Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? (24605 Views)

Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 11:27am On Apr 12, 2012
italo:

So since communion is Jesus-God's' "body", I will bow to it, lie prostrate before it and adore it.

I can't believe a 36year old is asking me to show him where the Bible said "you can bow to Jesus' body". No wonder you left the Catholic Church. With these level of reasoning its obvious you never knew a thing in the Church.

But I will still show you the Bible references if you show me where the Bible said "don't bow to Jesus-God's body.

Guy I leave you to your fate! Idolatry is celebrated in your church! There is no point arguing with someone who knew not but knew not that he knew not! I rest my case!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 10:48pm On Apr 12, 2012
@Johnnie ZM,

Is that the easy way to run away from the discussion? I thought you were the one that invited me to take you on on any topic, that you were ready for me. Now that I've shown you that communion is Jesus-God's body and I can bow to it, you bail out with your tail between your legs.

Sometimes I wonder, in your so-called 21yrs in the Catholic Church, did you worship any image? If so tell us which image. Tell us what you said to the image. Did you worship Mary, Peter, Paul and all the other saints? What did you say to them? Who told you to worship them? Your priest, catechist or your parents? Or did you just worship them because everything you were taught by all of them never stayed in your brain, hence your doing the exact opposite of what you were taught?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by donami(m): 12:51am On Apr 13, 2012
a lot of people say things that they dont know. If you read the books on the religions of babylon u wuld see a lot on what catholics practice like the mother and child worship. Let me ask this, do you know that The Pope is the priest of Horus
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 5:15am On Apr 13, 2012
Lmao. Mister man, go and wash ur clothes if you have nothing meaninful to say!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 11:03am On Apr 13, 2012
donami: a lot of people say things that they dont know. If you read the books on the religions of babylon u wuld see a lot on what catholics practice like the mother and child worship. Let me ask this, do you know that The Pope is the priest of Horus

Donami I have tried so hard to show him the way but he just refuse to walk in the way! Please tell him if he would listen to you.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 11:08am On Apr 13, 2012
italo: @Johnnie ZM,

Is that the easy way to run away from the discussion? I thought you were the one that invited me to take you on on any topic, that you were ready for me. Now that I've shown you that communion is Jesus-God's body and I can bow to it, you bail out with your tail between your legs.

Sometimes I wonder, in your so-called 21yrs in the Catholic Church, did you worship any image? If so tell us which image. Tell us what you said to the image. Did you worship Mary, Peter, Paul and all the other saints? What did you say to them? Who told you to worship them? Your priest, catechist or your parents? Or did you just worship them because everything you were taught by all of them never stayed in your brain, hence your doing the exact opposite of what you were taught?

Guy open your eyes and see the abomination of desolation that Daniel prophesy and Jesus referred to happening in the Catholic Church already....you never answered my question, I asked you if Jesus told you to bow to the communion! You think you are making sense? You are not, I just thought is fruitless taking you on on that topic cause you are just as confused as a thick forest!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by PastorAIO: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2012
I wonder if Jesus ever instructed us to bow in worship to God.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

Guy open your eyes and see the abomination of desolation that Daniel prophesy and Jesus referred to happening in the Catholic Church already....you never answered my question, I asked you if Jesus told you to bow to the communion! You think you are making sense? You are not, I just thought is fruitless taking you on on that topic cause you are just as confused as a thick forest!

But I told you I'll answer you when you give me a Bible verse where Jesus says "don't bow to my body (communion)". So if you truly want my answer, you know what to do. Don't you want to nail me? Then give me an answer and I will have no other escape route. Or is the question a senseless one like the one you asked?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by PastorAIO: 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2012
This calls for a thread on Iconism and Iconoclasm.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by donami(m): 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2012
babylonmysteryreligion.com/motherandchild.htm
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by PastorAIO: 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2012
donami: babylonmysteryreligion.com/motherandchild.htm

are there any respectable historical documents that confirm this story of Semiramis and Tammuz in Babylon because a lot of these sites seem to be anything but serious.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2012
donami: a lot of people say things that they dont know. If you read the books on the religions of babylon u wuld see a lot on what catholics practice like the mother and child worship. Let me ask this, do you know that The Pope is the priest of Horus

na wa o pope priest of horns der is notn i wont hear. If his a priest of horns den ur a devil incanate or an agent of d devil 2 knw
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by donami(m): 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2012
pls am not trying to cause any harm nor condem any1 ,but pls seek knowledge. ask questions, and be open minded. Of course u have d bible r u reading and following it. We all have 1 life to live therefore BE ABSOLUTELY SURE OF YOUR DESTINATION AFTER HERE.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2012
Mtchew!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by elampiro(m): 10:10am On Apr 14, 2012
John 6:32. Jesus said '' Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is He (Jesus) who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world''. Vs35 '' I am the bread of life'' vs50 ''This is the bread which comes from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die''. V52 the Jews therefore quarreled ''how can this man gives us his flesh to eat?''. Vs53-63Jesus said to them, ''unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you''. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day''. '' For the Flesh is food indeed and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. As the Living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. This is the bread which came down from heaven, not as your fathers ate the manners and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.'' Many of his disciples said ''this is hard saying; who can understand it?'' Jesus said to them ''what then if you see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? .... the words I speak to you are spirit, and they have life''. The Holy Communion (the body and blood of Christ consecrated by the Catholic priests since the history of the church) is the body of Jesus- God the Son. We have to show reverence and adoration to the body of Christ. We are to kneel before Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Rich4god(m): 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2012
Na wa o... Nothing wey i no go hear from nairaland. Pope priest of Horus, what of cardinals and bishops... whose priest are they. You guys should better be concerned about living a holy/righteous life, and not attacking other people's church. As 4 me... Catholic all the way.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Piro4rl(m): 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2012
[quote author=isunjaba]I had made my comments in what could be seen as in a matured and responsible way. Little did I realize that there are babies who are very parochial, uninformed and untutored on the site. I did not and will not find it necessary to condemn any denomination or group. I laid the source of any weaknesses on the Catholic Church- as a demonstration of humility, but not that we are weak. The Judgement should be left for God.

