Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6882) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8145051 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6879) (6880) (6881) (6882) (6883) (6884) (6885) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NwamakaHalie(f): 12:21pm On May 08, 2023
Mamas please I have an issue oo...
I want to Exclusively breastfeed my baby, but I'm not lactating well, I don't even have appetite to eat well, I don't know what to do...I need your advice...thank you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ijelenwanyioma: 1:29pm On May 08, 2023
estilo:

Thank you mama. How is the journey going?
Ha it is well o. I am always feeling so tired and exhausted. The problem now is I àm so addicted to Nzu 🥺. I called my sister in law to send me nzu from village and she sent load of it. Please hope it won't affect my baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 4:36pm On May 08, 2023
Boliboli760:
.Birth story; Shortest version (Still working on the longer one with back story). But just thought this might help someone in the meantime.

PS; I know this is an abroad birth story but i hoped you all will receive it well . It might not be relatable but it can be empowering.
- Pregnancy went on smoothly with no complications. Did all the test and scans no problem. What I did different this time around was refused to be consultant led . In UK, once you've had one CS or more you can't be midwife led. I pushed seeing the consultant (doctor) till about 38weeks . And of course they suggested CS, for no reason other than My previous births were CS. And it will be best for both of us. They convinced me to book one for 40weeks and 3 days. When the day arrived I didn't turn up cos I was already getting few contractions here and there but nothing major. They gave me another date, but I insisted they should give me a date when I am over 42 weeks. So they found a date for Tuesday when I will be 42 weeks 4 days .
On Sunday, went for pre op; they took blood samples. I requested for a cervical check,they declined saying consultant wrote it in my note no cervicalcheck (meaning they don't want to offer me any help other than the CS). I felt defeated leaving the hospital, tears rolling down my eyes while curb walking. Just I stopped for a car to pass by, the lady driver popped her head out of the car and said "Keep going you can do this ". Chai that brought more tears and I said to myself can I really do this. Well ,wiped my tears before getting to hubby in the cafe, I googled Starbucks labour drink and I ordered large. We had a nice chat, walked for over an hour buying groceries mainly things I will take to hospital to eat after the CS.

BIRTH; Got home ,we ate and watched movie with the kids. Everybody's mind was settled knowing the baby will come on Tuesday via elective CS. So we were alot more relaxed, watched TV and just had a nice family time. Meanwhile, I just thought to myself why not try one last thing which I knew about but I had tried way too early in the last Pregnancy but just had false labour. I said to myself the worst that can happen is have false contractions and it will stop before I head to bed. WELL THAT DID NOT HAPPEN THIS TIME.
30th of April 2023
- 4:30pm ; For 15mins I walked up and down the stairs doing different stairs exercises I saw online.(Most uk houses have indoor stairs).

- 5:22 pm; 60ml CASTER OIL, blended with 1 cup of brewed raspberry leaf tea , and 1 pinapple core and cup of water. With ice
- finished at 5;50 pm
- diaharria(sorry TMI) 3 times
- Really massive strong contraction begins at 10:20pm
- I set up diffuser with clary sage oil to intensify contractions and managed to eat just 1 piece of date. Had my ewedu out of freezer incase things got intense(never had it).
- By 11 pm I was in the bath and hubby was using shower pressure on my back cos Contractions was crazy. I had only had paracetamol when contractions started and was using my breathing techniques and listening to meditation I saw on YouTube.
- While in the bath on all fours, I heard a pop and told hubby I think my water 💧 just broke and he said I think so too oh cos the bath water has changed. It has some mucus and very small bloody show.
- All these has never happened to us before, but I knew at that moment no going back now. We are definitely having this baby. I was only having as little as 30secs btw strong contractions. We had a toddler who refused to sleep as was distracted and as well fascinated by mummy screaming her head off cos at this point breathing technique no work.
- I told hubby to call the hospital, in my head I was thinking how will I sit in the car with this crazy contractions. But good thing is hubby called the ambulance instead and they were telling him what to do . The next thing I heard him say when he checked down below was, I can see hair. In my head I was like you say what? That was when I knew I was definitely having this baby. I was screaming "God help me God help me" , I intentionally knew I didn't want to say words like " I can't do this".
- Ambulance on his way, hubby on the phone with them .He cut the phone cos he felt they were distracting him but they called back saying he has to be on the phone until Ambulance arrives. His responses on the phone on what was happening down below was what I was using as my motivation. He told them I can see the head, but the head only pops out when she is having a contraction and head pops back in when contraction stops( which was 15 secs) at this point. That was when I realised I was actually pushing my baby out. My body and I were in sync, I was doing my part and my body was doing its part. That huge ,massive pressure I was feeling down there was a head pushing its way out. Still on all fours , Ambulance came and they were all guys (I heard their voices) . One passed me gas and air, used it once and I got relieved but as soon as the contraction was getting strong I was off the gas and my body did the pushing. They kept telling me what was happening and just as all the head was out a lady paramedic arrived. I heard the guy paramedic say thank God a female is here. She encouraged me to push in the next contraction and I did. And just like that the rest of the body came out. I felt it come out and the relief I felt was beyond amazing. Hubby cut the cord and I was on gas and air still on all fours. It took me 15 mins to deliver the placenta ,it was coming out slowly with contractions and I felt it come out finally with a lot of relief.
- Then I was like like , now I can turn around. I said hello to the lady paramedic, and I said nice to see your face and she said well nice to see your face too 😉 have only met your ASS . We both laughed. I showered, put on a Rob and I saw the rest of the guys thanked them. I walked down the stairs (something you can never do after CS). And just went to the hospital with the baby do see everything was fine. Everything was fine , had a tiny tiny first degree tear No stitch needed as it will heal itself.( I should have had that ewedu at the last minute). I got back home same day by 2pm .

