Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife (3563 Views)

Capital Oil Is Currently Selling Fuel At N100 Per Litre In Nnewi(photo) / Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate / First Ladies Summit: 200 Cars Ordered By FG (BMW X3, X5, Jaguar & Other Exotics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by alex14(m): 5:21pm On Mar 18, 2012
I know this may sound crazy, but this is real and I intend to shed light on this for all to see. I met a nigerian from Oyo at a shipper's office in LA over the weekend who was loading a 40' container with skids of vegetable oil. At first, I thought he was an exporter, but during the course of our conversation as fellow nigerians, he revealed to me that he was only acting on behalf of the Ooni, who had personally ordered the consignment. He said the Ooni is greedy and hardly share things with others. He even told me that he wasn't making much from the loading and the Ooni already has a clearing agent to clear the vegetable oil for him. This dude even said that if it's possible for the Ooni to turn himself into a clearing agent, he would, so as to avoid paying anybody (agent) anything.
I asked him what the Ooni of Ife intend to do with so much cooking oil? He replied by bursting into a kind of laughter that will make you look naive, by saying that the Ooni has a special concubine, a female student of OAU, Ife. This female (according to this dude) has the biggest store in the popular market in Ibadan and she controls the cooking oil market.

The question is: wetin concern me? Why don't I mind mind my business and STFU? Abi na bad belle? The answer is simple. As long as the dungeon called nigeria remains one, what a traditional ruler like the Ooni does in public is of concern to me. He is giving an undue advantage to a female who in the real sense could not have been able to compete with others with thesame commodity.

Finally, the aspect of this whole saga that struck me most is the greed of this royal father,,,or perhaps the Ooni has no clue what it is to be a royal father? Why is the Ooni cutting out the middle men? Why is he not allowing the "wealth" to go around, for I believe a royal father should atleast ensure that all his subject(s) are somewhat confortable and happy angry
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Afam4eva(m): 5:24pm On Mar 18, 2012
Ooni of groundnut oil i hail thee. He's a business man so no biggie.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by alex14(m): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2012
If you see no problem in this by labelling him a businessman, then he should resign as the Ooni and face the trade of cooking oil squarely.

1 Like

Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Afam4eva(m): 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2012
alex_101: If you see no problem in this by labelling him a businessman, then he should resign as the Ooni and face the trade of cooking oil squarely.

Was he elected into the stool? he's not a politician so he's permitted to have the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by antartica(m): 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2012
You should be concerned whether he is going to pay due import duties on the consignment.But even when he does,the customs will dabaru it.It is a rogue system that only work for the corrupt and the rich
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2012
alex_101: I know this may sound crazy, but this is real and I intend to shed light on this for all to see. I met a nigerian from Oyo at a shipper's office in LA over the weekend who was loading a 40' container with skids of vegetable oil. At first, I thought he was an exporter, but during the course of our conversation as fellow nigerians, he revealed to me that he was only acting on behalf of the Ooni, who had personally ordered the consignment. He said the Ooni is greedy and hardly share things with others. He even told me that he wasn't making much from the loading and the Ooni already has a clearing agent to clear the vegetable oil for him. This dude even said that if it's possible for the Ooni to turn himself into a clearing agent, he would, so as to avoid paying anybody (agent) anything.
I asked him what the Ooni of Ife intend to do with so much cooking oil? He replied by bursting into a kind of laughter that will make you look naive, by saying that the Ooni has a special concubine, a female student of OAU, Ife. This female (according to this dude) has the biggest store in the popular market in Ibadan and she controls the cooking oil market.

The question is: wetin concern me? Why don't I mind mind my business and STFU? Abi na bad belle? The answer is simple. As long as the dungeon called nigeria remains one, what a traditional ruler like the Ooni does in public is of concern to me. He is giving an undue advantage to a female who in the real sense could not have been able to compete with others with thesame commodity.

