Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:33 PM

Nigeria Belongs To All Of Us, Not Just The Elites - Let's Fight The Power.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Belongs To All Of Us, Not Just The Elites - Let's Fight The Power.. (940 Views)

So There Was A Fight @ The National Assembly And No News Network Carried It. / Nigerians In UK! Let's Fight For Our Right... / “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Belongs To All Of Us, Not Just The Elites - Let's Fight The Power.. by bittyend(m): 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2012
I'm really sick and tired of the bad news - that comes out of Nigeria every day.
I'm tired of fellow Nigerians dying from avoidable death every day.
I'm tired of seeing poverty on the faces of fellow Nigerians.
I'm tired of Nigerians living in squalor, in the midst of plenty.
I'm tired of Nigerians waiting on God for everything because the truth is, if God is going to come down and help us - he would have done that for all black people - 400years after, and God hasn't even blinked an eye about us. I'm not religious but I believe in God - but we can't wait on God forever, and most of the messengers of God telling us to wait on God are FRAUDSTERS. The honest truth is that, the MODERN DAY RELIGION IS A PONZI SCHEME - seek God for spirituality - and take control of your lives, Nigerians

We Nigerians are blessed and unique in every way - we're arguably one of the most resilient people in the world. We're also critical thinkers and problem solvers - and I see Nigerians every day making something out of nothing - no matter where we find ourselves. Let me paraphrase that and say - an average Nigerian can "turn water into bread" - but why can't we use our resilience and problem solving skills to find the answers to the problems plaguing us and destroying our great nation?!? Where did it go wrong and what can we do to stop this plague?

I love Nigerians and Nigeria!

Proudly Nigerian!
Re: Nigeria Belongs To All Of Us, Not Just The Elites - Let's Fight The Power.. by Callotti: 5:39pm On Mar 15, 2012
I dash you my portion of Nigeria.
Enjoy your fight.
Who wanno die for Nigeria for Satan's sake?
Please, adopt another country, so your children can have the ONLY chance of being decent human beings.
No need to fight for a geographical 'junk yard' populated by procreating imbe-ciles.
Re: Nigeria Belongs To All Of Us, Not Just The Elites - Let's Fight The Power.. by bittyend(m): 6:01pm On Mar 15, 2012
I dash you my portion of Nigeria.
Enjoy your fight.
Who wanno die for Nigeria for Satan's sake?
Please, adopt another country, so your children can have the ONLY chance of being decent human beings.
No need to fight for a geographical 'junk yard' populated by procreating imbe-ciles.

"No need to fight for a geographical 'junk yard' populated by procreating imbe-ciles" - I hear that! Imbe-ciles slobbing over pastors in churches and Imams in mosques waiting for God and Allah to come down and save them - whilst the scamming pastors are getting richer and bigger - and Boko harams are gettin 177777virgins grin grin grin

Where's your portion, fam?? I won't mind taking it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Belongs To All Of Us, Not Just The Elites - Let's Fight The Power.. by OIbhagui(m): 5:20am On Mar 16, 2012
I agree with you 100%.Are you in Lagos? Pls check out and join The Intellectual Society on Facebook. I also do favour having an alternative to Nigeria as I've suffered too much here; but my attempt made me lose everything I had on earth remaining hope and abilities which are innate.

I do not believe in the interpretation of the God that Nigerians do, pitching me against everyone I know. In a conventional sense you would say I don't believe in God. I have been a ''born-again'' as a boy between 1985 and '87 and I am very familiar with the bible. I am also a student of history and current affairs. I can tell you that if there were no observance of any religion in this country, the country would not be as bad as it is at the moment. Only a hypocrite would not agree that the islamic religion is a threat to world peace, progress and harmony. But the reason for that is not just found in the tenets themselves. The tenets of christianity is also just as bad. Problem is that at the time christianity was at this barbarous stage, man had little means to wreak as much damage on the world as we do today with advances in technology. So they did their worst until they realised that it couldn't work that way. Do you realise the kind of power the Pope had for over 1000 years until recently? Christians today largely do not follow the letter of their religion; if they did, they would be like muslims. I'd like to remind you that there are other religions in the eastern civilizations that I respect. They have as many adherents as christians or muslims but they're peaceful.

The only hope for this country can only yield some fruits if we start now and in 30-50 years' time we would see the dividends. But guess what: we've refused to start! We're still arguing that that's not the way. The way out is education. 90% of our universities should be shut. They're actually causing us problems because the ignorant and narrow-minded people they churn out then get an impression that they're wise. They contribute NOTHING to the true development of the nation. We should focus on primary and secondary education for the masses and with an emphasis on teaching them how to think. You have in the 21st century access to unlimited knowledge on the internet if only you use it.

There is NO western education. That phrase is invented to discourage people from educating themselves and thereby freeing themselves from mental slavery under which they're subjugated. Similarly there's no Islamic education.It is an oxymoron! How can you educate someone by asking them to memorise a gigantic book filled with your dogmas. If Mohammed were to start his religion today, the laws that they'r committing suicide for would be different(e.g stoning of human beings, cutting of hands and feet with swords). So how is that divine? The very essence of education is to be able to free you from being beholden to any dogma. I have been unfortunate in my life but there are two things I am still grateful about: 1: I was born in a christian/non-religiously active environment in which case I could afford independent thought if I so desired(my family is now also caught in the miracle craze of the moment in Nigerian christian religion), 2: I was born into a country where the english language is used, hence it was a lot easier to access the knowledge I have. It by no means applies to everyone, please don't forget that.You criticize aspects of your religion in some muslim countries you pay with your freedom or even your life; officially sanctioned.

I have contacted some known names in Nigeria to help me make my message known to Nigerians but they did not respond. I am born into a poor and ignorant environment and I have no real friends because no one really truly understands me. That's the kind of price you pay when you know too much in an ignorant environment. I could write 10 books on the problems of Nigeria and the world and it would not be enough to fully express what I feel.

There are people out there my friend who know things and are unknown and are even suffering physically. I'm sure you're not one of us.
Re: Nigeria Belongs To All Of Us, Not Just The Elites - Let's Fight The Power.. by OIbhagui(m): 5:23am On Mar 16, 2012
The only God that exists is manifest in 1: The laws of nature, 2: That little voice inside of you(conscience)

Discover and be in harmony with both and you're truly free
Re: Nigeria Belongs To All Of Us, Not Just The Elites - Let's Fight The Power.. by papatosibe: 6:54am On Mar 16, 2012
Not interested.

Why fight the power when I am only a few years from joining the ranks of the so called Cabal. Why change the status quo now? Kindly postpone your revolution a few years for the sake of my future Swiss account[b]s[/b]. . .after my turn at lootocracy, please feel free to fight, for as long as you want to.

(1) (Reply)

How Can Jonathan Prosecute His Girlfriend??her Toto Still Sweet Fisherman Joo / Photo Of Today: President Goodluck Weeps At Dana Air Crash Site / How Powerful is "Tony Aninih"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.