Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (91004 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 20, 2012
^^ Wait . . . I thought MTN blocked streaming with BIS? How did you do yours?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 12:48pm On May 20, 2012
SimonAndal: ^^ Wait . . . I thought MTN blocked streaming with BIS? How did you do yours?
simple, Via the playbook bridged to my phone. I can stream YouTube videos all day on the playbook and watch live matches.

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 1:16pm On May 20, 2012
TCD: simple, Via the playbook bridged to my phone. I can stream YouTube videos all day on the playbook and watch live matches.
are you saying youtube works via bridge on mtn bis even wen it won't stream on the phone? Abeg on wat site did you watch d match?quite interesting.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 1:59pm On May 20, 2012
King TCD,you suppose dey charge now o!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by alstacs(m): 11:59pm On May 20, 2012
TCD: @alstacs . I'm getting a playbook soon. I would assume There is no difference between the bridging experience and the others like galaxy tab et all. The only thing that should make any difference is the Network providers 3G or EDGE. this will also affect the galaxy tab..

@TCD

I am still waiting for your comment on bridging with edge rather than 3G. Is it worth it?
I really envy guys here. Everybody has moved on.
People are side loading now etc..and I am still here wondering if I should buy one or not.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:45am On May 21, 2012
Lexusgs430: King TCD,you suppose dey charge now o!
grin grin grin. Senate Don pass freedom of information bill, if I charge of dey go jail
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:50am On May 21, 2012
alstacs:

@TCD

I am still waiting for your comment on bridging with edge rather than 3G. Is it worth it?
I really envy guys here. Everybody has moved on.
People are side loading now etc..and I am still here wondering if I should buy one or not.
I tried MTN edge and it was okay. But I hope you don't plan on doing heavy downloads with MTN edge, coz MTN edge is notoriously slow. I suggest you try etisalat or airtel their edge is better.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Nicompop: 3:09pm On May 21, 2012
Get your Blackberry Playbook now, bridge with MTN, GLO, AIRTEL and ETISALAT Bis on Latest Operating system 2

Call 08106432135

Unboxed and Sealed in pack
Nationwide Delivery available
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 9:22pm On May 21, 2012
DOWNLOAD FREE PlayBook Games and Apps here also

http://playbookgamingnetwork.weebly.com/games.html

And

http://bbthemesx.com/243-bar-files-to-sideload-to-your-playbook/

Remember, you'll have to sideload them using the steps above.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:13am On May 27, 2012
Where is everybody here?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by mikoa: 9:56am On May 27, 2012
Rapture
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 11:43am On May 27, 2012
LOL. grin

Abeg anyone here using a stylus pen for their device? Thinking of getting one for sketches and note taking
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by mikoa: 12:40pm On May 29, 2012
i have also been looking for the stylus pen. But i have no idea of hoe much they r selling it. Lets all bb playbook users drop there there pin or e-mail address for video chat. Mine is donmikoa@yahoo.com. Add me.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by police27: 6:20pm On May 30, 2012
Does the bb bridge internet work with mtn BBcomplete plan of 1500? My pb is just a few days away :-)
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:47pm On May 30, 2012
police27: Does the bb bridge internet work with mtn BBcomplete plan of 1500? My pb is just a few days away :-)

It should work regardless of subscription package or level. Have fun with your pb when it arrives. Make sure you update it to OS 2.0, the current pb software version is 2.0.1.358, updates can only be done via wifi or mifi
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by benzion72(m): 9:09pm On May 30, 2012
Playbook is wholesome with a lot of capability. You need WIFI to update the OS it is so big a download 512MB. The beauty is that you may continue the download at your convenient time. I am having difficulty in bridging my
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 11:13pm On May 30, 2012
benzion72: Playbook is wholesome with a lot of capability. You need WIFI to update the OS it is so big a download 512MB. The beauty is that you may continue the download at your convenient time. I am having difficulty in bridging my

