Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? (24549 Views)

Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by delejames(m): 9:50am On Mar 13, 2012
Gsmxpert: I personally left the catholic church where i was an alter boy because I realized that
bowing down before anything made by hand is a sin. The Catholics dont observe that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by delejames(m): 9:50am On Mar 13, 2012
Gsmxpert: I personally left the catholic church where i was an alter boy because I realized that
bowing down before anything made by hand is a sin. The Catholics dont observe that.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by delejames(m): 9:51am On Mar 13, 2012
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Yeske2(m): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2012
I think it's the religious dogma followed to the core in Catholic church that bores the youth, same can be said of other orthodox churches too.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by bigshow123: 9:58am On Mar 13, 2012
youths are returning to the church cuz d reality is dawning dat the so-called pentecostal churches are too centralized on an individual. afta idahosa, wat is left wit church of God mission, afta oduyemi, wat remains of bethel wonderland. but catholic church has been existing for over 2000 yrs and still goin strong. if the church is wrong, it wouldnt have stayed dis long cuz anything dat is not built on Gos's foundation will surely sink.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by chmod777: 10:13am On Mar 13, 2012
I hope this is ONLY for Nigeria, please go to other parts of the world and it may not be same.
Religion has always been in infusion of the local culture* (please read medieval history and the history of the church).
Catholicism derives much of its doctrines based on medieval European cultures. Pentecostal in Nigeria and the USA is not left out. Their practices are in consonance with contemporary culture. The world is dynamic. Those criticizing Catholicism should think deep and realize that Nigerian culture/belief now follows Nigeria churches. Arab and Islam is not left out.
Youths dump Catholicism in Nigeria because of so many reasons and the major is doctrinal and global fluidity of things.

I do not attend Catholic but I am sure the belief in Nigeria is quite different from that of the Asian Christians, Eu Christians, South American Christians etc.

You leave your faith just same manner your grand fathers thought it wise to dump African religion, and also expect your Children to do same.... life goes on
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by obi123: 10:16am On Mar 13, 2012
well maybe they are searching for something else than the catholic church is offering , The catholic church has a distinct way of worship which might not appeal to youths of today , but I've experienced other churches and made the firm decision to never to leave the catholic church.
i was born into a catholic family , its my choice to remain catholic and would never consider leaving the catholic church because it offers me what i want for my spiritual life.
i guess the most important thing is as long as you worship God the best way you can ,u are pretty much good to go, not sure it will matter on the last day
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by nwanioma(f): 10:33am On Mar 13, 2012
For me two words "youthful exuberance" undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Magnanimity(m): 10:36am On Mar 13, 2012
991: born in a catholic family though I disbelieve all religions now.
i can tell you instinctively that everything thought in catholic churches is absolutely crap. no offense intended, reason it yourself, others aren't better because religion is a SCAM.

holy marry, mother of god, pray for them
Michael and Joseph, pray for them,
holy st. peters , pray for them
all the dead faithfuls, pray for them

and you see mind-questioning pictures and drawings all over the walls of catholic churches, not to mention roman sculptures etc,
finally the most silly act of any reasonable youth is to tell his or her misdeeds to a catholic priest and believes that their god has forgiven them.
A nincompoop statement
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Magnanimity(m): 10:38am On Mar 13, 2012
i can tell you instinctively that everything thought in catholic churches is absolutely crap. no offense intended, reason it yourself, others aren't better because religion is a SCAM.

and you see mind-questioning pictures and drawings all over the walls of catholic churches, not to mention roman sculptures etc,
finally the most silly act of any reasonable youth is to tell his or her misdeeds to a catholic priest and believes that their god has forgiven them.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by patorini(m): 10:44am On Mar 13, 2012
^^
couldn't agree more.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by jummy05: 10:44am On Mar 13, 2012
may be because of boko haram
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 13, 2012
@magnanimity
"....believes that their god has forgiven them"

Please how is the above statement from what other denomination believe? Please think logically, Catholics believe that by doing their sins are forgiven while other faith believe that by praying to God themselves their sins are forgive. The similarity between both is "believe" which is what religion is based upon. Am yet to Catholic nor other denomination with evidence that with their own method their sins were actually forgiven.Or hard evidence that one denomination's believes work while the other failed. Until then, you people should stop dissing other people's denomination, practice your faith and allow others practice theirs.

NB: I am not a fan of religion but one thing I have noticed is that Catholics rarely talk about other denominations while other denominations always make Catholic their centre of discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by afm4ever(m): 10:59am On Mar 13, 2012

my brother u hit d nail on d head
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by afm4ever(m): 11:05am On Mar 13, 2012
some of dem don't even read dere bible when going to church na only bulletin dem dey carry go church dey don't dig deep in d bible
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Heck: 11:46am On Mar 13, 2012
My people perish for lack of Knowledge. In the last days pastors will clad in immorality to appease & multiply souls for Devil.

