Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

"Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? - Nairaland / General (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? (26110 Views)

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! / Attention Mods: The Problem With Nairaland 2. (romance Section Please) / Nairaland 2 Wealth <welcome> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by collinsfbi(m): 1:18pm On Mar 21, 2012
@seun, pls do something to the colour, I have eye prob already and pls don't make it worst. Pls can u add a user display box picture to all users. Meanwhile it should be very small and hyperlinked to each user profile, it will make NL look more lively than ever. At the same time pls create personal inbox.to facilitate movement of mails btw friends.

Gbammm over and out

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 3:48pm On Mar 21, 2012
Seun:
What's the error you get?

I get no error. It just doesn't do anything. I've remained logged in for like 2 months+ now....
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2012
ekt_bear: I get no error. It just doesn't do anything. I've remained logged in for like 2 months+ now....
New Nairaland has been on for less than 2 months. Does this issue predate New Nairaland?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
Seun:
New Nairaland has been on for less than 2 months. Does this issue predate New Nairaland?

yes.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by collinsfbi(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2012
Seun:

Alagba oluwaseun, why did u ignore my comment?

Gbamm
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2012
collinsfbi: @seun, pls do something to the colour, I have eye prob already and pls don't make it worst.
What's wrong with the color?

Pls can u add a user display box picture to all users. Meanwhile it should be very small and hyperlinked to each user profile, it will make NL look more lively than ever. At the same time pls create personal inbox.to facilitate movement of mails btw friends.

Gbammm over and out
We're not inclined to do this at this time. Nairalanders really value their anonymity. Content is king.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by collinsfbi(m): 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2012
@Seun,

Yes something is wrong with the colour many users don't like it as well, I prefer the old colour as much as many other users do.

On the other hand, I agree with you if you had only said that you are not inclined to do that at the moment it would have been better but don't use anonymity as excuse, if great forum like facebook make anonymity as its priority, today they would not have achieved the level it is. Do you have any idea how many antrocities the anonymity you claimed people vavlued has caused on the forum all in the name of anonymity. Anyway, my comment was just an advice, you don't really need to consider it but it will make NL look great. Meanwhile, I really appreciate the inclusion of some features, they are really cool but to be sincere with you if you want to really know how users feel abt the New NL, put a poll on the home page and let's vote for or against the new NL. Nevertheless, change is the only thing that is permanent in life but let's apply changes wisely. You give us NL and we are all happy but we run and rule NL for you. Best of luck bro.

Gbamm over and out
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
ekt_bear:

I get no error. It just doesn't do anything. I've remained logged in for like 2 months+ now....

tried clearing cookies?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2012
Seun ooo contact me. I say I can help.
Why you dey waste time man?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Brite02(m): 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
collinsfbi: @seun, pls do something to the colour, I have eye prob already and pls don't make it worst. Pls can u add a user display box picture to all users. Meanwhile it should be very small and hyperlinked to each user profile, it will make NL look more lively than ever. At the same time pls create personal inbox.to facilitate movement of mails btw friends.

Gbammm over and out

Have always said this, the color is too bright to the eyes, i just wonder how will look like on a pc I feel for those with eye problems already, @seun, why dont you use nl1 color effect Our signatures, multiple quotes, our picture side line with our username and number of posts too, plz include these features abeg. .
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2012
yamakuza: tried clearing cookies?
He has been logged in before new nairaland and he is still logged in, so the problem is spiritual.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Brite02(m): 11:22pm On Mar 21, 2012
Seun:
He has been logged in before new nairaland and he is still logged in, so the problem is spiritual.

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by cantell(m): 11:37pm On Mar 21, 2012
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by cantell(m): 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2012
Seun:
^^Making fun of your members? It sounds childish you know.
Do something about the bright colour.
You said you'd make some changes, the colour should have been the first on ur list.
I'm even suprised you haven't noticed the blinding brightness of ur new Nl.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by denzel2009: 1:27am On Mar 22, 2012
Seun:

funny stuff cheesy
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 1:54am On Mar 22, 2012
cantell:
^^Making fun of your members? It sounds childish you know.
Do something about the bright colour.
You said you'd make some changes, the colour should have been the first on ur list.
I'm even suprised you haven't noticed the blinding brightness of ur new Nl.

actually, it would help greatly if you can pinpoint the colors he should remove, and what he should replace them with.

Try it.

[s]@Seun: signs of NL addiction, i guess. Unless his device has a password mgr[/s]
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by tpia5: 3:14am On Mar 22, 2012
the problem is spiritual?

is seun no longer an atheist?

anyway!

these topics are about the only ones i find interesting these days when i browse nl. Mostly in guest mode.

