Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8145482 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6290) (6291) (6292) (6293) (6294) (6295) (6296) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ashabi08: 11:42pm On Nov 06, 2021
Omakraid:

Welcome ma, happy and successful waddling to us all

Amen ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by semisola: 12:40am On Nov 07, 2021
Orlolahdey:
XX but d way LO kicks ehn, omo u go think otherwise

Hahaha
Congratulations Mama!
I m having XX too, but mine is a gentle lady, she kick small and rest. Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 7:54am On Nov 07, 2021
Splasshhh:
I have been having severe diarrhea today.
I have taken oral drip and raw pap. It reduced but my stomach is not calm. I am very tired and weak.

What else can I do
drink garri... It works

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 7:58am On Nov 07, 2021
Ashabi08:

Thanks ma..my EDD is 31 of march..yet to check for the sex..I'll definitely update you once i comfirm it.
roger that.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hanzee(f): 8:56am On Nov 07, 2021
B.S Part 2

After taking the drugs and 3 month later nothing happened we contacted a gynaecologist who requested that we carryout some test..SFA For DH and HSG for me, result came out n we were both fine. This actually increased our frustration. So the gynist kept calculating my ovulation for me every month until one day we became tired and resolved to just keep praying and trust in the lord. Finally after 2 years and 2month of marriage we got our BFP the month we did not even see it coming.

First trimester started with serious MS so DH did almost everything for me throughout the pregnancy I guess he was trying to protect the baby and me inside his rubber mine kiss. Second trimester was indeed the honeymoon phase for me everything was smooth. Third trimester came with some little challenges as I fainted in 2 different occasions. The first one I was told was due to low sugar and malaria. Fast forward to 30weeks when the scan showed that baby was breech, I was assured that dere is still time and the baby could turn b4 delivery but another 36 weeks scan still show that baby is still breech so the Dr started preparing my mind for the possibility of a C-section if a repeated scan show the same thing. The reason the doctor gave was that I am a ftm and as such they were not ready to risk VD because the baby's head can get stock and the baby could die.so he advised an elective C-s be carryout for me @ 38 weeks.

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hanzee(f): 9:54am On Nov 07, 2021
B.S Continue.

On a Thursday I went for anc...and a repeated test was carryout, again baby still breech so I was admitted the next day in preparation for CS on Monday. Several test was carryout at the lab and one showed that my potassium was low, in order to correct it I was placed on iv and other medication throughout Saturday and Sunday. Repeated test show I was good to go then Monday morning by 8 O'Clock I was scheduled for surgery... When they came for me I was so tensed I started crying but immediately I got to the theatre I prayed n ask that the will of God be done. As doctors entered I was injected in my spinal cord I became paralysed .na so doctors start to they use me the do practical. I could hear d senior Dr saying this is the first layer bla bla bla.. I did not feel any pain at all till they finished the whole process and prince charming came wee weeing...I think the whole process was about 45minutes.

Now to reason why I choose not to delay my B.S so DAT it can be a lesson to all the waddling mums..2 days after the birth of my son he was taken for immunisation, when they got to the place it was discovered that my son has jaundice so they rushed him to dere children emergency unit and when they took his blood for SB test the level was so high,I think the normal range is 0.0-20.5 but my son's result was reading 23.5 so they had to bleed him that is transfuse emergency blood for him, to reduce his SB level. I was told that phototherapy would not work for him at that time...like play like play my son stayed 4 days on admission because we did not discover the jaundice earlier.. Pls learn from this everyone.. B.S dropped MUMIBEJI take note..pls don't mind my mistake I just manage to type this..

44 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Orlolahdey(f): 10:37am On Nov 07, 2021
semisola:

Hahaha
Congratulations Mama!
I m having XX too, but mine is a gentle lady, she kick small and rest. Lol
Lol, may God make it everlasting joy for us

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumIbeji(f): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hanzee:
B.S Continue.

