Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) (19403 Views)

Poll: Best place to live in the Eastern Nigeria

Enugu: 52% (41 votes)
Port Hacourt: 7% (6 votes)
Owerri: 26% (21 votes)
Awka: 2% (2 votes)
Calabar: 10% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

I Will Relocate Back To East If Apc Win Lagos State Again- Ifeduba / Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo / Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2012
Port Harcourt is boring. ENUGU is the place, my guy..not as much entertainment as Owerri but it is still the place.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by ZUBY77(m): 3:03pm On Mar 17, 2012
Wow! So much good marks for Enugu. I am already falling in love with the city.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Afam4eva(m): 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2012
Enugu is the place to be. It has all these fun spots and recreational centers but this hasn't affected it's calm nature. Enugu is really unique. I hope to move there one day.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by ndahbros1: 3:29pm On Mar 17, 2012
@ OP:

PORT HARCOURT IS NOT AN EASTERN CITY.
IT IS IN THE SOUTH-SOUTH OF NIGERIA.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by ak47mann(m): 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2012
ndahbros1: @ OP:

and who cares,can you define the meaning of SS in geographical form? cool

4 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On Mar 17, 2012

PH is in the east so it's an eastern city. There's no such thing as SS.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 17, 2012
I'll advise you to relocate to enugu state. I'm from Imo state, born and bred in PH, but I won't lie, Enugu is a nice place to relax your mind and soul. If you love clubbing, brothels, general oringo (8 hours paroles, toscana etc), enugu state get am wella! Besides, the most beautiful girls in the south-south and east are found in enugu state. Fact!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by otokx(m): 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2012
^^^Port Harcourt is not in the East but in the South South
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Afam4eva(m): 4:20pm On Mar 17, 2012
otokx: ^^^Port Harcourt is not in the East but in the South South

This idiocy has to stop. How is PH that's a one hour drive from Aba not in the east.

4 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by LogicMind: 5:00pm On Mar 17, 2012
freecocoa: So you call picking pockets at the slightest chance,smoking igbo,drinking recklessly,womanizing,inability to make one complete and correct sentence in english,no zeal for education, spending money with reckless abandon,teenage pregnancy etc being wise?hmm i must be missing something.undecided

Living through that makes you very wise.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Abagworo(m): 5:00pm On Mar 17, 2012
afam4eva:

This idiocy has to stop. How is PH that's a one hour drive from Aba not in the east.

The problem is that some people think East means Igbo. Igboland is South central Nigeria cut into two by the River Niger. Southeast is Cross River/ Akwa Ibom while Southernmost is Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa. The East includes major parts of Igboland, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Rooneyboy(m): 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2012
Sam Milla: I have been to all the cities you mentioned and i would recommend Enugu for you. Well it is the capital of the old eastern region. The best shopping mall in the country, the shoprite, opened late last year and trust me, it is far better than 80% of European malls. Then the Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium which hosts Enugu Rangers also hosted Nigeria 99 U20 World cup and Nigeria 2009 U17 World cup. The Akanu Ibiam International Airport is about 5 Minutes drive from the city center. UNTHospital and Niger Foundation hospitals boast of the best Doctors in the Country. The road networks are second only to Abuja with street lights everywhere. I even drive until 2am without headlamps. Ojukwus, Ekweremmadus, Peter Obis etc all live there. Dora Akunyili, Jim Nwobodo, Ken Nnamani and many more all live in this quiet heaven.
You can enter the city by road through double laned express from Awka, from PH and from Abakiliki. The highlight of the city is that it is very calm and well planned by British colo masters. Welcome to Coal city.
Absolutely brilliant post.
Enugu is just a place to be in.

2 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Afam4eva(m): 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2012
Logic Mind:

Living through that makes you very wise.

I think strong is the word not wise.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Rooneyboy(m): 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2012
I presently do work in lagos
As a matter of fact was born and bred in lag but I crave so desperately for a transfer to enugu.
Enugu is just awesome , I'm well traveled (within nigeria) and I make bold to tell u mr poster that enugu is about the only state that would give u atleast 23 hours light daily.
Generator is nonexistent there.
Whilst I was observing my leave in january this year enugu was where I observed it.
My man, pls go to enugu and have rest of mind.
As for PH, hmmm , don't really want to pour out what I've got in my mind about that place.
PH IS SIMPLY OVERRATTED

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Ozonna(m): 5:58pm On Mar 17, 2012
I miss Enugu. I'm praying and walking towards starting a bizness in Enugu and leaving Lagos for good. That town's lovely.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by EzePromoe: 6:10pm On Mar 17, 2012
PH is a nice place only for bad roads & high cost of living. Awka & Owerri are good places but too cold. I prefer Enugu.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Ndjones(m): 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2012
I think u should try ABA the Enyimba City. If u want some entertaining football, go to Enyimba Stadium and get some from the People's Elephant. For shop u don't have wahala, we have Asa Shopping Plaza, Ariria Int'l Market, Ahia Ohuru. Fun/clubbing Binez Hotels, Mickey GH. So Aba is the ideal place.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Eifeh(m): 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2012
042 is the place to be, enugu state obudo oyibo.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by BlackPikiN(m): 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2012
Enugu is the place. I love Enugu!

Stayed in the coal city briefly.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by BlackPikiN(m): 6:50pm On Mar 17, 2012
Ndjones: I think u should try ABA the Enyimba City. If u want some entertaining football, go to Enyimba Stadium and get some from the People's Elephant. For shop u don't have wahala, we have Asa Shopping Plaza, Ariria Int'l Market, Ahia Ohuru. Fun/clubbing Binez Hotels, Mickey GH. So Aba is the ideal place.