It just seems to take too much effort and a non-existent interest, to check out the site.

I'm not complaining though.

its not good to be glued to a computer screen indefinitely, lord have mercy.

not like i'm being paid to do so.

others should carry on.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by tpia5: 3:17am On Mar 22, 2012
lest i forget,

imo, the new nl is more suited for nigeria, or is more of a nigerian look, while the old nl had more of an international standard.

if nl had been like this from the getgo, might have made a more realistic picture.

anyway, i'm not complaining.

nothing happens without a reason.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by tpia5: 3:29am On Mar 22, 2012
btw who is this strangerf whose friend request i just noticed?

awada

is that seun or mukina or somebody.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by denzel2009: 3:57am On Mar 22, 2012
tpia@:
btw who is this strangerf whose friend request i just noticed?

awada

is that seun or mukina or somebody.

Your boyfriend fstranger aka papatosibe aka ojogbontomoye
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by tpia5: 4:46am On Mar 22, 2012
^are you that fellow?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 12:05am On Mar 23, 2012
Spiritual ke?

Just expire the session from your end.

Or ensure that when someone clicks LOGOUT, their session is killed completely no matter where else your software thinks they might be logged in from..

My point is that your software is buggy...has nothing to do with the spiritual
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 12:08am On Mar 23, 2012
Or ensure that when someone clicks LOGOUT, their session is killed completely no matter where else your software thinks they might be logged in from.
If we do that, it will be possible for anyone to log you out by posting an image with the logout url.

My point is that your software is buggy...has nothing to do with the spiritual
I cannot investigate the problem if I don't have an accurate description of what's actually happening.

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 12:39am On Mar 23, 2012
Seun:
If we do that, it will be possible for anyone to log you out by posting an image with the logout url.

Image with logout URL? What? Wouldn't I have to click the URL? Wouldn't that URL have to encode my session information? How is this "anyone" getting the session information?

I cannot investigate the problem if I don't have an accurate description of what's actually happening.
Well, I have described the problem as easily as I can. When is left for you is to access your SQL database (or wherever else you are storing the session information) and delete my current session. Or have sessions automatically time out after X hours of inactivity (e.g., 8.)

Or make the session variable expire after 1 month. Most people don't have sessions last forever necessarily..
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 12:41am On Mar 23, 2012
Look, I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do. I could debug the problem if I were on your end, but I am not. I don't know *why* clicking logout doesn't actually destroy my session variable too. But surely you can investigate and find out why. You have access to your source code and to the sql database. I do not..
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 12:44am On Mar 23, 2012
Probably what happens is that when someone logs in, a new session isn't necessarily created if your software believes an old one exists.

So probably sometime 2 months ago, I logged into some computer at the library or something, never logged out of NL, and your software things that session is what is active.

Double check that when someone logs in, that a new session is created and all old ones destroyed.

Also double check that when someone logs out, all sessions are destroyed..
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 23, 2012
i dont know if this issue has already been mentioned but there is a serious flaw when quoting: you can only quote ONE post at a time.

if you quote a post and reply, then it is impossible to quote another post "properly" from that same thread (unless you copy and paste etc which is a waste of time). so couldnt you guys do something about having the "quote" button in the reply window as well?!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 1:59am On Mar 23, 2012
@ekt_bear: I can't help you if you refuse to tell me the truth. What you're describing is not possible.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 2:01am On Mar 23, 2012
MRbrownJAY: i dont know if this issue has already been mentioned but there is a serious flaw when quoting: you can only quote ONE post at a time.

if you quote a post and reply, then it is impossible to quote another post "properly" from that same thread (unless you copy and paste etc which is a waste of time). so couldnt you guys do something about having the "quote" button in the reply window as well?!

We fixed that one yesterday evening.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 2:25am On Mar 23, 2012
Seun:

just saw that, much better!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 5:48am On Mar 23, 2012
Seun: @ekt_bear: I can't help you if you refuse to tell me the truth. What you're describing is not possible.

lmao.

What reason do I have to lie? Fire up a client to your SQL server and figure it the issue...I shouldn't have to debug your stuff for you.

At a minimum, you can verify for yourself that it says I've been logged in for 2+ months..
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Demdem(m): 8:07am On Mar 23, 2012
Seun:

just saw that, much better!

Good. Please what about followed threads being forwarded to our mailbox?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Cobra My Friend Killed Today / 3 African Men Display Great Acrobatic Skills From Air / Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.