B.S dropped MUMIBEJI take note..pls don't mind my mistake I just manage to type this..
Congratulations once again teamie. Thank God for your L.O

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wifeysist(f): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2021
B.A B.A
Announcing the arrival of my precious perfect princess via ELCS yesterday 6th November.
Momma’s already sitting, big bro and dad are super excited.
Cc: mumibeji
Wishing the rest of Novembers mamas and the remaining mamas the safest delivery
Boots hung and burnt for life and plenty baby dusts on all GTC mommas.
BS will be submitted soon.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kinado(f): 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
Wifeysist:
B.A B.A
Announcing the arrival of my precious perfect princess via ELCS yesterday 6th November.
congratulations teamie. God bless our princess

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kinado(f): 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hanzee:
B.S Continue.

On a Thursday I went for anc...and a repeated test was carryout, again baby still breech so I was admitted the next day in preparation for CS on Monday. Several test was carryout at the lab and one showed that my potassium was low, in order to correct it I was placed on iv and other medication throughout Saturday and Sunday. Repeated test show I was good to go then Monday morning by 8 O'Clock I was scheduled for surgery... When they came for me I was so tensed I started crying but immediately I got to the theatre I prayed n ask that the will of God be done. As doctors entered I was injected in my spinal cord I became paralysed .na so doctors start to they use me the do practical. I could hear d senior Dr saying this is the first layer bla bla bla.. I did not feel any pain at all till they finished the whole process and prince charming came wee weeing...I think the whole process was about 45minutes.

Now to reason why I choose not to delay my B.S so DAT it can be a lesson to all the waddling mums..2 days after the birth of my son he was taken for immunisation, when they got to the place it was discovered that my son has jaundice so they rushed him to dere children emergency unit and when they took his blood for SB test the level was so high,I think the normal range is 0.0-20.5 but my son's result was reading 23.5 so they had to bleed him that is transfuse emergency blood for him, to reduce his SB level. I was told that phototherapy would not work for him at that time...like play like play my son stayed 4 days on admission because we did not discover the jaundice earlier.. Pls learn from this everyone.. B.S dropped MUMIBEJI take note..pls don't mind my mistake I just manage to type this..

Congratulations teamie. God bless our prince

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumIbeji(f): 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
Wifeysist:
B.A B.A

Congratulations teamie. God bless you and your new bundle of joy.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
kokaiye:
my sister... I tire ooo... Wat did d GP prescribe 4 u wen u go to c her?? I am sure it is paracetamol... They r very gud in dt cs dt is wat one midwife told me on telephone appointment to get paracetamol... Wo!!! Me i don carry my cross oooo

Lol.A u dem?Na PCM. she com add aspirin.i kuku just dey manage myself without complaints again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MummyNeto(f): 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
Good evening mamas
I'm in my 2nd trimester but have not taken any anti malaria drug, someone told me it's risky that I should get swidar, but I'm not having any symptoms. Please is it advisable to use the swidar?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kinado(f): 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
[quote author=MummyNeto post=107415697]Good evening mamas
I'm in my 2nd trimester but have not taken any anti malaria drug, someone told me it's risky that I should get swidar, but I'm not having any symptoms. Please is it advisable to use the swidar?[/quote

Ask ur doc about it

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
miracletoday:

Lol.A u dem?Na PCM. she com add aspirin.i kuku just dey manage myself without complaints again.
Ahahahahah!!! I knew it... Paracetamol no dey far frm dem ooo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 10:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
MummyNeto:
Good evening mamas
I'm in my 2nd trimester but have not taken any anti malaria drug, someone told me it's risky that I should get swidar, but I'm not having any symptoms. Please is it advisable to use the swidar?
but u dnt ve malaria na.... U said it yrsef u dnt ve symptoms Y do u wanna take it?! Stick to ur prenatals... #singing# peperipe peperipepe!!! No go dey do pass ursef.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mizjemie25: 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
MummyNeto:
Good evening mamas
Are you registered for antenatal yet?? Your doctor is supposed to give you at the appropriate time! Pregnant women are supposed to be given anti malaria at least twice during pregnancy.. it’s part of the routine drugs just like tetanus injection.. And yes swidar is the branded one.. talk to your doctor.. might not be good for you if you react to any of the components.. like me.. I did react on my first dose so I wasn’t given again

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2021
Splasshhh:
Hello Mommas.