I lived briefly in Aba as well. Those guys love football like say dem dey Europe!
All matches that involves Enyimba dey make the town dey shake!

Yeah lots of malls and everything dey Aba, dem get nice quiet neighborhoods too. But Aba na Lagos part 2.

The infrastructural decay in some part of the city dey worrisome!
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by drerocker: 6:56pm On Mar 17, 2012
Bross try warri or ughelli u go tnk God well weell
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by kroxx(m): 7:02pm On Mar 17, 2012
@ Poster: the city that meets all your conditions and more IMO is Enugu, good road network check,security check,clean and nice environment check. A nice place to raise kids yes.Hospitals with qualified doctors yes.A pragmatic and visionary government yes.Shopping malls yes Polo Park shopping mall,Robans,Ancestors.A functional airport.Enugu is practically the new Lagos without the stench,stress and traffic of Lagos. Port Harcourt would have been ideal but PH is choked,traffic and security concerns are also issues.Ignore Awka.Owerri comes a distant second and UYO and CALABAR are really not the South East.In all spend a few days in all the cities you intend to stay.Wish u all the best.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by manchy7531: 7:02pm On Mar 17, 2012

you need to go back to school.if elele,port harcourt that is just the next door neighbour of owerri is not in the east so where is it.you are still been deceived by the Nigerian political geography.i pity you.

By the way,let me ask you mumu. what makes imo.abia,anambra,enugu,ebonyi more eastern than cross river,akwa ibom and rivers?
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by jbaur24: 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2012
I go for Awka, Enugu, Yenogoa, Uyo, Calabar because of the quiet and serene nature of these place for relaxation. PH, Onitsha will be the most viable for economic reason outside lagos.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by ak47mann(m): 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2012
Very true enugu has a very solid road networks couple with the polo park malls is not a bad place to live and relax and they got enough clubs and hotels and i have experiences steady electricity in enugu you will not know that you are in nigeria,the hills and quietness is what made enugu unique cool

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by martinkem(m): 9:52pm On Mar 17, 2012
If you are relocating from Lagos then the place for you is Port Harcourt.Owerri is cool but not as developed as Port Harcourt.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Onlytruth(m): 4:09am On Mar 18, 2012
OP it depends on what you are looking for, but I would suggest Enugu or Owerri as places you can stay to calm down first, think and then decide. I have not been to Calabar or Uyo, so I wouldn't know enough to advise you. The two towns (Enugu and Owerri) also have airports for easy access in and out. I would also recommend Asaba because of similar reasons, and I may even recommend it more because of its proximity to Onitsha, a major commercial city.
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by ikeyman00(m): 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2012
@@@

im loving this thread

let the yaribas know the east arent as bad as some sh it hole in lipsrsealed

like the way some people try to set the boundaries

nice try!!

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by Shokoloko(f): 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2012
port harcourt traffic is mad. from 6.30am to 10am and from 7pm to 10pm. PH air is bad because of the many industries. Ph rain is acidic, it destroys your car paint. cost of living is high. I love enugu Roban stoes in enugu makes you feel like your in norwich england and not to talk of shoprite. your safe there. you can drive around at 1am. no issues

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by ACM10: 7:28pm On Mar 18, 2012
freecocoa: So you call picking pockets at the slightest chance,smoking igbo,drinking recklessly,womanizing,inability to make one complete and correct sentence in english,[size=20pt][/b]no zeal for education[b][/size], spending money with reckless abandon,teenage pregnancy etc being wise?hmm i must be missing something.undecided

Did u say whaaat?!

Really u are missing something.

Onitsha boasts of DMGS, CKC, Saint Charles Special Science School, QRC etc.

I've never lived in academics conscious city as Onitsha. Apart from business, Onitsha is also the powerhouse learning in Anambra.

Students that did their primary and secondary education at Onitsha, on average are above their counterparts from other parts of country(visit the top tiers universities in the east and the country to confirm this).

Your comment shows that u have a warped outlook of Onitsha.

Onitsha is not all about business. It also leads in academics(think of Chike Obi, Emeagwalis, Ikpeazus, etc).

I will advise you to enrol your kids in schools at Onitsha during their primary and secondary school level.

Your children will be grateful to u for your wise decision when they enters university
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by merengue: 7:54pm On Mar 18, 2012
@Poster: Owerri is only to be visited and not lived in. Its a dead town business wise and only has nightlife, hotels and chicks (They are over plenty). I will advise you to choose Enugu,unlike most other major cities, its driven by a mixture of government (like 70%) and private investments (like 30%). Its quiet (a bit too much depending on where you are coming from), serene, clean, not too rowdy and has modern amenities. PHC is a no no (Its a very poor imitation of Lasgidi).
Re: Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) by MrEverest(m): 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2012
tigerleggs: East ke! It's already filled up. That why the Ibos are leaving their ancestral land en mass for space. Why not try Maiduguri, Bauchi, Kano or any of the Bokoland. It's lively with Xmas bangers(bombs) and Barca Boys(Bokoboys) I've made reservations for you.
you are a mad man lol grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Must The Next President Be A Northerner? / Atiku Has Qualifications To Become A Customs Officer Not "President" - Keyamo / June 12: It’s National Tragedy Celebrating Democracy Day Under Buhari – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.