Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria (39314 Views)

Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by tope2000(f): 9:37pm On Sep 28, 2008
i agree cool grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by omoge(f): 9:40pm On Sep 28, 2008
sisikill pa mi le rin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 28, 2008
Literacy depends on each individual jor.
Just b/c one person from one race/tribe decides to be stupid does not mean the others are stupid as well.

As for yoruba being the most educated, I'll need proof o
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by KekeJolade(f): 11:58pm On Sep 28, 2008
[td]Ruby_Pearl
Literacy depends on each individual jor.
Just b/c one person from one race/tribe decides to be stupid does not mean the others are stupid as well.[/td]

[td]Quote from: KarmaMod on Today at 09:29:12 PM
I've warned sisi to stop being sarcastic many times on NL. The concept of sarcasm sincerely FLIES over the people here. It's embarrassing to watch. Unless she enjoys having to explain to dimwits that she's playing around.[/td]

Please stop insulting me and focus on the topic. undecided
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 29, 2008
KekeJolade:

Please stop insulting me and focus on the topic. undecided
am sure my ID got pasted by accident embarassed embarassed
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 12:38am On Sep 29, 2008
You're just one of the many I insulted so you berra go and sit down.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by KekeJolade(f): 2:00am On Sep 29, 2008
Gosh i had one of those days. i apologize for my rudeness watever u want 2 call it. Give your opinion on the topic and stop commenting about me. undecided
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Sisikill: 2:05am On Sep 29, 2008
@ KarmaMod
Rotflmao! I am trying to, honestly I am. . . Okay, I'll put more effort. cheesy

@ DeepZone
Lmao! Me a tribalist? Hare you looking for somebody to join your haboki ating parry? Oney, the day hi hincite ate hand hanger hon hanother uman being with my words like you do ere heveryday, his the day you can call me a tribalist, Huntil then henjoy your position as the ead tribalist, stateist, languageist hand whatever hist you can hadd to the list.

@Kekejolade
Relass my sixter, hi meant no arm habeg. Hit his hall hin good fun o. More blezzings to you hand yours hand hevery one hof hus from Nigeria, ea great nation with himmesurable hand hunsurpassed beauty.

Heverybody please take hit heasy, hit his not that serious.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by KekeJolade(f): 2:17am On Sep 29, 2008
@sisikill

Lol I will let u go on that one again. All jokes and no harm i guess.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by TheSly: 2:22am On Sep 29, 2008
Sisikill:

@ KarmaMod
Rotflmao! I am trying to, honestly I am. . . Okay, I'll put more effort. cheesy

@ DeepZone
Lmao! Me a tribalist? Hare you looking for somebody to join your haboki ating parry? Oney, the day hi hincite ate hand hanger hon hanother uman being with my words like you do ere heveryday, his the day you can call me a tribalist, Huntil then henjoy your position as the ead tribalist, stateist, languageist hand whatever hist you can hadd to the list.

@Kekejolade
Relass my sixter, hi meant no arm habeg. Hit his hall hin good fun o. More blezzings to you hand yours hand hevery one hof hus from Nigeria, ea great nation with himmesurable hand hunsurpassed beauty.

Heverybody please take hit heasy, hit his not that serious.
Sisikill yi o gbadun rara-rara!
Ewo ni gbogbo eleyi? O fe fo ori mi ni? cheesy

Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria
All These tribalist shit is one of the main reason Nigeria is where it is today.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by DeepZone: 4:54am On Sep 29, 2008
All These tribalist shit is one of the main reason Nigeria is where it is today.
So true.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by DeepZone: 4:55am On Sep 29, 2008

@ DeepZone

God knows I love the hausas. I just hate the activities of their few elites in our national business.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by MCUsman(m): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2008
DeepZone:

God knows I love the hausas.

undecided
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2008
MC USMAN!!

U BELEIVE DAT?? DUBIOUS

i know them all 419ners lipsrsealed
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Ifygurl: 11:19pm On Oct 01, 2008
It depends on each individuals
I can point out dumb yorubas(I.E: Obsanjo) and smart yorubas(I.E: Soyinka)
Just like i can point out dumb igbo(I.E: Chimaroke) and smart igbos(I.E: Azikiwe, Emeagwali, and me).
I can also point out dumb Hausa(I.E: Abacha) and smart hausas(I.E: My friend).

