Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria (39299 Views)

Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by DeepZone: 4:21am On Sep 01, 2008
Get away.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Ibime(m): 10:45am On Sep 01, 2008
I think the whole of Southern Nigeria has a healthy and probably equal attitude to education. . . but I believe Ekiti and Imo states are top dollar when it comes to book.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Riskie(f): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2008
Ibime:

I think the whole of Southern Nigeria has a healthy and probably equal attitude to education. . . but I believe Ekiti and Imo states are top dollar when it comes to book.

Here we go again with the whole North/South divide. undecided
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Ibime(m): 12:30am On Sep 03, 2008
Riskie:

Here we go again with the whole North/South divide. undecided

Facts is facts. Should I cover the truth just to appease you? Go and check JAMB results. . . . Imo State alone has more university entrants than the whole North put together. . . .
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by DeepZone: 2:29am On Sep 03, 2008

Facts is facts. Should I cover the truth just to appease you? Go and check JAMB results. . . . Imo State alone has more university entrants than the whole North put together. . .

(Sarc), Wonder what else they do in Imo state apart from going to the library.

Lmo(tongue in cheek sha).
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by blackspade(m): 2:38am On Sep 03, 2008
gịnị? Why is everyone always dogging us Igbos out? angry We're all Nigerians, why do we always keep this stupid tribal division!
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by sima(f): 6:19am On Sep 03, 2008
@poster I [size=90pt]AGREE[/size] WIT YOU cheesy TRUE
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by romeo(m): 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2008
DeepZone:

Get away.

Are you foolish?
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by DeepZone: 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2008
Are you foolish?
Meaning??
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by kojeiwa(m): 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2008
Ibime:

Facts is facts. Should I cover the truth just to appease you? Go and check JAMB results. . . . Imo State alone has more university entrants than the whole North put together. . . .

I don't think we should judge the most Educated by the number of those who passed Jamb,

rather by the number of those who Graduated. An Igbo man can easily be encouraged to

go into business or travel abroad rather than struggling to get into the University. It's get rich

quick or die trying for an Igbo Man.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Queenisha: 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2008
kojeiwa:

I don't think we should judge the most Educated by the number of those who passed Jamb,

rather by the number of those who Graduated. An Igbo man can easily be encouraged to

go into business or travel abroad rather than struggling to get into the University. It's get rich

what's with all these stupid generalizations.
get rich quick kwa?
says who?
Is there a tribe in Nigeria that hates riches
tell me one

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by kojeiwa(m): 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2008
There is generalization with every tribe. Igbo are that they like money too much,

Yoruba are that they are often dirty

Binis are that the girls go to Italy for prostitution and so on.

So don't even trip
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by DeepZone: 12:00am On Sep 04, 2008

There is generalization with every tribe. Igbo are that they like money too much,

Yoruba are that they are often dirty

Binis are that the girls go to Italy for prostitution and so on.

So don't even tri

Since you know that all these generalizations are not true, why dispute Ibime's well documented evidence with a mere stereotype? In case you haven't heard,

ibos do money juju,
Yoruba women give it up anywhere whether it's under the stair case, hood, back seat, behind the church, first date,
ijebu women are grossly wicked and fetish,
hausa men are gay,
Tiv women look masculine,
ibo women have mustache,
Yoruba women do not wear underwears and are pigs(wonder why our men were not included in this stereotype)
Ijaws tend their male visitors with their teenage daughters or sisters.
Calabar women are docile and can cook and kiss your ass forever etc
Ekiti women are wayward

So, based on that list above, will you conclude that a girl must be yoruba and not ibo or calabar because your friend told you he slept with her on top of his trunk?
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by romeo(m): 5:40am On Sep 05, 2008
kojeiwa:

What a foolish boy!! Jamb is not Visa. People sit for Jamb because they want admision into universities. Igbo people that can not afford higher education go into Buisness or travel even to Chad and they do not end up like their Yoruba counterparts "Area Boys" roaming the streets from January to December all year

Education is not all about book, knowing your responsibilities is also part of being educated and your Area Boys definitely lack that. 99.9% of Igbo men are responsible!!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Mimkwase: 11:20am On Sep 20, 2008
This cud be true, but bare in mind there tends to be more of them, with the exception of the Hausa's and Ibo's
it would be pointless to compare such a big tribe whose members can be found on every corner of the universe to various
other tribes in our country. The comparison is not valid, as I said before there is more of them. Its as simple as
that.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by WarfyBoy(m): 9:06pm On Sep 20, 2008
TO BE FRANK THEY ARE AND ALSO THE MOST STUPID PIPO IN 9JA

No be me talk am, na so e be
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by timbabng(m): 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2008
Warfy Boy:

TO BE FRANK THEY ARE AND ALSO THE MOST STUPID PIPO IN 9JA

No be me talk am, na so e be

. . . e no be your fault at all, i checked your profile and i immediately understood how poorly enlightened you must be! Pele
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by chika98: 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2008
Yes but not the most polished though grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by MeGaStReEt: 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2008
@Timba

Wetin be your props, y ur teet dey shake na?

