Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,266 members, 7,846,252 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos (6407 Views)

$2.1bn Arms Cash: Ex-minister Flees Over Osun, Ekiti Polls / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Dino Melaye Beats Smart Adeyemi To Kogi West Senatorial Seat - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Isaactop9(m): 1:42am On Jun 16, 2012
samkoro:

Is Ijebu 100% or 30% yoruba?Is Ilaje 100% or 40% yoruba?Is Awori 100% or 48% yoruba.U tried ur best to be objective but u failed cos its not in ur nature and culture.If there is one thing an Igbo man understands very well,it is that subtle ways of pretence and setting fire on other peoples homes,it is an extension of that inherent quarelsome and talkative nature.I always say it that Yorubas are self absorbed and self centered.They don't respect anything that is not theirs,they hardly learn other languages except yoruba,they hardly travel the country except the ones from kwara or kogi who go north.

Did u think at all b4 saying this:Igbos should not claim Igbos no matter their Igboness,that means even when its 100%.All I can see is a bigot promising to help fight smaller bigots.

The social problem between yoruba and Igbo stems from the followqing
1)Igbo culture and some other neighbouring ethnic groups like TIV,Ijaw,Efic,ibibio exalts straightforwardness- ability to say the truth to elders and kinsmen openly without fear or favour,but this is found wanting in your culture,thus the overall impression that u are not straight forward.

2)Igbos understand yoruba and their ways and culture very well because Igbos are always the ones that initiate friendship,they are out going.For instance in my youth service days,Igbos are the ones to make friends with every body irrespective of ethnicity while the yorubas would hardly move with anybody not of their ethnicity or cannot speak gbati.They just move in groups.The larger picture of this is what goes on in the country.

3)The Yorubas don't understand the Igbos cos they are not interested.I believe its not totaly their falt cos its biological.Let me tell a revealing story.

There is this Young man I meet while buying a part for my car here in Lagos.Initialy I thought was Igbo
Cos he speaks Igbo perfectly.I mean perfectly,oh my God!! Although with a very negligible accent but men,he speaks so well that ull never think he is 100% yoruba.The amazing thing is that he has never set foot on Igboland before.He learnt it here in Lagos.On interacting with him,he told me that knowing the Igbo language opened him up to a whole new world of understanding of Igbo people and their ways and culture.He hears what Igbos discuss in secrete and open and knows their hearts and feelings.He realized that Igbos are the most detribalized,free minded ,objectve and business minded poeple that realy wants free,just and progressive society.This man despises his certain things his ethnic stock does especially when they harass his customers for packing..He just wished the yorubas could break that barrier of ethnic bigotry.

The young man is doing well around there.I patronise him lot.Infact he is incharge of my vehicle part needs.

O M G see wat my view has always being, rather than luking for smaller ethnic groups to claim. Freedom to interact with non yoruboids is wat i find lacking in dat tribe. Its not our making dat we are one entity called 9jaria. Since God has made us lyk dat why dont we think beyond tribalism and think of making 9jaria a better place.wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by aljharem(m): 1:42am On Jun 16, 2012
samkoro:

Is Ijebu 100% or 30% yoruba?Is Ilaje 100% or 40% yoruba?Is Awori 100% or 48% yoruba.U tried ur best to be objective but u failed cos its not in ur nature and culture.If there is one thing an Igbo man understands very well,it is that subtle ways of pretence and setting fire on other peoples homes,it is an extension of that inherent quarelsome and talkative nature.I always say it that Yorubas are self absorbed and self centered.They don't respect anything that is not theirs,they hardly learn other languages except yoruba,they hardly travel the country except the ones from kwara or kogi who go north.

Did u think at all b4 saying this:Igbos should not claim Igbos no matter their Igboness,that means even when its 100%.All I can see is a bigot promising to help fight smaller bigots.

1)Igbo culture and some other neighbouring ethnic groups like TIV,Ijaw,Efic,ibibio exalts straightforwardness- ability to say the truth to elders and kinsmen openly without fear or favour,but this is found wanting in your culture,thus the overall impression that u are not straight forward.

