Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,475 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6878) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8263748 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6875) (6876) (6877) (6878) (6879) (6880) (6881) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trippleblessing(f): 11:45am On May 01, 2023
Coloredsg:
Immediately I was admitted and moved to the maternity ward. I begged them to allow me go home and carry my hospital bags, the nurses refused and told me I might deliver on the road and it was high risk cos I was carrying twins. I called hubby immediately, he had to rush down to get my things.
Around 4pm, the doctor came to check me. My vagina was opened but the babies were still having fun in my tummy. They were not ready to come out. Maybe they wanted to start school there, I don't know for them.
I still wasn't feeling any pains. Everything was normal. I even sat on the bed and was browsing twitter and Instagram. I was even chatting with my friends on WhatsApp.

Around 6pm, the pains started. Oh Lord, I was trying to be strong but I couldn't hold it anymore. I started crying. The nurses came and told me the babies are getting ready to come and I will be moved to the labor room when it becomes intense.
Around 8pm, I was moved to the labor room. 10mins later, Taiwo came out weighing 2.2kg and crying her eyes out. I felt a bit relieved.
2 mins later, kehinde followed weighing 2.2kg.
The babies were attended to and I was cleaned up.

4th Trimester
We were discharged the next day.
A brief history about my family, most of our babies have jaundice. So once a baby is born, we carry out test the next day.
Tests were carried out on taiwo and kehinde and it was discovered the had jaundice.
The doctors wanted to admit them, we refused and took our babies home.
I come from a family that believes in herbs and got married to another family that believes in herbs.
Mother in law was called and informed of the situation, she came and brought unripe pawpaw. Peeled, washed and soaked it for the babies while another herb was prepared for me which was soaked in lime. I take it every morning plus the unripe pawpaw too and the babies suck it from my breast.
Every morning, we take them out in the morning sun.
Few days later, everything started clearing from their body and their eyes turned white.
We went back to the hospital to do another test( just to confirm if the jaundice is still there or not).
The jaundice was gone. Allhamdulilah.
Everything ended in praise. Mother and the babies are doing well.
The annoying part of 4th trimester is the sleepless nights. I can't wait for this phase to pass.
Thank you all for your support and prayers.

Cc
Kunmisola
Thank God for safe delivery.

I tap into your delivery ease

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 11:56am On May 01, 2023
Boliboli760:
I was team mid April 2023 but I have just had the most extraordinary experience of birth at 42 weeks according to my period tracker. My hospital date me as 42 weeks + 3 days.

This is my fourth birth, first viginal birth after 3 emergency ceasereans. I gave birth in my bathtub.

I will share all glory details via podcast way later.
Birthdate; May 1st
God did it with plenty of hardwork and patience...

Wao wao wao this is unbelievably beautiful. Congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ‘

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 01, 2023
Coloredsg:
Immediately I was admitted and moved to the maternity ward. I begged them to allow me go home and carry my hospital bags, the nurses refused and told me I might deliver on the road and it was high risk cos I was carrying twins. I called hubby immediately, he had to rush down to get my things.
Around 4pm, the doctor came to check me. My vagina was opened but the babies were still having fun in my tummy. They were not ready to come out. Maybe they wanted to start school there, I don't know for them.
I still wasn't feeling any pains. Everything was normal. I even sat on the bed and was browsing twitter and Instagram. I was even chatting with my friends on WhatsApp.

Around 6pm, the pains started. Oh Lord, I was trying to be strong but I couldn't hold it anymore. I started crying. The nurses came and told me the babies are getting ready to come and I will be moved to the labor room when it becomes intense.
Around 8pm, I was moved to the labor room. 10mins later, Taiwo came out weighing 2.2kg and crying her eyes out. I felt a bit relieved.

4th Trimester
A brief history about my family, most of our babies have jaundice. So once a baby is born, we carry out test the next day.
Tests were carried out on taiwo and kehinde and it was discovered the had jaundice.
I come from a family that believes in herbs and got married to another family that believes in herbs.
Mother in law was called and informed of the situation, she came and brought unripe pawpaw. Peeled, washed and soaked it for the babies while another herb was prepared for me which was soaked in lime. I take it every morning plus the unripe pawpaw too and the babies suck it from my breast.
Few days later, everything started clearing from their body and their eyes turned white.
We went back to the hospital to do another test( just to confirm if the jaundice is still there or not).
The annoying part of 4th trimester is the sleepless nights. I can't wait for this phase to pass.

Cc
Kunmisola

I smiled while reading this. Congratulations tou you Once more, I tap into this easy deliveryπŸ₯Ή

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Olorilolo(f): 1:42pm On May 01, 2023
Coloredsg:
BS! BS!! BS!!!