As a Catholic, I have encountered people at different levels of different denominations or Churches and have not found them living better Christian lives than me.
I have received tens of invitations inviting me to come and become pastor in different Churches, but I proudly and gratefully remain a Catholic. Through my practise of the true and authentic faith in Christ, many Catholics who had left the Church have come back.
The Catholic Church "owns" the bible, died to save it, was persecuted in preserving it over the centuries- close to two thousand years, suffered and was badly tortured in trying to spread the Gospel. So I do not see how a baby born today will feel it reads and understands the bible better its father that is 2000 yrs old, to whom the message was entrusted and has ever since remained custodian of the Truth by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We do not and will never make a public flaunting of our knowledge of the Scriptures nor interpret or apply it for selfish ends. It is not a business tool in our hands, neither do we use it to exploit the ignorant.

By the biblical fact that those who live in fellowship with Christ cannot be separated from God now (Romans 8:31) and will never be separated from this union by death (Rm 8:31, Mark 9:2-13), those who die in Christ continue with the ever ending of fellowship and intercession for the living. Our Lord's encounter with the "dead" Moses and Elijah is a sound proof of the fact that Our God is a God of the living and not of the dead. For this, we do confidently and rightly ask for the intercession of the righteous ones who are sleeping in Christ.
If you can ask your pastor whose future is very much uncertain to pray for you, I do not see why I cannot ask the holy and righteous Children of God- like Mother Mary and other saints to pray for me ( for us - you and I ) and our country Nigeria.
We acknowledge that not every of our officials or priests live 100% upright. But please show me that pastor that lives righteously and does not exploit the poor and hungry members of his Church for his personal development.

u have said it all, pastors today have extramarrital affaairs and claim to be holier.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by osaxx: 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
1.CATHOLIC IS NOT AND NEVER A CHURCH
2.CATHOLIC IS VERY OCCULTIC
3.CATHOLICS DONT PRAY
4.ALL RITUALIST IN FESTAC TOWN ATTENDS CATHOLIC,BECAUSE THEY ARE HIGHLY WELCOMED
5.MANY CATHOLICS ATTEND MY CHURCH, WHEN THEY COME BACK FROM MORNING MASS IN CATHOLIC
6.PRACTISING SOMETHING FOR 1MILLIONS YEARS DOESN'T MEAN ITS RIGHT
7.THEY DRINK ALCOHOL IN CATHOLIC DURING BAZAAR/HARVEST
8.CATHOLICS ARE SAME AS MUSLIMS THAT IS WHY BOKO HARAM PREFER THEM
9.BOKO HARAM ATTACKS ON PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES USUALLY FAILS, BUT SUCCEED IN CATHOLIC....WHY?

DONT BLAME THE WISE CATHOLIC YOUTHS....TIMES HAVE CHANGED..NO MORE PAPA SAYS..I MUST GO TO THIER SOCIETY
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
osaxx: 1.CATHOLIC IS NOT AND NEVER A CHURCH
3.CATHOLICS DONT PRAY
4.ALL RITUALIST IN FESTAC TOWN ATTENDS CATHOLIC,BECAUSE THEY ARE HIGHLY WELCOMED
5.MANY CATHOLICS ATTEND MY CHURCH, WHEN THEY COME BACK FROM MORNING MASS IN CATHOLIC

You mean the same ritualists in your No. 5 and cultists in No. 2 are "highly welcomed" in your "church" just like in your No. 4?

osaxx: 6.PRACTISING SOMETHING FOR 1MILLIONS YEARS DOESN'T MEAN ITS RIGHT
9.BOKO HARAM ATTACKS ON PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES USUALLY FAILS, BUT SUCCEED IN CATHOLIC....WHY?

You mean Boko Haram like to bomb Catholic Churches because they are both the same?

Have you seen how sensible your post is?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Rich4god(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2012
3.CATHOLICS DONT PRAY

DONT BLAME THE WISE CATHOLIC YOUTHS....TIMES HAVE CHANGED..NO MORE PAPA SAYS..I MUST GO TO THIER SOCIETY
ROTFLOL... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Some people are so so ....
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by chidyke77(m): 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
3.CATHOLICS DONT PRAY

i wanted to reply u concerning d boko haram issue u mentioned bt decided to keep mute, bcus ur post just exposed ur level of reasoning and age.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ekwueme Song By Prospa Ochimana (lyrics) / Anita Oyakhilome Finally Reveals Why She Did Not Attend Her Daughter's Wedding / A Sierra Leonian Came Back From Hell With A Message For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.