Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,658 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered (17812 Views)

Late Mr. James Ocholi And His Family Were Murdered Says FRSC Boss / Ezu River Victims Were Murdered - Autopsy Report / British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by drossy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2012
post colonial times, the brits have a had a very terrible record in africa, some were even captured by ethnic militia in libya!!, i even have more confidence in our army than them with respect to hostage smash and grab!, they have a decent record within nigeria with very few losses. cameron wanted to make a political point. didnt credit our SSS for the intel as the location was discovered from one of the captured BK men they tailed for weeks. the guy think say him na obama. sadly pple paid for it!!

i saw the power of the media after this, the british version diff from other sources with theSSS spokes person delibrately keeping mute and giving their own version from back sources!!
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by blacksta(m): 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2012
mekaboy:

WHAT HAPPENED TO PARTS WHERE THEY WALK IN SILENTLY , USE SILENCER GUNS, CATCH A GUARD AND TWIST HIS NECK AND NOBODY WILL KNOW THEY CAME .

LOL

ol boy film world is different from reality - it is not that easy to twist neck
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by executinal(m): 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2012
This is becoming more intersting. . . . . . .
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by aglomar: 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2012
So bad! RIP
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2012
The gist going round diplomatic circles indicate that the Nigerian soldiers opened fire on the building from four angles in an operation that lasted 7 hours and suddenly became deaf to the tactical command of the British special forces in the helicopter that was to drop in them in. How do you rescue people in a building and riddle it with bullets the way they did. The victims were killed by the ill trained Nigerian soldiers and that is why Italy is angry. Diplomacy forbids them from saying it because Nigerian authorities might not cooperate in future.

It is understood that GEJ insisted on using Nigerian troops for the operation because he feared the backlash if foreign troops were to carry out the operation on their own successfully and make a mockery of our forces. Next time, be sure to see an operation like the one carried out on Bin Laden.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by Reference(m): 1:11pm On Mar 10, 2012
Its so easy to criticize but without knowing the full circumstance it is better to temper it afterall Seal team six that got Bin Laden lost a lot of men in an Afghanistan incident a few months later. What do you say about that. In a covert operation several factors need to align properly for it to succeed and more often than not they don't. A planned silent assault can easily turn into a ferocious ambush and this incident looks exactly like that. The only reason why weapons will be used at long range is to counter in coming fire. I suspect the operation was compromised. With the way suspects jump arrest, it is not unimaginable our security services are as solid as swiss cheese. Am afraid in the future these foreign forces may just conduct operations on our turf just as they do in Pakistan for the very same reasons.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by Reference(m): 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2012
1stCitizen:

The gist going round diplomatic circles indicate that the Nigerian soldiers opened fire on the building from four angles in an operation that lasted 7 hours and suddenly became deaf to the tactical command of the British special forces in the helicopter that was to drop in them in. How do you rescue people in a building and riddle it with bullets the way they did. The victims were killed by the ill trained Nigerian soldiers and that is why Italy is angry. Diplomacy forbids them from saying it because Nigerian authorities might not cooperate in future.

It is understood that GEJ insisted on using Nigerian troops for the operation because he feared the backlash if foreign troops were to carry out the operation on their own successfully and make a mockery of our forces. Next time, be sure to see an operation like the one carried out on Bin Laden.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by werepeLeri: 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2012
1stCitizen:

Lier. Stop spamming the whole of Nairaland with this lie.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by moshoodn(m): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2012
mekaboy:

ISNT IT BETTER THAT ITS THE BRITISH TROOPS THAT WENT WITH NIGERIAN TROOPS, IF IT WAS NIGERIAN TROOPS ALONE WHO WENT AND FAILED, DO YOU KNOW HOW THE WORLD AND BRITAIN WILL SEE US LIKE FAILURES AND INCOMPETENT .

BUT, THEY HAVE COME TO NIGERIA AND SEEN THAT NIGERIA IS TOUGHER THAN THEY THOUGHT, THESE ABOKI TERRORIST DONT KNOW WHAT IS INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS. THEY SEE HUMAN BEINGS AS COW.

WITH ALL THESE BULLETS ON THE WALL , WHY WONT THE HOSTAGES DIE ? DID THEY JUST GET THERE AND START SHOOTING ANYHOW ? SO WHAT THEY ACT IN THE MOVIE IS FILM TRICK  grin grin grin

WHAT HAPPENED TO PARTS WHERE THEY WALK IN SILENTLY , USE SILENCER GUNS, CATCH A GUARD AND TWIST HIS NECK AND NOBODY WILL KNOW THEY CAME .

