Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,591 members, 7,955,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:49 PM

Tribute To DIG Haruna John: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To DIG Haruna John: (7787 Views)

Soldiers Dig Out Bombs Planted On The Road By Boko Haram Members (Pics) / Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu / Boni Haruna Cries After Seeing Boko Haram Destruction In Adamawa (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by 1luvkipsus: 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2012
You were a gallant police man who was so dedicated to his duties.When you were here in Abuja,you fought crime to a standstill.You were a very discipline and harworking officer,the reasons why you were currently elevated to the position of DIG.We celebrated that elevation and even prayed that you would rise to become the IG someday.And then you DIED!!Whatever caused this your painful death,be it mechanical fault,human error or terrorism,it happened at a time when we need you most.Now that we are faced with security challenges,we need people like you in the police to curb the excesses of evil men,but you are no more...May your soul rest in peace untill we meet to part no more...Adieu John...Adieu the people‘s Police.
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by mcnepow(m): 4:28pm On Mar 14, 2012
14 March 2012 Last updated at 14:59 GMT
Nigeria police helicopter crashes in Jos

A police helicopter has crashed in a residential area in the central Nigerian city of Jos.

At least four people - all police personnel - have died, officials said.

Correspondents say it is feared one of Nigeria's most senior officers, John Haruna - a deputy inspector general of police - was among them.

Police are part of a special task force to contain inter-communal conflict in Jos, which has also been targeted by Islamist Boko Haram militants lately.

The helicopter crashed in the suburb of Rukuba.

It is not immediately clear if there are casualties on the ground, and the cause of the crash is not yet known.

Jos is the capital of Plateau state, which lies on the fault line between Nigeria's mainly Muslim north and Christian and animist south.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17370640

Too sad sad
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 14, 2012
May their souls rest in peace. sad

1 Like

Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by jaibang(m): 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2012
too bad for naija
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by accessroute: 4:34pm On Mar 14, 2012
May their souls rest in peace
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by obicentlis: 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2012
Rest in peace John Haruna. I personally know you were a good and refined officer. Who knows what happened to you, i think. Its only God that knows. I console ur family n friends and also d family of the other officers and civilians that were sent to their ultimelygrave. The cost of keeping Nigeria is too much. I stand to be corrected!
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by lannre(m): 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2012
May the souls of departed rest in perfect peace
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by robinhoodd2(m): 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2012
R.I.P DIG and other people on board.9ja lets try to condole d odas too
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by stagger: 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2012
He came across as a refined police officer while he was the CP here in Abuja.

I am very sure he was "arrowed" by one of the numerous disgruntled and retired officers just the way one of my neighbours here was arrowed 2 weeks after being appointed to the board of a govt parastatal.

Makes you wonder why human beings always love jostling for positions at all cost.

Sad loss.
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by Mkpotu(m): 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2012
May your soul rest in Peace. I do not know you personally but your name is a household name in the Police Force not with respect to corruption or other vices, however you were a dedicated and refined officer and you gave your best whilst in the service of your nation and mankind.

Adieu, D.I.G John Haruna.
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by ebecode(m): 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2012
RIP
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by olajide8(m): 4:57pm On Mar 14, 2012
I don't know you but RIP, the first bomb in madalla Inec office, you were the CP, I guess you tried then, you were moved to abuja and I started to wonder, the rate at which you were moving then I heard you were appointed a DIG then I felt u had something about you, and then your gone in the line of duty, not like your predecessor that was killed by magun - don't climb on top of another officers wife, but trying to solve a national issue the boko haram case, guess that's what life does elevates some to teach us a lesson, RIP
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by naptu2: 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2012
Wow! He was very effective when he was Deputy Commissioner of Police (operations) in Lagos. May he rest in peace.
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by MyVicky: 5:07pm On Mar 14, 2012
Rest in Peace DIG Haruna and may the Lord comfort, keep, protect, and care for the family you left behind. We shall all be remembered, only, by what we have done!
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by Harbb: 5:30pm On Mar 14, 2012
RIP John Haruna.
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by yogun(f): 5:32pm On Mar 14, 2012
Eternal Rest Grant them oh Lord
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by BaBaMike: 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2012
very sad death ..... R.I.P to the deceased
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by kokoA(m): 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2012
When was the last time we had something to cheer about in our country? Hmmmmm. I can't remember! All we hear is is bad news these days, soo much bitterness in our hearts! smh!
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by cynthiafred67(f): 5:55pm On Mar 14, 2012
Rest in Peace DIG Haruna
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by bakila: 6:04pm On Mar 14, 2012
Haruna John may the Almighty give you family the fortitude to bear the loss. Died a true Nigerian, Jenjo married to Yoruba a huge loss to the country.
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by chosen04(f): 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2012
RIP JOHN HARUNA
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by ducksoup: 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2012
I never like NPF. The are bunch of gay a$$holes. They should rest in pieces in hell.

f**k'em
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by OAM4J: 6:07pm On Mar 14, 2012
What a loss! So sad!
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by ducksoup: 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2012
Nemesis caught up with 'em. . .bleep 'em
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by solomto(f): 6:27pm On Mar 14, 2012
The evil that men do.......
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
if u knew Haruna John, u wud knw he was an Open minded person. If u live in Gwarimpa, u wud always see him hanging out on weekends. But he was neva a friend of criminals and he fought against them when he became d fct comisioner of police. May his soul rip. May we neva be promoted to get killed.
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by kristiansmart: 8:28pm On Mar 14, 2012
I personally know you were a good and refined officer. Who knows what happened to you, i think. Its only God that knows.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by Nwunuken(m): 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2012
1luvkipsus: You were a gallant police man who was so dedicated to his duties.When you were here in Abuja,you fought crime to a standstill.You were a very discipline and harworking officer,the reasons why you were currently elevated to the position of DIG.We celebrated that elevation and even prayed that you would rise to become the IG someday.And then you DIED!!Whatever caused this your painful death,be it mechanical fault,human error or terrorism,it happened at a time when we need you most.Now that we are faced with security challenges,we need people like you in the police to curb the excesses of evil men,but you are no more...May your soul rest in peace untill we meet to part no more...Adieu John...Adieu the people‘s Police.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by EmmyBoy2(m): 9:20pm On Mar 14, 2012
u all may not believe this, but this is one cop who did well wherever he was posted to. Lagos, Anambra, FCT. So sad he never lived long to enjoy d fruits of his labour. RIP John Haruna.
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by shumno(f): 9:38pm On Mar 14, 2012
RIP
Re: Tribute To DIG Haruna John: by Benzora(m): 9:40pm On Mar 14, 2012
It's indeed a great loss to the nation,another huge setback. He was no doubt one of the very few Nigerians left with honesty of purpose concerning the Nigerian Police Force. For the few times I met him, he came across as a good man.I pray God grant his family the grace to bear this huge national loss. Adiu DIG!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Protesting Job Seekers Arrested In Bayelsa / Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ikoyi Flat Where $43.4M Was Recovered / The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.