Finally, the aspect of this whole saga that struck me most is the greed of this royal father,,,or perhaps the Ooni has no clue what it is to be a royal father? Why is the Ooni cutting out the middle men? Why is he not allowing the "wealth" to go around, for I believe a royal father should atleast ensure that all his subject(s) are somewhat confortable and happy angry

Here is a good way to get the Ooni good, you start your own oil trading store in the same Ibadan @Poster. By the way, is it possible to get details on the cost of sending a 40ft container of that sort from LA, I mean from this dude you met in LA as you claim?
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by alex14(m): 5:40pm On Mar 18, 2012
@ afam4eva,

The Ooni was not elected but SELECTED/ORDAINED, hence: he is still subject to certain ethics and moral standard, one of which is not to corrupt young female students or any female at that.

Again, the money he used for this deal or any other deal for that matter does not belong to him as he and other royal fathers are allocated money from the federation a/c via the local govt(s)
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by alex14(m): 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Here is a good way to get the Ooni good, you start your own oil trading store in the same Ibadan @Poster. By the way, is it possible to get details on the cost of sending a 40ft container of that sort from LA, I mean from this dude you met in LA as you claim?

I'm not into running any business, as my visit to the shipper's office is personal. As for the bolded, I have the guy's number and I will ask him how much it cost.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Mar 18, 2012
alex_101: [/b]

I'm not into running any business, as my visit to the shipper's office is personal. As for the bolded, I have the guy's number and I will ask him how much it cost.

Please do. You never know .. . there may be someone out there who is looking for an opportunity such as this one to take advantage of. Probably even better if you post the details in the business section so those who are looking for ways to make money can look into it.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 18, 2012
Refined cooking oil is a prohibited item you cannot import to Nigeria. All you have to do it forward whatever information you have to the Nigerian customs and if they don't act on it, contact a few media houses.

2 Likes

Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by naijaking1: 5:59pm On Mar 18, 2012
@Op
Please move this to rumor section. Even the ooni has human needs, too.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by strangerf: 6:00pm On Mar 18, 2012
Aigbofa: Refined cooking oil is a prohibited item you cannot import to Nigeria. All you have to do it forward whatever information you have to the Nigerians customs and if they don't act on it, contact a few media houses.

COme on, you are smarter than that, Olubuse is in his 80s and you want to believe he has a GF who is in her 20s controlling some under G cooking oil market in Dugbe?

BTW, Alex101 is Ibo. . . nuff said.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by strangerf: 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2012
naijaking1: @Op
Please move this to rumor section. Even the ooni has human needs, too.

What needs? S3x or money?

Obviously most of the disaporan here really have no clue who the OOni really is.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2012
alex_101: @ afam4eva,

The Ooni was not elected but SELECTED/ORDAINED, hence: he is still subject to certain ethics and moral standard, one of which is not to corrupt young female students or any female at that.

Again, the money he used for this deal or any other deal for that matter does not belong to him as he and other royal fathers are allocated money from the federation a/c via the local govt(s)

If the above is the premise of your post, then you should just mind your own business and let the Ooni mind his. If he is importing a contraband, that is a crime. If not, then mind your own business.

1 Like

Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2012
strangerf:

COme on, you are smarter than that, Olubuse is in his 80s and you want to believe he has a GF who is in her 20s controlling some under G cooking oil market in Dugbe?

Actually, I think the part about him having a girlfriend is balderdash anyway, it is nobody's business. He can even import a shipload of cooking oil, if it is legal. But importing refined cooking oil is not.

1 Like

Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by antartica(m): 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2012
strangerf:

Dont even come with that ageism argument,it doesn't work in nigeria.Old gagas with dough like the ooni Bleep all the pretty bi-tches in nigeria just because they got it and ready to dish it.

Nigerian bit.ches don't think about age when they are keen for money.Rich old men like the Ooni in nigeria just use young bitc-hes to replinishconsole their dying selves and wish they will be kids again.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Dede1(m): 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2012
strangerf:

I am baffled at the poster who claimed Ooni is 80 and would not need the help of a female university student to keep him erect. The poster I must say either does not understand a Yoruba man, Oba or not, or the poster forget well established ladies in the 40s or above also attend university.