2)Igbos understand yoruba and their ways and culture very well because Igbos are always the ones that initiate friendship,they are out going.For instance in my youth service days,Igbos are the ones to make friends with every body irrespective of ethnicity while the yorubas would hardly move with anybody not of their ethnicity or cannot speak gbati.They just move in groups.The larger picture of this is what goes on in the country.

3)The Yorubas don't understand the Igbos cos they are not interested.I believe its not totaly their falt cos its biological.Let me tell a revealing story.

There is this Young man I meet while buying a part for my car here in Lagos.Initialy I thought was Igbo
Cos he speaks Igbo perfectly.I mean perfectly,oh my God!! Although with a very negligible accent but men,he speaks so well that ull never think he is 100% yoruba.The amazing thing is that he has never set foot on Igboland before.He learnt it here in Lagos.On interacting with him,he told me that knowing the Igbo language opened him up to a whole new world of understanding of Igbo people and their ways and culture.He hears what Igbos discuss in secrete and open and knows their hearts and feelings.He realized that Igbos are the most detribalized,free minded ,objectve and business minded poeple that realy wants free,just and progressive society.This man despises his certain things his ethnic stock does especially when they harass his customers for packing..He just wished the yorubas could break that barrier of ethnic bigotry.

The young man is doing well around there.I patronise him lot.Infact he is incharge of my vehicle part needs.

Tribalism is indeed killing this country. When you are talking now, you said you met a yoruba man speaking Igbo to you in Lagos; what does that tell you ? We yorubas could careless of your ethnicity or language. I am Yoruba as well and I probably know more about Igbo culture or custom than YOU !!!.

You fail to realise that unlike many other ethnic groups in the country, it is only this yorubas that would speak a foriegn language in there states Yet you all still complain when they finally muster the courage to speak their own native language or interact with other yorubas.

The largest ethnic group after the yorubas in the SW region are the Igbo, 2 out of 20 commissioners in Lagos are Igbos. What else do you want. Do you want us to lose our culture all in the name that we are serving Igbos ? Certainly not !!!

Lets be objective here, I am yoruba and I understand and speak Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, and a bit of Ijaw and Ibibio. I have never been to calabar but I speak Ibibio alone side with other Ibibios in Lagos. Am I still a tribalist ?

I eat any food from any ethnic group and friends with people from very different ethnicity, yet you all still call Yorubas tribalistic

I ask, how many none indigenes do people in the east rent houses or sell houses to ? A friend of a friend of mine was narrating how he is doing is NYSC in Enugu and could not get a house to live in just cause he is Yoruba. According to him, he said I quote " The landlord spoke Igbo to him and he did not understand so he replied in english asking if he could rent a house, The landlord then looked at him and gave him a ridiculous price so he could get out, He licked his wounds and walked out"

Till date he has not found a house to live in just cause he is not Igbo.

You as well you called Yoruba language gbati language yet you accuse yorubas of not mixing up ?

The largest ethnic group in the north after hausas/fulani and kanuris are the yorubas, these same people and hausa rarely fight in the north because they know how to blend in.

My brother, take out the log from your eyes before you do the same for others, you are very biased. Igbo tribalism is legendary from the banking sector to nollywood. You can not say Yorubas don't mix up just cause they don't like to go to the South-east. That is myopic !!!

Yorubas just like Hausas know what they are going through in this country in the name of tribalism. I cannot go my Igbo brother in Anambra without him calling him Aboki (because of the muslim dressing) or Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by aljharem(m): 1:48am On Jun 16, 2012
As a yoruba man if I speak my language even in Lagos or Ogun state, Igbos would label me as a tribalist ? It makes no sense but Igbos can speak the language they want both in there home state and in Western state ? That is the most biased view ever.

There is no point in pushing this thing because my ability not communicate with others in there language HAS NOT DERTERDED ME from speaking my language when I get to my home state. I have never been in Ibibio land but speak basic ibibio.

I speak Igbo very well even though they think I can't understand there language and insult in it. I just pretend that I don't understand to show how hypocritical they are.