IN ALL;
- started pushing at 00:15am
- birth 00:49am (Monday 1st of May)
- placenta 15 mins later
- Baby size; 4.180kg(over 9 lbs). My biggest baby ever

So it was a crossover birth.

Through out pregnancy, no sweep , no cervical check.
During labour; No cervical dilation check, no baby monitor. And my body did its thing.

I went into this with a lot of research and informed decision knowing fully well I was healthy and baby was healthy. My iron level was amazing, nutrition level was amazing and mentally I was prepared. The only thing I never prepared for was giving birth at home without midwives present. Or having a very short labour even though I drank a lot of raspberry leaf tea, drank blended pineapple with core, ate dates ,drank ewedu juice as least once a week towards the end and bath with herbal soap(from nigeria elewe omo) to help soften my body for birth. Alot of meditation and positive Hypnobirthing videos too.

2o2, congratulations..... This is a motivation for me. Thinking you can't have a Birth after a C section... Congraats

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 4:38pm On May 08, 2023
Dinabella:

Sabi Mama's I have dropped oh.

4.2kg with minimal tear.

B S coming soon, lemme rest small.

Thank you my Sabi Mama's safe delivery to our the Mama's left, God Will do it

Wow, wow, congrats

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 4:39pm On May 08, 2023
kosi2018:
Birth announcement!!!
I gave birth 5th may at 11:30pm, weighing 3.1 edd 31st may. Immediately my placenta came out, I started bleeding uncontrollably, the doctors did all they could do to stop the bleeding to no avail, everyone running helter scatter, Anastasia did not work, I was being stitched like that, at about 1am I was rushed to ubth, the struggle continued there, i lost so much blood, I have been given 4 pints of blood so far. My baby is in the hospital I gave birth, while I am in ubth. In all I thank God because the devil has been put to shame already. Long birth story will come as soon as I reunite with my princess.

Congratulations. Thank God for the he has taken control of the situation. Speedy healing injn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 4:49pm On May 08, 2023
Please I have some questions......

..... My baby poops lik 2 - 3 times at night before daybreak but may poo like once or twice during the day. I am exclusively breastfeeding. She'll be a month old by Saturday - Pls is this normal?

....hmmm 2ndly...... Abeg nobody should laugh oooo grin grin
How long should one wait before trying to conceive again after a c section?
I'm asking because I've waited 8 yrs b4 having this precious baby so I REALLY dont want anything that'll cause delay (TTC) again.
And what are the chances of having a VBirth after a c section?
Pls Sabi Mama's help your girl out. L4t me be planning for the future.
Thanks always

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kosi2018(f): 4:54pm On May 08, 2023
Amen
iamfertile:

Congratulations. Thank God for the he has taken control of the situation. Speedy healing injn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SoCalm: 5:26pm On May 08, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Ha it is well o. I am always feeling so tired and exhausted. The problem now is I àm so addicted to Nzu 🥺. I called my sister in law to send me nzu from village and she sent load of it. Please hope it won't affect my baby
It has traces of mercury which is not good for the baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 5:36pm On May 08, 2023
fabulousfay:
BA! BA! BA!
May Mamas I don born oooo
May 2nd, BS coming soon.
Congratulations to all the Mama's that have put to birth.
Safe delivery to the remaining mamas.