What difficulties are you experiencing in bridging? Bridging can be achieved in two ways, either you scan device or by manually inputting pins on prompt. You will need to download an application called blackberry bridge from the app world free unto your BB phone first, before pairing can be achieved.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 10:46am On May 31, 2012
mikoa: i have also been looking for the stylus pen. But i have no idea of hoe much they r selling it. Lets all bb playbook users drop there there pin or e-mail address for video chat. Mine is donmikoa@yahoo.com. Add me.
There is this Guy on Nairaland that sells stylus pens at N1,500, if you're in lagos, try him and let us knw how it goes. The thread is www.nairaland.com/899303/brand-new-stylus-pen-4. The PIN video chat thingy works only via wifi right? Most people in Naija are hardly on wifi including me. So the stuff is just there sitting useless for me. Hope they can make it work via bridge in future updates.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by mikoa: 3:43pm On May 31, 2012
TCD: There is this Guy on Nairaland that sells stylus pens at N1,500, if you're in lagos, try him and let us knw how it goes. The thread is www.nairaland.com/899303/brand-new-stylus-pen-4. The PIN video chat thingy works only via wifi right? Most people in Naija are hardly on wifi including me. So the stuff is just there sitting useless for me. Hope they can make it work via bridge in future updates.
TCD add me on bbm lets talk 21BBEB98.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 9:47am On Jun 01, 2012
mikoa:
mikoa:
Alrighty bro. Sent you a bbm request
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by benzion72(m): 10:45pm On Jun 01, 2012
Thank you all my Playbook is up running now. It such a delightful machine. Let me say it is a wonder. I want to thank everybody for their help. I can now sideload many application. Thank you all
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by mikoa: 12:36am On Jun 02, 2012
TCD: Alrighty bro. Sent you a bbm request
What is your bbm name.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
Tea
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by 2010a: 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2012
TCD: METHOD NUMBER 2

This One is very straight forward, has similarity with number one above.. in this one, you need a laptop with internet connection. doesnt matter what internet connection whether its modem, ad-hoc (using wireless hotspot from ur android, nokia etc). It just must be fast enough and reliable enough to download an over 500mb file else you will sleep there o.

now your laptop must have Blackberry Desktop manager installed. switch off your playbook, run desktop manager, Connect your Playbook via USB to the computer and then immediately Hold the power button down for like 10-20secs. The red LED light should flash and desktop manager will tell you, "Cant Connect to the playbook, bla bla bla, bla bla bla, it"ll then give you three options, "retry", "Update" or 'cancel". Click on Update and DM will automatically download and install the new OS update. And when it starts up, it wont take you through the damn set up procedure.

This Method is also useful if you find yourself with a Crashed, dead or Nuked Playbook. it'll help you repair and reload the OS.

oga TCD, I bought my playbook on may 1st & guy, no other device has given me so much misery as this one. i have not been able to use it at all.
i haven't been able to download the os2. whenever i try, it will tell me: could not connect to update server(2011). this baffles me because i have been using this same Internet connection to browse and download on my laptop.
i tried the method you above; my Blackberry Download Manager didn't show the options you described: retry, update or cancel. my BDM was installed the 1st time i connected the playbook to my pc.
i don't know what is wrong.
as i vented on BB's South Africa page: ;tis shocking and beyond belief that despite the popularity of BB in Nigeria, they have neither an office nor a representative in this country who i could talk to.
if they keep dulling, Samsung will fall their hand in the tablet market in Nigeria, especially with their galaxy tab 7.0 plus.
oga TCD, please help me out. tis been a long time i have felt so frustrated.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 9:28pm On Jun 02, 2012
Sorry about your issues my man. May 1st, that's almost a month of frustration. I feel your pain mehn

To your problem, what did desktop manager tell you when u tried method nobr 2? Also how did you get the failed to find the update server error? Is it when u tried to update via wifi? Have you also tried method nobr 1? Does your playbook begin to download the update before you get that error message or it doesn't even download at all. What kind of Internet connection do you have, is it fast and stable?

