Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) (19400 Views)

Poll: Best place to live in the Eastern Nigeria

Enugu: 52% (41 votes)
Port Hacourt: 7% (6 votes)
Owerri: 26% (21 votes)
Awka: 2% (2 votes)
Calabar: 10% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

I Will Relocate Back To East If Apc Win Lagos State Again- Ifeduba / Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo / Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by MrEverest(m): 10:58pm On Mar 18, 2012
port Harcourt would have been it except that it is anything but quiet especially that Aba road that is chaotic as Lagos can be, i think its a close call between Owerri and Enugu. while Owerri is neat and beautiful and equally has an area called new Owerri which can be compared with any advanced country, the city equally boast of five star hotels and nice clubs. Enugu equally has most of these features and a brand new shoprite. cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by MrEverest(m): 11:05pm On Mar 18, 2012
ndahbros1: @ OP:

PORT HARCOURT IS NOT AN EASTERN CITY.
IT IS IN THE SOUTH-SOUTH OF NIGERIA.
Are you a dumb ass? the poster said a city in the East, did you ATTEND GEOGRAPHY class at all, MUGU.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by MrEverest(m): 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2012
drnoel: I was raised in Lagos, but schooled and worked in most of the south -East, south-southern states. So I got 2 know most of these palces very well. I would recommend owerri cos of its peace and quiet and if its fun u want, the city rocks, the girls are fine and willing. U'd have a ball there if u got a nice car and some cash 2 burn. Aba was nice, but their nightlife can't be compared 2 owerri, besides Aba city has some crude things about it. I won't recommend u live in aba, but if u stay in Owerri u can always go 2 aba or PH to party (we used 2 do that a lot). Calabar and Uyo was where most of my friends while we where in the University a long time ago lost their Virginity. This places will take ur breathe away, life is very nice there but too dull and slow 4 a guy like me who grew-up in Lagos. Their party life is just nice, but the girls, men the girls. That was an experience.
Enugu, can be fun too, and I actually enjoyed a few moments there. If its drinking u want 2 do, then Enugu is the place. If its party and girls, em may be u try another place. Awka and Umuahia, really should not be in the map at all. Its depressing to go to those places. Nothing is happening there, u'd regret it if you go to live there (with all due respect 2 guys that are from there). Onitsha, is another drinking town, night life is not just there.
I don't know about Warri, Delta,or Benin.
they are not in the east
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by chino11(m): 12:07am On Mar 19, 2012
[b]drnoel: I was raised in Lagos, but schooled and worked in most of the south -East, south-southern states. So I got 2 know most of these palces very well. I would recommend owerri cos of its peace and quiet and if its fun u want, the city rocks, the girls are fine and willing. U'd have a ball there if u got a nice car and some cash 2 burn. Aba was nice, but their nightlife can't be compared 2 owerri, besides Aba city has some crude things about it. I won't recommend u live in aba, but if u stay in Owerri u can always go 2 aba or PH to party (we used 2 do that a lot). Calabar and Uyo was where most of my friends while we where in the University a long time ago lost their Virginity. This places will take ur breathe away, life is very nice there but too dull and slow 4 a guy like me who grew-up in Lagos. Their party life is just nice, but the girls, men the girls. That was an experience.
Enugu, can be fun too, and I actually enjoyed a few moments there. If its drinking u want 2 do, then Enugu is the place. If its party and girls, em may be u try another place. Awka and Umuahia, really should not be in the map at all. Its depressing to go to those places. Nothing is happening there, u'd regret it if you go to live there (with all due respect 2 guys that are from there). Onitsha, is another drinking town, night life is not just there.
I don't know about Warri, Delta,or Benin.
[/b]

You can say that about Umuahia but not Awka. The huge number of hotels and hospitality industry in Awka far more outweighs what you have in Umuahia, also there are good number of nite clubs in Awka due high population of students and civil servants. So I will recommend cities as Awka, Enugu, Owerri, Calabar, PH for jolly and relaxation. I recommend, Onitsha and PH, these are two cities that can compete with lagos when it comes to economic activities.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by donwill: 11:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
give it to enugu.when it comes to serenity,calmness,beauty,inspirational,motivaltional,hospitability and good indastructures.Enugu is no1 in the east,no city will compet that with her.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by bashr8: 1:46am On Jul 06, 2012
Logic Mind: Onitsha is the best place to be in the east if you hate boredom. All those other places may look good but they are full of lazy boring people. You may like it the first few weeks but afterwards, the law of diminishing return sets in. In Onitsha, there's always something happening somewhere, always something to do. Very easy to make money. Your offsprings brought up in onitsha are generally wiser than their counterparts in every other city.

So, if you want a live city, go to onitsha. If you want a retirement home, go to enugu or calabar.
said a peaceful city and not a chaotic city .
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by bashr8: 1:51am On Jul 06, 2012
ndahbros1: @ OP:

PORT HARCOURT IS NOT AN EASTERN CITY.
IT IS IN THE SOUTH-SOUTH OF NIGERIA.
mugu
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by bashr8: 2:03am On Jul 06, 2012
op your talking about enugu , if ur thinking of doing buisness then you can consider owerri and asaba too cus they are all close to commercial cities like aba and onitsha so u can easily go do buisness and come back by afternoon without stress . i would have have recommended calabar too but its an isolated city , the nearest cities to it are hours apart and not much commercial activities going on there.come join us in enugu you wont regret it, it might be too quiet for u if ur coming from lagos or ph but when u start making new friends or get married and start raising your kids you will appreciate this lovely town ,its as if it was built for families and also bachelors cus there are plenty of beautiful well brought up educated girls to choose from (especially igbo,efik and ibibio girls wink).
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by bestview: 6:20am On Jul 06, 2012
Awka is a quiet serene good place to raise family.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Fellydonis(m): 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
Owerri on point!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Paid N5000 Each For Lagos Walk- PDP / Buhari Arrives Abuja After Anti-corruption Summit In London(photos) / Tafawa Balewa Was Not Killed By Soldiers: Mbu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.