Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

"Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? - Nairaland / General (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? (26084 Views)

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! / Attention Mods: The Problem With Nairaland 2. (romance Section Please) / Nairaland 2 Wealth <welcome> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by eghost247(m): 10:36am On Mar 23, 2012
starting to like the new nairaland after all kudos just fix whatever bugs there is
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Brite02(m): 10:47am On Mar 23, 2012
@seun, could use please dim the colors, they are too bright to the eyes, i had to keep my phone few centimetres away from my eyes. Please do something..
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 10:57am On Mar 23, 2012
Brite02: @seun, could use please dim the colors, they are too bright to the eyes, i had to keep my phone few centimetres away from my eyes. Please do something..

What kind of phone do you use? The colors have been dulled and darkened considerably to satisfy users.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Olaone1: 3:16pm On Mar 23, 2012
Oluseun, please we don't want "page 0". let the numbering start from 1.

Also, if a thread has no replies/comments, then it shouldn't read "1 post". The main post (OP) shouldn't be given the tag "1st post"

Take care
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2012
Signatures are back. Woot woot!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by InkedNerd(f): 3:51pm On Mar 23, 2012
SimonAndal: Signatures are back. Woot woot!

Doesn't change the fact that the layout still looks ugly.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yomalex(m): 4:00pm On Mar 23, 2012
Optimized for mobiles the next big thing. google ads on top and below posts=more money for seun. Ok no wahala. By the way can you put my publisher id for just 1 hour?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ITbomb(m): 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2012
signatures are back and can now quote multiple posts , i'm loving this

2 Likes

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2012
Kudos Seun, on bringing back the signatures; but I would like to know who like what posts. We should be able to click on "2 Likes", and see who liked 'em.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Brite02(m): 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2012
Seun:

What kind of phone do you use? The colors have been dulled and darkened considerably to satisfy users.

using nokia e5
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Brite02(m): 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2012
SimonAndal: Kudos Seun, on bringing back the signatures; but I would like to know who like what posts. We should be able to click on "2 Likes", and see who liked 'em.

Definitely, @seun, please do something about the layers/visibility of the signatures it is more like hidden.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 24, 2012
ITbomb: signatures are back and can now quote multiple posts , i'm loving this

have you tried to quote multiple posts yet? i just did and it doesnt work, lol.

@Seun
are you sure the multiple quote works?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 11:22am On Mar 24, 2012
MRbrownJAY: have you tried to quote multiple posts yet? i just did and it doesnt work, lol.

@Seun

Clearly it works for the person you responded to. It works for me too. What device/browser do you use?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by denzel2009: 11:22am On Mar 24, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

have you tried to quote multiple posts yet? i just did and it doesnt work, lol.

Seun:

Clearly it works for the person you responded to. It works for me too. What device/browser do you use?

it works
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by OAM4J: 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2012
ekt_bear:

lmao.

What reason do I have to lie? Fire up a client to your SQL server and figure it the issue...I shouldn't have to debug your stuff for you.

At a minimum, you can verify for yourself that it says I've been logged in for 2+ months..

Oh no! I think I get your problem now. You are confusing the "Time spent online" on your profile to mean you are continuously logged on.

No, the 2 months + "Time spent online" on your profile is the cumulative time you have spent on NL since you registered.

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by tpia5: 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2012
I'm not quite sure since I no longer log on nl with my phone, but I think I'm now logged off the nl frontpage or politics section.

The system wouldnt let me log off before, but the other day I noticed I seemed to be offline.

will check again though, just to be sure.

I'll probably cancel my internet subscription anyway- no need to waste money unecessarily.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Brite02(m): 5:13pm On Mar 24, 2012
Now that our signatures are back, how do we edit it, i mean how do we edit profile @seun!!!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2012
OAM4J:

Oh no! I think I get your problem now. You are confusing the "Time spent online" on your profile to mean you are continuously logged on.

No, the 2 months + "Time spent online" on your profile is the cumulative time you have spent on NL since you registered.

So what I did to verify that logout doesn't work was:

1) Open my profile in one tab (https://www.nairaland.com/ekt_bear)
2) Click logout
3) Refresh profile, observing that it still says "Currently online"

This is why I say that there is a bug...clicking logout doesn't necessary log you out, it seems.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
Actually, it looks like you are right. There is just a delay of some sort between you actually logging out and your status being reflected say on your profile.

