Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,219 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? (24590 Views)

Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Dnaz(m): 8:59pm On Apr 02, 2012
Johnnie ZM:
Guy u are the confuse person. U don't even knw the history of ur church what a shame! Abeg get urself inform b4 and stop putting emotions in the way of history! Christ will never start a church that worship IDOLS in the name of statues. God will open ur eyes.
1st get a proper IQ den we can talk abt history cos obviously u don't understand d simple things u read
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2012
Dnaz:

1st get a proper IQ den we can talk abt history cos obviously u don't understand d simple things u read

And I suppose you understand? You have not really up any intelligent argument since this thread started. You are just insultive and can't even facts in the bible or history books to defend ur Catholic faith. U see you knw nothing abt the church! Olodo!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2012
Johnnie ZM:
Yes I have pushed you to read the history of ur church, bt u twistd ur conclusion Jesus never founded the Catholic Church! Did you read that from ur information source? Come on who ordaind Peter a pope? Pope is not even in the bible, my dear leave story jo. When Jesus said I will build my church he was nt saying he would build it on Peter's head or corpse! It is a spiritual statement...(that is another kettle of fish). My conclusion is that ur eyes of understanding be enlighten to see the way back to Christ!

lets talk about d role of Peter. He was chosen by Jesus as his first disciple. Again given leadership role by jesus. Jesus declares peter blessed in mattew 16:13-20. John 21:15-17 jesus gave him authority 2 tak car of his flocks.he also gave peter the key 2 heaven in mattew 16:17-20 sayn dat what ever u bind in earth shal be bind in heaven and who u forgive shal b 4gevn in heaven. So what ar u sayn. Its lik a man on a dieing bed give a land to his son to own and control. Wil u cal dat a spiritual statement or say dat he was meaning that d land belongs 2 his other brothers? See its beter u accept the fact or hold ur peace.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Dnaz(m): 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2012
Ogamgil:

lets talk about d role of Peter. He was chosen by Jesus as his first disciple. Again given leadership role by jesus. Jesus declares peter blessed in mattew 16:13-20. John 21:15-17 jesus gave him authority 2 tak car of his flocks.he also gave peter the key 2 heaven in mattew 16:17-20 sayn dat what ever u bind in earth shal be bind in heaven and who u forgive shal b 4gevn in heaven. So what ar u sayn. Its lik a man on a dieing bed give a land to his son to own and control. Wil u cal dat a spiritual statement or say dat he was meaning that d land belongs 2 his other brothers? See its beter u accept the fact or hold ur peace.

Pointless don't waste ur tym on him,
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 11:39pm On Apr 02, 2012
Dnaz:

Pointless don't waste ur tym on him,
So true don't waste your time, this one is sold to Jesus Christ! No turning back.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Dnaz(m): 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2012
[quote author grin=Johnnie ZM]
And I suppose you understand? You have not really up any intelligent argument since this thread started. You are just insultive and can't even facts in the bible or history books to defend ur Catholic faith. U see you knw nothing abt the church! Olodo![/quote]
And u really think u have made an intelligent arguement in this thread grin wonders shall never end
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 10:21am On Apr 03, 2012
Dnaz:
And u really think u have made an intelligent arguement in this thread grin wonders shall never end

Ofcourse I have....and it has driven you guys back to go further into research! I blow my own trumpet! grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 11:11am On Apr 03, 2012
Question: Why do youths leave the Catholic Church?

Answer: Why did many of Jesus disciples leave him?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by joe4christ(m): 11:30am On Apr 03, 2012
[size=15pt] The bible warns against Judging cos it's the responsibility of God not man.
But would it be right for me to see someone heading towards destruction and simply because i dont want to judge then i should just keep mute. That would make me the greatest fool ever.

