Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? (24603 Views)

Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Samsamy: 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2012
buzugee: cuz they dont want to get r-a-p-e-d  by H-o-r-n-y popes  grin
What a silly statement read so far....
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2012
bigshow123: youths are returning to the church cuz d reality is dawning dat the so-called pentecostal churches are too centralized on an individual. afta idahosa, wat is left wit church of God mission, afta oduyemi, wat remains of bethel wonderland. but catholic church has been existing for over 2000 yrs and still goin strong. if the church is wrong, it wouldnt have stayed dis long cuz anything dat is not built on Gos's foundation will surely sink.

Guy you are getting it all wrong....you completely left the subject matter. WHY DO YOUTHS LEAVE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH is the question. Personally I left the Catholic Church too because of many reasons:

1.There is doctrine following than teaching the bible.
2.The focus is on Mary rather than Jesus, the bible says there is no other name given among men whereby we must be saved....it's only Jesus name.
3.There is too much IDOLATRY in Catholic Church...bowing down to statues, communion, alter etc!
4.There are a whole lot of unbiblical stuffs in Catholic that can be tagged demonic or mystical.........exhuming of dead people (saints), asking saints to pray for them not being able to make use of the power in God to get things done etc

Need not say more because there are a lot of creepy things in Catholic that will take an insider to know.

Most so called Catholics today just attend church without getting to the deep root of Catholicism.....you need to go deep and research things and check them in line with the Bible, you'll be amazed at what you'll discover.

I pray that all Catholics will have their eyes open to the truth of God's Word as I did.

Shalom.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Samsamy: 3:37pm On Mar 13, 2012
Burntcoal: Catholic is crap. The first time i attended the service i nearly chocked cos they were all chantin nonsense. Aw can you pray to a humans when the bible says christ is our only mediator and advocate.
And which humans do Catholics pray to? In case you are uninformed as it appears,Christ is the son of God, and was God Himself. He left a legacy on earth before he left the earth, and this legacy was tbe extablishment of His one, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic church.The Catholic church is Apostolicin the sense thatit was established under the foundation of the Apostles, who have sustained the church down the ages. The present Pope, and every Popes who will come after him are representatives of the apostle Peter, to whom Christ said "you are Peter and on this rock I will build my Church". Christ is the chief sherphed of his church, and the ruler of His flock, come let us adore Him in the Catholic Church. The angels and saint around Him in Heaven help to intercede or pray for us to God when we call on them, and when we know we are not worthy to call on God due to sin.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Samsamy: 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

Guy you are getting it all wrong....you completely left the subject matter. WHY DO YOUTHS LEAVE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH is the question. Personally I left the Catholic Church too because of many reasons:

1.There is doctrine following than teaching the bible.
2.The focus is on Mary rather than Jesus, the bible says there is no other name given among men whereby we must be saved....it's only Jesus name.
3.There is too much IDOLATRY in Catholic Church...bowing down to statues, communion, alter etc!
4.There are a whole lot of unbiblical stuffs in Catholic that can be tagged demonic or mystical.........exhuming of dead people (saints), asking saints to pray for them not being able to make use of the power in God to get things done etc

Need not say more because there are a lot of creepy things in Catholic that will take an insider to know.

Most so called Catholics today just attend church without getting to the deep root of Catholicism.....you need to go deep and research things and check them in line with the Bible, you'll be amazed at what you'll discover.

I pray that all Catholics will have their eyes open to the truth of God's Word as I did.

Shalom.
But why do some persons tend to lier in othrr to support their claims? It is so sad!Well, poster, all you've posted are but far from the truth. Maybe you have to come back to the Catholic and researcj affresh. Bless your soul...
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Samsamy: 3:48pm On Mar 13, 2012
Burntcoal: Catholic is crap. The first time i attended the service i nearly chocked cos they were all chantin nonsense. Aw can you pray to a humans when the bible says christ is our only mediator and advocate.
And which humans do Catholics pray to? In case you are uninformed as it appears,Christ is the son of God, and was God Himself. He left a legacy on earth before he left the earth, and this legacy was tbe extablishment of His one, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic church.The Catholic church is Apostolicin the sense thatit was established under the foundation of the Apostles, who have sustained the church down the ages. The present Pope, and every Popes who will come after him are representatives of the apostle Peter, to whom Christ said "you are Peter and on this rock I will build my Church". Christ is the chief sherphed of his church, and the ruler of His flock, come let us adore Him in the Catholic Church. The angels and saint around Him in Heaven help to intercede or pray for us to God when we call on them, and when we know we are not worthy to call on God due to sin.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Samsamy: 3:51pm On Mar 13, 2012
isunjaba: I had made my comments in what could be seen as in a matured and responsible way. Little did I realize that there are babies who are very parochial, uninformed and untutored on the site. I did not and will not find it necessary to condemn any denomination or group. I laid the source of any weaknesses on the Catholic Church- as a demonstration of humility, but not that we are weak. The Judgement should be left for God.