I am sorry, but if that is what is hurting the rest of the country. Tough luck, you can always go back to your villages. When we come to your land, teach us your language. I hope I have made myself clear !!!!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Nobody: 5:19am On Jun 16, 2012
samkoro:

this is an excellent post.I agree with you 100 percent.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by BlackPikiN(m): 7:32am On Jun 16, 2012
alj harem:

Tribalism is indeed killing this country. When you are talking now, you said you met a yoruba man speaking Igbo to you in Lagos; what does that tell you ? We yorubas could careless of your ethnicity or language. I am Yoruba as well and I probably know more about Igbo culture or custom than YOU !!!.

You fail to realise that unlike many other ethnic groups in the country, it is only this yorubas that would speak a foriegn language in there states Yet you all still complain when they finally muster the courage to speak their own native language or interact with other yorubas.

The largest ethnic group after the yorubas in the SW region are the Igbo, 2 out of 20 commissioners in Lagos are Igbos. What else do you want. Do you want us to lose our culture all in the name that we are serving Igbos ? Certainly not !!!

Lets be objective here, I am yoruba and I understand and speak Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, and a bit of Ijaw and Ibibio. I have never been to calabar but I speak Ibibio alone side with other Ibibios in Lagos. Am I still a tribalist ?

I eat any food from any ethnic group and friends with people from very different ethnicity, yet you all still call Yorubas tribalistic

I ask, how many none indigenes do people in the east rent houses or sell houses to ? [size=25pt]A friend of a friend of mine was narrating how he is doing is NYSC in Enugu and could not get a house to live in just cause he is Yoruba.[/size] According to him, he said I quote " The landlord spoke Igbo to him and he did not understand so he replied in english asking if he could rent a house, The landlord then looked at him and gave him a ridiculous price so he could get out, He licked his wounds and walked out"

You as well you called Yoruba language gbati language yet you accuse yorubas of not mixing up ?

The largest ethnic group in the north after hausas/fulani and kanuris are the yorubas, these same people and hausa rarely fight in the north because they know how to blend in.

My brother, take out the log from your eyes before you do the same for others, you are very biased. Igbo tribalism is legendary from the banking sector to nollywood. You can not say Yorubas don't mix up just cause they don't like to go to the South-east. That is myopic !!!

Yorubas just like Hausas know what they are going through in this country in the name of tribalism. I cannot go my Igbo brother in Anambra without him calling him Aboki (because of the muslim dressing) or Yoruba.

You are a liar!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by samkoro: 10:44am On Jun 16, 2012
alj harem:

I ask, how many none indigenes do people in the east rent houses or sell houses to ? A friend of a friend of mine was narrating how he is doing is NYSC in Enugu and could not get a house to live in just cause he is Yoruba. According to him, he said I quote " The landlord spoke Igbo to him and he did not understand so he replied in english asking if he could rent a house, The landlord then looked at him and gave him a ridiculous price so he could get out, He licked his wounds and walked out"

Why I said Igbos understand yoruba subtle ways is part of what ur doing now;trying to curry favour from housa;mentioning your master all in a bid to fight Igbo.Is there any group ethnic gruop called housa-Yoruba? All Iv known is housa-fulani.Listen if want us to compete for housa favour,we know how to do that better?ok Cos if you betray today,we'll patiently wait for our turn to revenge,and that's it.

Besides kwara and arguably Kogi,Igbos are the largest non indigenes in all states in Nigeria.This is the truth for Gods sake!!!Ask any northerner

The Young yoruba Igbo speaker is the only one Iv encountered in my lifetime and could be the only one in the entire yoruba population,So don't use him as a general case and claim his glory.He personaly told me he despises a lot of things his folks do out of ignorance and bigotry.In humour yoruba friend had told me that his his people are tribalistic.For Gods sake,this has become an axiom;it does need proof again.
About the NYSC guy that went to Enugu for the first time.Yes,that could be true,because the land lord may have a relative in Lagos who must have told him his horrible experiences in Lagos as regards searching for accommodation,omo oniles,area buys in market,OPC(some Igbos joined OPC because of several reported cases of stranded Igbo businessmen killed and labelled theives,,it took time for Igbos to discover what was happening ) .Those in the east ar current with what happens here.Igbos were able to overcome accommodation problems in lagos when they started building residential houses and accommodating stranded Igbos.Before it takes only a good christian yoruba landlord to give accommodation to Igbo because poblem starts when Yoruba landlord arbitrarily jacks up rents to very high levels he won't do if the tenant is yoruba.