Congratulations mama. God bless the baby and the entire family.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 5:37pm On May 08, 2023
NwamakaHalie:

Good afternoon mamas, Your girl put to bed last week 27th April baby girl

Congratulations mama. May she always be the coolness of your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 5:40pm On May 08, 2023
With gratitude to God and Joy in our hearts, we announce the arrival of baby fabulousfay and baby NwamakaHalie. May their arrival bring in more goodness into your families.

1. Indian03............... May 27th..........XY
2. kunmisola....... May 6th........ XY... Delivered April 5th...... B.A/B.S seen
3. Nellyquash....... May 8/10...... Delivered April 12th.…..B.A/B.S seen
4. Funkaish............... May 3rd............XX.. Delivered April 21st....B.A/B.S seen
5. Coloredsg.........May 16th....XY & XX.... Delivered April 19th......B.A/ B.S seen
6. fabulousfay............ May 6th..... Delivered May 2nd....B.A seen
7. Dinabella ............... May 7th.........XX... Delivered May 6th....B.A seen
8. Yumyogo......................................... May 24th
9. kosi2018.......... May 31st.......XX......Delivered May 5th....B.A seen
10. Chylucia........... May 20th.... XX & XY
11. IryNky................. May 24th.............XY
12. rosey11.......................................... May 28th
13. NwamakaHalie.............May 6th..........XX..... Delivered April 27th....B.A seen
14. Timitoyo ...............May 30th..............XX
15. iamfertile ...........May 2nd......... Delivered April 13th B.A /B.S seen
16. segxi1960 ....................May 9th........ Delivered May 5th B.A seen
17. Temtemmie..................May 16th...........XY
18. Eniwunmi............…......May 6th........... Delivered May 5th B.A seen
19. Goldenheart002.................May 19th............

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 5:47pm On May 08, 2023
We thank God for His Faithfulness on all May mamas. Indeed God has been Faithful and merciful to us all. It looked like yesterday when we all tested positive and we thank God how far he has brought us. We thank God for healthy mothers and children, we thank God for safe delivery, we appreciate him for the remaining waddling mamas for He will delivered them safely.
Mamas who are yet to put to bed, our prayers and good thoughts are with you, we awaits your good news, there shall be no loss.
For Mamas who had put to bed, how is fourth trimester oooo? From my end, Jason be showing someone shege with night vigils and constant breastfeeding. God will make it easy for us all and provide all needed to be good parents in Jesus name.

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarcoatted(f): 5:58pm On May 08, 2023
iamfertile:

..... My baby poops lik 2 - 3 times at night before daybreak but may poo like once or twice during the day. I am exclusively breastfeeding. She'll be a month old by Saturday - Pls is this normal?

I'm asking because I've waited 8 yrs b4 having this precious baby so I REALLY dont want anything that'll cause delay (TTC) again.
Thanks always

Most doctors say you need to wait atleast 1yr and 6months before getting pregnant if you want to try vbac. Anything earlier, they might not want to risk it.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 5:59pm On May 08, 2023
NwamakaHalie:
Mamas please I have an issue oo...
I want to Exclusively breastfeed my baby, but I'm not lactating well, I don't even have appetite to eat well, I don't know what to do...I need your advice...thank you

Drink more of Pap, I heard it helps in lactating. If the breast isn't soft enough for milk to come you can use adin(Palm Kernel) don't know if I get it right. Deep towel in hot water & Massage the breast then rub the adin. Trust me milk will come out. That's wat I used
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 6:01pm On May 08, 2023
sugarcoatted:

Most doctors say you need to wait atleast 1yr and 6months before getting pregnant if you want to try vbac. Anything earlier, they might not want to risk it.

OK. Aiit. Thnxx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 6:36pm On May 08, 2023
November mamas how we doing how's Ms treating us.
On my side here Ms is still dealing with me and I will be 13 weeks by Wednesday,I can't say am tired coupled with headaches,tiredness leg pain it is well with us all..Smooth journey ahead of is

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NwamakaHalie(f): 7:22pm On May 08, 2023
iamfertile:

Drink more of Pap, I heard it helps in lactating. If the breast isn't soft enough for milk to come you can use adin(Palm Kernel) don't know if I get it right. Deep towel in hot water & Massage the breast then rub the adin. Trust me milk will come out. That's wat I used

Thank you soo much, I'll try it out

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NwamakaHalie(f): 7:23pm On May 08, 2023
kunmisola:

Congratulations mama. May she always be the coolness of your eyes.