I am here to register for team February grin

I have been having groin pains much frequently lately. I am not sure what the problem is and how to handle it.

You are welcome to team February mama. Please provide me with your EDD so that I can add you to the list. I also experience that groin pain.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunnybaby: 10:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
Krystalluv:
Team December 2021

#TeamFavour
#TeamHealthyBabyandHealthyMummy

Hello teamies! It's been a while here. Sorry, I've been a little busy with work. How are we doing? How is waddling?
Hmm, at 34 weeks+ my tired is already tired, I can't just wait to have LO in my hands. Wow, who else is experiencing this forgetfulness thing? I forget everything! Imagine going back to my book to check the spelling of "English Studies" while writing on the board! I have to sit in the kitchen till I finish cooking, if not burnt undone food is what I'll end up with. It is well oo..
We should be rounding up shopping now. My shopping is at least 99% done, I've washed some baby clothes, arranged them and also arranged hospital bag, just waiting for the D-Day.
Come and share ur waddling experiences oo..
Let's drop gender pls.

MONIKER.................. EDD..........GENDER
1. Krystalluv .................... 11th......... XX
2. Mizjemie ...................... 27th........ XX and XX
3. Ify15 ............................ 27th
4. dunnybaby ................. 25th........ XX
5. karyss .......................... 2nd
6. eipreel ......................... 29th
7. wandeykul ................... 7th............ XY
8. frances01 ..................... 9th
9. BabyAvo .......................25th..... .... SURPRISE
10. Firstlady001 ..............15th........... XY
11. Senorita222 ...............29th
12. Mightyability ............ 25th
13. AwesomeGodIAv ..... ?
14. cutiereborn .............. 16th......... XX
15. chicaO2 .................... 21st.......... XX
16. Nyxx123 ................... 20th
17. exquizit ..................... 13th......... XX
18. hazee11 .................... 16th

Pls notify me if any error or omission on the list.
Happy and healthy bumping to us.
#TeamFavour
#TeamNoLoss
#TeamEndOfYearGift

Mmmm,it is well. Mine is that M.S has returned,to eat is war. My pelvic is not spared. Am just tired. I feel sick
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by GreatGodwins: 11:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
B. A Birth alert.

My baby boy arrived 3rd of November through Elective CS, weighing 3.3kg at 37 weeks 4days,because of placenta previa.
Mumibeji birth alert submitted. Birth story later.
By God's grace done and dusted with child bearing.
God please visit all the Gtc mothers.,and grant them the desires of their heart amen.

36 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MummyNeto(f): 4:58am On Nov 08, 2021
Yes I have registered, was only given routine drugs I.e the vitamins, nothing else. Thanks mama, I will do as suggested
Mizjemie25:
Are you registered for antenatal yet?? Your doctor is supposed to give you at the appropriate time! Pregnant women are supposed to be given anti malaria at least twice during pregnancy.. it’s part of the routine drugs just like tetanus injection.. And yes swidar is the branded one.. talk to your doctor.. might not be good for you if you react to any of the components.. like me.. I did react on my first dose so I wasn’t given again

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MummyNeto(f): 4:59am On Nov 08, 2021
Alright, thank you[quote author=Kinado post=107417600][/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wentroublecomes: 7:58am On Nov 08, 2021
Wifeysist:
B.A B.A

Congrats teamie. God bless you and your LO. More strength.
@ MumIbeji, it been a while we av see d updates of Team November mommas

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wentroublecomes: 8:08am On Nov 08, 2021
Done scan about 2 weeks ago. They said EDD is October 8.
Here is October 8, baby still playing inside.
Though previous EDDs are 13th Nov., 20th Nov., And base on LMP is 17th Nov.
Make he come quick o. Papa is waiting to welcome him

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 9:28am On Nov 08, 2021
TEAM FEBRUARY 2022

Happy new month teamies!
February mamas what is happening? No response to roll call? Only Halcyon123 responded the last time.

