Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:55 AM

Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman (19125 Views)

(pics)who Btw These Two Striking Men Would Get The Ladies More? / What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? / Dating And Marrying Older Women Or Younger Woman Which Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by khiaa(f): 5:11am On Mar 12, 2012
I'm asking this question because I am attracted to Nigerian men but some nigerian women believe nigerian men would only date women of another culture (especially western women) for fun and have no serious intentions because of different cultures, men is this true?
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by MrsChima1(f): 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2012
LMAO@63 views and silence. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pardon me! (skips off the thread)
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by luckgames(m): 1:38pm On Mar 12, 2012
NO
Culture will not prevent me from Loving and Marrying America woman. I am looking for is a good woman that share some of my values. Lot of Nigerians Men continues to think Nigerian women will be better. Lot of these men has surprise waiting for them.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by Okontami: 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2012
Young Woman,living with a Nigerian Man could be a task for you since you might not understand our culture, but if you have an open mind and a free heart you will be able to learn and enjoy your Man. Nigerian men are supportive and hard working, they always want to provide for their home and take care of their family but there are rules and boundaries you must not cross. Respect is key and you are not allowed to involve in activities which could be perceived as bringing shame to the family e.g excessive partying, clubbing etc. You are to be a cook, nanny, and a wild kid on the block in bed. But you can be rest assured that you will be taken care of well if you meet the right man. He will assist you with the house tasks too. But if u meet those who want to use you to do papers, sorry. So watch and pray. If you misbehave a Naija man will kick u out before you think about it.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2012
op if u can guraantee me greencard den i go even marry u wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by luckgames(m): 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2012
Okontami: Young Woman,living with a Nigerian Man could be a task for you since you might not understand our culture, but if you have an open mind and a free heart you will be able to learn and enjoy your Man. Nigerian men are supportive and hard working, they always want to provide for their home and take care of their family but there are rules and boundaries you must not cross. Respect is key and you are not allowed to involve in activities which could be perceived as bringing shame to the family e.g excessive partying, clubbing etc. You are to be a cook, nanny, and a wild kid on the block in bed. But you can be rest assured that you will be taken care of well if you meet the right man. He will assist you with the house tasks too. But if u meet those who want to use you to do papers, sorry. So watch and pray. If you misbehave a Naija man will kick u out before you think about it.

Okontami you provided her with lot of good information
Nigerian Women do excessive partying In Toronto week in , week out
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by luckgames(m): 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
Okontami: Young Woman,living with a Nigerian Man could be a task for you since you might not understand our culture, but if you have an open mind and a free heart you will be able to learn and enjoy your Man. Nigerian men are supportive and hard working, they always want to provide for their home and take care of their family but there are rules and boundaries you must not cross. Respect is key and you are not allowed to involve in activities which could be perceived as bringing shame to the family e.g excessive partying, clubbing etc. You are to be a cook, nanny, and a wild kid on the block in bed. But you can be rest assured that you will be taken care of well if you meet the right man. He will assist you with the house tasks too. But if u meet those who want to use you to do papers, sorry. So watch and pray. If you misbehave a Naija man will kick u out before you think about it.

Okontami you provided her with lot of good information

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by luckgames(m): 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
kontami you provided her with lot of good information
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 12, 2012
no culture cannot prevent a nigerian man getting married to a western woman as lonng as that lady knows how to cook and is the type who would be respectful to her husband then u a marriage material.The reason many of us dont take western women seriously when it comes to marriage is because many of them are certainly not the marriage type because of their wild behaviour like staying out all night at wild parties and not being able to keep the home.It is such act that makes a nigerian man not to take a western woman seriously.Having said that watch out for those nigerian men who might be hunting u for green card.The way to detect them is that they are always anxious to get married to u just the minute they meet u and the are less inclined to go on with a white wedding or a traditional wedding.Most scam marriages that such nigerian men mostly engage in with their western fiancees are court weddings.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by luckgames(m): 4:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
kontami you provided her with lot of good information
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by LongOne1(m): 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2012
@ Op; I guess it depends on the man in question and his attachment to his family. Some parents don’t want their kids to marry outsiders, so it depends on the strength of his family ties – if he can convince them otherwise or at least stand his ground.

Personally, I put no stock on culture, but that’s probably because I have a bit of an identity crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2012
lefulefu: op if u can guraantee me greencard den i go even marry u wink
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by MrsChima1(f): 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2012

Nigerian man can't kick her out of their home in America (that if he is planning to move to America). In Nigeria, THAT A WHOLE NOTHER SUBJECT. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by MrsChima1(f): 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2012
OP

Excuse the dumb arse that said that Foreign men are less likely to marry Western women because of "their behavior". If we are going to pinpoint behavior then we need to include "wild behaviors" on both side.

Scamming someone is FAR WORSE than a woman going to the club shaking her tail feather or having sex on the first date.

Knowing the culture of your mate is good, but more importantly knowing the CHARACTER and SUBSTANCE of the man you are interested in is imperative. It doesn't matter if he is Nigerian or Irish, what matters the most is what YOU LIKE and HOW HE HONESTLY feels about you.

Just be wary of the IGNORANT arsewipes. Good luck. kiss

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 13, 2012
@ topic: Seriously?
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by MrsChima1(f): 1:43am On Mar 13, 2012
MsDarkSkin: @ topic: Seriously?

Sis!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by Nobody: 2:14am On Mar 13, 2012
Omo mrs chima why are u vex? Has ur hubby eventually dump u for a virgin in his village? Eh tel me the truth and let d devil be Ashamed oooooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 13, 2012
BCuZiMBlaCk:
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))
. Why u dey laugh? I am tryin to help a sista out nah.ehn na she wan marry a nigerian by all means.
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by papatosibe: 3:16am On Mar 13, 2012
Nigerian men for Nigerian Women ONLY.