I did as instructed and he put his fingers. He gave me a suprise look and told me I was already in labor and that I wasn't having any discharge; it was my water. The shocking part; I was already 8cm dilated but I wasn't feeling any pains. I just felt normal. The nurses too were suprised.

This is what they call easy peasy delivery. Congratulations mama ibeji!

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SoCalm: 2:35pm On May 01, 2023
Coloredsg:
BS! BS!! BS!!!

First trimester
My morning sickness was worse. I vomit almost everyday. I couldnt eat anything cooked by me. The only food I could eat was Akara and Moimoi. Any other food will be accompanied by serious vomitting. I hated anything sugary. Fruits had a weird after taste in my mouth so I couldn't take it.
Weakness became a part of me. I started spitting too but bitter cola and chewing gum worked for me.

Second Trimester
Things improved greatly, I had a lot of energy. I could eat food prepared by me and I hated moimoi and Akara that was my favorite in my first trimester.
Mom-in-law sent Agbo Abiwere (herbs for easy delivery) and huntu (my Muslim brethren will understand this).

Third trimester
This trimester was accompanied by back pains, leg pains, feeling heavy and inability to change position while sleeping. The worst of it all was heartburn. I later discovered chewing gum reduces my heartburn. I was also eating for 6people.
I hated sex while pregnant so I started routine walking and dancing as my exercises. I walked for 25mins every Tues, Thursday, sat and Sunday and when I am bored, I play music and shake what my mama gave me.

At 33 weeks, I started noticing my discharge has increased. Doctor told me there was nothing to worry about. He also told me to start getting ready cos twin babies come early.
I started blending Ewedu and drinking.

At 37 weeks, on the 19th of April 7am, I noticed a watery discharge. It was different from the normal discharge and has a different
Different smell. Since we were told during antenatal that we should always come to the hospital to complain if we notice anything different from the usual, I decided to go to the hospital to see a doctor.
I cooked, ate, slept a bit and around 12pm, I carried my handbag and took a bike to the hospital.
I waited for 1 hr before I could see doctor (it's a general hospital). I complained about the watery discharge and he told me to lie down so he can check something.
I did as instructed and he put his fingers. He gave me a suprise look and told me I was already in labor and that I wasn't having any discharge; it was my water. The shocking part; I was already 8cm dilated but I wasn't feeling any pains. I just felt normal. The nurses too were suprised.

Wow congrats momma…
Ve heard alot about the wonders of ewedu, maybe I will try it out

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 3:41pm On May 01, 2023
Mamas the plaster for the CS has been removed but I forgot to ask if I can start bathing now & if the surgery area needs to be clean with spirit. Pls do I need to clean with spirit & bath too? Thns
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 3:43pm On May 01, 2023
Coloredsg:
BS! BS!! BS!!!

First trimester
My morning sickness was worse. I vomit almost everyday. I couldnt eat anything cooked by me. The only food I could eat was Akara and Moimoi. Any other food will be accompanied by serious vomitting. I hated anything sugary. Fruits had a weird after taste in my mouth so I couldn't take it.
Weakness became a part of me. I started spitting too but bitter cola and chewing gum worked for me.

Second Trimester
Things improved greatly, I had a lot of energy. I could eat food prepared by me and I hated moimoi and Akara that was my favorite in my first trimester.
Mom-in-law sent Agbo Abiwere (herbs for easy delivery) and huntu (my Muslim brethren will understand this).

Third trimester
This trimester was accompanied by back pains, leg pains, feeling heavy and inability to change position while sleeping. The worst of it all was heartburn. I later discovered chewing gum reduces my heartburn. I was also eating for 6people.
I hated sex while pregnant so I started routine walking and dancing as my exercises. I walked for 25mins every Tues, Thursday, sat and Sunday and when I am bored, I play music and shake what my mama gave me.

At 33 weeks, I started noticing my discharge has increased. Doctor told me there was nothing to worry about. He also told me to start getting ready cos twin babies come early.

At 37 weeks, on the 19th of April 7am, I noticed a watery discharge. It was different from the normal discharge and has a different
Different smell. Since we were told during antenatal that we should always come to the hospital to complain if we notice anything different from the usual, I decided to go to the hospital to see a doctor.
I cooked, ate, slept a bit and around 12pm, I carried my handbag and took a bike to the hospital.
I waited for 1 hr before I could see doctor (it's a general hospital). I complained about the watery discharge and he told me to lie down so he can check something.