1 Like

Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 18, 2012
antartica:

Dont even come with that ageism argument,it doesn't work in nigeria.Old gagas with dough like the ooni Bleep all the pretty bi-tches in nigeria just because they got it and ready to dish it.

Nigerian bit.ches don't think about age when they are keen for money.Rich old men like the Ooni in nigeria just use young bitc-hes to replinishconsole their dying selves and wish they will be kids again.

What about rich old people in America, U.K, Australia and everywhere else on the planet?
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 18, 2012
Dede1:

I am baffled at thi poster who claimed Ooni is 80 and would not need the help of a female university student to keep him erect. The poster I must say either does not understand a Yoruba man, Oba or not, or the poster forget well established ladies in the 40s or above also attend university.

If he doesn't understand the Ooni and Yoruba men, at least he should understand none other than the Ikemba of Nnewi. Bianca. . . and so on. . .

1 Like

Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by antartica(m): 6:40pm On Mar 18, 2012
Aigbofa:

What about rich old people in America, U.K, Australia and everywhere else on the planet?

Like play boy hughs in america,berlusconi of italy,dsk of france and string fellow in london.They are handful here in the west but in nigeria four out of five rich pot bellies keeps very young girls for "smooshing" and the women don't see any bad abot it.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by alex14(m): 6:45pm On Mar 18, 2012
I'm laughing at nigerians, who're dismissing this as rumour. Am I suprised? No, because most nigerians will rather play the ostrich and pretend that all is fair and well. Thesame way they waved off the UN findings in terms of the alarming rate of HIV rate in nigeria,,,,some even claimed that it was only in south Africa that the AIDS epidermic was rampant,,,,alas, today nigeria has over 7M HIV patients and still counting.
When the issue of gays/lesians was raised, these "ostrichy" nigerians also dismissed it as the work of the white men who hate nigeria and would do anything to tarnish its image. Again, today we have gay/lesbian churches in the nigerian dungeon headed by gay pastors. Even in Abuja, most of the so called legislators and Governors are hypocrites who're involved in battyman/gay behaviors,,,,YET some dumb nigerians continue to bury their heads in sand. This is why I believe the dungeon called nigeria is better disintegrated than standing dilapidated.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2012
Dede1:

I am baffled at thi poster who claimed Ooni is 80 and would not need the help of a female university student to keep him erect. The poster I must say either does not understand a Yoruba man, Oba or not, or the poster forget well established ladies in the 40s or above also attend university.

So what does an okoro knows about yoruba if i may ask ?

1 Like

Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 18, 2012
alex_101: I'm laughing at nigerians, who're dismissing this as rumour. Am I suprised? No, because most nigerians will rather play the ostrich and pretend that all is fair and well. Thesame way they waved off the UN findings in terms of the alarming rate of HIV rate in nigeria,,,,some even claimed that it was only in south Africa that the AIDS epidermic was rampant,,,,alas, today nigeria has over 7M HIV patients and still counting.
When the issue of gays/lesians was raised, these "ostrichy" nigerians also dismissed it as the work of the white men who hate nigeria and would do anything to tarnish its image. Again, today we have gay/lesbian churches in the nigerian dungeon headed by gay pastors. Even in Abuja, most of the so called legislators and Governors are hypocrites who're involved in battyman/gay behaviors,,,,YET some dumb nigerians continue to bury their heads in sand. This is why I believe the dungeon called nigeria is better disintegrated than standing dilapidated.

What exactly is your grouse with the Ooni? He has a girlfriend? He imports vegetable oil? Nigerians pretend there is no AIDS and gays in Africa?
Nigeria needs to disintegrate because of all of the above?