Please give answers to this questions so we can get an idea of what's really going on.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2012
As regards the blackberry desktop manager thing, you have to be very fast. It can take quite a few tries before you get it. Just follow these steps sequentially

download latest BB desktop manager
hold down power button until 'turn off' / 'restart' buttons appear--choose turn off' I.e turn off your playbook
open desk top manager (it will ask you to connect to your device' via usb cable
connect your playbook to desktop)
DO NOT LET playbook turn itself on when connected (hold down power button when a red power light appear on it)
You will get error message on BB desktop manager ' can not connect to device; with an option to 'update' 
This message takes a few tries to get and doesnt stay for long so you need to be quick
choose 'update' on this error message pop up window
it will update via BB desktop manager 

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by 2010a: 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2012
TCD: Sorry about your issues my man. May 1st, that's almost a month of frustration. I feel your pain mehn

To your problem, what did desktop manager tell you when u tried method nobr 2? .

nothing. just nothing
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by 2010a: 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
TCD: Sorry about your issues my man. May 1st, that's almost a month of frustration. I feel your pain mehn

Also how did you get the failed to find the update server error? Is it when u tried to update via wifi? Have you also tried method nobr 1? Does your playbook begin to download the update before you get that error message or it doesn't even download at all. What kind of Internet connection do you have, is it fast and stable?

Please give answers to this questions so we can get an idea of what's really going on.

i get the failed to find the update server error when i try to update via wifi.
i have tried method number 1
my playbook doesn't even start to download the update. when i connect to the network, it will say checking for update then it will bring up the error message. it doesn't download at all.
my internet connection is stable enough for my laptop.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by 2010a: 10:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
TCD: As regards the blackberry desktop manager thing, you have to be very fast. It can take quite a few tries before you get it. Just follow these steps sequentially

download latest BB desktop manager
hold down power button until 'turn off' / 'restart' buttons appear--choose turn off' I.e turn off your playbook
open desk top manager (it will ask you to connect to your device' via usb cable
connect your playbook to desktop)
DO NOT LET playbook turn itself on when connected (hold down power button when a red power light appear on it)
You will get error message on BB desktop manager ' can not connect to device; with an option to 'update' 
This message takes a few tries to get and doesnt stay for long so you need to be quick
choose 'update' on this error message pop up window

i will try this and i will give you a feedback
Goodluck
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2012
2010a:

nothing. just nothing
I think here is the problem. Desktop manager must tell you something. Its either it connects to the PB,(which means you aren't doing it fast enough or well) Or it shows the can't connect to the Playbook window (which is what we are after). You can try using another laptop or internet connection. There have been suggestions that the update server2011 error is due to outdated routers.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by 2010a: 11:42am On Jun 03, 2012
TCD: As regards the blackberry desktop manager thing, you have to be very fast. It can take quite a few tries before you get it. Just follow these steps sequentially

1. download latest BB desktop manager
2. hold down power button until 'turn off' / 'restart' buttons appear--choose turn off' I.e turn off your playbook
3. open desk top manager (it will ask you to connect to your device' via usb cable
3. connect your playbook to desktop)
4. DO NOT LET playbook turn itself on when connected (hold down power button when a red power light appear on it)
5. You will get error message on BB desktop manager ' can not connect to device; with an option to 'update' 
6. choose 'update' on this error message pop up window

Goodluck

i carried out steps 1 - 6 more than 30 times, it will check for updates and then say: There are no Blackberry Tablet OS updates available

if there are no updates available, i am wondering why my device is not working

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply)

Carlcare Is Here With You / 15 Technically Possible But Awful Ways To Charge Your Phone Without Electricity / How Do I Know If I Am Sharing My Data With Someone Unknowingly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.