Let me state it clearly and i dont care what you believe, catholic are under deception of satan, dont just go to mass and just get fed, learn to read and ponder upon the word of God in your spare time and the holy spirit would reveal to you the truth of which i'm speaking right now.
[/size]
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by gegee(m): 11:33am On Apr 03, 2012
oya make unna rest this matter b4 i send boko haram to close the church
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2012
@jeo4christ
Let me state it clearly and i dont care what you believe, catholic are under deception of satan, dont just go to mass and just get fed, learn to read and ponder upon the word of God in your spare time and the holy spirit would reveal to you the truth of which i'm speaking right now. [/color][/size][/quote]

The world is comming to an End. U ANTI-CHRIST the catholic is built on a solid rock and no gate of hell shal privale against it. GET BEHIND US SATAN.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 2:53pm On Apr 03, 2012
Ogamgil: @jeo4christ
Let me state it clearly and i dont care what you believe, catholic are under deception of satan, dont just go to mass and just get fed, learn to read and ponder upon the word of God in your spare time and the holy spirit would reveal to you the truth of which i'm speaking right now. [/color][/size]

The world is comming to an End. U ANTI-CHRIST the catholic is built on a solid rock and no gate of hell shal privale against it. GET BEHIND US SATAN.

My beloved Ogamgil, so for your mind now you think that Catholics will be in heaven beacause of so called solid rock? Even witchcraft and voodoo have solid base and have been around for ever! My dear repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 7:12pm On Apr 03, 2012
My beloved Ogamgil, so for your mind now you think that Catholics will be in heaven beacause of so called solid rock? Even witchcraft and voodoo have solid base and have been around for ever! My dear repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.[/quote]

sometimes i wonder why some people ar stil so shallow minded even in this jet age. May God help us especialy we youths of now. AMEN. I rest my case.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by joe4christ(m): 8:15pm On Apr 03, 2012
Ogamgil:
My beloved Ogamgil, so for your mind now you think that Catholics will be in heaven beacause of so called solid rock? Even witchcraft and voodoo have solid base and have been around for ever! My dear repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

sometimes i wonder why some people ar stil so shallow minded even in this jet age. May God help us especialy we youths of now. AMEN. I rest my case.

Dear, initially i intended not talking much about this issue cos Jesus himself said he's gonna judge the church first even before judging the world.
But i want us to discuss reasonably like two mature minds, i just want you to tell me, have you ever heard from the holy spirit before?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 8:01am On Apr 04, 2012
joe4christ:

Dear, initially i intended not talking much about this issue cos Jesus himself said he's gonna judge the church first even before judging the world.
But i want us to discuss reasonably like two mature minds, i just want you to tell me, have you ever heard from the holy spirit before?

the spirte of God speak 2 each and every one. It depends on d person 2 listen and b able 2 identify d spirit.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 11:54am On Apr 04, 2012
joe4christ: [size=15pt]

Let me state it clearly and i dont care what you believe, catholic are under deception of satan, dont just go to mass and just get fed, learn to read and ponder upon the word of God in your spare time and the holy spirit would reveal to you the truth of which i'm speaking right now.
[/size]

So how do you know that Catholics are under the deception of satan? Is it the Holy Spirit that revealed that to you?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 7:17am On Apr 05, 2012
italo:

So how do you know that Catholics are under the deception of satan? Is it the Holy Spirit that revealed that to you?
It's very simple: the Catholic doctrine does include repentance from works of sin infact you celebrate sin! Bowing to all of statues and communion is idolatry, worship or veneration of Mary, watered down preaching and economising the truth of the gospel, to crown it all up purgatorial belief is anti-Christ and pouring souls into hell...I'll like pause here because I don't even want to open the can of worm of what goes on in the Catholic Convents! And why is it that all false doctrine of Catholics are all implied in d bible? Reactions please.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Sucre3(f): 7:24am On Apr 05, 2012
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Johnnie ZM(m): 3 minutes & 36 seconds

italo:

It's very simple: the Catholic doctrine does include repentance from works of sin infact you celebrate sin! Bowing to all of statues and communion is idolatry, worship or veneration of Mary, watered down preaching and economising the truth of the gospel, to crown it all up purgatorial belief is anti-Christ and pouring souls into hell...I'll like pause here because I don't even want to open the can of worm of what goes on in the Catholic Convents! And why is it that all false doctrine of Catholics are all implied in d bible? Reactions please.

Ma advise is dnt say things u av no proof abt, if u left d catholic church is at ur own wil. U dats blaspheming , u were neva a catholic. Dnt allow d wrath of God 2 fall on u...
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 9:27am On Apr 05, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

Do you want me to answer to all that at the same time or you are just throwing it all in together to make it difficult to discuss and arrive at the truth?

Would you be uncomfortable if we exposed your lies one by one?