You see how ethnicity go round and round.Everybody is guilty in one way or the other but yoruba is the most guilty.They started ,laid the foundation and built the structure of tribalism;and still practice it to date.They call the practice SOPHISTICATION.Instead of taking the lead to kill tribalism look at what sophistication has done to Nigeria .The one politician that has been making efforts to fight ethnicity thru peace Conference is ROCHAS.That conference was held in 2001.That reminds me that Yoruba philantropists do not extend their one naira to the east.

On language,who will teach us in the east? Since ur running away from the east for fear of reminding Igbos there of Awos and Adenkunles Biafra genocide but Ironicaly its not like that.Strangers are valued and protected so much in Igbo culture.People that serve there wish to settle there if they get a livelyhood there.In my place,people like hanging out with strangers out of love,curiosity,new experience and desire to learn.They may even give you a tittle if you do the right thing.

On refusal to sell land.Its pure falacy.It defile all known rules about Igbo behaviour.If u want to buy land in developing towns ,just carry a sign post with bold inscription YORUBA and a micophone announcing u are YORUBA looking for land to buy.If you have the MONEY you will buy every land for sale and non will remain.Just try it.

East is the only place an motor park tout will treat u with courtesy.That attitude to strangers is what-by default,restrains us from reprisal attacks.Its also the reason why we reach out to people,initiate friendship cos we expect others to do likewise.

On language also,Yorubas get nervous,insecure and uncomfortable when one speaks Igbo with a fellow Igbo in there midst.This attitude puzzles and pisses me off.I don't know the reason why.If you are in their midst they will speak and exclude u in the discussion as if u don't exist.We don't complain about that,but why I'm mentioning this is because Igbos will switch to english for u to be part of the discussio,have a sense of belonging and contribute to it.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by 740megawatts: 11:55am On Jun 16, 2012
samkoro:
East is the only place an motor park tout will treat u with courtesy.That attitude to strangers is what-by default,restrains us from reprisal attacks.Its also the reason why we reach out to people,initiate friendship cos we expect others to do likewise.

Mr Samkoro, with all due respect, I totally disagree with this above point. I am totally against this "all- saint" propanganda which Igbos like you propagate on this forum. I did my NYSC in Enugu and I can tell you that I've had my own fair share of motor park touts' and drivers' shenanigan. You may not want to agree with me, but what you wrote above is a fallacy. Have you interacted with ALL the motor park touts in the East? How then do you come to such a conclusion of hasty generalization? If you are from a part of the East, I think you should limit your "assumption" to that area. May I add that Lagos appears to be the only place where we tend to have high cases of unruly motor park touts. Have you interacted with motor park touts in Akure, Abeokuta, Osogbo, Ado-Ekiti or even any other parts of Nigeria to believe they won't treat you with courtesy?

samkoro:
On language also,Yorubas get nervous,insecure and uncomfortable when one speaks Igbo with a fellow Igbo in there midst.This attitude puzzles and pisses me off.I don't know the reason why.If you are in their midst they will speak and exclude u in the discussion as if u don't exist.We don't complain about that,but why I'm mentioning this is because Igbos will switch to english for u to be part of the discussio,have a sense of belonging and contribute to it.

This is another fallacy of yours. Again, during my service year in Enugu at a specified village in a local government close to Ninth Mile, I was warned by a villager NEVER to speak Yoruba to another NYSC colleague of mine. Why would a mere villager be scared and uncomfortable of two unarmed, friendly non-indigenes Youth Corpers discussing in their tribal language if not for the same attitude you accused Yorubas of above? You see, the problem with most of you Igbos on this forum is your steep and habitual hatred for Yorubas. Right there in that Igbo village, a good Igbo friend of us called us Yoruba. Infact, whenever he called us Yoruba, we laughed it off not knowing it was a derogatory and wicked word used to describe Yorubas. Infact, space will not permit me to list some of my experiences in the East. By the way, I'm not a tribalist but a concerned Westerner who is tired of these unfettered and provocative utterances of Igbos on Nairaland. If all Yorubas should start replying you based on their personal experiences in the East, I'm sure you won't like it. My take on this is that you guys should try balancing your tribalist views against OFEMMANUs like us or else, we will continue to spill out our nauseating experiences in the east. Ezi Okwu!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 16, 2012
samkoro:

Why I said Igbos understand yoruba subtle ways is part of what ur doing now;trying to curry favour from housa;mentioning your master all in a bid to fight Igbo.Is there any group ethnic gruop called housa-Yoruba? All Iv known is housa-fulani.Listen if want us to compete for housa favour,we know how to do that better?ok Cos if you betray today,we'll patiently wait for our turn to revenge,and that's it.

Besides kwara and arguably Kogi,Igbos are the largest non indigenes in all states in Nigeria.This is the truth for Gods sake!!!Ask any northerner

The Young yoruba Igbo speaker is the only one Iv encountered in my lifetime and could be the only one in the entire yoruba population,So don't use him as a general case and claim his glory.He personaly told me he despises a lot of things his folks do out of ignorance and bigotry.In humour yoruba friend had told me that his his people are tribalistic.For Gods sake,this has become an axiom;it does need proof again.
About the NYSC guy that went to Enugu for the first time.Yes,that could be true,because the land lord may have a relative in Lagos who must have told him his horrible experiences in Lagos as regards searching for accommodation,omo oniles,area buys in market,OPC(some Igbos joined OPC because of several reported cases of stranded Igbo businessmen killed and labelled theives,,it took time for Igbos to discover what was happening ) .Those in the east ar current with what happens here.Igbos were able to overcome accommodation problems in lagos when they started building residential houses and accommodating stranded Igbos.Before it takes only a good christian yoruba landlord to give accommodation to Igbo because poblem starts when Yoruba landlord arbitrarily jacks up rents to very high levels he won't do if the tenant is yoruba.

You see how ethnicity go round and round.Everybody is guilty in one way or the other but yoruba is the most guilty.They started ,laid the foundation and built the structure of tribalism;and still practice it to date.They call the practice SOPHISTICATION.Instead of taking the lead to kill tribalism look at what sophistication has done to Nigeria .The one politician that has been making efforts to fight ethnicity thru peace Conference is ROCHAS.That conference was held in 2001.That reminds me that Yoruba philantropists do not extend their one naira to the east.

On language,who will teach us in the east? Since ur running away from the east for fear of reminding Igbos there of Awos and Adenkunles Biafra genocide but Ironicaly its not like that.Strangers are valued and protected so much in Igbo culture.People that serve there wish to settle there if they get a livelyhood there.In my place,people like hanging out with strangers out of love,curiosity,new experience and desire to learn.They may even give you a tittle if you do the right thing.

On refusal to sell land.Its pure falacy.It defile all known rules about Igbo behaviour.If u want to buy land in developing towns ,just carry a sign post with bold inscription YORUBA and a micophone announcing u are YORUBA looking for land to buy.If you have the MONEY you will buy every land for sale and non will remain.Just try it.

SAM OKORO

I understand where you are coming from and going to. . .
Listen. . .to be frank with you, you have allowed your emotions to overrule common sense. if you slow down a bit and treat this issue objectively, you would make better sense.

there are over are as much yoruba as the grains of rice in a full bowl who know and speak igbo language more effectively than you can ever do in your lifetime.
it is a very weak and timid arguement. this is not a country where the possibilities of mixing with other culture is minimal even if you dont want to mix.

yorubas move in and out of the land everyday. . .they spread and learn. . .those who are from ogbomosho would tell you half of their population are in the north. those who are from ejigbo would tell you a vast number of their people are in cotedivoire and the east.