150 percent true talk.
that means many of those stealth stunts they proclaim in movies are 150 percent bulls!!!!!
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by moshoodn(m): 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2012
1stCitizen:

so many versions of this news.
so many make-believe.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by velo10: 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2012
Too many bullet holes on the walls. Tell-tales of crazy sporadic shots. I'm not a military pro but this doesn't sound professional at all. No wonder the hostages died. May their souls RIP
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2012
1stCitizen:

I believe this. When I first heard of the operation and it's aftermath, my first instinct was that it must have failed because Nigeiran forces participated in it. If the British needed help, the ONLY help Nigeria should/could have rendered was local intelligence, logistics, and whatnot. The actual operation would have been too complicated, delicate, and 'mentally tasking' for the average dumb kill-and-go Nigerian security forces. I don't care to know the details, but what I do know is that if Nigerian forces had participated in such a delicate rescue effort, then the chance of success was always going to be close to ZERO. They only know how to destroy and kill (crudely), not how to salvage or save (adroitly).
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by lond07: 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2012
werepeLeri:

Please tell us the truth
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by lond07: 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2012
pro01:

I believe this. When I first heard of the operation and it's aftermath, my first instinct was that it must have failed because Nigeiran forces participated in it. If the British needed help, the ONLY help Nigeria should/could have rendered was local intelligence, logistics, and whatnot. The actual operation would have been too complicated, delicate, and 'mentally tasking' for the average dumb kill-and-go Nigerian security forces. I don't care to know the details, but what I do know is that if Nigerian forces had participated in such a delicate rescue effort, then the chance of success was always going to be close to ZERO. They only know how to destroy and kill (crudely), not how to salvage or save (adroitly).

I think this is where you got it wrong. (The bolded part above). Get the details right before jumping to conclusion.

Besides. not all soldiers are "dumb kill-and-go Nigerian security forces". Many can be very professional on their duties and the respective commanders/authorities for this operation would have carefully selected who & who would be part of it knowing fully well that a failed operation would be very costly. The British would also have assessed the staffing, chances of success, costs of failures before giving a consent.

So for me, I keep my fingers crossed, not judgemental until I have the details
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by lond07: 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2012
Reference:

Its so easy to criticize but without knowing the full circumstance it is better to temper it afterall Seal team six that got Bin Laden lost a lot of men in an Afghanistan incident a few months later. What do you say about that. In a covert operation several factors need to align properly for it to succeed and more often than not they don't. A planned silent assault can easily turn into a ferocious ambush and this incident looks exactly like that. The only reason why weapons will be used at long range is to counter in coming fire. I suspect the operation was compromised. With the way suspects jump arrest, it is not unimaginable our security services are as solid as swiss cheese. Am afraid in the future these foreign forces may just conduct operations on our turf just as they do in Pakistan for the very same reasons.

I was impressed with your comment. Very objective. But let's keep positive there was no compromise until there is more details.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by queensmith: 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2012
1stCitizen:

I do not believe this for 10seconds, this is made up hogwash, if it was purely the fault of Nigerian soldiers not heeding to command the British press will have caught wind the moment it happened!
The Bin Laden incident is obvious, there was no Bin laden and that is that. I don't want to be a contributor of conspiracies but I find it easier to believe than a random attack randomly happening in a random area with nobody knowing anything, Even the americans can never be that smooth.

This isn't the first instance of a botched rescue operation in Nigeria. I don't see how such a mission can go pleasantly, better to negotiate with them get them into safe custody THEN open fire like a crazed maniac. Makes more sense than running around all guns blazing with no information as to whether the hostages are safe.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by justwise(m): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2012
queensmith:

I do not believe this for 10seconds, this is made up hogwash, if it was purely the fault of Nigerian soldiers not heeding to command the British press will have caught wind the moment it happened!
The Bin Laden incident is obvious, there was no Bin laden and that is that. I don't want to be a contributor of conspiracies but I find it easier to believe than a random attack randomly happening in a random area with nobody knowing anything, Even the americans can never be that smooth.