Where would you like to start?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 9:42am On Apr 05, 2012
italo:

Do you want me to answer to all that at the same time or you are just throwing it all in together to make it difficult to discuss and arrive at the truth?

Would you be uncomfortable if we exposed your lies one by one?

Where would you like to start?

My guy I'm here for you. Answer or ask more questions I will be answering them with facts! I have no fear whatsoever neither did I lie in my posts.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 10:40am On Apr 05, 2012
Taking it one after the other: you said bowing to statues is idolatory. That's one lie. A bow is meaningless if you are not worshipping that object as God or a god. What if I bowed to a spoon or a fork, would that necessarily be idolatory? Of course not.

Secondly, there's a difference btw bowing IN FRONT OF a statue and bowing TO a statue. Maybe you should keep a dictionary handy next time you read the Bible. When Catholics are before a statue of Jesus, Mary or any of the Angels and Saints, it helps them lift their minds to God who has been glorified through the life of the Saint. Let me give you an example: I want St. Jude to pray to Jesus for me. So I go to his statue (which has been blessed and is therefore a spiritual point of contact between me and God). I kneel because I'm in God's presence and I say to St. Jude (not the statue): "Pls pray for Johnnie ZM that he may find the truth of The Catholic faith". It doesn't mean that statue is being worshipped or talked to. Otherwise it would mean that pentecostals who go to their church and kneel and pray are worshipping the church building and talking to it, wouldn't it? What about those who listen to Christian music and start to pray to God? Does that mean they are worshipping the music?

Don't forget that, the statue, church building and music are all works of art. The art is meant to help us lift our hearts to God whom we pray to.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by joe4christ(m): 10:42am On Apr 05, 2012
Ogamgil:

the spirte of God speak 2 each and every one. It depends on d person 2 listen and b able 2 identify d spirit.

Thank God you know this, you see it's easier to win the soul of a lost sinner being an unbeliever, but for those under deception believing they are actually obeying God, to such it's indeed difficult to convince, only by the revelation from the holy spirit himself only can set such free from that grip of deception.

God commanded that he hates idolatery for that reason isrealites should not calve any image or potraite in reverence to him but you catholics breached that command by mounting up statue in the image of God & Mary, that is idolatery, the bible never talked about purgatery neither did Jesus who came to tell us all about the life-after and the way to heaven for those who want to spend eternity with him in paradise never made mentioned of it neither did the apostle did mention the existance of purgatory, Jesus only made mention of only two eternal destinations;
Namely heaven & hell, so tell me where your founding fathers found that concept from. Did i hear u say God?

There are still lot more, but answer this first!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 11:12am On Apr 05, 2012
@ Johnnie ZM,

What's your problem with communion precisely? That there shouldn't be anything like communion or that there could be but it should not be bowed to?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 11:44am On Apr 05, 2012
joe4christ:

God commanded that he hates idolatery for that reason isrealites should not calve any image or potraite in reverence to him but you catholics breached that command by mounting up statue in the image of God & Mary, that is idolatery,

So who said these to who? Was it the Pope that said it to catholics or God to israelites?

Exodus 25:18 "And make two cherubim out of hammered gold at the ends of the cover. 19 Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends. 20 The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking toward the cover. 21 Place the cover on top of the ark and put in the ark the tablets of the covenant law that I will give you. 22 There, above the cover between the two cherubim that are over the ark of the covenant law, I will meet with you and give you all my commands for the Israelites."

Exodus 26:1 “Make the tabernacle with ten curtains of finely twisted linen and blue, purple and scarlet yarn, with cherubim woven into them by a skilled worker."

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2012
joe4christ: the bible never talked about purgatery neither did Jesus who came to tell us all about the life-after and the way to heaven for those who want to spend eternity with him in paradise never made mentioned of it neither did the apostle did mention the existance of purgatory, Jesus only made mention of only two eternal destinations;
Namely heaven & hell, so tell me where your founding fathers found that concept from. Did i hear u say God?

Matt. 12:32 – Jesus says, “And anyone who says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but no one who speaks against the Holy Spirit will be forgiven either in this world or in the next.”