as it appears, you dont know anything about yoruba or the present trend of tribal interrelationship in the country so i'll advice you just sit, learn and gain experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by samkoro: 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2012
is another fallacy of yours. Again, during my service year in Enugu at a specified village in a local government close to Ninth Mile, I was warned by a villager NEVER to speak Yoruba to another NYSC colleague of mine. Why would a mere villager be scared and uncomfortable of two unarmed, friendly non-indigenes Youth Corpers discussing in their tribal language if not for the same attitude you accused Yorubas of above? You see, the problem with most of you Igbos on this forum is your steep and habitual hatred for Yorubas. Right there in that Igbo village, a good Igbo friend of us called us Yoruba. Infact, whenever he called us Yoruba, we laughed it off not knowing it was a derogatory and wicked word used to describe Yorubas. Infact, space will not permit me to list some of my experiences in the East. By the way, I'm not a tribalist but a concerned Westerner who is tired of these unfettered and provocative utterances of Igbos on Nairaland. If all Yorubas should start replying you based on their personal experiences in the East, I'm sure you won't like it. My take on this is that you guys should try balancing your tribalist views against OFEMMANUs like us or else, we will continue to spill out our nauseating experiences in the east. Ezi Okwu!!![/quote]

@740 meggawatts
About the tout thing,you may be right to a considerable extent.

About a villager warning you?That is ridiculous.A villager that has no business with u telling you not to talk to your brother? Mannn! This does not add up at all.No true Igbo man would do that.The worst an Igbo man can do is to tell u to speak in a language he will understand if he is part of the discussion.A third comming to warn u?that's pure lie.I repeat,pure lie.Igbo villagers are the villager who will descend on any body that bullies a stranger.See u guys don't travel.A typical yoruba can spend his lifetime in a local government area,not to talk about a state or region,before Nigeria.Now besides a region in London,tell me where else in the world you travel or migrate to.My references are the educated yorubas but ur telling me abt villagers
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2012
Yeske!:
Kwara ke? Una wan yawa with Fulani, na una problem anyway.

Kwara will belong to the Great common wealth of yoruba (CWY). Forget about yawa.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by 740megawatts: 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2012
samkoro:
About the tout thing,you may be right to a considerable extent.

About a villager warning you?That is ridiculous.A villager that has no business with u telling you not to talk to your brother? Mannn! This does not add up at all.No true Igbo man would do that.The worst an Igbo man can do is to tell u to speak in a language he will understand if he is part of the discussion.A third comming to warn u?that's pure lie.I repeat,pure lie.Igbo villagers are the villager who will descend on any body that bullies a stranger.See u guys don't travel.A typical yoruba can spend his lifetime in a local government area,not to talk about a state or region,before Nigeria.Now besides a region in London,tell me where else in the world you travel or migrate to.My references are the educated yorubas but ur telling me abt villagers

Oga Samkoro, so you think I would come here on this platform as educated as I am to start peddling lies about an event that happened to me? Anyway, I don't want us to start concatenated arguments on what was or what is. I believe an educated person like you shouldn't argue based on hasty generalization. Again, you have come here to argue that Yorubas don't travel, another generalized assumption. I'm not even in Nigeria at the moment and there are lots of Yoruba folks where I am, though, I'll admit that Igbo folks have a larger population in my resident country. So, which statistics do you have to back that up? Well, all I have to say is that you guys should stop propagating tribal hatred on this forum. I also hope my Yoruba brothers on this forum are decent enough to be civilised in their comments.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
^^^^ rubbish and thats the truth!!

nothing change whatsoever

una offemmanu are very tribal and thats the way it is

whether u agree or not;

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by CyberG: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2012
Dede1:

Negro, please remove Kwara State and West of Kogi State from your daydream of commonwealth nation. Dr. Junaid Mohammed had publicly claimed them for the Islamic Republic and I know your peeps can not fight. I really want disintegration of Nigeria in order to see if you can fight the way your mouth runs. grin grin grin

You are still so bitter from the major and total loss of the civil war but it is obvious you are suffering from amnesia. The people who were the commanders of army units, who beat you silly in your ill-conceived war and to whom Effiong surrendered biafra to cannot fight? Well Hitler too was bitter at the loss of WW 1 and when his madness took him to start WW 2, his useless pride was totally destroyed, Berlin razed and bombed to the ground and their women became forced sex slaves, fathers and sons killed and imprisoned!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 2:06pm On Jun 16, 2012
and ^^^^
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by 740megawatts: 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^^ rubbish and thats the truth!!

nothing change whatsoever

una offemmanu are very tribal and thats the way it is

whether u agree or not;

Mr Ikeyman00, I can see you are a die-hard and unrepentant tribalist like many of your contemporaries on this forum. I hope it makes you feel better when you sleep and wake up daily. Cheers, man. By the way, I heard that being a good tribalist gives one longevity and good health. Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
Let the yoruba commonwealth discussion/conference of SW states continue;regional integration is not a bad idea.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by babapupa: 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2012
samkoro:

You are unfortunately guilty of the same rubbish you are hanging on other people. Please stop the insanity.