This isn't the first instance of a botched rescue operation in Nigeria. I don't see how such a mission can go pleasantly, better to negotiate with them get them into safe custody THEN open fire like a crazed maniac. Makes more sense than running around all guns blazing with no information as to whether the hostages are safe.

Who do we believe? You or his Al Qaeda members who moaned his death and appointed a successor?
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2012
^

Seems you have a flair for asking all the right questions.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by queensmith: 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2012
^^ Please that is no no more evidence of his death more than the random claims of his execution. I don't believe it, I will believe it when I see it and someone trustworthy verifies it. Everything about that execution was dodgy. It is not not the matter at discussion anyway, I simply mentioned it to point out the comparison being made is with a situation that actually happened, as opposed to a fictitious one with which everyone has taken Obamas word as hard evidence.

Why are people soo easy? It doesn't hurt to ask questions sometimes.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by justwise(m): 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2012
queensmith:

^^ Please that is no no more evidence of his death more than the random claims of his execution. I don't believe it, I will believe it when I see it and someone trustworthy verifies it. Everything about that execution was dodgy. It is not not the matter at discussion anyway, I simply mentioned it to point out the comparison being made is with a situation that actually happened, as opposed to a fictitious one with which everyone has taken Obamas word as hard evidence.

Why are people soo easy? It doesn't hurt to ask questions sometimes.

Its strange that Pakistanis and Al Qaeda militants have accepted that Bin Laden was killed by Americans, his wives are facing trial now and his house has been demolished while you believe that Bin Laden is probably still alive. You must know what Pakistani govt and Al Qaeda doesn't know.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by justwise(m): 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2012
pro01:

^

Seems you have a flair for asking all the right questions.

Well. . .it will be interesting to get definite answer from her. . but i'm not holding my breath on that.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by Limaoscar: 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2012
THEY SHOULD HAVE CONSULTED THE US MARINES. NO ONE ELSE DOES IT BETTER.

Navy Seal does it "Berra"
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 10, 2012
werepeLeri:

Even a fool who sees the pics of the building can tell what happened. Does that tell you it a covert operation or it was an "anything that moves dies" kind of operation? I guess you are less than one.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by hamsky: 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2012
As an officer Cadet in the British army who has engaged in so many section attacks and FIBUA (fighting in built up areas) excercises what I understand looking these pictures is that the operation was poorly excuted for these reasons: the amount of of bullet holes on the building makes it look like an exexcution mission and not a rescue mission, burning tyres thrown into the compound of the building to set the house ablaze (cited by an eye witness) and the time the operation lasted for (9:00am to 7:00pm) which gives the enemy time to consider their worst course of action to kill the hostages.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 10, 2012
^^^ You would also notice that the bullet holes seem to come from outside and no bullet holes from the inner walls. Reminds me of Adekunle
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 10, 2012
Mr Cameron's spokesman said it was a Nigerian-led operation, with UK support involving the UK's elite Special Boat Service. BBC reporter Haruna Shehu Tangaza, in Sokoto, described several hours of heavy fighting where the men were being held.

The house where the men were being held had been under surveillance for some time.

Mr Cameron and Mr Jonathan said they believed the kidnappers had killed Mr McManus and Mr Lamolinara.

But an unnamed official from the Nigerian state security service quoted in local reports said the hostages had died in crossfire.

Source: BBC news
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by azpekuliar: 7:44am On Mar 11, 2012
THEY SHOULD HAVE CONSULTED THE US MARINES. NO ONE ELSE DOES IT BETTER.

Its the Navy SEALs bro.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by marcus1234: 8:17am On Mar 11, 2012
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by gulfer: 8:40am On Mar 11, 2012
Don't know the time this OP was carried out but ideally should have been done at night using the cover of darkness and surprise. SSS and the M16 need to tell us how long they planned the operation and its classical failure. RIP to the two guys killed by this blunder.
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by Detongue: 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2012
D americans re expert in rescue operations not dis inpatient british ppl, mostly wen it involves d black man
Re: Photos: The House Where The British And Italian Hostages Were Murdered by Damoche10: 11:13am On Mar 12, 2012
NA wa oooo...What in Gods name were they thinking of? I am sure it is the Nigerian part of the collabo that opened fire out of Fright!!!! Na wa oooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, APC Reps’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock. / Heavy Deployment Of Army to Anambra Is Meant To Reassure Voters – IGP / Immigration Unveils Online Passport Application Portal Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.