Going by these words of Jesus, it is clear that there is forgiveness after death. So where is it that people will be forgiven after death? Is it heaven? No. Forgiveness is not necessary in heaven. Is it hell? No. There will be no forgiveness in hell. The Catholic Church calls this place purgatory. What do you call it?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by PastorAIO: 5:59pm On Apr 05, 2012
Numbers 21:

8 And the LORD said unto Moses: 'Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole; and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he seeth it, shall live.'
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 6:12pm On Apr 05, 2012
joe4christ:

Thank God you know this, you see it's easier to win the soul of a lost sinner being an unbeliever, but for those under deception believing they are actually obeying God, to such it's indeed difficult to convince, only by the revelation from the holy spirit himself only can set such free from that grip of deception.

God commanded that he hates idolatery for that reason isrealites should not calve any image or potraite in reverence to him but you catholics breached that command by mounting up statue in the image of God & Mary, that is idolatery, the bible never talked about purgatery neither did Jesus who came to tell us all about the life-after and the way to heaven for those who want to spend eternity with him in paradise never made mentioned of it neither did the apostle did mention the existance of purgatory, Jesus only made mention of only two eternal destinations;

Joe you are making me proud, keep it up. My Catholic friends I'm tied up wt work and activities I'll answer all ur questions one after the other whn I'm done.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2012
yes.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by joe4christ(m): 12:05am On Apr 06, 2012
italo:

Matt. 12:32 – Jesus says, “And anyone who says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but no one who speaks against the Holy Spirit will be forgiven either in this world or in the next.”

Going by these words of Jesus, it is clear that there is forgiveness after death. So where is it that people will be forgiven after death? Is it heaven? No. Forgiveness is not necessary in heaven. Is it hell? No. There will be no forgiveness in hell. The Catholic Church calls this place purgatory. What do you call it?

Must you have to twist the scripture to suit yourself?
From the above scripture of matt 12:32 could u pls show me where Jesus said the anyone who sinned against the holy spirit could only be forgiven in purgatory? Or are you so spiritually blind that you can no longer see meaning into scriptural truth?

Or have'nt you read that it is appointed unto a man to die once and after that Judgement - HEBREWS 9:27.
So where does forgiveness comes after judgement?

Is that what the book of revelation entails?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by PastorAIO: 4:00am On Apr 06, 2012
joe4christ:

Or have'nt you read that it is appointed unto a man to die once and after that Judgement - HEBREWS 9:27.

52The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised,
Matthew 27

Where are these people now, if it is appointed to man to die but once? Obviously they cannot die twice, according to your logic. So they must still be walking around the earth somewhere. and they can't do anything because the next thing for them is judgement.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 4:40am On Apr 06, 2012
joe4christ:

From the above scripture of matt 12:32 could u pls show me where Jesus said the anyone who sinned against the holy spirit could only be forgiven in purgatory? Or are you so spiritually blind that you can no longer see meaning into scriptural truth?

Perhaps what you need more are a pair of glasses and a dictionary, not a Bible. With the dictionary, look up the meaning of 'twist', then with your glasses, read my post again and tell me (and everyone) where I said "anyone who sins against the Holy Spirit could only be forgiven in purgatory".

If Jesus said "no one who speaks against the Holy Spirit will be forgiven, either in this world or in the next", does that not show that for some other sins, people will be forgiven, either in this world or in the next?

So I say again: the Catholic Church calls that place "purgatory".

What do you call that place in the world to come where people will be forgiven of those other sins?

I guess it is simple enough for you to understand it now because even the flowers in my sitting room are beginning to understand it.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 6:55am On Apr 06, 2012
joe4christ:

@jeo4christ i can see dat u and ur brother jonnie do not want 2 learn. critics lik u pple hav come and gone so please in ur best intrest liv d church alone cus i personaly knw what happen to people lik u 2. Do u remember in d bible wer it is writn "notn unclean shal enter into the kingdom of heaven" and it is also writn d holyest man in d world sin seven times in a day". So in conclusion no body is worthy of entern heaven. Dats wer paugatory comes in. Catholic did not just start a day and mind what u say d holy spirte told u cus no body shld tel a lie about d holy spirit

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rev Fr John Adeyi Buried In Otukpo (PIX) / Anita Oyakhilome Finally Reveals Why She Did Not Attend Her Daughter's Wedding / TB Joshua Provides Federal Jobs For 24 Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.