You people can not wash away your disgusting tribalism and bigotry with cheap propaganda.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by babapupa: 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
ikeyman00: and ^^^^

And learn from your past and foolishness.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by jason123: 4:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
samkoro:

Bros, its only your kind that will "like" your comment because frankly, you are equally guilty of what you accused Alj Harem of.
You see, this hypocritical Hausa-whatever master relationship was started by the Igbo (NCNC, remember).

. . . .I no even get una time today!
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by jason123: 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
Can someone tell us the meaning of Yoruba, Yoruba, Ewu nama, Aboki nama, betrayal SS etc. Yet you portray yourselves as people that are being picked on. . . .please, its nauseating!
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 16, 2012
Dede1:

Negro, please remove Kwara State and West of Kogi State from your daydream of commonwealth nation. Dr. Junaid Mohammed had publicly claimed them for the Islamic Republic and I know your peeps can not fight. I really want disintegration of Nigeria in order to see if you can fight the way your mouth runs. grin grin grin

And who exactly is Junaid? What authority does he command in the sphere of things. You people make too much noise. Let Nigeria split first and watch if Kwara will align with the north. All these 6 geo-political zones bs wasn't even constitutionally put in place.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by jason123: 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
Samkoro, have you ever asked yourself why a person from another ethnic group has NEVER made it in the SE You think they are not hardworking?? Do you think they are not smart enough?
Have you ever entered a Diamond bank branch (anywhere in the country)??

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by jason123: 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
Funny stuffs! grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
@@@@

see dem trying hard to switch goal post

una dey craze

una dna na trbal molecule made it up

yeye; all of a sudden crocodile begin cry self

ask the teacher anywhere outside Yoruba; go round the staff room u go see how these Yoruba cluters for space like sea lions to act their tribal dna molecular foolishness

all of a sudden; u don become preacher like become fool; even among them na so dey speak ngabtti in front of u without bordering to engage u in the conversatin self

may una watch mouth oo; just like hmm that boko alj harem; look at the him; HATE written all over him; soon he go turn to a preacher; abi na gators self hah

oh well;

and for those that listening the only reason the yaribas get lost in the eastern side is they are just too bloody tribalist to the extent they dnt boarder to travel; now with the help of internet and that; etc the envy is just too big

when u see nna come; haba nna do come london lagos no bi am
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2012
740megawatt

i have a question for u cuz u sound different from ur kinsmen

if buhari had an igbo as deputy do u really believe the yaribas will be galvanising for a vote like they ve been doing since then?

checking the seriousness of the tribalistic gene

answer

yes or no
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by aljharem(m): 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2012
samkoro:

My friend if you know the essay I wrote before it would have thrown you off your feet because it seems like You just like many Igbos on Nairaland don't know Yorubas neither do you know any of your neighbours.

I am not going to post that because it would make me an ethnic bigot like you here. I live you to your delusion

BTW, Yoruba don't prefer Hausawas to Igbos, we see your two as the same. Although MOST yorubas have a soft spot for Igbos of which I am one.

The rest is for those that have time.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
Yoruba commonwealth must include all Yoruboid groups in Yoruba..

The Itsekiris (my Ijebu cousins), Ebiras, and Igalas are all Yoruboid - and we're the same people. cool
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by samkoro: 6:03am On Jun 17, 2012
740megawatts:

Oga Samkoro, so you think I would come here on this platform as educated as I am to start peddling lies about an event that happened to me? Anyway, I don't want us to start concatenated arguments on what was or what is. I believe an educated person like you shouldn't argue based on hasty generalization. Again, you have come here to argue that Yorubas don't travel, another generalized assumption. I'm not even in Nigeria at the moment and there are lots of Yoruba folks where I am, though, I'll admit that Igbo folks have a larger population in my resident country. So, which statistics do you have to back that up? Well, all I have to say is that you guys should stop propagating tribal hatred on this forum. I also hope my Yoruba brothers on this forum are decent enough to be civilised in their comments.