Youth mobility in search of fun than God must abound in our time. True worshipers of God remain Catholic. Though Christ may be found in some other churches, for sure He is Catholic.

As population grow, an unresearched thought sees exodus from Catholic faith. False. Take a census, many youth remain catholic, but commitment to the faith may vary.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by ceejayluv(m): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2012
Its expected. Religion is dynamic. Christianity is sheer radical/reformed judaism. Islam reared its head in the 7th century. Martin Luther revolted, The Church of England decamped. In the 19th & 20th centuries, the Jehovah's witnesses and Mormons sprang up. Not to mention Buddha, Hindu, Shinto, e.t.c... All claim to be the 'truth' . The rule is BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANNA BELIEVE cos as far as i'm concerned we all are searching for the truth while wallowing in ignorance! Converting to Islam does not guarantee u will be like Dangote. Switchin churches doesn't solve $hit! Cos in the next couple of centuries, other religious movements will evolve as well.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by AfricaFace(f): 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2012
@isunjaba.. many thanks for the spirit filled sermon this morning.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Tropilo(m): 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2012
Please, Please, Please, Please and Please! Lets stop dividing the body of CHRIST. I beg una!
If u are making a pot of of soup. After, u hv put in all d incredients. Its d fire that cooks it that makes it tasty. That pot of soup is d body of CHRIST and d fire is d HOLY SPIRIT that makes Christianity in d likeness of CHRIST a sweet feeling. GOD bless us all. Thru CHRIST JESUS. Amen!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by omamokta: 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2012
The number that comes into catholic church on daily basis is more than the number that leaves on a yearly basis. Glory to God, Honour to Mary!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2012
May God have mercy on all dis peoples dat are after de catholic.people knows what is true and deviate 4rm it becoz they want 2 go 2 where they wil have freedom of dressing anyhow and do all sort of trash.those dat are against d holy images like d crucifix,i will bow down 4 holy images of God than 2 bow down 4 ordinary pastors dat're impure.All dis new churches,they're not after 2 win souls but 2 win population n 2 make names,i said dis, bcoz they have tried it 2 me.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2012
Thy Lord be with u and with ur spirit.I believe in God,the Father Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by totorimi: 1:21pm On Mar 13, 2012
Nobody knows the way but JESUS. So all the churches are just man made contraption. God is a spirit so HE must be worshiped in truth and in spirit. Church can not save you its your heart and what goes on inside your heart. Let no man, woman, pastor, evangelist, GO, bishop, Ajinrere, Oluso agutan, shepherd, reverend or whatever fool you. Man know thyself so that you may be saved. Go down on your knees and pray directly to God Almighty HE will hear you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by nasty45(m): 1:29pm On Mar 13, 2012
mollybest: Thy Lord be with u and with ur spirit.I believe in God,the Father Almighty.
those pix are not Jesus' pix.they were drawn by da vinci.i learnt the other one was a criminal in prison.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by denony(m): 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2012
It's simply because they are seeking attention.
Catholics are the only formidable and trusted Church.

Am growing too tired of all these churches
in every knocks and crannies of our country.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by kandiikane(m): 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2012
If Jesus was alive today he did look like a middle eastern with bear bear,not black or white or chinese.

@At OP, because catholic churches are very boring.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Jacmario(m): 2:13pm On Mar 13, 2012
because of the solemn way catholics worship. 2. Youths are not given d "desired" freedom. 3. The catholic church dont practice "quick miracles"
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by iykak47: 2:25pm On Mar 13, 2012
The population of catholic church is increasing not decreasing,a church of over 2,000 years is not moi moi.
People are free to leave, but those who leave catholic church should ask themselves if the church didnt preach to them to be righteous.
Any body in naija who finds himself or herself in hell should not blame any church because we have already heard much(enough} preaching in the church,mosque,radio,television,newspaper,in the bus,on the road etc.,
we should not be looking for a scapegoat.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Virnee(f): 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2012
If God is truelly everywhere why change churches?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 13, 2012
Pentecostal churches prey on the weak (jobless) minds
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by kholis(m): 2:52pm On Mar 13, 2012
lagcity: Becos they are tired of Bishops and Priests playing with little Emeka's john thomas. If na me sef, i go waka one time.

Oh, My God!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Virnee(f): 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2012
I would advise we all be careful how we make jokes on pastors, the priest and Popes, let God be the judge here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is There In The Bible That Man Should Marry One Wife? / Ekwueme Song By Prospa Ochimana (lyrics) / Pastor Gives Lady 48 Strokes Of Cane, For Her To Get A Husband In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.