Amen 🙏 🙏 thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaymandak(m): 7:49pm On May 08, 2023
Know more about your physiological and anatomical changes during pregnancy.
What is the line in women's abdomen during pregnancy called?

Generally, this line appears during the second trimester, around the 23rd week of pregnancy, and is usually more visible in women with darker skin tones. The cause of linea nigra is still not fully understood, but it is believed to be linked to hormonal changes occurring during pregnancy.
For more read https://bluetabloid.com/what-is-this-line-on-women-abdomen-during-pregnancy-called

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Missfree: 8:33pm On May 08, 2023
estilo:

Thank you mama. How is the journey going?
fine thank you mama the lord is our strength
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fineire: 11:47pm On May 08, 2023
Prayer Monday Alert!!!
In Jesus Name, Lord God,we thank you for life,protection,provision and all you continue to do in our lives.
Bless us this and everyday. Strengthen us and uphold us. Give us the grace to carry on this journey of pregnancy in health,make our delivery days a success. Surround us with so much love from family,friends and health workers.
Blessed are we ,our husbands and babies. Fill our store rooms with abundance,let there be running over.Blessed is the womb believing in you to carry their own seeds , for their moment of visitation is here in Jesus Name .
Thank you Lord for answering our prayers.We ask in Jesus Name

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 2:50am On May 09, 2023
Tinudesi:
November mamas how we doing how's Ms treating us.
On my side here Ms is still dealing with me and I will be 13 weeks by Wednesday,I can't say am tired coupled with headaches,tiredness leg pain it is well with us all..Smooth journey ahead of is
We're doing ok, teamie . Ms is gradually reducing but I eat like a buffalo. As for the headache, e be like say na follow come o. We'll be alright sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fabulousfay(f): 10:56am On May 09, 2023
Thanks cappo,how is 4th trimester going?
kunmisola:

Congratulations mama. God bless the baby and the entire family.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by izaray(f): 12:39pm On May 09, 2023
iamfertile:

Thanks always
Relax your mind and get heal first, for affliction will not repeat itself again. God has open your womb for fruitfulness already so you gat no worries. Congratulations ma'am

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lewalemanto: 1:02pm On May 09, 2023
iamfertile:

Thanks always

I will advise you wait till two years. My first child was through CS. I got pregnant again when he was a year and six months. Doctor advised CS again because it wasn't up to two years I had my first CS.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 2:21pm On May 09, 2023
izaray:
Relax your mind and get heal first, for affliction will not repeat itself again. God has open your womb for fruitfulness already so you gat no worries. Congratulations ma'am

Amen.. Thank youuuuuuuuu
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 2:22pm On May 09, 2023
Lewalemanto:

I will advise you wait till two years. My first child was through CS. I got pregnant again when he was a year and six months. Doctor advised CS again because it wasn't up to two years I had my first CS.

Wow, this CS is something oo. My fear y I rejected it in the first place but thank God it ended in praise. Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 3:50pm On May 09, 2023
fabulousfay:
Thanks cappo,how is 4th trimester going?

Shege is going on teamie. I do night vigils everyday ooo and the boy can chop ehn. How is it from your end?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gistme12: 3:56pm On May 09, 2023
jjaney:

When you say widely open, is it that the stitches have loosened and where was stitched is now open? or what you mean is that it looks wide but all the stitches are still intact? If your stitches are loose then you need to go back to the hospital, but if it's the other case, don't worry mama, it's normal. When you do the hot water sitting consistently it closes gradually and everything goes back to normal. It does look scary at first. Also, remember to put detol and whatever else you add to the water, it's important as well. You'll be fine, no worries.
Thanks mama. My mind is now at rest
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gistme12: 3:57pm On May 09, 2023
Goldenheart002:

Keep doing the sitz bath, it will close up.
Thanks mama.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 4:23pm On May 09, 2023
kunmisola:

Shege is going on teamie. I do night vigils everyday ooo and the boy can chop ehn. How is it from your end?

Chai🥲. Another phase. Epele
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 4:27pm On May 09, 2023
iamfertile:

Wow, this CS is something oo. My fear y I rejected it in the first place but thank God it ended in praise. Thanks mama

From your BS, you were already 8cm and you requested for CS. I wanted to ask y oo. Cos you said doctor told you to hold on a little longer 🤔. Though me too at that point i used to shout for CS but normally the doctor and nurses know its because of the pain. Was there any complications which made you chose it ? Maybe i missed it. Sorry for taking you back

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6879) (6880) (6881) (6882) (6883) (6884) (6885) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.