Pesin kno fit talk im mind again

shoooooooooooo
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by eleshin(m): 12:17am On Sep 23, 2008
[b]very funny topic!it will be funnier if i contribute.i will just advise that we shudnt limit our premises of argument to just one stat.it goes beyond that there are so many statistics that affirm the topic and there are some that deny it,all i know is that immediately after the colonial era till the seventies the yoruba were more educated but many of them end up in the public sector,the northerners took to defense sector(military) while the ibo pple out of both curiousity and the urge to be succesfull financially took to business.But that has change since the late 70s/early 80s,the ibos are master in everything they put their mind into while the yorubas are naturally egoistic,they believe they are the best that is why they wants to acquire education not as a means to make money but for self esteem and pride.in all the yorubas still remain the most educated tribe without putting their education into practice,they prefer working in the local government secretariat with their degree than exploring their talent in the turbulence world of business.[/b]
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by KekeJolade(f): 8:45pm On Sep 28, 2008
@ najia_ diva
are u serious that they are going to outshine everyone. rubbish
they are juss hustlers and are bent on making a living any way they know how.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by KekeJolade(f): 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2008
plus yes they are the most educated. im not juss saying it because im yoruba and saying it because it is a fact. know ur history. grin cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Sisikill: 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2008
Hi hagree with this topic. Yorubas hare the most heducated of hall the tribes hin Nigeria. The way they talk his sweet hin my hears, when they come to my ouse, I like to sit down on my cusin siar hand liszen to them talk hall day, hespecially when we have sicken. . . fried sicken not roasted and minerals.

Hour talks range from Hintellectual like the philosophy of Haristotle hand Enything with Harithmetic to the Hordinary like Harmani, Esh & Ehm dezigns. Hi can't cunt the amunt of time they make me laugh with their himpressive knowledge hof hall they know.

They know Heverything, Heverything I say!

Ow Hi love the Yorubas.  kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by DeepZone: 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2008
Hi hagree with this topic. Yorubas hare the most heducated of hall the tribes hin Nigeria. The way they talk his sweet hin my hears, when they come to my ouse, I like to sit down on my cusin siar hand liszen to them talk hall day, hespecially when we have sicken. . . fried sicken not roasted and minerals.

Hour talks range from Hintellectual like the philosophy of Haristotle hand Enything with Harithmetic to the Hordinary like Harmani, Esh & Ehm dezigns. Hi can't cunt the amunt of time they make me laugh with their himpressive knowledge hof hall they know.

Ow Hi love the Yorubas.

Here the tribalists come again making mockery of the yoruba accent as if they are just joking. you and I know that there is an understone in that joke. Lay it off abeg. undecided undecided
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by debosky(m): 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2008
Sisikill:

Ow Hi love the Yorubas. kiss kiss kiss kiss
that is an ilarious hexample of yoruba hinglish grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by KekeJolade(f): 9:26pm On Sep 28, 2008
@ siskill
dats juss imature and stupid. ahh haters. U can hate on us all u want we are worth it.
i not even trying 2 be mean or nothing ,we even shouldnt be like dis we are all nigerians.
But if u want 2 make fun of us im going 2 defend my people. Simple as dat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2008
KekeJolade:

@ siskill
that is juss imature and stupid. ahh haters. U can hate on us all u want we are worth it.
i not even trying 2 be mean or nothing ,we even shouldnt be like this we are all nigerians.
But if u want 2 make fun of us I'm going 2 defend my people. Simple as that.
LMAO!!!!
Pele, Sisikill is just being sarcastic. And who are you referring to as "us"? Because the last time I checked, Sisikill was yoruba too. grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by KekeJolade(f): 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2008
@ ibime
Agree grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by debosky(m): 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2008
@ onyinye

some folk are just too tightly wound, relax and enjoy the joke! cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 9:29pm On Sep 28, 2008
onyinye2:

LMAO!!!!
Pele, Sisikill is just being sarcastic. And who are you referring to as "us"? Because the last time I checked, Sisikill was yoruba too. grin

I've warned sisi to stop being sarcastic many times on NL. The concept of sarcasm sincerely FLIES over the people here. It's embarrassing to watch. Unless she enjoys having to explain to dimwits that she's playing around.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by KekeJolade(f): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2008
@ onyinye2
lol watever
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2008
debosky:

@ onyinye
some folk are just too tightly wound, relax and enjoy the joke!  cheesy
Im 100% enjoying the joke. I mean it was CLEARLY shown that she was being sarcastic. grin

KarmaMod:

I've warned sisi to stop being sarcastic many times on NL. The concept of sarcasm sincerely FLIES over the people here. It's embarrassing to watch. Unless she enjoys having to explain to dimwits that she's playing around.
I'm sorry but I had to break it down to the girl, cause I'm mean it was OBVIOUS she was just being sarcastic. grin Unless it takes a genius to understand undecided

KekeJolade:

@ onyinye2
lol watever
Esogbuna{don't worry}. We all have our days. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Badirat Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo’s Wife Matriculates (Photos) / The Eight Most Powerful Women Inside The Aláàfin Of Ọyọ’s Palace That You Never / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.