Congratulations sis. May the Lord bless the family

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lewalemanto: 3:44pm On May 01, 2023
SoCalm:

Nope… it’s loaded with caffeine

Whaoo..thanks for the info..I won't take it anymore

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lewalemanto: 3:47pm On May 01, 2023
iamfertile:
Mamas the plaster for the CS has been removed but I forgot to ask if I can start bathing now & if the surgery area needs to be clean with spirit. Pls do I need to clean with spirit & bath too? Thns

Yes, you can start bathing but don't scrub the area with sponge. Treat gently and clean the area with menthylated spirit and cotton wool

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 4:24pm On May 01, 2023
Lewalemanto:

Yes, you can start bathing but don't scrub the area with sponge. Treat gently and clean the area with menthylated spirit and cotton wool

OK. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 5:10pm On May 01, 2023
TEAM MAY

All Glory, Honour and Adoration be to God Almighty for his endless grace over us all. We praise him for his mercies and truly, we can say the Lord is good and His mercies endureth forever.
It looks like yesterday when we confirm our BFP and the grace of God has brought us this far. Some Mamas already ported to April and we thank God for easy delivery. I welcome us all to May, there shall be no loss in Jesus name.

1. Indian03............... May 27th..........XY
2. kunmisola....... May 6th........ XY... Delivered April 5th...... B.A/B.S seen
3. Nellyquash....... May 8/10...... Delivered April 12th.…..B.A/B.S seen
4. Funkaish............... May 3rd............XX.. Delivered April 21st....B.A/B.S seen
5. Coloredsg.........May 16th....XY & XX.... [b]Delivered April 19th......B.A/ B.S seen
6. fabulousfay.................................. May 6th
7. Dinabella ............... May 7th.........XX
8. Yumyogo......................................... May 24th
9. kosi2018......................................... May 31st
10. Chylucia........... May 20th.... XX & XY
11. IryNky................. May 24th.............XY
12. rosey11.......................................... May 28th
13. NwamakaHalie.............May 6th..........XY
14. Timitoyo ...............May 30th..............XX
15. iamfertile ...........May 2nd......... Delivered April 13th B.A/B.S seen
16. segxi1960 ....................May 9th...............
17. Temtemmie..................May 16th...........XY
18. Eniwunmi............…......May 6th................
19. Goldenheart002.................May[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 5:11pm On May 01, 2023
Coloredsg:
BS! BS!! BS!!!

First trimester

Second Trimester

Third trimester

Congratulations mama. May they always make you proud.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Abu23Rahman: 5:32pm On May 01, 2023
Good evening a a 25 weeks pregnant woman this morning after eating and taking her pregnant care drugs , fainted this morning, immediately she was sprinkled water and she was alright, so she was given energy booster and she was alright, pls what are the causes of dizziness and fainting, what's the solution
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 7:31pm On May 01, 2023
Coloredsg:

4th Trimester

Cc
Kunmisola

Alhamdullilah for you. Allah is the greatest. He made it so easy for you. May he grant the rest of us the easiest and painless delivery πŸ™ . Congratulations to you once again. Im also taiye πŸ˜†
My mum had twins, my grandmother had twins but i wasn't blessed with twins πŸ˜† as im hanging boots after this

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 7:34pm On May 01, 2023
kunmisola:
TEAM MAY

All Glory, Honour and Adoration be to God Almighty for his endless grace over us all. We praise him for his mercies and truly, we can say the Lord is good and His mercies endureth forever.
It looks like yesterday when we confirm our BFP and the grace of God has brought us this far. Some Mamas already ported to April and we thank God for easy delivery. I welcome us all to May, there shall be no loss in Jesus name.

1. Indian03............... May 27th..........XY
2. kunmisola....... May 6th........ XY... Delivered April 5th...... B.A/B.S seen
3. Nellyquash....... May 8/10...... Delivered April 12th.…..B.A seen
4. Funkaish............... May 3rd...............XX
5. Coloredsg.........May 16th....XY & XX.... [b]Delivered April 19th......B.A/ B.S seen
6. fabulousfay.................................. May 6th
7. Dinabella ............... May 7th.........XX
8. Yumyogo......................................... May 24th
9. kosi2018......................................... May 31st
10. Chylucia........... May 20th.... XX & XY
11. IryNky................. May 24th.............XY
12. rosey11.......................................... May 28th
13. NwamakaHalie.............May 6th..........XY
14. Timitoyo ...............May 30th..............XX
15. iamfertile ...........May 2nd......... Delivered April 13th B.A seen
16. segxi1960 ....................May 9th...............
17. Temtemmie..................May 16th...........XY
18. Eniwunmi............…......May 6th................
19. Goldenheart002.................May

Funkaish dropped BA last month. Nellyquash has dropped BS too

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 7:36pm On May 01, 2023
Abu23Rahman:
Good evening a a 25 weeks pregnant woman this morning after eating and taking her pregnant care drugs , fainted this morning, immediately she was sprinkled water and she was alright, so she was given energy booster and she was alright, pls what are the causes of dizziness and fainting, what's the solution

She should go to hospital pls. To rule out anaemia or pre-eclampsia

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Olorilolo(f): 7:44pm On May 01, 2023
MikeMichel:

Hey Mama, how are you doing? Just wanted to check up on you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 7:56pm On May 01, 2023
Boliboli760:
I was team mid April 2023 but I have just had the most extraordinary experience of birth at 42 weeks according to my period tracker. My hospital date me as 42 weeks + 3 days.