As a Catholic, I have encountered people at different levels of different denominations or Churches and have not found them living better Christian lives than me.
I have received tens of invitations inviting me to come and become pastor in different Churches, but I proudly and gratefully remain a Catholic. Through my practise of the true and authentic faith in Christ, many Catholics who had left the Church have come back.
The Catholic Church "owns" the bible, died to save it, was persecuted in preserving it over the centuries- close to two thousand years, suffered and was badly tortured in trying to spread the Gospel. So I do not see how a baby born today will feel it reads and understands the bible better its father that is 2000 yrs old, to whom the message was entrusted and has ever since remained custodian of the Truth by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We do not and will never make a public flaunting of our knowledge of the Scriptures nor interpret or apply it for selfish ends. It is not a business tool in our hands, neither do we use it to exploit the ignorant.

By the biblical fact that those who live in fellowship with Christ cannot be separated from God now (Romans 8:31) and will never be separated from this union by death (Rm 8:31, Mark 9:2-13), those who die in Christ continue with the ever ending of fellowship and intercession for the living. Our Lord's encounter with the "dead" Moses and Elijah is a sound proof of the fact that Our God is a God of the living and not of the dead. For this, we do confidently and rightly ask for the intercession of the righteous ones who are sleeping in Christ.
If you can ask your pastor whose future is very much uncertain to pray for you, I do not see why I cannot ask the holy and righteous Children of God- like Mother Mary and other saints to pray for me ( for us - you and I ) and our country Nigeria.
We acknowledge that not every of our officials or priests live 100% upright. But please show me that pastor that lives righteously and does not exploit the poor and hungry members of his Church for his personal development.

Weldone bro, you've done so well in your little capacity, God bless you...
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by ProfJYK(m): 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2012
marketing efforts/strategies from other churches (fine girls to boys and vice versa)

also, trends can't be ignored. I winessed youths leaving one new generation church for another. see the peak period of Beleivers love world, living faith and more recently COZA, Abuja.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by ProfJYK(m): 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2012
Crowd Mentality
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by mercurie(f): 5:07pm On Mar 13, 2012
buzugee: cuz they dont want to get r-a-p-e-d  by H-o-r-n-y popes  grin
. May God 4give u 4 dat statement
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by achi4u(m): 5:37pm On Mar 13, 2012
if you see how this up-coming artise...ehmm! sorry!!! upcoming pastors envy the so called mega-pastors you will hate this mush room churches the more.

thank GOD am a CATHOLIC.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by oluagness(m): 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2012
'Cos they hate truth and want to walk half naked, they want holy kiss and want to blow wistle. Some want to make quik money by setting up his own church.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 13, 2012
@skipfr & virus2010
Google "THE ROMAN CATHOLIC INQUISITION"
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Mafious(m): 6:38pm On Mar 13, 2012
The first and the main reason I left the Catholic Church is because some how the Catholic prayer doesn't work I wish I know why. If something goes wrong and somebody needs prayers nobody calls a Catholic it is the same rascal pentecostal folks that we all run to, those who have not done same don't have a life threatening issue to deal with. I stopped going to Church after my Father passed many people where of the opinion that it was the will of God but I said to myself if a God would allow a Man that loves him and is devoted to him die then he wasn't worth serving and I was dead serious.

Now! in college I meet these guys who go to RCF (Redeemed Christian Fellowship) and we got talking about why I stopped going to Church they did not judge me rather they showed me scriptures and explained to me from a spiritual stand point what happened to my Dad. Simply it is impossible to please God without faith for if we need Mary and all the saints to Intercede for us then Christ lied to us and his death was in Vain.

I am pentecostal now (whatever that means) and I never did become a member of RCF because they did not preach Church to me but Christ and they always told me to go look for my own Church, I love those guys to death.

