Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

"Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? - Nairaland / General (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? (26123 Views)

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! / Attention Mods: The Problem With Nairaland 2. (romance Section Please) / Nairaland 2 Wealth <welcome> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by cantell(m): 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2012
Seun:
Computer programmers: we count from zero! The New Nairaland is a computer program, so ... that's why!
Mr programmer, no offense but wouldn't it be much easier to hand over this site to good web programmers who can actually do the job?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 12:29pm On Mar 16, 2012
We are not professional designers, but we are damn good programmers. Have you not noticed this?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2012
blank: Its so difficult to login. 504 or 502 gateway error whatever that means. Also, what does hidden posts mean?

It happens for some seconds whenever I update the server to increase the speed or add a new feature.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by cantell(m): 12:45pm On Mar 16, 2012
Seun: We are not professional designers, but we are damn good programmers. Have you not noticed this?
Lol, i have. But please, why don't you recreate with the old site like denzel2009 suggested?
It's driving me crazy searching for threads/posts and the brightness is about to send me to an eye clinic.
Before the new site was introduced, i could be on Nl for hours in a stretch, but these days i find it difficult.
Your site is worth millions or more, a few nickel here and there won't leave you penniless.

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 1:10pm On Mar 16, 2012
cantell:
Lol, i have. But please, why don't you recreate with the old site like denzel2009 suggested?
It's driving me crazy searching for threads/posts and the brightness is about to send me to an eye clinic.
Before the new site was introduced, i could be on Nl for hours in a stretch, but these days i find it difficult.
Your site is worth millions or more, a few nickel here and there won't leave you penniless.

i notice that whenever i relaunch my browser and access my section.

I fix it by clicking on POSTS (or updated?) in the Topic: posts/views/updated tab, then scrolling down to reclick the section name at the bottom before the sorting can take effect.

Reclicking the section name at the top doesnt help fix this.

Kindly fix bug. Thanks!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2012
slimyem: [size=20pt]seun,since i can add friends,i should be able to delete them too but there's no option of that.could you please provide one?[/size]

i see the feature has already been provided, but i was wondering: why unfriend someone who already has ur email?

Better to shine ur eyes b4 friending, or block the person using your email settings.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by blank(f): 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2012
yamakuza:

i see the feature has already been provided, but i was wondering: why unfriend someone who already has ur email?

Better to shine ur eyes b4 friending, or block the person using your email settings.

Is that how the friend thingy works? wow. I don't need friends then.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by blank(f): 4:28pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ Seun, can u provide a topic that lists all the changes and what can and can no longer be done? It is a bit confusing noww.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 4:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
The site is looking better. However, it would be nice if forum threads were not center-justified. Instead they should be left-justified, as it was before.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 4:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
Also, I would be happy if the logout button actually worked. I click logout, it keeps me logged in...
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by rosefleurs: 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2012
actually, it doesn't. just refresh a couple of times. tongue
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2012
ekt_bear: [size=64pt]The site is looking better. However, it would be nice if forum threads were not center-justified. Instead they should be left-justified, as it was before.[/size]

[size=16pt]HEAR! HEAR![/size]
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by OAM4J: 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2012
ekt_bear: The site is looking better. However, it would be nice if forum threads were not center-justified. Instead they should be left-justified, as it was before.

But I (I think with a number of people I have read from here) prefer the centralized alignment. Neater than the left alignment IMO.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2012
I don't think there is any forum I've ever run across before that is center-aligned.

This imo is what you should go for, this look:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=46

Nice, clean, well-organized, easy on the eyes.

Or this:

http://punbb.informer.com/forums/
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2012
Seun: We are not professional designers, but we are damn good programmers. Have you not noticed this?

Hire a designer. Probably $2000 or so will get you a nice, professional design for this site rather than the current messy one you have.

I've used a guy in Poland before who does good work. I can put you in touch with him.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 7:08pm On Mar 16, 2012
I would also suggest forum avatars.

In my opinion, before you guys decided to start designing your own forum, you should have spent some time learning about the features and design of other forums.

Would have made your life a lot easier.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by denzel2009: 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
ekt_bear: I would also suggest forum avatars.

In my opinion, before you guys decided to start designing your own forum, you should have spent some time learning about the features and design of other forums.

Would have made your life a lot easier.

Apparently, they are targeting mobile users.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 7:20pm On Mar 16, 2012
denzel2009:

Apparently, they are targeting mobile users.

Then make a mobile version and a separate non-mobile version?

Like any other site does?

Just because you are targeting mobile users doesn't mean you have to ruin the experience of everyone else...
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by denzel2009: 7:36pm On Mar 16, 2012
ekt_bear:

Then make a mobile version and a separate non-mobile version?

Like any other site does?

Just because you are targeting mobile users doesn't mean you have to ruin the experience of everyone else...

Are you implying the boss didn't gather adequate end user requirements before embarking on this project?

Are you saying someone who started an implementation without an option to roll back doesnt know what he is doing?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by slimyem: 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2012
yamakuza:

Do peeps automatically have my e-mail when i add them?

Besides,i only need the button for 'just in case'.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by rosefleurs: 7:54pm On Mar 16, 2012
Seun: We are not professional designers, but[b] we are damn good programmers.[/b] Have you not noticed this?

I like this guy's self-delusion self-belief. lol. It's your funeral party! cheesy

I cannot keep track of all the issues anymore. Granted, this format is here to stay. Just tweak it some more, and you'll be there. Just curious, what's the drop in traffic? I know my few Nairaland contacts aren't happy at all. undecided

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 11:14am On Mar 17, 2012
slimyem:
Do peeps automatically have my e-mail when i add them?

Besides,i only need the button for 'just in case'.

not exactly.

But my advice is still valid.
[s]
I assumed you wanted to unfriend them because they sent you nasty messages.[/s]

edit: rather than an unfriend option, an option to allow non-mods email you or not, might do?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2012
Seun, I've gone through your application, and come up with ideas that 'could' (at your discretion) be implemented:
>Non-email based friendship. Sort of like pm. You do everything on the platform (nl) without giving out you precious email.
>Avatars. I would like my name to be associated with a pic of semi-nude strapping young lads.
>Online view. There should be (was) a feature that shows a user's status without having to click on their handles.
_
Other than these, the new Nl is more addictive than the old.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2012
иυмєяσυѕ™:
@Seun, just wondering, why can't there be a private messaging platform, or there are personal reason?

performance issues, i strongly suspect.

Wont be surprised if thats part of why it was disabled on the old platform.

Processing thousands of emails can slow the server to a halt.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by WebSurfer(m): 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2012
^^^^ think is have been done.. but am wondering if pms sent reflects on nairaland or goes straight to E-mails
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by slimyem: 2:49am On Mar 19, 2012
Seun,my posts keeps duplicating at any any attempt to use an emoticon and i'm tired of deleting duplicates everytime use one.
Please correct this asap.m missing my smileys already.
One more thing.... I usually have effizy signatures.please bring them back to where they used to be.
M hopeful and counting on your action!*no smiley*
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by rosefleurs: 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2012
Why is there one column in our Profile titled YIM?

Shouldn't it read "I.M." since YIM solely denotes Yahoo Messenger, and others have aol, msn, etc.?

Just an observation. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2012
SEUN, I WANT MY LOCATION AND SIGNATURE BACK!!!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 6:59am On Mar 21, 2012
Logout button STILL doesn't work for me...
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 8:48am On Mar 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Logout button STILL doesn't work for me...
What's the error you get?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

3 African Men Display Great Acrobatic Skills From Air / Pictures Of The Cobra My Friend Killed Today / Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.