Stick to the point and stop blabbing!
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by alex14(m): 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2012
For those who lack comprehensive skills, the question(s) they should ask themselves is/are the following(s):

Why is the Ooni cutting out the middle men who could have benefitted from this and other deals?

Why is the Ooni (with state money) giving an undue adavantage to a female student over her competitors who have thesame commodities?

As for whether an eighty year can be involved with a young female, I will not address that because only a fool will still doubt such relationship in this day and age. It happened back in the day when there were no erectile drugs, let alone now that there countless number of them everywhere.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by alex14(m): 6:58pm On Mar 18, 2012
Aigbofa:

What exactly is your grouse with the Ooni? He has a girlfriend? He imports vegetable oil? Nigerians pretend there is no AIDS and gays in Africa?
Nigeria needs to disintegrate because of all of the above?

Stick to the point and stop blabbing!

You're the one off point. My grouse with the royal father are as follows:

Why is he cutting out the middle men, who could have made something from this deal?

Why is he disrupting the natural flow of things, by that I mean why use state resources to give undue advantage to a close female companion? Nuff said
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 18, 2012
alex_101: For those who lack comprehensive skills, the question(s) they should ask themselves is/are the following(s):

Why is the Ooni cutting out the middle men who could have benefitted from this and other deals?

Why is the Ooni (with state money) giving an undue adavantage to a female student over her competitors who have thesame commodities?

As for whether an eighty year can be involved with a young female, I will not address that because only a fool will still doubt such relationship in this day and age. It happened back in the day when there were no erectile drugs, let alone now that there countless number of them everywhere.

First and foremost,i dont believe this allegation which you cant even back up but as per nl level,bigotry will allow your fellow brother to fine tune this lies and make it a fact.Go back to the shipper,get useful information and post evidences,then we can know if ooni really abused his office.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2012
alex_101: For those who lack comprehensive skills, the question(s) they should ask themselves is/are the following(s):

Do you have any proof he used state money for any of his ventures? If so, that is what we should be debating. If not, he can cut out any middleman and anybody he wants to cut off from his business. Is he committing a crime by giving an "undue advantage" to this alleged woman? Explain the crime to us.

Otherwise, you are still blabbing my friend!

1 Like

Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Dede1(m): 7:11pm On Mar 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

So what does an okoro knows about yoruba if i may ask ?

Look at this Agbaya asking the shon of shoil, Omo Ojigbiti, Olu of Shomolu, Palm Grove, Shomolu LGA, Lagos State, what he knows about Yoruba man.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 18, 2012
Dede1:

Look at this Agbaya asking the shon of shoil, Omo Ojigbiti, Olu of Shomolu, Palm Grove, Shomolu LGA, Lagos State, what he knows about Yoruba man.

Dede1 my friend. The sun is very hot today in Nigeria, it is time for Nigeria to disintegrate. The harmattan weather is too cool today, it's time for Nigeria to disintegrate. I think you should change your handle to disintegration man.
Or you can abbreviate it to DIM. It's a cool name too, like the Ikemba.
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by DRANOEL(m): 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2012
@poster

here is what happened;
you were idle at the ports and met up with a fellow jobless person. then you both kicked off gossiping the ooni. like every gossip you made it rich and proceeded to NL.

btw, what is wrong with the ooni importing g/oil for his girlie?
what is wrong cutting off middle men? abi because he is ooni he shouldn't look for a good deal?
Re: Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife by 1luvkipsus: 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2012
This post is unnecessary and done in bad fate.if traditional rulers don‘t do business,how do u expect them to maintain their elaborate palaces considering the peanut they collect from govt?U even went to far to say that the ooni has a concubine;this is not only derogatory but disrespectful.and finally,you succeeded in endangering the life of the agent who divulged what is supposed to be a secret information to you,which you have made public..i‘m out of here...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Socialite, Gbenga Islander In Hot Romance With Ex Senator, Folashade Bent. / Benjamin Adekunle:all Soldiers Will Go To Hell / Aregbesola MUST Pay The Workers Of Osun State Asap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.