I checked after 5 minutes and noticed that it was then correct.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2012
Seems the site aint buggy afterall?

tpia@:
I'm not quite sure since I no longer log on nl with my phone, but I think I'm now logged off the nl frontpage or politics section.

The system wouldnt let me log off before, but the other day I noticed I seemed to be offline.

will check again though, just to be sure.

I'll probably cancel my internet subscription anyway- no need to waste money unecessarily.

haba! Because of NL2? We'll miss u oh!

[s]btw, na only NL u dey browse? Why cancel?[/s]
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Olaone1: 11:37pm On Mar 24, 2012
Oluseun, NL's "search" is not very effective.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Cupidkc(m): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2012
Hmmm...Still tryin 2gt use 2ds.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2012
Ola one: Oluseun, NL's "search" is not very effective.
What are some searches you tried and which did not work?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by tpia5: 9:00pm On Mar 25, 2012
yamakuza:

haba! Because of NL2? We'll miss u oh!

[s]btw, na only NL u dey browse? Why cancel?[/s]

the phone one.

dont think i really need it per se.

i can always browse from the computer- the phone browsing is just extra.

and its taking away time i could spend on my e reader. Right now i dont even know where my e reader is because i rarely use it?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 1:21am On Mar 26, 2012
denzel2009: it works

Seun: Clearly it works for the person you responded to. It works for me too. What device/browser do you use?

yeah it does now, my bad!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Olaone1: 6:34am On Mar 26, 2012
Oluseun,

E.g.
A search for 'Seun' on NL1 would have yielded Seun's main posts. It is now muddled on NL2 as it just highlights posts where 'Seun' is mentioned. The search now mainly yields comments from those who have name-dropped 'Seun.'

2) A search for 'cheap cars' on NL1 would have yielded threads with 'cheap cars' stated as part of OP (mostly). Now, it only highlights where 'cheap', 'cars' and 'cheap cars' are mentioned. Some of the highlighted comments could (and would) be unrelated to sales of 'cheap cars.'

It used to be a very effective NL tool
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Olaone1: 6:44am On Mar 26, 2012
And, please do something about Online/Offline thingy, too. I would like to know when my Iyawos are online wink wink

Also, if you could change the way you present the time/date a comment/topic gets posted to that of NL1 format please do. Thus, instead of "2 years 5 days", for example, let's have "March, 2010." Instead of "2 hours 2 mins" let's have "04:42 AM". Maybe your main intention here is to eliminate the ambiguity of time zones

Besides, don't forget to do something about "Page 0." And, " 2 posts" when we have only 1 (the OP should not count). This fools one into thinking that the topic has had 2 replies.

Omo ni e joo as you do smiley
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 4:06pm On Mar 27, 2012
Our search is probably less smart and more precise and up-to-date. We'll include a Google search box later.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by blank(f): 4:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
When i try to view from my mobile and zoom in, the ending words get cut off. I have to zoom out and read very tiny print if i want to read the story at all. For a long post, its just not worth the effort.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2012
blank: When i try to view from my mobile and zoom in, the ending words get cut off. I have to zoom out and read very tiny print if i want to read the story at all. For a long post, its just not worth the effort.

Which mobile phone do you use?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2012
@ Seun

Feedbacks include;

1. When you add a smiley or whatever, it duplicates your post.

2. Your website thingy (i dont know the language) is sensitive to cases. E.G [IMG][/IMG} would not work except I use [img][/img].

3. Subscript and Superscript dont work.

4. This is a new Nairaland. We should have clear cut rules and punishments for offences. Giving your mods sucj blanket powers leaves room for abuse of authority/power. Case in point, my ban from politics section without prior warning and for a reason that isnt peculiar to me. But because I am Alusi Okija, my punishment is now different. Please, use your power as a supermod to let me know the duration of my ban or if I am at the mercies of one of your power drunk mods. . .

Thanks. .
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by blank(f): 4:45pm On Mar 27, 2012
Seun:

Which mobile phone do you use?

I use either a blackberry 9360 or a 9700. The results are same. I browse via opera mini.

Please, what does hidden posts signify?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road / Pictures Of The Cobra My Friend Killed Today / Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.