This is my fourth birth, first viginal birth after 3 emergency ceasereans. I gave birth in my bathtub.

Birthdate; May 1st

Congratulations ooo. Can't wait to read your birth story

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 12:12am On May 02, 2023
Fineire:
Our Lord and God.we thank you for loving us, protecting us and providing for us.
Thank you for the miracles you have blessed our womb with. This is the confidence we have in you, that you who have blessed us with such beauty(ies) will perfect it. You will continue to make the journey of pregnancy smooth for us. You will strengthen every part of our bodies and our babies will continue to grow perfectly.
We also pray that you make our delivery easy and successful,there shall be no loss of any kind. Merciful God, we pray that you visit all who are trusting in you for such miracle.
Thank you for answering our prayers for we pray in Jesus Name. Amen...

Amen!!! Some of us fathers are more anxious than the mothers.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 12:17am On May 02, 2023
Abu23Rahman:

Tell the person to go to the hospital so that everything can be checked. It could be low blood count and many other things. May God keep her and the baby safe.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 12:18am On May 02, 2023
indian03:

Alhamdullilah for you. Allah is the greatest. He made it so easy for you. May he grant the rest of us the easiest and painless delivery πŸ™ . Congratulations to you once again. Im also taiye πŸ˜†
My mum had twins, my grandmother had twins but i wasn't blessed with twins πŸ˜† as im hanging boots after this

You could try once more, who knows? Abeg, no mind me ooo. Maybe your other siblings will have twins.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 1:00am On May 02, 2023
[quote author=indian03 post=122869794]

Funkaish dropped BA last month. Nellyquash has dropped BS too[/quote

Thanks ma'am. Corrected

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 1:26am On May 02, 2023
thejourney200:

You could try once more, who knows? Abeg, no mind me ooo. Maybe your other siblings will have twins.

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SoCalm: 1:32am On May 02, 2023
Abu23Rahman:
Anaemia, low bp can cause dizziness please see a doctor.
Also, I don’t think energy drinks or boosters is good for pregnant women.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 6:19am On May 02, 2023
Abu23Rahman:
Pls let her see a doctor as soon as possible. It might be a serious issue and might also be nothing. But it's better safe than sorry.

Ps: energy drink is a no no for pregnant women and nursing mothers

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 6:59am On May 02, 2023
iamfertile:

Thank you. I've told her to seek a 2nd opinion before doing anything

You're welcome sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teema4720(f): 10:39am On May 02, 2023
Wow... Mama Congratulation, Can't wait to be off this.... To say i am tired is an understatement...
Coloredsg:

4th Trimester

Cc
Kunmisola
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fineire: 12:04pm On May 02, 2023
BUMPY TUESDAY ALERT!!!
Mamas with bumps do small shakara with your beautiful bumps , let's admire the hand work of God and put the devil to shame. Let's make today happen please .

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by izaray(f): 12:44pm On May 02, 2023
Boliboli760:

Birthdate; May 1st
Congratulations mama, we give God all the glory
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by waistbead: 1:14pm On May 02, 2023
Boliboli760:

Birthdate; May 1st

Dear Boliboli769, iya mi patiently waiting for ya to come yarn us as e take happen....

God bless you/yours.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ananne: 4:43pm On May 02, 2023
Team August(Team Grace)..Roll call for May.

Username. E.D.D. Gender
Ananne___________________________August 15th

Thejourney200.____________August 30th____XX

Bluevy_____________________________August 4th

Senorita___________________________August 24th

TemmyB18________________________August 21st

Olorilolo___________________________August 30th.

Iyabetajos_________________________August 17th.

Michelle55________________________August 22nd.

August Mamas make una show o

How are you all doing? Hope you are enjoying the second trimester.

Hope we are enjoying the baby movements.

Please check in with your doctor if you notice anything that isn't normal.

I know some of us will start checking our baby's gender soonest.

Keep us updated

Have a wonderful month!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eniwunmi: 8:21pm On May 02, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please quick question. Is swelling towards the end of pregnancy normal? My feet have been swollen for sometime now but I woke up this morning and the whole of my face and eyes are swollen, looked at the mirror this morning and was scared. Is this normal? Or should I visit the hospital ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6875) (6876) (6877) (6878) (6879) (6880) (6881) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.