I am seeing two non-Nigerian women at present and trust me its going no where. I am in it for the sex, if Kasala burst, I am taking the next plane back to Timbuktu. There is no way I am getting married to an Akata. White or Asian or Indian? May be. Akata? No way in hell.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by MrsChima1(f): 3:25am On Mar 13, 2012
lefulefu: Omo mrs chima why are u vex? Has ur hubby eventually dump u for a virgin in his village? Eh tel me the truth and let d devil be Ashamed oooooo

Don't confuse me with chicks who are marrying African men straight from www.mailorderhusbandscom. lipsrsealed

I am not into Mail Order husbands. And If I was, YOU would be six feet under. kiss kiss kiss kiss

Keep trying, you will find a desperate sucker. wink How are your meals?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by MrsChima1(f): 3:35am On Mar 13, 2012
Suckle what sons? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by AfroBlue(m): 3:42am On Mar 13, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
Suckle what sons? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

my 9ja dawgs gotta get dem visas first, and it will be poppin wink
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by MrsChima1(f): 3:50am On Mar 13, 2012
Afro_Blue:

my 9ja dawgs gotta get dem visas first, and it will be poppin wink

They need visa to pop sons?

Shine your eyes yankees!
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by marshallart: 4:17am On Mar 13, 2012
There s virtually nothang bad in dat o. . . . .i fit marry oyinbo na!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by Mynd44: 7:01am On Mar 13, 2012
marshallart: There s virtually nothang bad in dat o. . . . .i fit marry oyinbo na!
You we be say na Green card you dey find
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by TisaBone: 9:10am On Mar 13, 2012
@Op, are you African American?

I am seeing two non-Nigerian women at present and trust me its going no where. I am in it for the sex, if Kasala burst, I am taking the next plane back to Timbuktu. There is no way I am getting married to an Akata. White or Asian or Indian? May be. Akata? No way in hell.

@papatosibe, I don't even have to ask why you say you would never marry an akata, because you would only spout the usual diatribes. that they are " easy,ignorant,welfare queens, heaux,etc,etc," But it seems to me, all the men that say that on here, that's all you want out of an AA is a good time in the first place, and the ones that want more than that say those mean hurtful things to appease women of their own country,so that they won't get angry at you for being attracted to foreign women. I see what you are trying to do though. AA men have been force feeding the same things down AA women's throats for years now when it comes to white women. That they only like white gurls because they are easy, and stupid, when really they are not man enough,and is too much of a coward to admit that the reason they are with this white woman is because they like that white woman. same thing applies to nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by MrsChima1(f): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2012
TisaBone: @Op, are you African American?

@papatosibe, I don't even have to ask why you say you would never marry an akata, because you would only spout the usual diatribes. that they are " easy,ignorant,welfare queens, heaux,etc,etc," But it seems to me, all the men that say that on here, that's all you want out of an AA is a good time in the first place, and the ones that want more than that say those mean hurtful things to appease women of their own country,so that they won't get angry at you for being attracted to foreign women. I see what you are trying to do though. AA men have been force feeding the same things down AA women's throats for years now when it comes to white women. That they only like white gurls because they are easy, and stupid, when really they are not man enough,and is too much of a coward to admit that the reason they are with this white woman is because they like that white woman. same thing applies to nigerians.

Hmm. I guess many of them aren't reading the fact that many higher positions are held by Black women. White men and Black women collectively are dominating the workforce. It doesn't matter what his reasons are, in America and few other countries all Black men native or foreign are considered bottom of the totem pole. I can see why the male haters would be threatened. If I was a man, I wouldn't marry a successful Black women who earns more than me either because of my fragile male's ego. So Papsmeartosibe has a point. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by MrsChima1(f): 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2012
papatosibe: Nigerian men for Nigerian Women ONLY.

Why are you dealing with bottom of the gutter women? Of course your sex life isn't working! You settled for what you can get huh?

I thought you said Nigerian men for NIgerian women only? You do know White, Asian, and Indian women aren't Nigerian right? tongue

You want some time to make up your mind? Just saying.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by TisaBone: 1:17pm On Mar 13, 2012
lol. i love u ms. chima. u better tell 'em girl.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by luckgames(m): 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Hmm. I guess many of them aren't reading the fact that many higher positions are held by Black women. White men and Black women collectively are dominating the workforce. It doesn't matter what his reasons are, in America and few other countries all Black men native or foreign are considered bottom of the totem pole. I can see why the male haters would be threatened. If I was a man, I wouldn't marry a successful Black women who earns more than me either because of my fragile male's ego. So Papsmeartosibe has a point. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
Mrs.chima
I don't you know but I know for sure I make more money than you. I am not a lawyer or Doctor
I am a strong black man, and I am not a nurse working 70 hours a week
Re: Nigerian Men Would Culture Prevent You From Loving And Marrying An American Woman by MrsChima1(f): 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2012
luckgames:
Mrs.chima
I don't you know but I know for sure I make more money than you. I am not a lawyer or Doctor
I am a strong black man, and I am not a nurse working 70 hours a week

You are exactly right, you don't know me. Now why are you getting defensive?

Was it the bottom of the totem pole comment? grin grin grin grin

Even "strong black men" are on the bottom of the totem pole in America. Don't shoot the messenger. kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Memes That Will Make Your Day / 6 Signs A Lady Wants You To Touch Her When She Comes Visiting / Anambra Lifts Suspension On Hotel Where Sex Romp Party Was Held

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.