterate or educated but still holds onto those olden days believes, she might not be understanding enough. So, please give her for peace to reign.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EloWChi(f): 10:12am On Jul 19, 2020
Same here. The braxton hick is coming back to back this period

nikkyshyne
post=91848613:

Congratulations to all mamas who have birth their little ones. Nice stories coming out from team July. As for me, I am tick tocking. Baby coming out anytime from now. Mr Braxton hicks getting more consistent. It will end in praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeije123: 10:18am On Jul 19, 2020
Ohemababy:
Hey mommas how una dey?

A quick one please.

If the MIL is Igbo, it is expected of her daughter and family to show appreciation in whatever wy they can especially if mama is coming from the villa. There are things she ought to get and give her friends when she returns. As uncivilized as it may sound, its Igbo custom. Most civilised mothers in developed countries don't go and stay with their children when they deliver or bathe babies. At least they don't do it the way we do it here.
I am married to an Edo man and he knows how it is done. However, the couple shouldn't go out of their way to do this and in a situation where there is there is financial constraint, they should let her know and I'm sure a good mother will understand.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2020
EloWChi:
Same here. The braxton hick is coming back to back this period

Teamie have you passed your due date?I'm also getting the Braxton Hicks back to back but yet to fall into labour despite walking(at least 30mins morning and night or should I increase it)and doing the do with hubby despite the discomfort..I've passed my due date but my doctor wants to give me more time to fall into labour naturally before any intervention...what is your doctor saying?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EloWChi(f): 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
I have passed my first EDD which was 18th.
I decided not to put my mind in it again. I just pray to God and the the necessary things like eating pineapple, exercise.

God will help us.

Mzora:
Teamie have you passed your due date?I'm also getting the Braxton Hicks back to back but yet to fall into labour despite walking(at least 30mins morning and night or should I increase it)and doing the do with hubby despite the discomfort..I've passed my due date but my doctor wants to give me more time to fall into labour naturally before any intervention...what is your doctor saying?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EloWChi(f): 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
Team July 2020 birth Announcement

Its our month, we can't be dulling ourselves now.

Because it our month we can make shakara and flood the thread with our great news nd testimonies.

Let give them back to back good news.

We say a big congratulations to our mama's who ported to the month of June.

Moniker...................................................................Edd................. Sex............................. Dob

1 teebee.......................................... 13th July
............... XX.......................... 1st June..............
BA/BS seen
2 delaveres ..................................... 3rd july
.............. XX......................... 30th June...........
BA seen
3 bomgirl .................................... 6th July.......
............. XX................................. 30th June.
BA seen

To we the rest mama put ur mind at rest, our time shall surely come, remember we r sneezing nd bringing forth. Safe delivery to us all.

1. Aitee1.................... July 24
2. Ohemababy ...........July 4 ..........XX
3. Fruitfulvinee ..........July 25.........XX
4. Mzora ....................July 14
5. iListen ...................July 29
6. Graciamore .......... July 25
7. Blex444 ............... July 7......... ... XX
8. Spixytinxy ............ July 3rd.........XX
9. Kosibaby ............... july 25...........XX
10 Vinoj0225 ............ July 10
11 bomgirl ................ July 6 ........... XX
12 delaveres .............. July 3........... XX
13 ijeije123 ............... July 24
14 Izbanda01............. july 27 ........... XX
15 teebee22 .............. July 13 ......... XX
16 BligsMiss ............. July 20 ......... XX
17 ladun27 .................July 20......... XY
18 perfectella .............July 15......... XX
19 toriaking ................July 31.........XY
20 EloWChi ................ July 18 ....... XY
21 pinkandpurple .......July 21.........XY
22 nikkyshyne .............july 25 ........ XX
23 hardeyolatee ......... July 16.........XX
24 slimvee ....................july 13.........XY
25 iwinnie ................... July 4 ......... XY
26 1sttimeangie ......... July 22 ..... XX XY
27 hapheey07 ............ July 11 ...... XY
28 goldenheart002 ...... July 29 ..... XY
29 jumiphena ............... July 20 .... XY
30 adedoyin ................. July 15 ..... XX
31 duduke ................... July 30 ..... XX

#teamjulyforsupernaturalbirth
#teamjulyforsneezeanddeliver
#teamjoyousjuly
#teamjulyforamazingbirthstories
#teamjuly for easy and swift deivery[/b]

Team July to sure, pregnant mama with grace. Happy bumping

Team July rocks

Please do submit ur bs to encourage oda mama's. Don't forget to mention me when you announce BA

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Ohemababy:
Hey mommas how una dey?

A quick one please.

While it’s customary for the envelope and gifts be given to the woman’s mom (in the Igbo culture), only you know your mom and what her disposition to it is. If she’s expecting to be handed the gifts after the 3months omugwo, please do.
When my mom finished my elder sisters Omugwo, she snuck back the envelope into my sisters bag when she was leaving so I was sent back to return the money to her. But that’s just the kind of person she was and she felt it was her duty to take care of her kids and grandkids. But I’ve heard about mothers that insist on getting both monetary and material gifts after omugwo and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it especially if you can afford it.
Omugwo is more than just bathing the baby o, they take care of the mother as well.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5755) (5756) (5757) (5758) (5759) (5760) (5761) ... (6955) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.