Everyone is smart.
And for the rest of you trabilist, why don't you do us all a favor and kill yourself. Please. This world will be better without you guys in it.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by romeo(m): 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2008
Ifygurl:

It depends on each individuals
I can point out dumb yorubas(I.E: Obsanjo) and smart yorubas(I.E: Soyinka)
Just like i can point out dumb igbo[b](I.E: Chimaroke) [/b]and smart igbos(I.E: Azikiwe, Emeagwali, and me).
I can also point out dumb Hausa(I.E: Abacha) and smart hausas(I.E: My friend).

Everyone is smart.
And for the rest of you trabilist, why don't you do us all a favor and kill yourself. Please. This world will be better without you guys in it.

LoL!!! Chimaroke is really dumb cheesy cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by JustGood(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2008
stupid tribalistic people are antagonising themselves instead of joining forces against the looters of their treasury who always connive to impoverish them
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2008
I have been seeing this topic for some days but I decided not to contribute, as I see it as another version of the ubiquitous ethnic jingoism that is fast becoming the hallmark of Nairaland.

However, if objectively done, I don't think there is anything wrong in commenting on which is the most educated tribe in Nigeria, inasmuch as abusive words are not used.

In this light here is my take on this topic, based on experience, observations and facts I know:

1. Yoruba are the most educated people in Nigeria closely followed by Igbo. My sole criteria here is percentage that are schooled, and got to higher academic levels.
2, Hausa are also coming up. With the current trend, they may close the gap in the next 50 years. But definitely can't overtake Yoruba.
3, Despite the fact that more Yoruba are schooled than Igbo, Igbo today matches, if not ahead of, Yoruba in terms of world-class scholars.
Igbo seems to be producing more World-class scholars than Yoruba in recent times. In the literary world for example, Soyinka is more world-class than any other Nigerian, but if we give Soyinka first position, the next 3 or 4 positions will be taken by Igbos in Achebe, Ekwensi etc. Honourable mention to the north's Abubakar Gimba.
In Economics, the nation's finests are also Igbo in Soludo,Okonjo Iweala,ezekweli etc, although Yorubaman Sam Aluko was the reference point in Economic scholarship in the 70's through 80's. Today, Igbos rule.

What of Emegwali? Do Yorubas have a match for him? Chimamanda, much as I hate her, is another rep for Igbo.

So let me conclude by saying while Yoruba value education more than any other tribe and are ready to spend their last penny to get their children educated, head to head Igbo beats any other tribe in terms of world class brains.

PS: I'm a proud but detribalized Yoruba. But I don't let tribal sentiments override my analysis. Most times, I've had to defend the Hausas on NL , not because I'm one of them but because most of their critics, Deepzone and Queenisha in particular, do so without objectivity.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by romeo(m): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2008
Please na you get your mouth!! How come Soyinka is more world class than Achebe? Things Fall Apart has no rival in Africa!!

How did you count the number of educated Yorubas and that of others? Detribalized indeed!!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Ifygurl: 5:00am On Oct 04, 2008
romeo:

LoL!!! Chimaroke is really dumb cheesy cheesy

To me, his really dumb. His be doctor but wetin his doctor degree do when he was governoring Enugu? Nothing sha. Doctor my ass, the guy would be better as a farmer than a doctor.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 3:15pm On Oct 04, 2008
I have been seeing this topic for some days but I decided not to contribute, as I see it as another version of the ubiquitous ethnic jingoism that is fast becoming the hallmark of Nairaland.

However, if objectively done, I don't think there is anything wrong in commenting on which is the most educated tribe in Nigeria, inasmuch as abusive words are not used.

In this light here is my take on this topic, based on experience, observations and facts I know:

1. Yoruba are the most educated people in Nigeria closely followed by Igbo. My sole criteria here is percentage that are schooled, and got to higher academic levels.
2, Hausa are also coming up. With the current trend, they may close the gap in the next 50 years. But definitely can't overtake Yoruba.
3, Despite the fact that more Yoruba are schooled than Igbo, Igbo  today matches, if not ahead of, Yoruba in terms of world-class scholars.
Igbo seems to be producing more World-class scholars than Yoruba in recent times.  In the literary world for example, Soyinka is more world-class than any other Nigerian, but if we give Soyinka first position, the next 3 or 4 positions will be taken by Igbos in Achebe, Ekwensi etc. Honourable mention to the north's Abubakar Gimba.
In Economics, the nation's finests are also Igbo in Soludo,Okonjo Iweala,ezekweli etc, although Yorubaman Sam Aluko was the reference point in Economic scholarship in the 70's through 80's. Today, Igbos rule.