Mamas please make time to say hi. We want to know how you are doing. We only have 2 months before we enter February.

God is in control and will see us through this journey successfully in Jesus name, amen!

NAME................. EDD......SEX
1. whyworryPH............2nd
2. Rejoice 012...............2nd...................XX
3. Honeysweetest.......3rd.....................XX
4. mom2be...................7th....................XY
5. prettmum..................10th.................XX
6. Glozzy239..................11th
7. Splasshhh..................14th
8. Aitee1..........................15th................XY
9. Bennytwin..................16th.................XY
10. bayobabe...................22nd
11. Flower...Gir...l040......We love you
12. luuvlly.........................23rd
13. sayoddy.......................26th
14. Halcyon123................28th..............XY

Team February for easy and supernatural childbirth with healthy mothers and happy daddies.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by luuvlly: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2021
whyworryPH:
TEAM FEBRUARY 2022

Happy new month teamies!
February mamas what is happening? No response to roll call? Only Halcyon123 responded the last time.

Mamas please make time to say hi. We want to know how you are doing. We only have 2 months before we enter February.

God is in control and will see us through this journey successfully in Jesus name, amen!

NAME................. EDD......SEX
1. whyworryPH............2nd
2. Rejoice 012...............2nd
3. prettmum..................10th
4. Glozzy239..................11th
5. bayobabe...................22nd
6. Flower...Gir...l040............We love you
7. luuvlly.........................23rd
8. sayoddy.......................26th
9. Halcyon123................28th..................XY
10. Aitee1..........................Unknown

Team February for easy and supernatural childbirth with healthy mothers and happy daddies.
Cappo, I am pushing through the pains o. Looking at calendar each day. Lol
Mouth still very much bitter every blessed day but vomiting has stopped like a month ago
How are you doing too ma?
God will see us through

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 10:34am On Nov 08, 2021
MummyNeto:
Good evening mamas

Hello Mama, anti malaria drugs are not just given or taken anyhow during pregnancy as some can pose great risk to your baby.

I had concerns about it and asked my Dr seriously before i was convinced about taking it. My Dr's explanation is that anti malaria drugs is different from malaria preventive drugs which is the routine one given in pregnancy not the regular malaria drugs used for treatment of malaria when you already have it.

The Malaria preventive drug is given anytime from 16weeks upwards not before to ensure you are in 2nd tri and after you must have started feeling your baby i.e quickening, so pls discuss with your Dr. If you have started ANC your Dr will keep asking if you have started feeling your baby move it is because they want to know best time to give you malaria prophylaxis medication, at least this was what happened in my case, if by 20weeks you still don't feel your baby maybe due to anterior placenta, they will definitely give you the malaria prophylaxis then.

Whatever you do, don't self medicate pls.

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumIbeji(f): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2021
GreatGodwins:
B. A Birth alert.

My baby boy arrived 3rd of November through Elective CS, weighing 3.3kg at 37 weeks 4days,because of placenta previa.
Mumibeji birth alert submitted. Birth story later.
By God's grace done and dusted with child bearing.
God please visit all the Gtc mothers.,and grant them the desires of their heart amen.

Congratulations teamie.. May God grant you speedy recovery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumIbeji(f): 11:47am On Nov 08, 2021
wentroublecomes:

@ MumIbeji, it been a while we av see d updates of Team November mommas
Hello papa, Will make an update today.. How is wifey?
Just follow her LMP, that is the main one.. Keep preparing, before you know it your bundle of joy will arrive

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6290) (6291) (6292) (6293) (6294) (6295) (6296) ... (6955) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.