Now to the second point, let me brag a little on myself. I come from the family with the most Papal Knights and Papal Medalist and my Uncle is a Cardinal folks who worship in Lagos would know what family I am talking about. Because of the number of influential people who I call family a lot of issues that cannot be made public are discussed right there in our living room and let me tell say that if Catholic have any idea the grand scandals that are covered up daily the Church would not have a single member left. Peter may have founded the Pope now I think the devil himself runs it.

I feel sorry for folks who cry Church Church Church because our walk with God has never been and would never be about Church we would all be judged by our relationship with Christ. We all know that when anything is a money spinner a lot of people get involved hence the number of fake pastors but it is wrong to say all pentecostal Churches are about money. Lets face it take all the youths from TREM, Winners, Daystar, Redeem and see the impact the Churches have had in their life you would agree with me that the Pentecostal movement is a blessing to this generation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by ck296(f): 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2012
why do these same youths return later in life as grown adults back to the catholic church,after their sojourn?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2012
paintings filled with hidden symbols. what the hell is the 2-fingers up sign of that child.

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by annajess: 8:18pm On Mar 13, 2012
when will u guys stop discussing abt religion
Western world are doing better things with there time
Yu are here starting a new thread on religion
Am a roman c 4 life
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 13, 2012
People who leave d catholic church are d lazy christians.they are youths,who are after material things,they would go 2 orda churches where they would get quick miracles,not knowing d kind of powers those pastors acquired in making their churches n as wel using human's heads in their buildings in order 4 people 2 believe in them.U all know dat it is true n u have experienced it,stop deceiving urselves,biko!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by achi4u(m): 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2012
you are all in invited at the Adoration Ministry Enugu Nigeria(Amen)every friday...all night.God bless you as come in Jesus Name Amen.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by zikaengee(f): 12:00am On Mar 14, 2012
Am still a youth and am a catholic and not thinking of leaving.Catholic all the way. Those that leave,always come back so is waste of time searching cos am in the right place. Am very proud to be a catholic and will like to die a catholic cos is never boring to me
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 3:35am On Mar 14, 2012
@ mafious

What a hilarious post!!! So you mean people in pentecostal churches do not die!!!sorry anyway about d death of your father but it quite ridiculous 2 say he died because he was in the catholic church.Even day old babies die in pentecostal churches as well

How does asking saints to pray 4 u denote a lack of faith? D people always encourages us to pray 4 one another.Besides do your pentecostal pastors not also pray 4 u?

How did u conclude catholic prayers do not work?I am a living witness of the efficacy of the catholic prayer life.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by rapmike(m): 9:11am On Mar 14, 2012
welll... i can say dis for sure...people have different convictions about things.the catholic church has a lot of traditions(not completely stated in the bible),that can be confusing to youths.for example the statutes issue and 'praying to saints'.and isubaba(hope i got that correctly, if not no offense meant),despite the fact that catholic church has done some good to Christianity, it does not mean that it does not have skeletons in its cupboard. the Crusades are there, and some other presecutions that the church, either in rome or one of its parishes in europe has endorsed(e.g blessing soldiers to a war irrespective of which war they are fighting). in all, it is not about which church you go that makes you holy, its about yr relationship with God and other people.other churches are not also clean like that so [b][/b][i][/i]DON'T CONDEMN ANY CHURCH.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 9:38am On Mar 14, 2012
Sam samy:
But why do some persons tend to lier in othrr to support their claims? It is so sad!Well, poster, all you've posted are but far from the truth. Maybe you have to come back to the Catholic and researcj affresh. Bless your soul...

Sorry Sam, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.(2 Cor. 5:17)....I will never come back to Catholic never ever! Now Sam and every Catholic that have commented on this note that Catholic is never the first church...the Romans where the ones tormenting the Christians then before they decided to mingle and form The Roman Catholic Mission. Peter is never a Pope, read the bible and see, see the Acts of the Apostles and discover the truth, there no mention of Mary, Pope, Catholicism in that part of the bible! Do not be deceived.

Shalom
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by xynerise: 9:40am On Mar 14, 2012
Youths like churches that preach self servicing as normal phelomina grin, set ablaze as punishment for sin, a dirty slap on the face for misbehaving, men applying gel to the hair and look like rat wey them pour water, and wearing tapolin as protection even when d weather is hot. I hail thee. grin
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by xynerise: 9:42am On Mar 14, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

Sorry Sam, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.(2 Cor. 5:17)....I will never come back to Catholic never ever! Now Sam and every Catholic that have commented on this note that Catholic is never the first church...the Romans where the ones tormenting the Christians then before they decided to mingle and form The Roman Catholic Mission. Peter is never a Pope, read the bible and see, see the Acts of the Apostles and discover the truth, there no mention of Mary, Pope, Catholicism in that part of the bible! Do not be deceived.