Educated people lie too.
That not withstanding,thanks

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by nku5: 6:55am On Jun 17, 2012
This Alj harem sef you no dey tire for this diamond bank lie lie

jason123: Samkoro, have you ever asked yourself why a person from another ethnic group has NEVER made it in the SE You think they are not hardworking?? Do you think they are not smart enough?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by samkoro: 7:18am On Jun 17, 2012
jason123: Samkoro, have you ever asked yourself why a person from another ethnic group has NEVER made it in the SE You think they are not hardworking?? Do you think they are not smart enough?

South east is so competitive especialy in trading,u may be smart enough but not patient.There are other areas yorubas could invest in, like transport and haulage(like in P.H),manufacturing,herbal medicines(I know successfull well packaged yorubas in this),education,entertainment(both traditional and modern,Iv seen traditional yoruba entertainments in many occassions there),I seen some yoruba building contractor,ur prices matter.Igbos do not make business judgements based on ethnicity,if its at all subjective,it all money;money drives the business judgement of an Igbo person.

My accounts are in GTB, Access and ECO but I know where your going.I that Bank u mentioned,Iv seen two branch managers in just an area in Kaduna.Check the inner banking halls and see for urself.There are things banks consider in an area before placing people on the front desk.Accounts of businessmen are far more active than salary accounts,thus the game is to place people at the front desk that can freel. Enteract freely with those men(some are illiterates) in their language.Cos banks don't gain much from salary account.

Diamond bank came with a brand that seeks so much of business mens's patronage thus you see a Diamond bank in kaduna majority of Igbos on the front desks and marketing and other ethnic groups in the inner rooms.Banks are symbol of capitalism and that is what drives their judgements.

Besides,is it not yorubas that control banking ?Explain why
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by samkoro: 8:16am On Jun 17, 2012

South east is so competitive especialy in trading,u may be smart enough but not patient.There are other areas yorubas could invest in, like transport and haulage(like in P.H),manufacturing,herbal medicines(I know successfull well packaged yorubas in this),education,entertainment(both traditional and modern,Iv seen traditional yoruba entertainments in many occassions there),I seen some yoruba building contractor,ur prices matter.Igbos do not make business judgements based on ethnicity,if its at all subjective,it all money;money drives the business judgement of an Igbo person.

My accounts are in GTB, Access and ECO but I know where your going.I that Bank u mentioned,Iv seen two branch managers in just an area in Kaduna.Check the inner banking halls and see for urself.There are things banks consider in an area before placing people on the front desk.Accounts of businessmen are far more active than salary accounts,thus the game is to place people at the front desk that can freel. Enteract freely with those men(some are illiterates) in their language.Cos banks don't gain much from salary account.

Ironicaly,have you checked the inner rooms of the yoruba owned banks

Diamond bank came with a brand that seeks so much of business mens's patronage thus you see a Diamond bank in kaduna majority of Igbos on the front desks and marketing and other ethnic groups in the inner rooms.Banks are symbol of capitalism and that is what drives their judgements.

Besides,is it not yorubas that control banking ?Explain why.Yo must explain the reason why such ownership and why the employees are far! far! far! in majority.

If we
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by ikooko(m): 11:03am On Jun 17, 2012
KWARA? no way. I understand the feelings of people of Offa, omu-aran and environs on this issue but once the whole kwara is included, there is trouble. That will be the base of islamic extreemist for us because of the fulanis of ilorin. besides, the sarakis & co of kwara are not tired of hausa ass- licking to want to align with their kindrel.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ajimobi Closes Akala's 178 Bank Accounts / Checkout Zahra Buhari's Birthday Cake Who Is A Year Older Today(photo) / Umahi Asks FG To Grant Amnesty To Treasury Looters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.