What of Emegwali? Do Yorubas have a match for him? Chimamanda, much as I hate her, is another rep for Igbo.

So let me conclude by saying while Yoruba value education more than any other tribe and are ready to spend their last penny to get their children educated, head to head Igbo beats any other tribe in terms of world class brains.

PS: I'm a proud but detribalized Yoruba. But I don't let tribal sentiments override my analysis. Most times, I've had to defend the Hausas on NL , not because I'm one of them but because most of their critics, Deepzone and Queenisha in particular, do so without objectivity.

sorri bro, continue fooling yourself as much as u like till the end of the earth!

dnt know much about the most educated tribe, but what i can tell u is when it comes to education right

in igbo land na imo people

in yoruba land na ogunstate people minus all the alaye boyz ha

edo etc, so please check careful before spreading your hoax and funni premise everywhere plzzzzzzzzzz

should u think u can proof me otherwise feel free to do so
1 love

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Sisikill: 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2008
ikeyman00:

sorri bro, continue fooling yourself as much as u like till the end of the earth!

dnt know much about the most educated tribe, but what i can tell u is when it comes to education right

edo etc, so please check careful before spreading your hoax and funni premise everywhere plzzzzzzzzzz

1 love

LMOA! Yeah, the way you are being careful about spreading hoax and funny premise. You sure proved him wrong with all your stats, articles and whatnot! I'm telling you, It's gonna take a long time to finish reading all the data you have so generously provided to support your premise! cheesy cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2008
LMOA! Yeah, the way you are being careful about spreading hoax and funny premise. You sure proved him wrong with all your stats, articles and whatnot! I'm telling you, It's going to take a long time to finish reading all the data you have so generously provided to support your premise! 

people like u  should denounce ur nigerian status, we dnt need u hahhhha

seriously we done with u

keep fooling urself
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2008
I wasn't aware Yoruba was a "tribe" I thought they were a nation seeing as they over 30 milllion , but that may just be me.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Sisikill: 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2008
@ Ikeyman00
Rotflmao! Nigeria does not need me? I should denounce my Nigerian Status. . . because I told you to take the advice you are so quick to dish out?

Are you kidding me?

Where is your proof? Where is the evidence to support your post. . . The post you used to rubbish another person's post? You told him to stop spreading false premise, yet you do the same. . . And before you say you know what you know, I should tell you it won't make a difference because until you show some supporting evidence, yours is also an idea you just plucked out of your imagination. Wishful thinking, my dear is NOT reality, okay?

Do you get it now. . . Mr. Nigeria?

Oy Vey!
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Godalone(m): 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2008
ikeyman00:

1 love
Ekiti State
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by LizzyT: 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2008
@FSU. i think Kojeiwa was just asking a reasonable question that doesn't call for a fight. I'm not trying to support anybody here, but we need to make things clear to each other. You claimed to be educated but the education does not show in your behaviour (so sorry to say that if it hurts). if u're really educated, i think this kind of discussion should not be causing misunderstanding at all. Kojeiwa was not claiming that Yorubas' are the most educated tribe in Nigeria
(if you can't interprete his question very well). I would like to advise you to think deeply, apply your education and stop acting like you know everything, next time you want to participate in this kind of discussion.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 5:21am On Nov 06, 2008
Please na you get your mouth!! How come Soyinka is more world class than Achebe? Things Fall Apart has no rival in Africa!!

How did you count the number of educated Yorubas and that of others? Detribalized indeed!!

The Nobel is the hallmark of excellence and Soyinka has it not Achebe
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by JamaicanQT(f): 5:34am On Nov 06, 2008
I only dated Yorubas and i must say they are very educated and sucessfull,  last boyfriend went to University of Ibadan he's a accountant working with a big government company in central london at the time i was with him he was earning £28,000 then he lest and done his masters. He got a huge pay rise after
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Ifygurl: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2008
dayokanu:

The Nobel is the hallmark of excellence and Soyinka has it not Achebe

And Phillip Eweagali also have it too. So Soyinka doesn't prove Yoruba's are the smartest. If you ask me, i'll say the Ijaw are the smartest.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by MrCrackles(m): 10:56am On Nov 06, 2008
Do i agree with this?!

Not too sure
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria by Sammy107d(m): 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2008
totally dumb thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Badirat Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo’s Wife Matriculates (Photos) / The Eight Most Powerful Women Inside The Aláàfin Of Ọyọ’s Palace That You Never / Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.