Shalom
so the church u are now will lead u to heaven abi? undecided
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 9:51am On Mar 14, 2012
xynerise:
so the church u are now will lead u to heaven abi? undecided

Yes my dear. I am born again not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible. It is not church that will save you but church will point you to Christ assist you in seeing the right part to take by teaching biblical principle of life that will assist you to get to heaven.

See I don't like this trashing, any Catholic that feels he was to defend the Catholic faith should send me an email on johnoghie@yahoo.com and let us chat or better still johnoghie on yahoo messenger.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by xynerise: 9:55am On Mar 14, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

Yes my dear. I am born again not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible. It is not church that will save you but church will point you to Christ assist you in seeing the right part to take by teaching biblical principle of life that will assist you to get to heaven.

See I don't like this trashing, any Catholic that feels he was to defend the Catholic faith should send me an email on johnoghie@yahoo.com and let us chat or better still johnoghie on yahoo messenger.
so as it stands now u are righteous?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 10:03am On Mar 14, 2012
mollybest: May God have mercy on all dis peoples dat are after de catholic.people knows what is true and deviate 4rm it becoz they want 2 go 2 where they wil have freedom of dressing anyhow and do all sort of trash.those dat are against d holy images like d crucifix,i will bow down 4 holy images of God than 2 bow down 4 ordinary pastors dat're impure.All dis new churches,they're not after 2 win souls but 2 win population n 2 make names,i said dis, bcoz they have tried it 2 me.

My dear you are soooo wrong! The Catholic have deviated from time immemorial from Christ and speaking of dressing anyhow, sister I was at Falomo Catholic church when I was still a Catholic....my God it was like the haven of prostitutes, ladies were dress like harlots and I can tell you that. I belong to a place where holiness is held in high esteem you can dress anyhow there without being sent out, holy image is a sham there is no image holy but Jesus himself. Please do not be deceived the bible says you shall not bow to any image in the likeness of things on earth or heaven above....you see Catholics bow to idols and Pentecostals don't bow to their Pastors but respect them just as I will respect any Reverend Father I meet any day because he is an elder and "Man of God".

To continue with this discussion email me on johnoghie@yahoo.com

Shalom
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by xynerise: 10:06am On Mar 14, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

My dear you are soooo wrong! The Catholic have deviated from time immemorial from Christ and speaking of dressing anyhow, sister I was at Falomo Catholic church when I was still a Catholic....my God it was like the haven of prostitutes, ladies were dress like harlots and I can tell you that. I belong to a place where holiness is held in high esteem you can dress anyhow there without being sent out, holy image is a sham there is no image holy but Jesus himself. Please do not be deceived the bible says you shall not bow to any image in the likeness of things on earth or heaven above....you see Catholics bow to idols and Pentecostals don't bow to their Pastors but respect them just as I will respect any Reverend Father I meet any day because he is an elder and "Man of God".

To continue with this discussion email me on johnoghie@yahoo.com

Shalom
and in ur current church u all dress like angels?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 10:11am On Mar 14, 2012
xynerise:
so as it stands now u are righteous?

By the Grace of God! I have a the righteous of Christ because without him dying for me I am nothing because the bible says our righteousness are like filthy rags before God. But with the holiness of Jesus I am covered because his mercies endures for ever.

For further question mail me on johnoghie@yahoo.com
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 10:15am On Mar 14, 2012
xynerise:
and in ur current church u all dress like angels?

Yes! But we don't spare the rod to tell ladies to dress WELL!! We are not economical with the truth!!! My Pastor and his wife dress well so why will we wanna dress awkward? Tell me.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by xynerise: 11:27am On Mar 14, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

Yes! But we don't spare the rod to tell ladies to dress WELL!! We are not economical with the truth!!! My Pastor and his wife dress well so why will we wanna dress awkward? Tell me.
how am I so sure are not d head pastor of ur church?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by gegee(m): 11:47am On Mar 14, 2012
i've read about the history of the catholic church and their practices. if any person gets that sort of information they won't want to remain in the catholic church........besides worshiping God doesn't have to be boring

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anita Oyakhilome Finally Reveals Why She Did Not Attend Her Daughter's Wedding / Ekwueme Song By Prospa Ochimana (lyrics) / A Sierra Leonian Came Back From Hell With A Message For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.