|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1060766 members, 1230461 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2013 at 01:24 PM
Oyo, Osun Appoint Bola Ahmed Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor / They Will Overthrow The Govt, If You Put Kwara,kogi, Delta Out Of Western Niger. / Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State (1) (2) (3) (4)
|Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by alj harem(m): 5:30am On Jun 18, 2012|
Here are the facts about Yoruba
1. Most yorubas that talk here are teens and children, most of them just talk with emotion of which I am guilt of at times
2. Yorubas are not tribalistic, we view Hausa and Igbos the same way. In fact we have a soft spot for Igbos until we view websites to know what you all are made of.
3. Yorubas could careless whether you form alliance with anyone so long as you do not interfere with their politics then all is good.
4. You spoke of yorubas being insecure when you speak your language ? Can the same not be said of Igbos being insecure when they speak their language as well ? Igbos have created this political veil of calling yorubas tribalist even to those that have never met yorubas. That is propaganda but I know it would end one day.
I wonder have a tribalistic group would house the higest number of Non-indigenes both in the country and outside the country.
5. You talk of yorubas having a soft spot for Hausas ? Well ask your leaders, likes of Ojukwu and Nnamdi that wanted one Nigeria when Yorubas were fighting for southern Nigeria. You all caused it and now you are paying the price but rather than blame those leaders you are still blaming the yorubas ? It is insane.
6. If yorubas are as bad as Igbos point them out to be, why do other groups (such as mine) love to be called yoruba rather than my sub-group ? Why do we chose to drop our language to pick up yoruba ? Do you think is by mistake ? NO SIR !!!! We chose it because we know Yorubas among the 3 ethnic group are the most peaceful and one minded. It is not a matter of language but a matter of kindness and loving nature.
7. No sir, Igbo is not the largest ethnic group in every single state apart from Kwara and Kogi. Igbos are only second largest in Lagos, Oyo and Edo and that is MAINLY DUE TO THE FACT OF THE ACCOMMODATING NATURE OF YORUBAS Thank God for that. Igbos don't even accommodate each other not to talk of other ethnic groups and YOU ALL KNOW THIS FACT !!!
8. Yorubas learning Igbo language is completely up to them. No one forced me to learn it as well but we chose to because of our nature. Apart from Fulanis, Yorubas are the group of people that speak Hausa the most. Apart from Igbos themselves and maybe eastern ijaws/Ibibio, Yorubas are the second largest group to speak Igbo language. We tell our Igbo brothers to teach us their language and even at that they chose not to (completely up to them). They then complain when I speak my mothers tongue in my father's compound but when they speak their own language in a foreign land (Lagos and co) it is fine since yorubas are Yoruba cowards.
9. Igbos are known not to pay rent and YOU KNOW THIS, I know Igbo landlords even in Lagos that would not rent to Igbos because of the same reason. About 50 % of this Igbo landlords do that, Go ask a proper housing agent about this stats and confirm to me whether I am right or wrong. I know this for a fact !!!
Why don't other ethnic group face the same problem ? In fact my parents house was last rented to a delta anioma woman (I think).
10. If it is up to me, I don't want to be in the same country with likes of you and other Nairalanders and the reality is that any yoruba that reads the rubbish most of you Igbo tribalist do here couple with what you do real life would really wish for the country to break up so they can have peace.
No Yoruba/Anago from Ghana, Togo, Benin to Nigeria wants to be chit chatting with you people whether they are allowed to speak their own language in there ancestral land or not, No yoruba want to be fighting over who owns this land or who is the largest ethnic make up in this state or local government. It is for primitive people with primitive brains that is a fact !!!
You talk of being a philanthropist ? It is not a must we must put it on newspaper pages that this is what we have done. The work speaks for itself. Rochas is a very good man and I respect him so much. No withstanding, I don't consider Roachas an Igbo man but a Nigerian just like Abiola, Saro wiwa, Ben bruce, Pat Utomi, Fashola and many others.
We don't have problems with anyone so long as they respect themselves and don't try to belittle other in other to feel superior or something to them. They want a peaceful life where they can exhibit their culture freely without looking behind them.
Whether Christian, Muslim or traditional feel free to live and let live. That is a typical Yoruba person's mentality all around the world because I notice you try to segregate Yoruba Christians and Muslims.
|Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by alj harem(m): 5:38am On Jun 18, 2012|
@@@@@@ Samkoro nku and co, here is some of the tribalism percussions Yorubas get from Igbos on a daily bases but most of us just shun it.
THERE IS TRIBALISM IN NOLLYWOOD, SAYS RUKKY SANDA
Rukayat Akinsanya, also known as Rukky Sanda, is gradually being ranked among the most promising acts in Nollywood. Rukky, who started acting in 2004, has accused practitioners in the industry of tribalism.
Though she is a native of Ikorodu in Lagos State, her versatility has earned her more recognition in the English movie industry than the Yoruba sector.
The Banking and Finance graduate of the Lagos State University, disclosed that she initially had a pleasant experience in the industry until when she suddenly realised that tribalism actually exists.
She said: “When I had my first audition, I got a role instantly. That was with Sunny Mac-Don, but what I have realised recently when I came fully into acting is that there is an issue of tribalism.
“But I think this is uncalled for because I have been given roles several times and later rejected simply because I'm of the Yoruba stock. I think that is really wrong. People don't have to be rejected because of their tribes. This has really affected me,” she lamented.
NollywoodReel gathered that the humble and friendly Rukky has featured in over 14 movies since she joined the motion picture industry in 2004.
Some of the movies in which she has featured include Angel and The Beast, My Precious Son, Strength Of Love, Legal War, Desperate Girls, Weeping Tiger and Heaven's Gate.
|Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by alj harem(m): 5:42am On Jun 18, 2012|
@ Nku particularlly here is diamond bank, It is a known fact at least in the North and Western part of the country that if you are not Igbo, you can never ever get a job in Diamond bank.
Even the owner of the bank confirmed this when he said people perceive it as an Igbo bank. Why the hell would people do that if they have not be discriminated against because of their ethnicity.
|Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by BlackPikiN(m): 2:33am On Jun 19, 2012|
alj harem: @@@@@@ Samkoro nku and co, here is some of the tribalism percussions Yorubas get from Igbos on a daily bases but most of us just shun it.
Lie lie go kill you one day.
Omotola, Bimbo Akintola, Mercy Johnson, Olu Jacobs, Joke Silva all fell from mars.
You are a liar!
alj harem: @ Nku particularlly here is diamond bank, It is a known fact at least in the North and Western part of the country that if you are not Igbo, you can never ever get a job in Diamond bank.
You go choke for your lie!
You are a freaking liar!
alj harem: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ samkoro
Abeg na who know where this Alh Harem dey stay self?
This guy go dey post poison online. lol
You just write this nonsense to discredit Igbo people ehh.
You are an authentic liar.
Na people like una dey post alll the lie for north say na Igbo man dey blow up the churches for north.
Nobody fit cure you of all this intentional lie.
You are doomed!
Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health